How To Add Filters To Add Ins List ???

I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS.  I have install the conversion to
read office 2007.

When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt   How
do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ???

Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power
point files???   I is very knowledgeable on VBA.

Thank You,

Gary

You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility
Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have those.
:-)

That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows XP doesn't show the PPTX
extensions when I choose File | Open. Try changing the file type in the File
| Open dialog to "all files." Otherwise, just double-click the PPTX file in
a window, and it should open okay. Mine does.

If yours doesn't open PPTX files, then I'd imagine you're missing one of the
critical Windows updates.

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS.  I have install the conversion
> read office 2007.
>
> When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt   How
> do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ???
>
> Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power
> point files???   I is very knowledgeable on VBA.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Gary

0
Echo
11/14/2009 2:32:02 PM
When I click the Add-ins, there are 6 selections that appears:  Add
Placeholder, Insert Slide, Best Fit Center, Maximize, Flip, and Close.

When I click on the "Insert Slide" menu, it only shows 2003 ppts.

How do I get it to show 2007 ppt ????    I didn't understand the use of the
File | Open in configuring this??   There is not File | Open unless you are
referring to the main power point slide that I open with the Add-In ???

Thank You

In article <85EB138F-5C81-418B-AACF-AAF40840FFE9@microsoft.com>, Gary wrote:
> I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS.  I have install the conversion to
> read office 2007.
>
> When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt   How
> do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ???

What add-in?

> Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power
> point files???   I is very knowledgeable on VBA.

Do you have the source code for the add-in?  If not, there may be nothing you
can do about it.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

0
Steve
11/14/2009 6:15:14 PM
Adding the compatibility pack doesn't turn PPT 2003 into 2007.

Also, I've no idea what add-in you're clicking. Let's start over. What
add-in exactly did you install?

> When I click the Add-ins, there are 6 selections that appears:  Add
> Placeholder, Insert Slide, Best Fit Center, Maximize, Flip, and Close.
>
> When I click on the "Insert Slide" menu, it only shows 2003 ppts.
>
> How do I get it to show 2007 ppt ????    I didn't understand the use of
> the
> File | Open in configuring this??   There is not File | Open unless you
> are
> referring to the main power point slide that I open with the Add-In ???
>

> Thank You
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility
>> Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have
>> those.
>> :-)
>>
>> That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows XP doesn't show the
>> PPTX
>> extensions when I choose File | Open. Try changing the file type in the
>> File
>> | Open dialog to "all files." Otherwise, just double-click the PPTX file
>> in
>> a window, and it should open okay. Mine does.
>>
>> If yours doesn't open PPTX files, then I'd imagine you're missing one of
>> the
>> critical Windows updates.
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>

>> "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS.  I have install the
>> >conversion
>> > read office 2007.
>> >
>> > When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt
>> > How
>> > do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ???
>> >
>> > Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007
>> > power
>> > point files???   I is very knowledgeable on VBA.
>> >
>> > Thank You,
>> >
>> > Gary
>>
>> .

0
Echo
11/14/2009 6:40:36 PM
I just found out more of what is happening:

The Add-Ins was developed in PowerPoint 2003.   The Add-In has 6 selections
and they are : Add Placeholder, Insert Slide, Best Fit Center, Maximize,
Flip, Clone.  The Add-Ins has a selection menu called Insert Slide.

When I click on the Add Paceholder, a placeholder appears on my new power
point slide.   I move the paceholder to the center and then click on the
Add-Ins "Insert Slide", and the list shows only 2003 ppt and it doesn't show
2007 pptx.   The filter on the Insert Slide only has "Power Point
Presentation".    I do see the pptx in the folder with the ppt too.    The
"Insert Slide" from the Add-In only shows the 2003 ppt and not the 2007 pptx.

Do I need to convert the Add-In from 2003 over to 2007 ???   I was running
this in 2007.

Thanks You !!!!!

Gary

"Echo S" wrote:

> Adding the compatibility pack doesn't turn PPT 2003 into 2007.
>
> Also, I've no idea what add-in you're clicking. Let's start over. What
> add-in exactly did you install?
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I click the Add-ins, there are 6 selections that appears:  Add
> > Placeholder, Insert Slide, Best Fit Center, Maximize, Flip, and Close.
> >
> > When I click on the "Insert Slide" menu, it only shows 2003 ppts.
> >
> > How do I get it to show 2007 ppt ????    I didn't understand the use of
> > the
> > File | Open in configuring this??   There is not File | Open unless you
> > are
> > referring to the main power point slide that I open with the Add-In ???
> >

> > Thank You
> >
> > "Echo S" wrote:
> >
> >> You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility
> >> Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have
> >> those.
> >> :-)
> >>
> >> That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows XP doesn't show the
> >> PPTX
> >> extensions when I choose File | Open. Try changing the file type in the
> >> File
> >> in
> >> a window, and it should open okay. Mine does.
> >>
> >> If yours doesn't open PPTX files, then I'd imagine you're missing one of
> >> the
> >> critical Windows updates.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> >> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
> >> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> >> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
> >>

> >> "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

I'm sorry, Gary, I'm completely confused. This is an add-in you created?

You say here you're running it in 2007, but in your first post, you said you
were running in PPT 2003.

Assuming this is an add-in that was developed for you or your company or
something, I'd ask the add-in developer to make the Inser Slide show both
PPT and PPTX.

>I just found out more of what is happening:
>
> The Add-Ins was developed in PowerPoint 2003.   The Add-In has 6
> selections
> and they are : Add Placeholder, Insert Slide, Best Fit Center, Maximize,
> Flip, Clone.  The Add-Ins has a selection menu called Insert Slide.
>
> When I click on the Add Paceholder, a placeholder appears on my new power
> point slide.   I move the paceholder to the center and then click on the
> Add-Ins "Insert Slide", and the list shows only 2003 ppt and it doesn't
> show
> 2007 pptx.   The filter on the Insert Slide only has "Power Point
> Presentation".    I do see the pptx in the folder with the ppt too.    The
> "Insert Slide" from the Add-In only shows the 2003 ppt and not the 2007
> pptx.
>
> Do I need to convert the Add-In from 2003 over to 2007 ???   I was running
> this in 2007.
>
> Thanks You !!!!!
>
> Gary
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> Adding the compatibility pack doesn't turn PPT 2003 into 2007.
>>
>> Also, I've no idea what add-in you're clicking. Let's start over. What
>> add-in exactly did you install?
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>

>> "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I click the Add-ins, there are 6 selections that appears:  Add
>> > Placeholder, Insert Slide, Best Fit Center, Maximize, Flip, and Close.
>> >
>> > When I click on the "Insert Slide" menu, it only shows 2003 ppts.
>> >
>> > How do I get it to show 2007 ppt ????    I didn't understand the use of
>> > the
>> > File | Open in configuring this??   There is not File | Open unless you
>> > are
>> > referring to the main power point slide that I open with the Add-In ???
>> >

>> > Thank You

>> .

0
Echo

All my Emails turned into Junk Mail but not on Junk Mail List. Is this a virus?
How do I remove a name from the Junk List if the name is not shown in the junk list but is noted as junk email in the field chooser Junk Mail column of inbound messages? Went to junk sender list and cant find the names, but these names automatically go to Delete folder, although I never placed them there. When i make a new rule, they still have the Junk Mail label attached. Very bizarre. Can anyone help????? ...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Print a list of my worksheets?
I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can print out a list of the worksheet names? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "DaveL" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > print out a list of the worksheet names? Frank Very many thanks. "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm > > "DaveL" wrote: > > > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Junk mail and Exception List
The Junk Mail List is deleting email that I would like to keep. I have read MS "junk email filters for outlook", so I have added the sender to my "exception" list but it still gets deleted. I think because the words "order today" show up in the email. does anyone know of a way to correct this? Thanks. ...

Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts
My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last names first, and contacts are filed accordingly. However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name, the contacts are listed with first names first. How can I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name first there, also? Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook address book - choose 'file as' and close. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see ht...

Format text to add character

AutoFilter list of values
When I activate the auto filter, a drop down lists the unique values within the column. How could I get this list of unique values? Hi RJH, As far as I know this can only be done with advanced filter. Select Data-Filter-Advanced Filter and check the Unique records only box. Cheers, JF. Another way to extract the list of unique values Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"",ROW()) Put in B1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),C:C,0))) Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last ro...

Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list
I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have exactly the same permissions and level. There...

Filter by Form & linked combos
Hi there: I have the following question: I have a country table (countryid, country_name) with values as: 0, "Mexico" 1, "USA" 2, "Canada" for example. I have a city table (cityid, countryid, city_name) too, with values as: 0, 0, "Guadalajara, MX" 1, 0, "Zacatecas, MX" 2, 1, "L.A. US" 3, 1, "Denver, US" 4, 2, "Toronto, CA" 4, 2, "Ottawa, CA" Then I linked this tables using the Relationships feature of access 2003. I created a form with two fields, country_name and city_name. The problem is: when I ...

Dynamic Lists #2
hi again, the code i used in name range is =OFFSET(SETUP!$C$197,0,0,COUNTA(SETUP!$C$197:$C$233)) as suggested i also tried =OFFSET(SETUP!$C$197,0,0,SUMPRODUCT(MAX((SETUP!$C$1:$C$233<>"")*(ROW(SETUP!$C$1:$C$233))))) it still shows all blank entries in the combo,i.e the name range i still from 197 to 233 not restricting itself to where the value end -- Nandh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nandhu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1586 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Validation (using a list)
Hi, Is it possible that as soon when you select a cell that has validation using a list, you see all the options? Txs in advance Michael Hi AFAIK not possible with the build-in functionality >-----Original Message----- > Hi, > >Is it possible that as soon when you select a cell that has validation using >a list, you see all the options? > >Txs in advance >Michael > > >. > You can't increase the list from its default length of eight items. You can scroll through the dropdown list, or use the keyboard (arrow keys, page up, page down) to navigate ...

Distribution List: Name not showing up
Hi, I have a number of contacts in my Contacts Folder, and want to create a special distribution list. When I create a new distribution list however, only some of my contacts show up, and I cannot select the ones I need. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Marian You must provide at least some clue. We can't read minds. Which Contacts don't show up? What version of Outlook? How are you creating the DL? What information store are you using? How many Contact Folders in your Profile? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Company not login drop-list
After using the GP8.0 utilities (twice) to create a new company, the company will NOT appear in any of the "Company" drop lists when logging in. I know there is some problem with XP and service packs but this is happening on our 2003 server. Also (assuming I get the above problem resolved) how can I copy a chart of accounts from one company to another? Any help is much appreciated. In article <62546DC0-A2BF-432B-9942-68225EF929F2@microsoft.com>, DavidHaber@discussions.microsoft.com says... > After using the GP8.0 utilities (twice) to create a new company, the compan...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Problem with subcscribe to distribution lists
Hi, I want to create a distribution list that users can send an email to with "subscribe" in the subject field to get added to the distribution list automaticly. Is this possible in Exchange 2003 and if it is, how to do it? If it is not possible in Exchange 2003 is there another way one can setup a distribution list like this? Thanks in advance, Onehouse "Onehouse" <Onehouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to create a distribution list that users can send an email to with >"subscribe" in the subject field to get added to the distrib...

add a DC in a LegSite

How do I compare two lists of names in excel?
I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. Is there any formula I can use in excel to highlight names that appear only in the larger of the 2 lists? Chip Pearson has information on finding and tagging duplicate entries in a list. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jack the Cate wrote: > I am comparing 2 lists of attendances to conferences, so there are large > numbers to go through, and 1 list will have more attendees than the other. > Is there any formul...

Data Validation List Names
I have Excel 2007 and am attempting to use the data validation tool. I have created several lists in a separate worksheet and named them (In the name box). My drop down and options have shown correctly. However, I now need to make a few changes to the lists. I added a few extra cells with data to one of the lists and would like these options included in the drop down field on the main spreadsheet. Can someone tell me how to re-name my 'source' (list or range of cells) so that the added cells are now being referenced as well and all options show in the drop down? ...

Creating a list over the Opportunity Products
Has anyone ever created a view or list over the Opportunity/Products including information from both the Opportunity and the Opportunity/Product files so you could easily pull detail level invormation into excel. Cant say I have but assuming you are on CRM 3.0 you should be able to do this using advanced find then be able to export using excel ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "lennywooters" <lennywooters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74351934-EB46-4097-B7BD-1FF83CD5D2BD@microsoft.com......