How do I close modal dialog in Power Point 2007 or 2003?

Hello Experts,

I have very similar question with the following one.
"Subject: Help: opening password protected powerpoint without user
interaction"
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?query=skip+password&dg=&cat=en-us-office-powerpoint&lang=en&cr=US&pt=b157e6f3-5af9-48cb-a153-895c1aa220f8&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us

As John answered in the threads, I tried to resolve it with using timer and
sendkeys. But I cannot resolve it perfectly. It sometimes failed because of
the dialog seems not always be active (foreground). I used SetForeground and
SetWindowPos to make PowerPoint window move Foreground and TOPMOST. But
sendkeys doesnot always send the password dialog.
I also skip the IRM protected dialog. So I'd like to use same way for both
IRM related dialog and Password dialog. And my application will run not only
on English UI version of PPPT but also Japanese UI version.
Is there any way to close those modal dialog that opened by PowerPoint in
the code?

My environment:
Development env: VS2008 C# with Office PIA (Office2007/2003)
Run env: Office2007/2003 on Vista / Win7
My program overview:
Console application. Launch PPT, open a ppt file, run slideshow, close the
file and Quit PPT. If file is protected, I'd like to skip them.
If there is no way to close the dialog, I'd like to quit/Kill PPT even when
the modal dialog is opened.

Please do help me with any possible ideas, in this regard.
Hopefully I could tell you my intention correctly with my poor English.
Thanks in advance,
Asian

You can perhaps use the NoPassword utility from
http://officeone.mvps.org/nopassword/ - it suppresses the password dialog
box when password-protected presentations are opened. Effectively, you
cannot open password-protected presentations when this utility is running.

- Chirag

  PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
  http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

"Asian" <Asian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Experts,
>
> I have very similar question with the following one.
> "Subject: Help: opening password protected powerpoint without user
> interaction"
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?query=skip+password&dg=&cat=en-us-office-powerpoint&lang=en&cr=US&pt=b157e6f3-5af9-48cb-a153-895c1aa220f8&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
>
> As John answered in the threads, I tried to resolve it with using timer
> and
> sendkeys. But I cannot resolve it perfectly. It sometimes failed because
> of
> the dialog seems not always be active (foreground). I used SetForeground
> and
> SetWindowPos to make PowerPoint window move Foreground and TOPMOST. But
> sendkeys doesnot always send the password dialog.
> I also skip the IRM protected dialog. So I'd like to use same way for both
> IRM related dialog and Password dialog. And my application will run not
> only
> on English UI version of PPPT but also Japanese UI version.
> Is there any way to close those modal dialog that opened by PowerPoint in
> the code?
>
> My environment:
> Development env: VS2008 C# with Office PIA (Office2007/2003)
> Run env: Office2007/2003 on Vista / Win7
> My program overview:
> Console application. Launch PPT, open a ppt file, run slideshow, close the
> file and Quit PPT. If file is protected, I'd like to skip them.
> If there is no way to close the dialog, I'd like to quit/Kill PPT even
> when
> the modal dialog is opened.
>
> Please do help me with any possible ideas, in this regard.
> Hopefully I could tell you my intention correctly with my poor English.
> Thanks in advance,
> Asian

0
Chirag
4/22/2010 5:33:29 AM
Sorry for late reply since I was on long vacation. Thanks a lot for your
answer. I got it.

"Chirag" wrote:

> You can perhaps use the NoPassword utility from
> http://officeone.mvps.org/nopassword/ - it suppresses the password dialog
> box when password-protected presentations are opened. Effectively, you
> cannot open password-protected presentations when this utility is running.
>
> - Chirag
>
>   PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
>   http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html
>
> "Asian" <Asian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Experts,
> >
> > I have very similar question with the following one.
> > "Subject: Help: opening password protected powerpoint without user
> > interaction"
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?query=skip+password&dg=&cat=en-us-office-powerpoint&lang=en&cr=US&pt=b157e6f3-5af9-48cb-a153-895c1aa220f8&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us
> >
> > As John answered in the threads, I tried to resolve it with using timer
> > and
> > sendkeys. But I cannot resolve it perfectly. It sometimes failed because
> > of
> > the dialog seems not always be active (foreground). I used SetForeground
> > and
> > SetWindowPos to make PowerPoint window move Foreground and TOPMOST. But
> > sendkeys doesnot always send the password dialog.
> > I also skip the IRM protected dialog. So I'd like to use same way for both
> > IRM related dialog and Password dialog. And my application will run not
> > only
> > on English UI version of PPPT but also Japanese UI version.
> > Is there any way to close those modal dialog that opened by PowerPoint in
> > the code?
> >
> > My environment:
> > Development env: VS2008 C# with Office PIA (Office2007/2003)
> > Run env: Office2007/2003 on Vista / Win7
> > My program overview:
> > Console application. Launch PPT, open a ppt file, run slideshow, close the
> > file and Quit PPT. If file is protected, I'd like to skip them.
> > If there is no way to close the dialog, I'd like to quit/Kill PPT even
> > when
> > the modal dialog is opened.
> >
> > Please do help me with any possible ideas, in this regard.
> > Hopefully I could tell you my intention correctly with my poor English.
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Asian
>
> .

ThisWorkbook.Close question
Please take a look at the code below: Public Sub DumbFoo ( ) ThisWorkbook.Close() Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = -1 ThisWorkbook.Save() End Sub Is it safe to assume that the code below the "ThisWorkbook.Close()" line will NOT be executed??? My question is basically: Does all VBA code stop executing once a .Close() function is called??? Thank you! I don't believe the code would execute at all because of the parentheses after Close. It would throw an error an tell you that something is missing, or type mismatch. But, if you did...

Aventail client kills Outlook 2003
It seems that whenever I install and configure the Aventail Connect client (any version), a VPN software client, my Outlook no longer sees my Exchange server either on the LAN or WAN. This is with either RPC or TCP/IP configured. Not sure if anyone has seen this or what I should do to begin troubleshooting this. There is no documentation on the web, as of yet. Please help if you can! Thanks! Have you checked with your Network Admin or the provider of the VPN software? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching go...

Money 2007 Question about tracking savings...
I am currently using MS Msney 2007 on a XP system SP2. My wife and I need to track money that we deposit into our savings account that will be spent for different things. We put in $150 every week but this needs to be split to different future bills (property tax, house insurance, christmas presents for the family, etc.) as well as savings goals like a new car. I have tried using the savings goal in money and have not gotten very far. Maybe I need to play around with it some more. I'm hoping that there is someone here who will be able to help me with. It is hard to look at our saving...

Cannot attach Office 2007 files
When trying to attach Office 2007 file types we get error. Pdf, xls, doc etc... attach just fine, but when trying to attach xlsx or docx files we will get error. Is it possible to change settings so we can attach those too. Or is there an update that fixes this problem. check the Update Rollup 2 ...

How to Enable Close(cross) button of MB_YESNO messagebox
Hi, I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO message box. Can anybody tell me how to do this. Klic. "Klic" <rohit.turambekar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1186120969.045121.287770@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > I want to enable the close(cross) button in the right corner of YESNO > message box. > Can anybody tell me how to do this. Why? If there is a valid answer other than yes or no, then how about a yes/no/cancel message box in which (I would guess) the x button is equivalent to cancel. That would be more standard. Da...

Outlook 2003 crash, while browsing messages with reading pane
Hi! My outlook 2003 crash while browsing messages with reading pane. I have updated to recent Microsoft updates, but the issue is still there. It is very easy to recreate as in, I just have to open outlook and click on messages randomly and after 10-15 clicks, outlook just crashes. Please let me know if you need more details to help me out. Thanks, astute learner Do you get an error message? did you try resetting the view? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/resetview.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Clip Art error code on Office 2007
The MS fix page referenced for Clip Art error code 0x800c0008 is for Office 2003 or older. It doesn't work for Office 2007. What to do? THX The Clip Organizer hasn't changed since 2002. (Office XP). If your firewall is configured correctly try putting the Office site in your trusted area. In Internet Explorer, Tools, Security tab, click Trusted Sites, click Sites button, uncheck Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone. Type http://office.microsoft.com in the address bar, click add. Can you accept the ActiveX control? Is it enabled in the Manage A...

Outlook closes and closes
Hi I have a strange bug. Windows XP Sp2 and outlook from office 20003 with all service packs applied. When I start outlook from windows out of standby postion, outlook immediately after the splash screen closes without reporting any errors in the eventlog or in any other log. If I start outlook the 10th time (or so) it stabilizes and does not close anymore and everything works again. info: My machine is fully patched and I am well known with keeping things healthy. Outlook.exe Version: 11.0.6353.0 Any ideas what to do? Thanks... try the detect and repair in the help menu. >----...

Excel 2003 - VBA
I am driving a sheet with macros and sometimes cells are manipulated using offset. This can get very convoluted and doesn't always work for me. The current issue is as follows: I would like to select a cell, then use the information in that cell and others in the same row. Once I have completed cell data manipulation, I would like to select the first 25 cells in that row and change the background color to indicate that this is new data. In VBA, how do I select a range when I do not know the row, I just work off activecell and offset. Thanks, Craig If you are working off the active...

Modeless Dialog
I have a modeless dialog created in MFC. The dialog will be performing intensive processing for a period of time and updating progressbar controls within itself. When I launch the modeless dialog, its starts its processing but never updates the display or handles window events (e.g. moving the dialog). My guess is the dialog cannot handle window events if it is crunching away in a loop. What is the best means to accomplish this scenario? I'm trying to avoid threading, but should I use a worker thread? Do modeless dialogs have a seperate thread for messaging and processing already impl...

closing
What's the best way to close for the day? Making a backup is a given, but what about the computer? Is it better to shut everything off every day, or is it less wear and tear on the computer to leave it on all the time? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Craig That's a matter of preference really. Personally I always turn off my rigs at home when I'm done with them. At the store we leave most of ours on 24/7. We've done it for years with no issues. Our register must be left on as it does automatic backups to a tape drive every night. I'd set your monitors ...

Excel 2003 charts will not auto update to new data. Ideas?
When I input new data in a cell it over top of data that is already in within the cell range of my chart, the new number will not show within the chart. The chart simply does not update unless I close the file and then open again. As a side note I'd like to mention: 1) The data that I change is already withing the cell range of the chart. 2) The data is withing the same work book. This is not a matter of linking books. Any ideas? ...

Help
When creating or fowarding an e-mail message using outlook 2000, scrolling through my "recipients" list (contacts) causes the program to close unexpectedly. So, I click "new", click "to", switch to my "contacts" list, and as I scroll through the names, the program just closes. Is there a possibility that one of my contact records is corrupt? I have opened all of my contacts and saved them without an error. This problem developed shortly after the install of Office 2000's calender update, and basic security update. I have since fully u...

Workflow Rule -> Closing Activity
I set up a Manual Workflow Rule for Contacts to close out Holiday Season cards sent. The rule uses a condition to check for Contacts with cards sent and then Creates an Activity to add to each of the appropriate Contacts for future reference. What else do I need to do to close out all of activites rather than 1 at a time? Here is the workflow rule if that helps: if Contact.holidaycardlist = 1 then Letter: Send Holiday Card endif -- Dan W Systems Engineer Denver, CO ...

MAPI failure with Outlook\Exchange 2003 (MAPI_E_NOT_ME)
Please note the two below Outlook logs. The first indicates proper MAPI operation and the second shows the problem we are having at one specific account. Hoping that someone can offer advice about alleviating failure. Is it possible for Exchange side to be setup to deny MAPI requests? 2006.02.10 09:02:44 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: Synch operation started (flags = 00000001) 2006.02.10 09:02:44 WPA Fax Administrator: UploadItems: 1 messages to send 2006.02.10 09:02:44 EXECUTING Put MAPI TASK 2006.02.10 09:02:...

Auto-close Quotes when Closing Opportunity
We would like the ability to close an opportunity and have it ask if you want to close all the associated quotes. Right now, it says you can’t close the opp until you close all the open quotes and you have to each one of those one by one. Barring that, if we could select multiple quotes and click on a menu item (Close all selected quotes), that would be most useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

custom views dialog box
Hi. What exactly is the point of the custom views dialog box (found under view menu). When I access it, there is nothing listed under 'view'. Is this supposed to be a list of all the worksheets? This is where you add your views (using the Add button). A view contains your current setup of hidden/unhidden rows/columns, filter settings, ... Once added and they are on the list for you to recall at a click. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Wessel" <Wessel@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:1B25C374-CC16-411D-9D50-7FA4CC6CE15D@microsoft.com... > Hi. What exact...

Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000
Has anyone installed Outlook 2003 using Exchange 2000 server. If you have what has been your experience. I have enjoyed every moment of it. It tips me off to any network problem when it loses a connection, and I really enjoy the cached mailbox feature for those working on a laptop remotely. I can't wait to utilize its full potential when we upgrade to EX2K3 in the future. No open holes in the firewall when you can run RPC-over-HTTP. Robert "Hnerietta Bell" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13d4601c3f7e9$80cc0200$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Ha...

Data file not closed properly #3
I saw several post regarding this, but none had any answers, so I starting a new post. There is also nothing in the KB about this. Since othe people are having the same problem Microsoft should take a look at it. I get the message "The data file 'Personal Folders" was not closed properly" every time I close Outlook 2003. It runs a quick check/fix and starts up fine. I am running XP pro w/ SP-2. Outlook 2003 w/ SP-1 All patches and updates are current. My notebook was just rebuilt for so I could get a clean slate for the office 2003 install, (reformat drive and new ins...

IMap and Outlook 2003 #4
I'm running Outlook 2003 under Windows XP XP3. I have several accounts, including two IMAP accounts. This thing is just plain not working. I mean its not working so bad that something has to be broken. On startup, the hour glass never goes away, even after a few hours. I get assorted weird messages like "reestablishing hierarchy" that, again hang around for hours. I've wiped out the profile and restarted a few times, and I am getting the impression that the program has a problem with IMAP, and a big problem with two IMAP accounts. Now I'm getting pretty desperate....

Why do I have 2 "Sent Items" files in Outlook 2003?
This header is as close as I can come to my problem. I have 2 "sent Items" files in Outlook 2003. One contains material from 5-May-09 to 22-Dec-09. It is stored under the Inbox. The second has material from 5-May-09 to 13-Nov-09 and is in a folder of its own at the bottom of the list. Issues: Why does this occur? Does it have something to do with backup? How do I recombine them without creating duplicates (I don't have Access)? How do I prevent it from happening again? Thank you for your help and Seasons Greetings ...

double-click to new form in Access 2003
An application (which I am not familiar with) was written in Access 2002. There is a form with a subform where double-clicking on a row is supposed to go to another form using the information from the selected row in the subform. The user's Access has been upgraded to Access 2003 and double-clicking now brings him to an empty form rather than the next form according to the fields of the selected row. I have Access 2002. However on my computer, double-clicking doesn't do anything. The Action on On Dbl Clk on the fields in the Details section of the subform of the main form is OpenF...

Outlook2003 open and closed immediatly
I checked event log, nothing. And this happened when I just reboot my machine and first time tried to open Outlook, still same problem. But I found, when I double click anywhere in the Outlook Windows even it only gave me 0.5 second, then it won't close. Andy -------------------------------------------------------------- >>Look in task manager - processes, and see if multiple >>instances are running. If so, end all of them and try >>starting again. I had similar problem w/user, posted >>above. >>>>>-----Original Message----- >>>>>My O...

Tooltips for a toolbar in a dialog box
I have placed a toolbar in a dialog box. How do I get tooltips to appear? Use the style: CBRS_TOOLTIPS when you create the toolbar. Tom "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23qb604yIEHA.1944@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have placed a toolbar in a dialog box. How do I get tooltips to appear? > > ...

Plotting data points on 2 axis
I have a table in excel Col A: name of stores Col B: % scores on Parameter A Col C: % scores on Parameter B I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis. The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants. While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four quadrants of the chart. How can i plot such a chart. Plz help. Regards Nikhil Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and B). Format each axis scale so the other axis crosse...