Format for Flashcards for MS Word & PPS 2003

Can anyone help me in sending me a Flashcard template so as to learn Chinese
Characters, Pinyin, English. Compatible with MS Word 2003 & Power Point 2003.
Any Tips or Ticks or general Knowledge in this area to improve learning
through Flash Cards is more than Welcome.

Trouble With Cell Format
Hello, I am trying to type this number 3660884001738 into a cell, but Excel changes it to 3.66088E+12?? I have tried to format the cell to text, to number, basically to all formats, but it still stays the same. What am I missing?? Thanks for any help JR Custom format 0 or preformat as text before you enter it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JR" <gaspower@nothing.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:LRSNb.11600$qd6.8037@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com... > Hello, > > I am trying to type this number 3660884001738 into a cell, but Excel changes > it to 3.66088E+12?? I ...

how do i insert a document in publisher 2003?
I have several documents that were written at different times in Pub 2002 and Pub 2003. Is there any way I can put two or more of those documents into a single Pub document that I can then print as one document? MagnestyJoe wrote: > I have several documents that were written at different times in Pub > 2002 and Pub 2003. Is there any way I can put two or more of those > documents into a single Pub document that I can then print as one > document? Yes. It's called copy and paste. There's no other way. -- My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he even...

Can I prevent Excel converting to date format?
I was wondering if there was a setting or any way to prevent Excel from converting certain numbers to dates. e.g. 11/7 will be converted automatically to 11/07/2005. This appears as 11-Jul in the cell. This problem also happens with 11-7. This is very annoying because it would appear that there is actually no way of having two numbers (which happen to be low enough numbers to be dates) separated by a forward slash or a hyphen. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? If you're typing these values into the cell, you can either prefix them with a leading apostrophe: '11/7 ...

Formatting exponentials in Excel
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that has a formula for the available space which is = total - used The thing is the space is GB or MB (1x10^9 or 1x10^6) I formatted the numbers to display 1000000 as 1.00E+06 but is there anyway of making this into 1MB so it will still calculate correctly? Hope that makes sense, Thanks, Niall. Custom format #,,\M\B OR #.#,,\M\B OR #.0,,\M\B OR 0.0,,\M\B -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "N...

Outlook 2003 and Office 2000 compatibility
We recently upgraded to Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 came with it. We have stayed with Office 2000, though. Now we can no longer use Word to edit email messages and when we are in Word we can't right click the document to send as an email. Does anyone know why this is or a work around? Thanks No workaround available -- you will have to upgrade to Word 2003, since versions have to match to use Word with Outlook. "Jeanie Achterberg" <jachterberg@associatedmachine.com> wrote in message news:0a6f01c3c574$41afbbe0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > We recently upgraded ...

convert from .xls format to .csv format
Hi, Can anyone help me to convert .xls to .csv without changing the content. I want the leading zeros to remain in the csv. Thanks in advance M.Ravindran -- m_ravindran ------------------------------------------------------------------------ m_ravindran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483430 Hi take a look at the Text Write facility at http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/text_write_program/index.html Regards Roger Govier m_ravindran wrote: > Hi, >...

Conditional Formatting?
I am not an experienced Access 2007 user so this may be an easy one. On my reports I want certain lines to be bold depending on certain criteria. The criteria is basically: If Date A is before Date B AND the difference between Date B and Date A is less than 3 years then I want that record in bold type. Can this be done? The dates are in my query that my report references. Do the dates have to be part of the report. I have used advanced filtering on fields not in the report and it works so I hope I don't have to include them. Thanks Scott -- Message posted via http://www.accessmo...

Pivot tables
Two questions regarding pivot tables. 1 Is there a way to use auto filter to limit the items included in row fields? That is, instead of checking or unchecking items in the drop down box use filters to say only include accounts greater than 5000 and less than 7000. I got around this by filtering the source of the data, copying it to another sheet and changing the source of the pivot table to the new sheet, but that is cumbersome. 2 Can conditional formatting be used within pivot tables? I have an actual field, a budget field and a calculated variance field. I would like to have variances...

filtering data and condensing a form format
I wish to print out weekly payroll receipt in form-like format for employees only if employee worked that week. I have an Excel file composed of many worksheets each for a given employee. In upper lefthand corner of these worksheets are employee name, address, phone, etc. In upper righthand corner is marital status, dependents, tax rates, etc. Below this: column A is pay week ending date, column B is pay rate, column C is hours worked, D is Gross Wages formula, E is SS Tax formula, F is Med Tax formula, G is Fed Tax formula, H is State Tax formula, I is Local Tax formula, J is State...

Outlook 2003 - Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I have installed Outlook 2003 and I want, that the size of my .ost file exceeds 2gb. Is this possible with exchange 5.5 in the background? I know, that pst-files can exceed 2gb - nearly 4 tb in unicode mode, what will be enough for the next few years :-) How can I do this? Thank you, Eric Exchange 5.5 does not support Unicode OST files. What you get in that version of Exchange with Outlook 2003 is cached mode but not with larger OST files. The 2 GB limit still applies. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office ...

Is thier a Publisher Converter for 2000 to use 2003 Files
A co-worker has Publisher 2003 I have Publisher 2000 we share files on the network but she always forgets to save to the older file format is their a way i can get a converter for 2000 to use 2003 files No - you'll have to teach your friend to remember a little better or is that more often? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "srhenke" <srhenke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBE31191-D777-4AB1-AFF0-40C53A8D4AAF@microsoft.com... >A co-worker has Publisher 2003 I have Publisher 2000 we share files on the > network but she always forgets...

Copying a format that has been conditionally formated
How do I cut and paste a formula picking up it's own values if the cell has been conditionally formatted. In example, c3 is to highligh in red/bold if it's value is lower than c29 (the value of the same info from year prior). It worked for that cell but I want to copy the formula for the rest of the 500+ cells so that d3 also read from d29, etc. HELP!! What, exactly, is the condition you set? I'm guessing it's something like 'formula is' =($C$3<$C$29). If you use relative cell references, =(C3<C29), rather than the absolute references, then you should ...

Exchange 2003 Mapi error 5
Each time we start the services on our exchange server we get the following event: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeES Event Category: General Event ID: 5 Date: 28/04/2006 Time: 03:00:05 User: N/A Computer: ****** Description: An unexpected MAPI error occurred. Error returned was [0x80004005]. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Has anybody come across this before? TIA That error translates to 'Access Denied.' Looks like you are getting this for the Exchange Event Service. That service is there for leg...

opening non responsive word
After using the Microsoft Office 2007 program for a year it has suddenly become unresponsive. If it does start it will open then freeze and say 'not responding' or will not open a new document or any saved documents at all. I have tried changing the template normal.dotm to normal.dot and changing the HKEY to old options/ old data, in the hope it would create new data but it will not open saved documents. It only opens after winword.exe /a but is unresponsive to demands. I have also uninstalled the program then reinstalled and rebotted but nothing has helped. Is it Windows...

Problems with a Contact in Outlook 2003.
The issue is that I have a contact in Outlook that the e-mail address is automatically resolved to something else by Outlook. It's actually the same e-mail address with an exclamation mark added to it right before the @ sign. I deleted the contact and tried adding it again, however, this time it wont let me type in an e-mail address. As soon as I tab on to the next field or save the contact info the e-mail address that I just typed in disappears. I have tried searching for the *.nk2 file but I am unable to find it.(This after I changed the file settings to show hidden files and folders) I...

SBS/Exchange 2003: Email Messages leaving SMTP queue then disappea
Hello all: I have been working for almost 3 days to see what my Exchange Server 2003 (running on Small Business Server 2003) has not been delivering email messages to outside receipients, i.e., joeblow@yahoo.com . I can successfully send email inside the domain to another domain recipient using Outlook such as joe@domain.com to jane@domain.com and I can receive email from outside the domain, such as from suzie@yahoo.com. I have looked in the queue and watched the messages leave the SMTP queue and then they disappear into the ether. I can telnet to port 25 on the Exchange server and it...

Retriveving numbers formated as text ?
Hello all I have setup a worksheet so that when someone inserts a plan information about the plan number appears. The plan number unfortunately are in one of the following combinations, 144 144. 144.1B . I have formatted the cells to be TEXT, but when someon inserts 144 no information is retrieved. The only ones that work ar 144.1 and 144.1B. Also when i hightlight all cells and format as TEX the little green 'thing' shows up ONLY on 144.1 and 144.1B and not o 144 . I hope i've been clear. Thank you -Ruffle -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com When retrieving the...

Avoid user having to enter hours when using [mm]:ss format
I am formatting a spreadsheet to enter sports-score from a particular event. I format cells to display mm:ss using "custom" format [mm]:ss. However the user, it appears, has to enter 00 for hh to get the display correct. How can I avoid this? Hi as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lady_luck" <Lady_luck@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6265CAB7-B46E-4E9E-B1EE-45ADB9C40755@microsoft.com... > I am formatting a spreadsheet to enter sports-score from a particular ...

Re formating
I have a skide show that was prepared in Corel Presentations and will only open in Presentation 8 runtime. Anyone know how I can convert it to open in windows ? -- Col. Cavalry Not a Publisher issue. Perhaps if you posted in a Corel newsgroup you'd get an answer. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "colcav" <colcav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E3900EF-1606-4C72-8483-B0C7146C2280@microsoft.com... >I have a skide show that was prepared in Corel Presentations and will only > open in Presentation 8 runtime. Anyone know how I can c...

Can not use Left Click to login to Windows XP SP3 with MS Mouse
Hardware: I have a Dell D610 with trackpoint and touchpad. I am installing a MS Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3 and a MS Wireless Mouse 6000 v2. Software: Windows XP SP3, fully patched, clean re-install. Intellipoint and IntelliType v6.31 installed. Latest ALPS Touchpad driver from Dell. When running _without_ the MS Keyboard and Mouse, the system runs as expected. Using the ALPS Touchpad, booting up, the Welcome screen works and all clickable objects are recognized and you can easily login. Start menu is clickable. When running _with_ the MS Keyboard and Mouse, the system doe...

How do I underline words without underlining the whole field?
I have created a database in the form view. I would like to be able to underline certain words in one of the fields without underlining everything in the field. Anyone who has some helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. In a form? I think the only approach would be to use RTF. It's possible in a report, though, with some limitations: see what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm While you're at Stephen's site, check his free RTF control at http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-...

Format a Cell from VBA
I've got a macro that does a bunch of things and at the end puts a number value in a cell. I would like to write out that value to be displayed in a fixed format with one decimal digit. Somehow it *almost* works for me. I've tried to use a statement like: ActiveCell.Offset(0,0) = FORMAT(X,"0.0") When X is some kind of long decimal like 1.33333 it works nicely and shows "1.3" in the cell as expected. When X is an even integer like 1.0 though, it only shows "1" in the cell. Yet from the spreadsheet I can click to set the number of digits af...

Any way to perserve Pivot Table formatting
At least the borders? We have a pivot table that has many columns of data (18 months) and it is very useful to have an underline or row shading to help follow across this large table. We can set the borders and it works OK, but as soon as the data is updated, the format is removed. Even as simple as selecting one of the categories from the drop down clears the formatting. This doesn't seem right. What are we doing wrong? Should the formatting be set immediately after creating the table? Or is there some trick to this? Tried to pick a report style, but picking one seemed change the table...

Data Migration from MS CRM to MS CRM?!?
Hi all, I have still the same problem and I still can't find a solution... Situation: - We worked with the sample database "Adventure Works Cycle" - Since Monday we have a new licence key that works only with our company name Questions: 1) How can I change the company name to get the key work? (I think this isn't possible...) Second Possibility: I installed the MS CRM Professional 1.2 (German) again with the right company name. But then the existing database cannot be connected, because it belongs to the Adventure Works Cycle company. 2) How can I connect the dat...

Format conversion
Is there a means by which I can use .pub files in PictureIt! 2001? Nope. And only the Publisher version that used to create the file, or later version can open the Publisher file. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Steven Robinson" <sbf11258@netzero.net> wrote in message news:023401c36da1$3846c470$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a means by which I can use .pub files in > PictureIt! 2001? ...