How to replace chart color

Currently I update a presentation using a new template. The color of
some charts are updated automaticly according to the new template
color schemes. But some are not.
I have to double click the charts and change the color of each charts
now.
There are lots of charts. Is there any methond to replace the old
chart color with the new one??
0
kelly

Which version of PPT are you using?

"kelly" <zhoulan1978@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Currently I update a presentation using a new template. The color of
> some charts are updated automaticly according to the new template
> color schemes. But some are not.
> I have to double click the charts and change the color of each charts
> now.
> There are lots of charts. Is there any methond to replace the old
> chart color with the new one??

0
Echo

On Apr 21, 7:37=A0pm, "Echo S" <msnewsgro...@echosvoiceUGHSPAM.com>
wrote:
> Which version of PPT are you using?
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP]http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010?http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyanceshttp://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kithttp://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>
> "kelly" <zhoulan1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Currently I update a presentation using a new template. The color of
> > some charts are updated automaticly according to the new template
> > color schemes. But some are not.
> > I have to double click the charts and change the color of each charts
> > now.
> > There are lots of charts. Is there any methond to replace the old
> > chart color with the new one??- Hide quoted text -

kelly
4/22/2010 5:49:46 AM
Thanks. Try selecting the chart, then on the Picture toolbar, click Recolor,
then "entire color scheme."

If your chart was set up using the color scheme, this will recolor it. If it
wasn't -- that is, if the creator used the palette of colors above the color
scheme colors in the data series formatting area -- then it won't help. In
that case, I think you'd have to use code. Or do them all manually, as
you've been doing.

If you need to turn on the Picture toolbar, look under View | Toolbars.

> 2003
>
> On Apr 21, 7:37 pm, "Echo S" <msnewsgro...@echosvoiceUGHSPAM.com>
> wrote:
>> Which version of PPT are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP]http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2010?http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyanceshttp://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kithttp://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>
>> "kelly" <zhoulan1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Currently I update a presentation using a new template. The color of
>> > some charts are updated automaticly according to the new template
>> > color schemes. But some are not.
>> > I have to double click the charts and change the color of each charts
>> > now.
>> > There are lots of charts. Is there any methond to replace the old
>> > chart color with the new one??- Hide quoted text -

Echo
4/22/2010 3:16:46 PM
On Apr 22, 11:16=A0pm, "Echo S" <msnewsgro...@echosvoiceUGHSPAM.com>
wrote:
> Thanks. Try selecting the chart, then on the Picture toolbar, click Recol=
or,
> then "entire color scheme."
>
> If your chart was set up using the color scheme, this will recolor it. If=
 it
> wasn't -- that is, if the creator used the palette of colors above the co=
lor
> scheme colors in the data series formatting area -- then it won't help. I=
> that case, I think you'd have to use code. Or do them all manually, as
> you've been doing.
>
> If you need to turn on the Picture toolbar, look under View | Toolbars.
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP]http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010?http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyanceshttp://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kithttp://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>
> "kelly" <zhoulan1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > 2003
>
> > On Apr 21, 7:37 pm, "Echo S" <msnewsgro...@echosvoiceUGHSPAM.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Which version of PPT are you using?
>
> >> --
> >> Echo [MS PPT MVP]http://www.echosvoice.com
> >> What's new in PPT 2010?http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> >> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyanceshttp://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> >> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kithttp://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>
> >> "kelly" <zhoulan1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

ohh, Thks. some charts updated.
seems that i have to do it manually for the rest
0
kelly

more symbols in chart
I need to chart an experiment data for 28 monkeys. I wanted to use a separate symbol for each monkey. I am limited to black and white only, so I can't use multiple colors. I am experimenting on changing white, black for back ground color, fore color, to make a distinct symbol for each monkey. Does any body know how do we get more symbols on the chart? Thanks in advance for any help, sheela Jon Peltier has instructions for Custom series markers: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html sheela wrote: > I need to chart an experiment data for 28 ...

Bar chart for product sales
I have an excel sheet with 3 columns order number, quantity, order date I would like to see a bar or line chart that shows the sales trend. The order date column contains duplicates since there are often many orders of the same thing on the same day. The date format is MM/DD/YYYY The date range spans 3 years so I was thinking it would be cool to see a bar per month that represents the quantity ordered of that month. I don't really care about the order number appearing in the chart, I simply had to use it when I exported the query from access. using excel 2002 Hi Z...

Replace word in sentence function...
I have the following function which replaces a word in a sentence with "....." =REPLACE(I2,SEARCH(E2,I2),LEN(E2),".....") Where the word is E2 and the sentence is I2. At the moment, if the word is "work" and the sentence is "I worked at home" I get the sentence "I .....ed at home". Any ideas how I could capture any remaining letters at the end of the word and get the result "I ..... at home"? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance, Chris can you upload example, would be easier to view -- Message posted from h...

find and replace hyperlink?
Hi, I want to globally find and replace the contents of a hyperlink with a new hyperlink. For example, I want this Jul.xls#'Title Page'!A1 to be replaced with Aug.xls#'Title Page'!A1 I can't seem to find a way do it. Is there a way? Thank you, Mike Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm me wrote: > > Hi, I want to g...

Automatic Charts in Excel
Hello !!! I have an external program that generates data files in CSV format Column A contains my data and Column E contain time of day values i 24hr:min:sec format (22:12:30) The CSV gets updated every 10 second and no 2 rows have the same time value. After the CSV is closed I nee to do the following... Open a worksheet (excel 2000) with a macro already loaded. Run the macro which prompts the user to load a CSV file. Search column E for the time value 22:00:00 If not found then select E1 Search column E for the time value 04:00:00 If not found select the last cell in column E Create a range...

Replacing Powerpoint 97 SR-2 on M/S Office 97 Pro Edit on Win XP
I dread asking this in case someone descends on me like a ton of bricks and says the answer is in the posts already! - but i I have never used the PP 97 which came with the MS Office 97 Pro Edit I have installed on my computer which uses Win XP with Ser Pack 3. I am about to embark on using PowerPoint for the FIRST time and wonder whether I should, before anything else, acquire a more up to date version first - and one that will work problem free with my XP - which version should I go for and will it, on loading, overwrite and replace the Powpoint I already have and still operat...

VBA and Chart Legends (2003 and 2007)
I have this snippet of code to update the legends to the bottom of the chart For Each objCht In WS.ChartObjects With objCht.Chart .Legend.Position = xlLegendPositionBottom End With Next objCht If I record this in 2003 OR 2007, I get this ActiveChart.Legend.Select Selection.Position = xlBottom But if I type .Legend.Position in the original snippet, xlLegendPositionBottom is an option and xlBottom is not an option. In Office 2007, it appears to Gack on xlLegendPositionBottom and prefers xlBottom. Is this a bug, or am I missing somethin...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

Excel 2000 Chart question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C3F089.5C6737C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a chart that shows months on the x axis. I want to format the x = axis to apply different colors to different months. IE. Jan, Feb, March, = etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for any help. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C3F089.5C6737C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transiti...

replace a negative result with a zero?
I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is negative. Any help is greatly appreciated. -- Pam Well, what is the formula that you are using? You could try this: =3DMAX(your_formula,0) to replace your_formula. Hope this helps. Pete On Apr 19, 5:17=A0pm, Pam2277 <Pam2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have my formula entered but need it to return a zero if the result is > negative. =A0Any help is greatly appreciated. > -- > Pam Hi, =if(your formula<0,0,your formula) "Pam2277" wrote: > ...

Resizing chart because of refreshing Chart Data through a query
When I refresh data in a report, I always have to go back and adjust my graphs. For example, the data label will to be out of the chart area or I have to resize a pie chart for the new refresh. Is this just a short coming in the software? Do you know of any add-on product that would help with this problem? Thanks ...

Need help with a chart
Hello, I have a large worksheet with data. Here are the columns: Order # Employee Hrs. 1000 Mike 2 2000 Mike 1 1000 Paul 2 3000 Rose 3 8000 Mike 1 3000 Mike 2 1000 Rose 1 4000 Paul 1 7000 Jhon 3 5000 Rose 2 1000 Jhon 3 6000 Mike 1 9000 Mike 3 1000 Mike 2 I would like to put this data on a chart, but before I do that I need to summarize the data. This is what (I think) I need to do: 1. Sort by "Order #". 2. Once sorted, create a "conditional formatting" or a formula to the entire "Order #" column to se...

Chart columns
Hi, I am creating a series of charts. I remember someplace to change to shape of the column to round the corners. I can't seem to find at anymore, any help? I am using excel 2000. Thank you for any help you can give me. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:59:37 -0800, rmacneil@comcast.net = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am creating a series of charts. I remember someplace to > change to shape of the column to round the corners. I > can't seem to find at anymore, any help? I am using excel > 2000. Thank you for any help you can give me. I ...

Selective Replace in Search and Replace
I need to search and replace in a large document. I don't want to replace the entire search term/expression just part of it. In this case I am searching for a paragraph return followed by any letter (not digit) and then want to change that to paragraph/tab but keep the letter. The search looks like this ^p^$ but naturally if replace is ^p^t I lose the first letter of the text string which I don't want How can I construct either search and replace so that ^p Alexander turns into ^p ^tAlexander and not ^p ^tlexander Thanks in a...

poblem with chart of accounts
One of our consultants has designed a vey messy chart of accouts,and the client has been working on the system for about one year.now the client has requested to design consolidated financial statements. The Account Format : Division-Account Category-Account-sub Account. XX-XX-XXX-XX Example:Salaries 01-04-220-01 Employee compensation 01-04-220-02 Main Segment ID : Segment 1 as you can tell there is no single segment represents the Account No,i.e;there is no one segment can be the natural segm...

Replace wildcards with a space
I have a text field with all values containing an asterisk. The asterisk can be located anywhere within the contents. I am trying to replace the asterisk with a space. I will then use TRIM to remove any spaces at the beginning of the text. I have been unable to get an update query to work. When my criteria is like "~[*}", Access says that 0 rows will be updated. When the criteria is [*], I am asked to enter a parameter value. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks - bkh Barbara wrote: >I have a text field with all values containing an aste...

Change Color Font on E-mail Signature
I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. Even when I copy and past, it comes out black. Help Hi Ron, i dont know your version. But if you go on your signature under TOOLS|OPTIONS|MAILFORMAT|SIGNATURES|EDIT|FONTS you could create a red line! -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:00dc01c47a49$0f82ad00$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to select a line on E-mail signature to go red. > ...

Chart/Graph to show 3 pieces of information
(apologies - I think I'm having a bit of a mental block on this!) I have 3 columns of information that I want to be able to show in a chart; Column D - Product Name (we only have 6 dif products) Column E - Final Cost Column F - Opportunity close date I can't seem to get a graph which will show the information in a 'nice'/easy to read format. Help very gratefully received. ...

Replace more characters using replace
Hi I have number of characters in a string, that I like to replace with "nothing". I use a code like this: Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, " ", "") a = Replace(a, "&", "") a = Replace(a, "+", "") MsgBox a End Sub As I have about 15 characters, that all should be replaced with nothing, I am looking ofr another way to it. Something like Sub test() Dim a As String a = "Jan+& Per" a = Replace(a, {" ",...

color chart
Hi all this is line chart with sale in money on vertical and quarters 01/08, 02/08,03/08,04/08 and 01/09.forecast,02/09.forecast on horizontal How can I color the chart wherre forecast is different that quarter in the past? Do I need macro or just using formula. Thanks in advance Daniel Ku So are you trying to compare forecast to forecast or forcast to actuals? Do you want to do it for all quarters, or just the current quarter? If you data is by month why are you comparing by quarter? If Jan 08 to Mar 08 were 1, 2, 1 and Apr 08 to Jun 08 was 2, 1, 1 would you consider this the sa...

Stacked Chart Colours Disappear
I have a stacked bar chart. When I view it on my screen it is in color However when I do a print preview or I copy it as a picture it turn into a black and white chart. I can't figure out how to display to ge it to copy in color. I originally thought it had something to with th patterns I was using in my stacked bars, but after removing th patterns, I still have the same problem. What it is going on? R -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Replacing old Windows XP and Outlook Express with new Windows 7
How do I export the contents and settings out of Outlook Express and import the accounts, settings and emails into Windows Live Mail on another machine? For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to flash or CD. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. For Addresses: Open the Address Book in OE and File | Export | Address Book (wab) and save it to the Desktop. Copy to flash or CD. Place this on the...

Do you want to replace the contents of
When my macro runs, it stops after this procdure and asks "Do you want to replace the contents ofthe destination cells" is there something I can add that will automatically tell it yes? Here is the part of the macro that it stops on. Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("C1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _ TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _ Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _ :="/", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1)) Thanks H...

Dynamic charting #5
Hi I have some charts that update automatically. Recently I have changed the formula in the field that gets charted from =e45/f45*100 to one that reflects the percentage being as a target towards 100% accuracy so if the actual was 103% then 97% would be displayed. The charts have stopped automatically updating. Could you please help. Cheers Brian 1) has automatic recalc been sent to manual 2) are you sure that the new formula is returning a different value. The chart will not look different if it returns the same value as the prior function "brian.baker13@googlemail.com" wro...

Why create a chart in Excel?
What's the purpose of creating a chart in Excel from the data in my worksheet? What kind of question is that, are you reading from some sort of test or homework? If you contemplate to create a chart surely you must know why? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (Remove ^^ from email) "laney" <laney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27BF2A72-4BF3-478F-B00E-7AD509D3806A@microsoft.com... > What's the purpose of creating a chart in Excel from the data in my > worksheet? The purpo...