how to type a different language?

Making a power point in english, but a name has a weird accent mark on the top.

Usually you can insert special characters by Holding down the Alt key and
pressing a set of numbers on numeric key pad. what character are you trying
to insert? You can find them (depending on your Operating system) by
clicking on the Start Button, Accessories, Character Map, which will give
you the keystroke you need to insert it.

--
  Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

"whiteboy65" <whiteboy65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Making a power point in english, but a name has a weird accent mark on the
> top.

0
Michael
5/28/2010 11:04:17 AM
In article <7DB03D13-2875-4E0F-8679-C47F28CD61EB@microsoft.com>, Whiteboy65
wrote:
> Making a power point in english, but a name has a weird accent mark on the top.

Simplest thing would probably to be to use Insert, Symbol (where it lives depends
on which version of PPT you have).

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve

Changing Language of Mac MS Word Version 12.1.3
The product was installed with Dutch menus and help files. How can this be changed to english? On 3/25/09 1:34 AM, in article 190C45F8-6AFE-4817-9BD0-3A139648F95D@microsoft.com, "ClarityMan" <ClarityMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The product was installed with Dutch menus and help files. How can this be > changed to english? Unfortunately, it can't. You must purchase and install the English version. -- Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom ...

Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic
Hi How can I do the following: Lets say I have the following labels and data For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice. To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie, Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid pie to the right with series lines connectiing them. I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made up ...

compare two columns and pull out differences
I have two columns of numbers. I want to know the numbers that do not have a match or are not in both columns. But I need all of each column to be compared to all of the other column...not cell by cell. It would be great if I could pull out the differences and put them in a different column. Looking at two long lists of numbers to pull out the different number is very time consuming! Thanks for any help you can give me! To check column A against column B: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0)),"",A2) vice versa: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,A:A,0)),"",B2) Any number lis...

Protect or Unprotect Cell dependent on different cell
I am trying to find a way of automatically protecting a cell if an adjacent cell has a specific value whilst if that cell has a different value the cell would be unprotected. For example if I am aiming to have a column with values in that will be entered but if a field next to it has a 1 in the value field will then be locked. But if the 1 is changed to a 0 the value field could then be edited. Many Thanks for any help. David You could do this with a worksheet_change event to make it fully automatic.Unlock ccell f1>protect the sheet>right click sheet tab>view ...

Typing in macros
I have made a few macros and use them in word and excel 2000. When I see typed out macros on the message boards I am not quite sure how to use them. Do I go into the editor, type them in and then link them with a button on the toolbar? What module do I put them in and is there one for the personal worksheet. I have been struggling with the syntax of Visual Basics for years. Just need a step by step explanation. Thank You Sue In general, the macros you see in the groups are likely to be ordinary macros that will go into a general module in the VBE, eg:- Hit ALT+F11 and this will...

Open File Dialog to fileter multiple file types at once...?
Hello, Here is another quick one for you all. The solution is probably simple, but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have the following code: CFileDialog OpenDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT | OFN_HIDEREADONLY, ""); // Later must set this to retrieve a value from the registry OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "c:\\"; OpenDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFilter = "txt Files\0*.txt\0Doc Files\0*.doc\0"; OpenDlg.DoModal(); I am trying to get the box to filter out everything but the *.doc and the *.txt files ... I have seen some boxes that have something that...

Rectification of wrong posting type
Hi There is one PL account say "Mic Expenses" has got wrong posting type "Balance sheet", when we closed the year 2005 ,System has brought forward the balance of that account into next year 2006, which otherwise should have been gone into the Retain Earning of 2006, is there any option to rectify this error, other then passing rectifying JV in 2005(coz in that case if I take last year TB then ending balance of this account would be Zero) or restoring the backup and doing closing procedure again. Thanks in Advance Shabnam There is a Article ID for this in partner s...

Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types?
Hi, I am getting the above error message everytime I try to insert a chart or any type into a completely blank presentation using either the Insert, Chart command or the Insert Chart button in the Title and Content slide layout. I am using 2007. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Shane Devenshire Try running Office Diagnostics, Shane. Open PPT or Excel, hit the Office button, then <app> Options | Resources. I think that may resolve this issue. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007...

Different tax values on same order
We have times where we have two or three different taxation levels on the same sales order in GP 8.0 (using SOP). For example, we have a service, which is exempt; a cabling item, which is taxed at roughly 3%; and a standard inventory item which is taxed at 7.95%. SOP setup is set to Advanced. Currently I seem to only be able to get the taxing to work at either the 3% or the 7.95% levels based upon the tax schedule associated with my customer. Is this correct or is there a way to do what I need to do that I'm just missing? Thanks! Lisa ...

difference of dates
How can I check for entries made during the last week, what would I put in for the query. I do have a field where it stores the date. Also how would I get a report for all my data broken down into weeks? Week of 8/1 week of 8/8 etc. Thanks, Greg Blanche On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:56:05 -0700, GregB <GregB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I check for entries made during the last week, what would I put in >for the query. I do have a field where it stores the date. There are a number of date handling functions built in to Access. Just what do you mean by "the last ...

printing multiple different name tags on one sheet of A4
I have created name tags which I want to be able to print 8 per page of A4 I can print 8 of the same how do I set it up to print 8 different ones per page I have publisher 2003 You could do a mail merge.... have you tried that? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Kathryn Groves "June" <June@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F68FAEE-6ADA-4C1A-9E4C-63192DA18854@microsoft.com... >I have created name tags which I want to be able to print 8 per page of A4 > I can print 8 of the same > how do I set it up to print 8 different ones per page > I have publ...

need help to declard type=IntType instead type="xsd:int" with xml schema
Hi, I am writing C# code to produce xml schema. //Create attribute XmlSchemaAttribute att2 = new XmlSchemaAttribute(); att2.Name = "CustomerID"; att2.SchemaTypeName = new XmlQualifiedName("int",schemaNS); att2.Use = XmlSchemaUse.Required; ct.Attributes.Add(att2); I need to produce schema with custom data type instead of the xsd:string or xsd:int The code above will produce the following schema <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" version="1.0" xmlns:xsd=...

Scatterplots with different colors based on Type of Data
Is it possible to plot a scatterplot with different colors for 2 sets of data? E.g Type of Agreement MRP Discount% Limited 10 5% UnLimited 20 10% I want to show different colors for Limited & Unlimited. Is it possible to plot scatterplots on both axis(Primary & Secondary) Please let me know. Thanks, Satish If I use this range to make a chart Limited 10 5% Unlimited ...

outlook type interface
I have an SDI application and want to change it so I have a split window, on the left I want a TreeControl above a 'PropertyGrid' control. Then my exisiting SDI Client in the space on the right Can anyone point in the right direction to achieve this Any help will be much appreciated Thanks Phil You need to use two CSplitterWnds (as members of your CMainFrame). Override CMainFrame::OnCreateClient and create a vertical splitter as the main child (i.e. 1 row, 2 cols). Then you want to create a horz splitter as a child of the left-hand pane of the main splitter (which has 2 rows, 1 c...

VSTO Excel 2003 to VB 6.0 Type mismatch
Hi, I have an Addin 2003 Application. In this Application I'm calling an VB 6.0 Dll and I send Excel Application Object as Parameter. In VB Project I'm using Workbook_Open event with WithEvents. I have a messagebox there. Unfortunately when i call VB dll , I get this Error Message -- > Type mismatch. Is there any Idea? Code in VS2008 : private Project1.Class1 vbapp; private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { #region VSTO generated code this.Application = (Excel.Application)Microsoft....

predictive typing of addressee
I am frequently sending sensitive email to a person who has a very common name. More than once I have almost sent the email to the wrong party because of the Outlook feature that predicts the addressee name. Does anyone know how to eliminate names from the dropdown list that appears as you type tha addressee name? Or is there a way to stop addressee names from appearing automatically as you type in the "To" field. Any help will be appreciated. joanne Use arrow keys to highlight error address, then hit Delete Btn Do you use Contacts?, hitting the 'To' Btn will bri...

Macro with a different Header for each Sheet
HELLO, I have a question for you guys...I have a worksheet with 12 Sheets: A; B; C; .....K;L. I would like to record a macro in VBA wich alows me to put in each Sheet a Header like: Department A for Sheet A, Departement B for Sheet B, etc; Is this possibile? Please, please help me...I tried all day long ! Thanks -- Dragos Assuming you wanted the header in Cell A1: Sub NameThem() Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets(i).Range("A1").Value = "Department " & Sheets(i).Name Next i End Sub Hope this helps Rowan Dragos wrote: > H...

Language changes after update query
I have a data entry form where the user fills out text, numerical data, dates, etc. I created a button in the same form that runs a macro in background containing several update queries. At least 1 record changes from English to some other kind of language or font but it looks like Japanese or Chinese characters. I can't figure out why this happens and only on the that 1 macro. I would very much appreciate your input. TIA On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:10:01 -0800, Y2 <Y2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a data entry form where the user fills out text, numerical data, ...

"Can't change data type" error
I'm trying to reduce the field size of text fields in my database. They defaulted to 255 characters when I created my database but in many cases I only need a size of around 20. When I enter the reduced size for one field in the table design view and try to save the change to that field I get the following errors: "Microsoft Access can't change the data type. There isn't enough diskspace or memory." When I click OK to the above I then get the following message: "Errors were encountered durnig the save operation. Data types were not changed. Properties w...

How to convert CString type to LPCSTR type
Hi, I have a CString type variable, and I need to convert it's to LPCSTR type ,what I can do! example: CString m_strExecFile(_T("C:\\\\aa.exe")); next I want to call WinExec Command to execute this file LPCSTR lpcstr ; lpcstr = m_strExecFile.GetBuffer(); WinExec(lpcstr,SW_SHOW); BUT the compilier tells me it can not convert w_char * to LPCSTR type! Why? ps. I use vs2005 program in UNICODE mode. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -joseph Why use a CString in this case at all, if all you are doing is using it in WinExec. Something ...

10 different business cards on one sheet of paper?
Is there anyway of making business cards with microsoft publisher? Casey wrote: > Is there anyway of making business cards with microsoft publisher? nope If wanting to make ten different cards on a sheet of card stock you will need to make the work area 8�"x11" with �" margins, two columns and five rows. Next create ten cards of the difference you wish. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Casey" <Casey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70E56A18-0A9F-4E42-A97D-4B399CD9F5B1@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway of making business cards with mic...

Aggregate data types mismatch
Using reporting services 2008. Getting a really weird error when calculating a variance between a budget and actual amount in the report. Both the underlying fields are of data type 'money', but when performing the calc in the report writer, i am getting the following error: [rsAggregateOfMixedDataTypes] The Value expression for the textrun 'Variance_MTD_ActualvsBudget1.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]' uses an aggregate function on data of varying data types. Aggregate functions other than First, Last, Previous, Count, and CountDistinct can only aggregate data of a si...

Change types
I hav got a letter with types that i cannot understand. When i mark some of the words, tells me that this type is sansserif. I think that this is a joke but i cannot find out how to change to arial or times new roman ...

Determining address of value type variables
How to get the address of(memory location) value type variables? GetHashCode() returns only value and not its address Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" wrote: > How to get the address of(memory location) value type variables? > > GetHashCode() returns only value and not its address > > Thank you > > Regards > Raj An address in memory and a hashcode have nothing to do with each other. You should rarely, if ever, need to get an address of any .net object. To get an address in memory, you need to use unsafe code and the "&a...

Advice for type of chart
I'm comparing the sugar content of different beverages. However the values vary for example cocktails may have between 90-130 grams per liter and vegetable juices perhaps 40-100 grams. Which type of graph should I use to represent the various drinks and show the single variations rather then their averages? Thanks, Rob Hi you could try using a "high low close" format, with the "close" value set equal to the high or low to make it effectively a "high low chart. Or, a stacked bar with the first series set to colour none, line colou none, has a similar effec...