How do I get an action button on power point slide to play a DVD?

I need to play a DVD leadership video in the middle of a power point
presentation. I would like to learn how to place an action button on the 7th
slide so it will play the DVD and I don't have to exit the presentation. Can
anyone help?  Thanks

Hi,

The first thing to do is to create a shape(for instance, a square). Click on
the " Links" Tab and click on "Actions." An " Actions Settings" window should
appear. Click on " Hyperlink to" and select " to file." Once there select the
file you want to play after you press the button.

Let me know how it goes,

Vicente Tulliano.
--
Vicente Tulliano

=?Utf-8?B?QmVmdWRkbGVk?= <Befuddled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> I need to play a DVD leadership video in the middle of a power point
> presentation. I would like to learn how to place an action button on
> the 7th slide so it will play the DVD and I don't have to exit the
> presentation. Can anyone help?  Thanks

This might not work, because the address of the DVD device will be
different on different computers.

But you don't need to "exit" the presentation. Just Alt+Tab to your DVD /
video player application, which you have - to minimize startup delay -
already ready, set to pause at the exactly right spot.
0
Matti
3/11/2010 8:04:25 PM
Thank you so much!!!  Five different people tried to make this work and
couldn't.  I wasn't reading your comments correctly and just went to
"actions" instead of "action links" at the bottom of the screen. After I put
in the hyperlink and select, it went right to the power point slide. You have
no idea how much time this will save me.  Thank you again!!

"vttotal" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The first thing to do is to create a shape(for instance, a square). Click on
> the " Links" Tab and click on "Actions." An " Actions Settings" window should
> appear. Click on " Hyperlink to" and select " to file." Once there select the
> file you want to play after you press the button.
>
> Let me know how it goes,
>
> Vicente Tulliano.
> --
> Vicente Tulliano
>

> "Befuddled" wrote:
>
> > I need to play a DVD leadership video in the middle of a power point
> > presentation. I would like to learn how to place an action button on the 7th
> > slide so it will play the DVD and I don't have to exit the presentation. Can
> > anyone help?  Thanks
I tried this also and for some reason 4 different slides came up, it was less
cumbersome than minimizing power point, maximizing video, play video, etc.,
but the earlier response about the actions links is perfect.  Thanks so much
for helping.  I appreciate it.

"Matti Vuori" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?QmVmdWRkbGVk?= <Befuddled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > I need to play a DVD leadership video in the middle of a power point
> > presentation. I would like to learn how to place an action button on
> > the 7th slide so it will play the DVD and I don't have to exit the
> > presentation. Can anyone help?  Thanks
>
> This might not work, because the address of the DVD device will be
> different on different computers.
>
> But you don't need to "exit" the presentation. Just Alt+Tab to your DVD /
> video player application, which you have - to minimize startup delay -
> already ready, set to pause at the exactly right spot.
> .

Just FYI, the reason 4 different "slides" came up when you used Alt+Tab is
because you had 4 things opened. Windows is showing you a preview of each
place you can move to. If you only had PPT and the DVD running, you should
only see 2 previews then.

"Befuddled" <Befuddled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I tried this also and for some reason 4 different slides came up, it was
> less
> cumbersome than minimizing power point, maximizing video, play video,
> etc.,
> but the earlier response about the actions links is perfect.  Thanks so
> much
> for helping.  I appreciate it.
>
> "Matti Vuori" wrote:
>
>> =?Utf-8?B?QmVmdWRkbGVk?= <Befuddled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > I need to play a DVD leadership video in the middle of a power point
>> > presentation. I would like to learn how to place an action button on
>> > the 7th slide so it will play the DVD and I don't have to exit the
>> > presentation. Can anyone help?  Thanks
>>
>> This might not work, because the address of the DVD device will be
>> different on different computers.
>>
>> But you don't need to "exit" the presentation. Just Alt+Tab to your DVD /
>> video player application, which you have - to minimize startup delay -
>> already ready, set to pause at the exactly right spot.
>> .

0
Echo

Disable MS Office Button & Navigation Pane
Is it possible to remove the 'New', 'Open' and 'Save As','Close Database' and 'Access Options' options from the MS Office Button? I created a custom Ribbon that strips everything out, but would like to get these options out of the hands of the users. Also, is it possible to hide the Navigation Bar as well? My app very thoroughly handles user navigation, not to mention that I don't want the users to have access to any of these options at all. ...

A Crystal Beginner

A2007 Mix/Max buttons missing
When I try to design a new form in A2007 it is always maximized and the Min/Max buttons do not show despite the appropriate property settings. Furthermore I cannot change the value of the Moveable property, it is locked to No. However forms designed under A2003 and brought forward behave as expected. (The exception is that the Moveable property is set to Yes for Modal, Pop-up forms but the Min/Max buttons still do not show.) Another symptom is the the Windows category does not show on the Ribbon. I've searched the KB to no avail. Any thoughts? I run A2007 SP1 under Windows Vist...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

Is there a way to display Power Point on a web page
Is there a way to display or insert a link to a Power Point presentation on my web pages? I'm using FrontPage 2000. Wrong newsgroup -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "useless" <useless@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D061B89-8C43-421A-A4BB-946142E136FC@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to display or insert a link to a Power Point presentation > on > my web pages? I'm using FrontPage 2000. Seems a link to the PowerPoint file would do it. But the visitor would need PowerPoint Viewer on their computer. -- Don Vancouver ...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

Excel Data List Gets "Stuck" -- Help
This has now happened for the second time. I have a "data list" that is around 1800 rows in size. Somcetimes, after I've filtered the data to show just a small number of rows, it gets "stuck." I I am no longer able to expand the list to show all the rows. I've gone in to all the columns and chosen "All" for all the columns and it still does not work. I know I can highight the entire list and tell it to remove the list and recreate the list, but that's a pain, and I lose some formatting. Can anyone help me? -- slobizman -----------------------...

how do you get umlauts?
I've changed the language to German but how do I get umlauts helen <helen@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've changed the language to German but how do I get umlauts a) Change your keyboard layout to German in Regional Settings. The umlauted letters are then where ', ;, and [ are on a standard UK keyboard (uncertain about USA) (� is where - is) or b) Use Insert > Symbol or c) Memorise the character codes. To get � for example, hold down Alt and tap 0252 on your numeric keypad, then release Alt. 0223 is �, 0246 is �, and 0228 is ...

Get this error trying to get @live.com mail to sync with Windows M
[error messge] Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 You enabled an option that your mail server does not support. In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers, then uncheck "Log on using Secure Password Authentication". -- Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "JbarJensen" <JbarJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...