How to reduce file size to email without losing transitions?

I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound,
transitions or animations. Any suggestions?

"PMarko" <PMarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound,
> transitions or animations. Any suggestions?

Transitions and animations won't contribute much to the file size. Sound,
assuming it's an embedded WAV, can. (Other sound file types can't be
embedded, so those don't contribute to file size, either.)

Here's other stuff that can affect file size:

Why are my PowerPoint files so big? What can I do about it?
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00062.htm

Echo
1/6/2010 1:08:11 AM
On 1/5/10 8:08 PM, in article uxQ77ymjKHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, "Echo
S" <msnewsgroups@echosvoiceUGHSPAM.com> wrote:

> "PMarko" <PMarko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound,
>> transitions or animations. Any suggestions?
>
> Transitions and animations won't contribute much to the file size. Sound,
> assuming it's an embedded WAV, can. (Other sound file types can't be
> embedded, so those don't contribute to file size, either.)
>
> Here's other stuff that can affect file size:
>
> Why are my PowerPoint files so big? What can I do about it?
> http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00062.htm

What Echo said and...you might want to look at:

Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or
email a presentation
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00155.htm

This will tell you about not losing your sounds when you email the
presentation.

--David
--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

0
David
1/6/2010 1:47:36 AM
You can also use
http://www.transferbigfiles.com/Default.aspx

to send big files

"PMarko" <PMarko@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
F4C141EE-8ADA-42CB-A1F0-88178D52573C@microsoft.com...
>I have a 29Mb ppt file that I would like to email without losing my sound,
> transitions or animations. Any suggestions?

0
jpforestier

How do I find the time taken to respond to an email?
I want to be able to produce a report that shows the time taken to respond to emails. Is there an easy way to get this information from outlook. There's no built-in function for that. You'd have to program the solution yourself with VBA, or see www.slipstick.com, where you might find an Add-in for that. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> Am Wed, 7 Apr 2010 23:26:01 -0700 schrieb Veronica: > I want to...

reduce document print size
This seems like it should be an obvious answer, but I can't figure it out. I have a 24"x18" sign in Publisher, I want to reduce it to postcard size, or about 6"x4.5". I can't find any print driver setting to allow me to do this. There is a setting for 25% reduction but thats a function of the printer driver. Does publisher have a function to allow me to reduce the print size down to 12.5%? Hmmm.... I suppose I could output to jpg and reduce with photoshop.... surely there is a much easier answer though. Thanks! If there is text involved, the conversion...

How to insert a litlle jpg-file into Access 2003?
Hi. Is it possible to import small jpg-files to database? hanski Yes, you should be able to import it and then use an unbound object frame to put it in in your form or reports. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "hanski" wrote: > Hi. > > Is it possible to import small jpg-files to database? > > > hanski > . > On 11 joulu, 16:21, golfinray <golfin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes, you should be able to import it and then use an unbound object frame= to > put it in in your form or reports. ...

how can i import a file from microsoft publisher to Outlook
Can i have a Publisher file that i can open in Outlook. Dear Dahiana, You can send your publication as an e-mail if your default e-mail client is Microsoft Outlook� version 2002 http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/xp/columns/column16.asp -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share all your contacts, calendars or e-mails in a workgroup http://www.publicshareware.com "Dahiana" <Dahiana@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42A65592-605E-4AB8-9728-0DBE8025A181@microsoft.com... > Can i have a Publisher file ...

sending email through another program
I want to send an auto email through my database. Everything is done, but when I do the send, each time an email is sent I get a dialoge box asking if I want to send this email. I have to wait five seconds to respond. I have over 200 emails that I want sent. Does anyone know how to bypass this extremly annoying problem Thanks Marguerite ...

GLB Exchange resynchronization file
What is the file construction details ? The file content starts with "Hq", but what is its internal format ? i want to build a program that reads the content of the GLB files. thx. ...

How to run an executable file
This has to be easy. I want to run an .exe file from within my code, but search in VCE 2008 Help turns up nothing. A quick google turns up the Process.Start() way of doing it. Is this a good way? It should basically start the application, and then all links to the calling app should disappear, leaving two independently running. Thanks in advance! -- Wannabe Geek On 02-01-2010 16:06, wannabe geek wrote: > This has to be easy. I want to run an .exe file from within my code, but > search in VCE 2008 Help turns up nothing. A quick google turns up the > Process.Start()...

URLs in email Outlook 2002
When someone sends me a URL in a message I can no longer automatically access the webpage since I upgraded to Outlook 2002. In the past I was able to click on the URL and it would take me directly to the webpage. Now it takes me to a blank page. What can I do to change this? Thanks. M Parker ...

How to create a file in vista?
I used example code in vista but ruturn code is INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE How to create a file in vista? HANDLE hFile = CreateFile(_T("C:\\MyFile.DAT"), GENERIC_WRITE, FILE_SHARE_READ, NULL, CREATE_ALWAYS, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL); if (hFile == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) AfxMessageBox(_T("Couldn't create the file!")); else { // Attach a CFile object to the handle we have. CFile myFile(hFile); static const char sz[] = "Hockey is best!"; // write string, without null-terminator myFile.Write(sz, lstrlen(sz)); // We can call Close() explic...

Weird problem saving a file
Hey guys. This one is hard to explain. I have a file tha automatically pulls different numbers from financial statement that i in Excel format. It pulls the numbers and does about a hundre calculations for me automatically. it saves me a ton of time. download the financial statement every month and then use this file t analyze it. My problem is that I can't figure out how to do a "Save As" that keep the numbers for that one month without autopopulating the numbers nex month. As in, I can't save different months because they al autopopulate with the newest month FS....

Various Excel files into one file
Is there a way to make various Excel Spreadsheet be move to be access to only one Spreadsheet without copying and pasting each file into the that one spreadsheet? Jose Noriega - > Is there a way to make various Excel Spreadsheet be move to be access to > only one Spreadsheet without copying and pasting each file into the that > one spreadsheet? < Edit | Move Or Copy Sheet - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jose Noriega" <Jose Noriega@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

Can't Close File
I didn't write down the message at the time, but on several occasions I get the message "Can't Close File - File Is In Use". Then I click on Save again, and it saves it just fine. Then if I open and save it again immediately, I don't get the message. It's as though the original save command was issued before something else that's going on has completed. Yes, I've searched the KB, and found nothing. Regretably I can't remember whether it's always the same file, but I don't think so. It just happens occasionally, but it's unnerving when it...

DAO35 & MSAccess 97 file format
Hi I am trying to open an MS-Access 97 D/B file with DAO350.DLL, it is working fine, if i try to open a MS-Access[2000 file format] file , by calling OpenDatabase method from DAO350.dll, the program is throwing exception, Please can some one tell how to handle this? The MS-Access dtabase 2000 is supported by DAO360.dll & DAO350.dll -OpenDatabase method. Any idea why the exception for DAO350.DLL & 97 file format MS-Access database file ...

Find a Dir and File
I need to import a .txt delimited file using VBA in A2003. The file name will be different each import time except for the .txt extension, and the field structure will always be the same.. Like 040907.txt or 041007.txt I'm planning to use the TransferText method, along with an Import Specification file. The problem I can't figure out is how to code for the user to go out to the G: drive, find the specific filename, and capture the Path and Filename as a variable to pass on to my TransferText FileName argument. Would appreciate any help. Thankyou, John Hi John, The code here ...

Email the task description and not just a shortcut?
I am trying to integrate MSCRM 4.0 with our bug tracking software. The bug tracking software can automatically create an issue upon receiving an inbound email. We are using tasks within CRM to keep track of customer requests and bugs. Is it possible to create a workflow rule which would include the task subject as the email subject and the task description as the email body? On Apr 22, 12:27=A0pm, hannaver...@yahoo.com wrote: > I am trying to integrate MSCRM 4.0 with our bug tracking software. > The bug tracking software can automatically create an issue upon > receiving an inbound...

two backup files
I have two backup files that are not syncd - for example, one backup file has transactions from 2002 to 2004 and then another file has transactions from 2004 to current. I would like to consolidate these two files so that I have an entire chronilogical file from 2002 to current. Suggestions? That would be difficult, messy, and unlikely to produce satisfactory results. I don't advise it. For one thing, if you have investments, the one with transactions 2004 to current probably has investment transactions predating 2004. Those would be duplicates of the 02-04 file. Also, the beginn...

when opening an excel file, two files open
When I open up an Excel file from Explorer, two excel documents open up. One document is called "Book 1" and the other is the actual document that I intended to open. How do I prevent this from happening? Brian Same answer I posted Dec 9th. Did it not work for you? Brian To prevent Book1 from opening you can append /e to your shortcut for opening Excel. "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\EXCEL.EXE" /e Alternative to the above............ Go to Start>Settings>Folder>Options>File Types. Scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet. Then if running Win98...

Save & File
My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file (that is already set up by catagories I need) and it was saved there. Is there is a similar (i.e. quick) way to do it in Outlook? Thank you. You can use rules to copy messages after send. JMac wrote: > My company just switched from Lotus Notes to Outlook. In Notes I was able to > "Send and Save" in one keystroke, sending the message and choosing a file > (that is already set up by catagories I need...

IMF Appending to the Subject of email message
It seems as though IMF is appending the word [SPAM] to email messages deemed as spam. My Spam server doesn't do this and also emails messages being sent internally are being appended. Does IMF actually have this option or maybe is it something else causing this action? I really need to know how to disable if its IMF. Thanks IMF does not alter subject or content of messages - it simply stamps SCL (Spam Confidence Level) property that is than used to either drop the mail at the gateway or move it to either your Junk Mail or Inbox folders depending on your threshold settings. C...

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Paperport files
Anyone know of a program that can convert Paperport .max files to one of the more common formats, i.e., gif, png, bmp, wmf etc? Occasionally, I have the need to put a Paperport image into a Publication. I have the free Paperport viewer but it doesn't offer a way to "Save as..." to another format. Publisher 2000, Paint Shop Pro 9 and Infanview 4 don't seem to be able to make the conversion. -- Don Vancouver, USA Workaround... View the image in the .max viewer, then PrtScn, the open a new file in your image editor and Ctrl+V to paste it in there. The crop edit..and...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Intersting issue regarding msg files
I have a client using Outlook 2003. Scenario: 1. Client creates a message (default format is HTML) and saves it as a draft. 2. Client then drags and drops message from draft folder into a network location. File has .msg extension. 3. Another user then double clicks on the msg file, and makes some live changes to it and then clicks SEND 4. Message is sent but none of the changes were made. The client used to do this with Outlook Express and never had a problem. Now that they are using Outlook 2003 this problem has surfaced. Any ideas? TIA KIWI ...

Increasing the number of files as recent files
Hello When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned before? Thanks in advance. Hamed... Hi Hamed, You can go up to 9 entries in Excel 2000. Tools, Options, General, [x] recently used files list: -- 9 -- entries. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ... > When I op...

Unzip Files
How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? You have to download the pkzip app, or an equivalent eg winzip, from one of the shareware sites http://www.winzip.com/ eg David "Rita" <coolbird46@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:388519F6-8A1F-4661-952A-6BBDB9E78E5B@microsoft.com... > How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? ...