How do you curve text in power point?

I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes
for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape.   Any
suggestions?

You can highlight the text then, while it is highlighted, go to format and
click on the drop down menu called, Text Effects.  Once there, scroll down to
the transform option and you should see a few choices for curved text/arching
text.

"matelp" wrote:

> I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes
> for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape.   Any
> suggestions?

What's the difference between Synchronization and Recovery Point ?
What's the difference between Synchronization and Recovery Point ? Hi All, I have a Protection Group responsible for the protection of 02 agent-managed file servers. I saw some technet videos and they explained how DPM does the backup of data, but I'm not confortable with the concept of "Synchronization" and "Recovery Point". I prepared 02 pictures to better describe my doubts, both relate to the Short Tem Goal of a Protection Group called "Compartilhamento". This protection group performs the synchronization every 02 hours and has...

UDF to Convert formula results to text
Can a UDF be used to convert formula results from column A to text in column B? I know that I can manually cut and paste "special" to achieve this, but I want to avoid a manual step. Instead of a UDF use a macro. Change columns(2) to columns(1) to change the column withOUT the need for an additional column. Sub converttovalues() Columns(2).Value = Columns(1).Value End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don" <don87109@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%230kPQ8gDKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can a UD...

Enter same text in mulitple worksheets at the same time
I have a workbook that has 109 worksheets in it, now I need to have the same layout on each page is there a way to type it on wrksht 1 so that it will automactally enter the same text through out the rest of the wrkshts? Or is the old fashion way the only way out of this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200701/1 Select the first sheet (click sheet tab), hold down shift and click the last sheet tab to group the sheets, now enter the text, when done right click any sheet tab and select ungroup sheets Regards, Peo Sjoblom Newbee via ...

Separating left and right columns of text evenly
I'd like to use Publisher to re-do a menu. How do I keep the menu prices in an evenly spaced column to the right side of the text box? It would be similar to creating a table of contents, perhaps? -- Bill a table would probably be the easiest -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Retired Chief" <RetiredChief@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79B75A97-4ADD-48E9-A81D-DF527ECE922A@microsoft.com... | I'd like to use Publisher to re-do a menu. How do I keep the menu prices in | an evenly spaced column to the right side of th...

How do I create a text file list of the contents of a folder
How do I create a text file list of the contents of folders. I have a huge data file of cemetery plots and no way to print out the list. Which fields of the message do you wish to save in this text file? You can create a single line view with all the fields that you want in your text file. Then copy/past this list into Excel. It will be similar to this; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

Default font when changing from Plain text to HTML
In Outlook 2003: When I change a plain text mail to HTML, the font automatically becomes Times Roman 10 Point. How do I set the font I'd like it to change to Change your default Plain Text font in; Tools-> Options...-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Allan TFF" <AllanTFF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8D931E-...

Is it possible to Unicode only for menu text...
Hi i am working on application where i need menu text in Arabic. I have done it (VC++ 6)with the following method: I have added... Project-Settings-C++-Preprocessor definitions : _UNICODE & Project-Settings-Link-Category-OutPut : wWinMainCRTStartup Then i have write arabic text in menu enteries, it works fine. But in my application i an using lot of other data types like CString etc. These don't work if i not convert them in unicode. What i want to ask "is there is any way to unicode only the menu resouce not whole the application". Means i don't want t...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

Line up text
I have a column, Members, where sometimes there can be multiple names. I pull a query and then run a report. However, the data entered is all on one line but I want the report to have it appear as a list. For example, the data in the table appears as Jane Doe - Spring 07 and John Doe - Spring 08. How do I get it to appear as follows in my report: Jane Doe - Spring 07 John Doe - Spring 08 My Access skills are basic so the more detailed the better. Thank you in advance. If all have a dash where you want to align on then you can use a calculation. Field_Title: Left(Left([YourField], Inst...

Paste Special as Text
I have a small program that drops text from a Word table into Excel using Paste Special as Text. Although Paste Special as Text should insert the contents of the clipboard as text without any formatting this does not appear to be happening as it did with Excel 2000 . Excel 2003 splits the data when it meets a New Line or Carriage Return and drops anything after it down to row below. Any ideas what is causing this behaviour Thanks for your assistance Phil ...

putting text into pictures once in outlook
Hi I frequently want to send photos from outlook. Is thee an easy way of insertng text into pictures, tried text box, but it will not work. thanks tim "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:4241e306@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi I frequently want to send photos from outlook. Is thee an easy way of > insertng text into pictures, tried text box, but it will not work. thanks > tim > Try a good image editing program. Outlook isn't one of those. ...

How does 'save as text' work?
What is the difference between save, save as, save as text? When I 'save', or 'save as' I get a PDF file icon, when I 'save as text' I get a 'notepad' icon. I can access the PDF file but there's nothing in the 'notepad' icon to access. Where are you seeing these options? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ruben" <Ruben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6434BFFE-D523-4E3A-ADB9-53249E77667A@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between save, save as, save as text? > When I 'save'...

break a text string and export to cell range
Hi All, I am creating a pricing list and from a few hundred possible optio select only a small percentage. Those options are CONCATENATED into cell and seperated by a delimiter (#). Simply cell A1= option a#option c#option q#option r# I need to break this list up so I can see clearly the selecte options. How can I break this apart at the delimiter and place output in cells Something like: c1= option a c2= option c c3= option q c4= option r If there is a better way to go about this Im open to suggestions. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'd use the text to ...

Text field size
I want to import data into a new table in Access 2007. Under Access Options, then Object designers--I put 50 in as the Default text size. But anytime I import data and it is a text field it will automaticlt make it 255 no matter what i do. I am trying to limit the size of the Database since most of my data would never exceed 50. Thanks -- Tom The good news is that Access doesn't waste space in text field. Even if the field is sized to 255 characters, if you put 50 characters in it, that's all it uses. About the only downside to having it set at 255 is that a fo...

x-axis text wraping
I'm working with data in a column chart that expands over 36 periods.=20 Rather than have the x-axis list 1 thru 36 I want x-axis to display = text.=20 I already know how to get the text there and to adjust the x-axis=20 orientation, etc. However, the graph automatically wraps the text once=20 it gets so long.=20 I don't want the text to wrap. Is there anyway to have the chart not=20 wrap the text? Besides decreasing the font of the x-axis. Brett wrote: > I'm working with data in a column chart that expands over 36 periods. > Rather than have the x-axis list 1 thru 36 I wa...

Convert Excel to comma delimited text
I have a comma delimited text file with a .txt extension. I converte it into excel to make some changes to the file and am having problem converting it back to comma delimited with .txt extention. When I'm i excel and "save as" the only comma delimited option I see is .csv. I it possible to save comma delimited with .txt extention? Any guidanc is greatly appreciated -- deac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Extracting Partial Text from Field
A couple of weeks ago, I posted to this group for help extracting the To and By data from this field into two separate fields I could query and report on cs - Assigned Issue To: MARILYN MONROE Assigned by: JOHN KENNEDY I was given this and it worked GREAT: To: Mid([action_description],InStr([action_description],"Assigned Issue To:")+25,(InStrRev([action_description],"Assigned by:")-1)-(InStr([action_description],"Assigned Issue To:")+19)) I now have an Assigned To field that contains MARILYN MONROE and an Assigned By that contains ROBERT KENNEDY. The prob...

docmd.runsql only works when text is present
I have the following code: txtSQL = "SELECT mytbl.myA, mytbl.myB FROM mytbl where myA = " & strText For some reason in vba, my query works when the strText has text present (4567E), and doesn't when it is just a number(45643). What am I doing wrong? It is driving me batty. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 ...

text disapearing in a text box
I put a text box on a chart. After typing it in (it was a long text) I saved the chart I could still see all the text. After I saved it, I created a PDF. It was still fine. After I closed excel. The next time I opened the chart part of the text was gone. I tried to resize the text box, but part of the text was still gone. When I oringinally save the chart I didn't get an error message about the size and the pdf after the save showed all of the text. Thanks ...

Text boxes
When I open a new text box it always has 2 columns in it. How can I change it to just open with 1 box with no columns Thelma darling, what oh what version of Publisher are you using??? -- I am using Publisher 2000 Thelma wrote: > I am using Publisher 2000 What about them?! Was there supposed to be a question in there somewhere?! Sarah, Did you bother to read the thread? Of course not - it shows! May 2004 bring you a tinge of humanity and caring, as well as tolerance and intelligence. You're seriously lacking in all four areas. Merry Christmas, Mike Epona wrote: > Th...

Removing shadow from text under icons
My question is related to Windows 7. I post here as I don't see any more specific newsgroup... I configured the desktop theme as Windows Classic with a white solid background. I see the text under the desktop icons as white shadowed. How can I configure the text under icons to be simply black, wihtout any shadow? I see the same problem even using other desktop background solid colors... What setting should I change? Regards Marius On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 19:44:07 +0100, "Marius - Roma" <mr@nospam.local> wrote: > My question is related to Windows 7. I...

Is there a way to hide text in a cell?
I'm trying to format a spreadsheet where some information (passwords) should only be viewed by certain people.... not for the general viewer. Is there a way to hide text in a cell? I have done it in the past but I can't seem to figure this out now. IT For a very casual and inexperienced user you may get away with something like this, but anything you do can be easily un-done by just about anyone who could access these news groups. You could format the text to white so's it wouldn't show in the cell. You can go to Format>Cell>Protection and check "hidden"...

How to keep fonty style to write in a text with different style?
Hello everyone, I have started giving lessons. I need to add my corrections to the text my pupil send me by e-mail. Right now I have to change the font style each and every time I have to write something in the middle of her text. As it´s a correction, I type in red bold letters while the original text is in normal black font. Is there any option I can use so that I don´t have to change the font every time? Any option that sets the type font independently of the style of the original text? Thank you. Hi Cristina, Word has a Track Changes feature that change ...

entering text on merged cells
Can anyone help me with this question? I want to enter text on merged cells. The wrap text box is checked. When I enter the text it looks ok and like it should fit within the merged cells but when I go out of the merged cells it displays: ###############################. Thanks Try formatting the cell as General (instead of Text). David Pincus wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this question? I want to enter > text on merged cells. The wrap text box is checked. > When I enter the text it looks ok and like it should fit > within the merged cells but when I go out of ...

text change
I'll try this again as I accidentally hit the enter key after typing the subject. In a spreadsheet I have all of my staff listed by their abbreviated names used to identify them on our server. I want to be able to convert there abbreviated names like "gcarls" to "Carlson, Glen". I think one of the If formualtions will work but I'm having difficulty. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? -- John See this: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...