How tp open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro

How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the
way,the cipher is known.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance,

"juwen" <juwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the
> way,the cipher is known.
>
> Is it possible to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

How is this related to PowerPoint?

0
Gordon
6/2/2010 6:43:22 AM
Are you asking about an Excel file that's linked to a PowerPoint
presentation? This is the PowerPoint group, and I'm trying to figure out the
connection between your Excel question and PowerPoint.

"juwen" <juwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the
> way,the cipher is known.
>
> Is it possible to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

0
Echo
6/2/2010 11:57:35 AM
As far as I know in PowerPoint there's no method of opening a password
protected file using vba from Excel (or even in directly PowerPoint vba)
Unlike in Excel you cannot specify the password as an argument.
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

"juwen" wrote:

> How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the
> way,the cipher is known.
>
> Is it possible to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

PowerPoint does not natively provide a way to open password-protected
presentations. You might want to look at my free openppt.dll that allows you
to supply a password to open a password protected presentation. To use it
from Excel, you would have to create an instance of PowerPoint using
CreateObject() and pass the instance as the first parameter to the
OpenPresentation() function.

More information on openppt.dll is available at
http://officeone.mvps.org/openppt/

- Chirag

  PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
  http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

"juwen" <juwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the
> way,the cipher is known.
>
> Is it possible to do this?
>
> Thanks in advance,

0
Chirag
6/2/2010 6:58:49 PM
I am doing as follows:
1.Place the openppt.dll in the Windows folder (C:\Windows).
2.plug-in a new module
3.write code in new module:
'---------------------------------------------
Sub Test()
    Dim Pres As Presentation
    Set Pres = OpenPresentation(Application, _
        "d:\prespass.ppt", "123", _
        False, False, True)
End Sub
'-----------------------------------------------
Error: Run-time Error'424' Object Required

How I am going to do.

Thank you

"Chirag" <Chirag@discussions.microsoft.com> д����Ϣ����:eFIDlWoALHA.4400@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> PowerPoint does not natively provide a way to open password-protected
> presentations. You might want to look at my free openppt.dll that allows
> you to supply a password to open a password protected presentation. To use
> it from Excel, you would have to create an instance of PowerPoint using
> CreateObject() and pass the instance as the first parameter to the
> OpenPresentation() function.
>
> More information on openppt.dll is available at
> http://officeone.mvps.org/openppt/
>
> - Chirag
>
>  PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
>  http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html
>
> "juwen" <juwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the
>> way,the cipher is known.
>>
>> Is it possible to do this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,

0
king21c
6/3/2010 2:56:14 AM
Is 123 the password to open prespass.ppt? If yes and you are still getting
this error, can you please email me your prespass.ppt to help me analyze the
issue? Which PowerPoint version are you using?

- Chirag

"king21c" <king21c@126.com> wrote in message
> I am doing as follows:
> 1.Place the openppt.dll in the Windows folder (C:\Windows).
> 2.plug-in a new module
> 3.write code in new module:
> '---------------------------------------------
> Sub Test()
>    Dim Pres As Presentation
>    Set Pres = OpenPresentation(Application, _
>        "d:\prespass.ppt", "123", _
>        False, False, True)
> End Sub
> '-----------------------------------------------
> Error: Run-time Error'424' Object Required
>
> How I am going to do.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Chirag" <Chirag@discussions.microsoft.com>
> д����Ϣ����:eFIDlWoALHA.4400@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> PowerPoint does not natively provide a way to open password-protected
>> presentations. You might want to look at my free openppt.dll that allows
>> you to supply a password to open a password protected presentation. To
>> use it from Excel, you would have to create an instance of PowerPoint
>> using CreateObject() and pass the instance as the first parameter to the
>> OpenPresentation() function.
>>
>> More information on openppt.dll is available at
>> http://officeone.mvps.org/openppt/
>>
>> - Chirag
>>
>>  PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
>>  http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html
>>
>> "juwen" <juwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the
>>> way,the cipher is known.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to do this?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,

0
Chirag
6/3/2010 6:13:50 PM
"king21c" <king21c@126.com> wrote in

> I am doing as follows:
> 1.Place the openppt.dll in the Windows folder (C:\Windows).
> 2.plug-in a new module
> 3.write code in new module:
> '---------------------------------------------
> Sub Test()
>     Dim Pres As Presentation
>     Set Pres = OpenPresentation(Application, _
>         "d:\prespass.ppt", "123", _
>         False, False, True)
> End Sub
> '-----------------------------------------------
> Error: Run-time Error'424' Object Required
>
> How I am going to do.

You need to add the import declaration at the top of your module, above
your Sub:

Public Declare Function OpenPresentation Lib "openppt.dll" ( _
    ByVal PowerPoint As Variant, _
    ByVal FileName As String, _
    ByVal Password As String, _
    ByVal ReadOnly As Boolean, _
    ByVal Untitled As Boolean, _
    ByVal WithWindow As Boolean) As Variant

0
Matti
6/3/2010 7:20:22 PM
Chirag

My PowerPoint version is 2003
I want to E-mail the prespass.ppt to you.
Can you give me your valid E-mail.

-juwen

"Chirag" wrote:

> Is 123 the password to open prespass.ppt? If yes and you are still getting
> this error, can you please email me your prespass.ppt to help me analyze the
> issue? Which PowerPoint version are you using?
>
> - Chirag
>
> "king21c" <king21c@126.com> wrote in message
> > I am doing as follows:
> > 1.Place the openppt.dll in the Windows folder (C:\Windows).
> > 2.plug-in a new module
> > 3.write code in new module:
> > '---------------------------------------------
> > Sub Test()
> >    Dim Pres As Presentation
> >    Set Pres = OpenPresentation(Application, _
> >        "d:\prespass.ppt", "123", _
> >        False, False, True)
> > End Sub
> > '-----------------------------------------------
> > Error: Run-time Error'424' Object Required
> >
> > How I am going to do.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > "Chirag" <Chirag@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:eFIDlWoALHA.4400@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> PowerPoint does not natively provide a way to open password-protected
> >> presentations. You might want to look at my free openppt.dll that allows
> >> you to supply a password to open a password protected presentation. To
> >> use it from Excel, you would have to create an instance of PowerPoint
> >> using CreateObject() and pass the instance as the first parameter to the
> >> OpenPresentation() function.
> >>
> >> More information on openppt.dll is available at
> >> http://officeone.mvps.org/openppt/
> >>
> >> - Chirag
> >>
> >>  PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
> >>  http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html
> >>
> >> "juwen" <juwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> .

You can send me an email at the id listed at the bottom of the same web
page.

- Chirag

> Chirag
>
> My PowerPoint version is 2003
> I want to E-mail the prespass.ppt to you.
> Can you give me your valid E-mail.
>
> -juwen

0
Chirag
6/4/2010 7:07:53 AM
Yes,I  added the import declaration at the top of your module,which I forgot
to write

'--------------------------------------------------------------------
Public Declare Function OpenPresentation Lib "openppt.dll" ( _
    ByVal PowerPoint As Variant, _
    ByVal FileName As String, _
    ByVal Password As String, _
    ByVal ReadOnly As Boolean, _
    ByVal Untitled As Boolean, _
    ByVal WithWindow As Boolean) As Variant

 Sub Test()
     Dim Pres As Presentation
     Set Pres = OpenPresentation(Application, _
         "d:\prespass.ppt", "123", _
         False, False, True)
 End Sub
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Error: Run-time Error'424' Object Required

Tracking open files
I often leave files open for days and when I have 20-70 open at the same time I run out resources and one invariably locks up, especially a PowerPoint 2007 file. Is there a way that I can have one of my Access databases log all open files using a form's click event so that I can reopen them when the system crashes? This database is always running--can't work without it and so it is a logical place to store a listing of all my open files. Thanks for suggesting a place where I can start developing the code to do this. In addition to PPTX and DOCX, I usually keep a...

can not open lib file
hi, if a try to compile a porgramm i get always the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "TranslationController.lib" kann nicht geoeffnet werden --> can not open the lib ....waht do i hier wrong please....??? thnaks You need to locate the .lib file, and make sure msdev is looking for it in the right place by looking in Tools->Options + Directories tab. Jase "Marc" <rote_granit@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013901c3c807$5a8f8fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > if a try to compile a porgramm i get always > the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104:...

Restrictions, when trying to open
Hello, I am running an XP machine with Zone alarm and Norton antivirus active. Also have Earthlink Total Access running. What setting needs to be changed to allow using the Tool dropdown, and opening Internet options? Also, when opening any link, the color remains the same for the text after closing, so I don't know which link I have already looked at. Using Google as the search line. Thanks in advance for your help. Bob Does any of this have anything to do with Outlook? I'm just trying to check where your mix of software & settings intersects with Outlook. "Bob" &l...

Opening outlook opens work
I have Office 2003 and upon opening outlook, the framework and border for word opens over it. The word window has no tool bars or other functionallity as when word itself is opened. I can close this window and outlook is there and functional, but this is frustrating. I can't figure out what is starting it up. Any ideas? Thanks, Ken First, try creating a new mai profile under Control Panel, Mail Icon. If that does not work, then try running Detect and Repair from the Help Menu of any Office program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

where can I find file cp561401.cab?
I am trying to install Office 2003 into a new laptop and it is looking fo rfile CP 561401.CAB. I can't seem to find it on line. Where can I get it? Cab files are on your Offoce CD. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "rutt" <rutt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21A25A72-0CB3-4FF3-8CD8-F5FF77D6D672@microsoft.com... >I am trying to install Office 2003 into a new laptop and it is looking fo > rfile CP 561401.CAB. I can't seem to find it on line. Where can I g...

Create a form to open a comma delimited file
I am sending a comma delimited file to the server for my users to open it in Excel. I would like to create a form so that when they open this file, the data will be formatted and separated into appropriate columns and also contain headers identifying the columns and the report name. Does any one know if this is possible? If so, please provide some pointers on how to accomplish this task. Thank You, ~Rick 1. Save your file as *.txt (not .csv) 2. Start a new workbook 3. Record a macro when you open it and specify each field 4. Add headers/print layout/filters/subtotals, whatever e...

Allow all tasks to be re-opened for editing.
There are frequent occasions where tasks need to be updated after they have been closed: Typos, time and date changes/updates, etc. If there is security concerned then limit who can update a closed task. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Macro works sporadically
I want everything to be uppercase in the worksheet and have entered this macro: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("B3:W1000")) Is Nothing Then Target(1).Value = UCase(Target(1).Value) End If Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub It works sporadically. How do I make it work all the time? Thank you. I just tested your code on xl2002 and it worked fine in row 3 or below and columns b:w. BTW I find this works as good Target = UCase(Target) > Target(1).Value = UCase(Target(...

Control Array in PowerPoint VB
How can you determine which control was activated (through an attached "action") to invoke a macro in Visual Basic (i.e. which was the last object clicked on). I have several similar named buttons on a slide with attached actions for mouse clicks. Currently i have a separate macro for each. Each button executes the SAME code with one exception....that each sets a common variable to a different value eg. Dim buttonpress as integer Sub button1 buttonpress = 1 (or 2 or 3 etc) ...common code here... End sub of course this works....but doesn't seem lik...

Why do I have to use open with to open a word document
When I try to open a 2007 word document on my desktop, it opens as notepad and is unreadable. I have to go to "open with" and choose word. I would like to be able to just click on the document and have it open in word. It also happens quite often with Word attachments in Outlook. Try this: Click Start | Run. Type winword /r and press Enter to re-register file associations in Word. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ed12" <Ed12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17506587-495A-4908-9940-674497DC26E0@microsoft.com... > ...

Excel Defaulting to Outlook Express
I have a user who would like to e-mail a spreadsheet from within Excel. User clicks the send to button, and types in the e-mail address, but starts the Outlook Express wizard to create a mail account. User has Outlook 2003 on her PC, and is set to be the default e-mail client. This is only occurring on this one machine. Why has Excel decided that OE is to be used, instead of Outlook, and how do I correct this? Hi Jonathan Check out if Outlook is your mail program for Office Start>Settings>Control Panel....Internet options (Program Tab) Close Excel first before you make a change....

my excel document won't open unless i go file, then open
I am unable to just click a saved excel document and it opens, I have to open the excel program and then go thru file then open and browse to the document Try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In...

In Excel, when i key in 02352 and press enter, the zero goes off
In Excel, when i key in any group of numbers with a zero preceding it, and then press enter, the zero disappears. How do i for instance key in 02352. with the zero still intact when i press enter. Please help! On May 17, 3:11=A0pm, Query <Qu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Excel, when i key in any group of numbers with a zero preceding it, an= d > then press enter, the zero disappears. =A0How do i for instance key in 02= 352. > with the zero still intact when i press enter. =A0Please help! EXCEL 2007 Format the cell(s) as text (Home / Font group / cl...

Unable To Open Attachments #2
We use Win2kServer, Exchange 2000 SP3 and OutlookXP When i try open message with attachment i have problem.. the error message is : Could not open one or more attachments! is it a bug in Exchange or Outlook? Are you dealing with the Secutiy Lock within OL2002 for "unsafe" attachments? This is what it sound like. There are KB articles all over the place on it. Jason >-----Original Message----- >We use Win2kServer, Exchange 2000 SP3 and OutlookXP > >When i try open message with attachment i have problem.. > >the error message is : Could not open one or mor...

changing alphabetical order in excel
I need to change the custom sorting order, but not according to categories, which is the only way I've found help on. I use a Maltese font which uses ` / \ etc to represent various characters, and when I sort a-->z I need excel to sort ie : a b ` d e f g [ h ... etc is it possible to change the actual alphabetical order in this way? -- cura ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cura's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28585 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482488 I...

Excel-based Financial Reporting Tool
Is there a good Excel-based financial reporting tool that interfaces to Great Plains? We were using Atlas with our former Axapta software and were very happy with the ease of use and the fact that all reports were Excel based. We bought FRX thinking we were getting the same type of Excel-based product. Perhaps we are still too new to FRX, but it appears to be much more complicated to setup and is definitely not Excel-based. From an accounting viewpoint having the financial reports generated from within Excel is ideal. Ease to use, modifiy, consolidate, etc. Bruce Bruce, I don&#...

Newsletter in Publisher cannot be opened
Hi - I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my staff. We were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the fact that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot open the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it indicated that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File. That worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it. I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a news...

Opening files in Word
Up until about one week ago when I opened a Word file it would open in a new Window that was independent of any other Word files that were open -- I could therefore have two documents open on two different screens (I uses a two monitor configuration) at the same time. Now when I open a second word document it opens in the same window and if I minimize it it minimizes to a tab in the open window on the bottom left. How do I get back to the point where I can open a second document in what is in effect a separate window (active program)? Any takers? Thanks Click Office but...

Excel automation, change Category (X) Axis Labels, VB6
Hello, I put some data to excel sheet from Access DB through VB6. I can create charts but I can set the labels for the X axes. For example if I set data for charts as : | A | B | 1 | 3 | 10 | 2 | 4 | 25 | 3 | 5 | 55 | Excel Automaticaly set LAbels for X-axes as: 3,4,5, and Y Values as 10,25,55. Because Title and value columns are next to each other. But in my case I want Y values as Column B1:B3 and X labels as E1:E3 which is not next to column B. | A | B | C | D | E | 1 | X | 10 | X | X | 3 | 2 | X | 25 | X | X | 4 | 3 | X | 55 | X | X | 5 | M...

Importing an OpenOffice file in .ods ext (Excell format)
I am new to Excell and would like to import an OpenOffice .ods file in Excell. Can anyone tell me how to do this. Do you still have access to OpenOffice? If yes then open it there and save as XLS and then open in Excel... Or open with googledocs and then save as XLS You can try out tools at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=169337 "jejpa" wrote: > I am new to Excell and would like to import an OpenOffice .ods file in > Excell. Can anyone tell me how to do this. "jejpa" <jejbutler@yahoo.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:F9...

excel 2003 always hang when open more than 1 file
I am facing the problem in my office. When I open more than 1 excel file, the PC is hang up and anythings is freeze, need hardware reset. My system is Win XP Pro sp2 and Office 2003. Another PC have the same problem. ...

Cannot open Outlook Express 6
I received an email that was unsolicited. I tried to delete it but instead it locked Outlook Express, and since then I cannot open it. I ran Virus scans but nothing was found, and Road Runner gave that email a clean bill of health. I believe I need to reinstall just the file that opens OUtlook Express, but if that is correct, how does one get that single file, or do I have to delete the entire program. If that is the only way, will I lose my past email as I cannot open it to save it. Help This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for W...

protection indicator
Hi I write two question a bout this but no answer pleas, if possible I want a function that if worksheet protected write a text in a cell like "protected" if not protected, write "unprotected". kind regards nader You can use the following sample macro code Sub SetProtection() Range("A1").Formula = "1" Range("B1").Formula = "3" Range("C1").Formula = "4" ActiveSheet.Protect ' Check the protection setting of the worksheet and act accordingly. If ActiveSheet.Protection...

photoelements 5 opens by itself
working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I am calling for it. How do I stop this behavior? Did you embed the photos? What is the format of the pictures? Did paste the pictures from PhotoElements? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dickm" <dickm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB6E4F9-1641-4F85-9518-1DEEAEC4676A@microsoft.com... > working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps > opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I ...

Any Pareto tools in MS excel?
Hi all, I wanna make a Pareto Analysis in Excel 2003. I could not find the existing tool. Is there any other method or third party tools? Certainly, free tools are better choices. -- Best Regards, Zuohong Yu Mailto Zuohong_yu@MSN.com Hi Zuohong, If you do a search in Google's newsgroup archive, you'll find 189. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search search in newsgroups *excel* -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Zuohong Yu" <unruedepicardie@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:OYKHnQJmEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi a...