hidden formatting symbols

In Word I'm able to see paragraph marks and other hidden formatting symbols.
Can this be done in powerpoint 2007?  I've searched and haven't found it.

Seeing the hidden symbols would help when editing a slide within a text box
Thanks
--
Dave

Yep would be useful but you can't do it AFAIK.

"Dave R" <DaveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Word I'm able to see paragraph marks and other hidden formatting
> symbols.
> Can this be done in powerpoint 2007?  I've searched and haven't found it.
>
> Seeing the hidden symbols would help when editing a slide within a text
> box
> Thanks
> --
> Dave

> signature database 4807 (20100126) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4807 (20100126) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
John

How to auto format Area Chart Data Label?
Hello, I have an area chart with several labels data point, where the row is the type 939, 949, 969, 999 and Extra, column are date 01/09, 02/09.... and the data value in number of hours. Date Type 01/09 02/09 03/09 939 12.5 60.5 52.0 949 25.5 12.5 12.0 969 979 56.5 60.5 52.0 999 Extra 5.0 2.3 1.1 Depend on the machine number selected, it might have all type 939,etc.. then sometime just return 939 and 999 only. How do I auto f...

How to create a hidden message in a folder
Hi there, the application that I am working with requires a hidden message (of any class) to be inside a folder (corporate archive) on the root of the mailbox so that it can identify the specific folder and then archive its contents. I understand that I need to create this hidden message in the Associated Contents Table but i dont know how. Can someone please point me the correct way? is it done on the outlook client? on the exchange server? I appreciate any help Regards Davide You cannot create a hidden message manually. You must use code. Perhaps = the easiest method is to use CDO 1...

hidden sheets
Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, and still have the workbook calculate formulas based off of the hidden worksheets. The reason i ask is i have alot of information within the spreadsheet that i do not really need at this time, and i would like to hide it so that it makes it easier to navigate through the workbook. Hi, Yes you can still read values from hidden sheets and use those values in a calculation and you can write to hidden sheets with code. Mike "Soccerboy83" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, a...

formatting a cell
is there any way to format a cell but having it depend on the value or entry in another cell? Frank, Sounds like conditional formatting. For instance in B1, goto conditional formatting, and use Condition1 of FormulaIs, and a formula of say =A1=27, then format (via the format button) as required. Just use an appropriate formula. -- HTH Bob Phillips "frank" <mrfrank73@aol.com> wrote in message news:0f2201c37ed9$b1ee66e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > is there any way to format a cell but having it depend on > the value or entry in another cell? >-----Original Message-...

msg: The symbol 'OnTest' is undefined
I just added a handler to my view. When I right click on it and choose 'Go to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol 'OnTest' is undefined." Yet everything seems to be working fine. What would cause this or fix this? "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:%23A9B1eNMFHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I just added a handler to my view. When I right click on it and choose 'Go >to definition' or 'Go to reference', I get the message, 'The symbol >'...

Strange formatting of Zeros
I'm going crazy with this so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows what's up. I've got identical columns with numerical entries (Currency) and sum toals at the bottom of the columns. when both are Zero, onw will show black 0.00 while the other will show up red -0.00. I know I could change the number formatting to eliminate the red but why qwould Zero show as a negative? Both columns are setup the same. Just for curiosity, I tried changing the range of the cell with the red result to only include the last few cells of the column and it showed up as blac without the minus j...

Format List Box!

Exchange 5,5 hosted mailboxes cannot be moved if hidden from the address book
Hi all, I have found that when I try to move a mailbox from an exchange 5.5 server using either the AD Users and Computers snapin or the Exchange system manager then it fails IF the mailbox is hidden from the address book. This only happens when the original server is an ex 5.5 box - all works ok if just moving mailboxes between 2003 servers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution? Thanks, Chris. ...

conditonal formatting
How do I get more than 3 conditional formats in a excel worksheet? I need about 10. I would like to color code services that a client is requesting so that our staff can easily look at the the list and call their clients. Or is there another way to go about this? I am using Excel 2002. Thanks Gail 10 requires using VBA event macro. To apply formats to, say, A1:A10, put something like this in your worksheet code module (right-click on the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Target If .Count &g...

adding cells in time format
I was looking for some ideas on how to add up cells that contain time vaulues. I work with peoples shifts and hours and I want to be able to add up in any given day, how many 7-330 shifts, 8-430...shifts that I have on each day. How can I get Excel to add down each column representing each day of the week giving me the number of shifts per day? Thanks. It would help to see some example data and results. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Vinnie@bby" <Vinniebby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E060402C-A3D9-4A36-A7BB-A...

Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work
Hi there, I was hoping you could help with some custom views. I've figured out how to create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them. What I wanted to do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing). I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each view in one row. I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want identified visable. Then I would save the view. This works fine if I am only hidding and unhidding rows and columns. ...

My Outlook 2000 file is hidden
I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still have access to the files but I need to look into the folder. What happened? What do I need to do in order to have the folder accessible? Ans <Ans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago > it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. > Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still h...

Recover a formated hard drive
Hello All Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has been formated by accident but not used again. Lee Spock: Diskeeper Undelete may help you. http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/home/purchase.aspx#UD Have a great day. -- Dennis Pack Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64. "spock" <vk5abcnospam@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:e6Nq9IKZKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello All > > Does anyone here know of a good program to recover a hard drive that has > been formated by accident but not ...

Format currency in MsgBox
Hello - Windows XP Excel 2003 What I am trying to do is format a string for output in a message box for currency. Looking at the code below, when the application opens, the COSTS worksheet is selected. Variables are selected from the worksheet and displayed in a message box. On the worksheet the cells in question are formatted for currency. The message box opens fine and displays but not in the format I want. The variables should be currency; that is, $1,234,567.00 What is being displayed is 1234567 - no dollar sign, no commas, no cents. Is there some way to do this? Thanks, Paul -------...

mdb format and Access 2007
I opened my FE mdb database (2000-2003) using Access 2007. Tried to make a form with buttons that open other forms. The buttons to not run. I did the same test with the mdb converted to accdb format and the buttons do open forms as expected. Any idea why I loose some design change abilities while using the .mdb format in Access 2007? I'm not ready to convert the database to .accdb yet and would like to continue use of the .mdb for a while longer. -- FL Is the MDB file in the same folder as the ACCDB file? If not, is the folder where the MDB file is set up as a Tr...

Copying Data Without Hidden Values
Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a paste operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every copy process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude the hidden rows from the copy process? Thanks, OC Oscar, Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells Only, OK, then Copy and Paste. HTH, Nikos "Oscar" <oc@sc.rrno...

Hidden Rows
Hi there, Thank you in advance for any help. I have a worksheet with the top 9 rows hidden. I can't seem to get them to unhide. I've checked the help file and tried the suggestion there Edit > Go To > A1 then Format > Row > Unhide but it doesn't seem to work. I still can't see those top 9 rows. Any other suggestions I can try? Thanks, KD Hi KD! Try Data > Filter Remove check from AutoFilter -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au No check by Autofilter, but I tried checking it then unchecking it just...

Conditinal Formatting
Excel 2003 I have a data list using A1 through H1245. Row 1 contains the field headers, with column H called Code. The values in column H are selected from a drop-down list (validation), with the values set for R, G, or B. I need to step up Conditional Formatting, such that when an R is selected in a cell in H, the row, columns A thru H turns Red, G will turn a row Green, and B will turn a row Blue. We cam then sort by Code to group the colors. The colors do have some significance to a senior manager. Suggestions on how to accomplish this will be appreciated. Thanks Paul selec...

A 'Hidden' Hidden Folder
Firstly I apologise for the long story but I feel you may understand more with the whole picture... I have recently built up 5 XP desktops using a multi-cast ghost image so all images are the same, also all desktops are completely identical as they are part of the same batch. I have just recently had to stop setting up the users accounts after logging on as the users for the computers as I've come across something I'm now unable to solve. The first users account was setup on the first computer, and worked exactly as it should. The second and third made me step back...

keyboard shortcuts for paste-special/formats/value/...
Hi! Are there any keyboard shortcuts for the various paste special variants? Thx. No direct ones, either Alt > E > S and whatever you choose from the popup dialogue box or you can record a macro -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "xirx" <xirx@gmx.de> wrote in message news:42683eda$0$297$4d4ebb8e@read.news.de.uu.net... > Hi! > > Are there any keyboard shortcuts for the various paste > special variants? > > Thx. ...

Conditional formatting alternative
I was able to highlight some cells using conditional formationg. Unfrotunately the cells are not next to ehac other (there are blank cells in the middle). Since I don't need those blank cells I can just delete them or sort the column so all the cells with information move to the top, the problem is that when I finish sorting and the cells move up I lose the format I applied on conditional formatting. is there any other way to apply format (change color) to a cell depending on 2 other cells? This is what I have: Highlight in bold row 2 if A2 -a date- is between A1 -date #1- and A2 -d...

Applying Formulae to a worksheet which are hidden
The problem: I have set up a work sheet with formulae in the following row: Cells E5 to Z5 are populated with formulae, (F5, G5, I5, L5, Q5, V5, Y5, Z5 have Conditional Formatting). The formulae, in some cases, are dependent on the preceding cell. I would like to apply all these formulae to all the rows from row 5 and below. Also, I would like all the formulae to be hidden. So that when new data is entered in rows 6 to X, all you see is the data being entered with the formulaes being hidden. Please can you help, I am new to excel so simplicity is key. Many thanks, You state you...

File Format Not Valid
HI, I have a spreadsheet that is used on a daily basis by one user. It has been in use for two or three months and is opened everyday, however when I attempted to open it this morning I received the following message "Sales.xls: File Format not Valid" I've tried opening it in Open Office however I get a similar mesage. Anyone got any ideas of how I would get this open. As can be expected the normal user of the spreadsheet has not kept another copy of it. Thanks in Advance DJ You sure it is an Excel file? Could they have saved it as CSV or text and renamed it? Might be w...

Format of linked graphics file
I have designed a report to link to graphics files. Somewhere along the line I read that .wmf or .emf files are best suited to the purpose. I think that was in Access Help, but I can't find it now. Anyhow, is there a reason for choosing one graphics file format over another for this purpose? The files are images of handwritten signatures, which means the resolution requirements are not as high as they would be for something like photos, in case that matters in selecting the format. ...

number formatting #4
Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to numbers. I have a colunm with number lemgths between 1 and 7 digets and need them all to be 10 diget's long. I have no trouble with adding the zero's as headers but needt hem as trailers. Thanks. Hi zuraan, You could put the following formula in a column beside the numbers and then Copy, Paste special, Values over the original numbers. =A1*10^(7-LEN(A1)) The formula assumes that the number is in cell A1 -- Regards, OssieMac "zuraan" wrote: > Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to number...