For projecting presentations, what does "extend" option do?

I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options.
Three are self evident.  The fourth, to me at least, is not.  Help?

On 3/24/10 1:07 PM, Bob wrote:
> I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options.
> Three are self evident.  The fourth, to me at least, is not.  Help?

Extend means that you have different things on your computer and
projector. People with two monitors often have an extended desktop so
they can put some stuff on one monitor and some on another (like a
window the NCAA tournament on one monitor and a Word document on the
other or one document on each monitor). In PowerPoint, this is useful, I
believe, for Presenter mode. In this case, the PowerPoint will show to
the audience as expected and the presenter will see some presenter tools
that, among other things, allow you to view the slide along with the notes.

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/

Money Plus Deluxe extended activation
Tonight I received the Money Plus I ordered from Amazon and contacted MS concerning running EXTEND to lengthen the time on my new version. I am running Vista. They proceeded to successfully get my version extended to 6/28/2011 but only if I run it in administrator mode. I had previously run it in user mode. I still can run Money in user mode, but the expiration date remains as 9/14/2009. I called MS support back but they say that MS Money only runs in administrator mode.Any ideas on how to get the extended MS Money to run in user mode? i assume that I need to give some permission to...

Extending a Chart Data Series from an Array
I am trying to create some VBA code that will extend a chart data series from an Array. Google searches on the subject tell me that there is a known bug that will not allow this. The code fails on the last ActiveChart.SeriesCollection line. Any ideas for a workaround? Can I read the array into a range somehow and then use Range with the Extend method? Can I do this without writing the range somewhere? Here is the basic code .... 'Read all the datapoints into an array TotalRows = Range("MyChartSeries").Count Dim MyArray As Variant ReDim MyArray(1 To TotalRo...

Extender and Smart List
-- Thanks for your help ...

Extended Pricing Report
We have a huge proble with printing Price book reports. We do not use multicurrency. asically when we prin the report the unit price does not show correctly. if the item price was 10.45 it shows SDG10.0000 or if the price was 12.75 it would show SDG13.00000 Does anyone know what the SDG bit is??? and why our currency seems to be rounded up? I have run a check-links on the multicurrency table and this had no effect I have also discovered that the Currency ID is greyed out and blank in the Extended Pricing Report window... I suspect this is causing the pricing tables to be refreshed usi...

How do I get numbers to extend into unfilled cells like text
you know how if you type text into a cell if there is nothing in the cells next to it it will overflow into those cells so that you can see all of the text. Why dont numbers work the same way. Even if the cells are empty I cannot get numbers to overflow into the open cells. does anyone know what I have to do to get this to work? Merging the cells is not an option, due to the formula im using. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I do not know of any way to get the numbers to continue into an adjacent (even empty) cell. You might try: Format Columns Autofit that might ...

[ANN] VTD-XML extended edition released
The Java version of extended VTD-XmL is released and available for download. This version supports 256 GB max file sizes and memory mapped capabilities. The updated documentation is also available for download. In short, you can basically do full XPath query on documents that are bigger than memory space available on your machine. A special thanks to Duane May who provided value suggestions and inputs and helped refine the VTD specs to make this happen. To download the package and the documentation, go to https://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=110612&use_mirror=&fil...

Combo Box
Hi there, I can't seem to right-click on a combo box. I have the Control Toolbox - Design Mode button selected and I've checked to see if the workbook/worksheet is protected ( which they aren't )... I right-click on the combo box object but I don't get a menu to select the option "Format Control". I thought this is where you can extend the combo box range ( rows ) of rows. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe joe, i am a tyro at excel myself. i cannot figure out why are you not abl to right-click on the combobox once you have the design mode o...

How to extend without re-installing
OK, I'm willing to fork out another $40 to take Online Services to 1/31/2011 but I don't see how I can just extend the subscription without re-downloading and re-installing Money Plus. Is there a way? In microsoft.public.money, Mark Draft wrote: >OK, I'm willing to fork out another $40 to take Online Services to 1/31/2011 >but I don't see how I can just extend the subscription without >re-downloading and re-installing Money Plus. >Is there a way? Yes. One way involves calling in. The other way involves waiting until the current install expires. In any cas...

Linking Extender window fields to SmartList
If you have the fields in an Extender window already linked to an existing GP SmartList (like the Customers SmartList), will it let you link the fields from another Extender window to that same SmartList? Or is it only limited to one window? On my second Extender window, I have the SmartList link created but the fields do not show up. I'm running GP 9. Thanks. -Joe Joe, I have 2 Extender windows linked to the Customer Maintenance window and see both in the list of available columns on my Customers SmartList. This is in GP 9.0 SP 3. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use ...

Extender Windows on Inventory Transfer Scroll
Hi, We have a request to enter the item's Pallete Number and Carton number during the item transfer entry. I was thinking of using Extender to add in those fields and activate them during Item Transfer Entry when each detail item line is entered. I created a WINDOW in Extender under Form Item Transfer Entry, Window = IV_Tranfer Scroll. I faced 2 problems: (a) Under IV_Transfer Scroll, I only find Item Line Sequence but not Document Number. As such I could not create a right Key Fields for the new window (b) I wanted the system to auto open the window after Field Exit from Qua...

Extended Pricing price groups should allow multiple Units of Meas.
We categorize our items without regard to units of measure, and want to make an overall change to a particular category of items, e.g. increase the discount percent for all items in that category. But we cannot group these items into one price group because they have different units of measure. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

Extender field report writer
How I can add a extender field in report writer (payroll check) You will need to create a view from the Extender Field, then creat an External Report. Mick "Yaritza Andino" wrote: > How I can add a extender field in report writer (payroll check) > > ...

XL2003: Why won't some formulas auto extend?
In XL 2003, I have "Extend data ranges and formats" checked. In one workbook, some formulas will extend, but others won't. I'm down to row 64, so I've got the formulas in at least the previous five rows as required. It works this way with both manual and automatic calculation. Can anyone give me any hints as to how to correct this? Ed ...

Creating an Extended Combo Box Control for Visual C++
The Microsoft Article doesn't explain how to display the combo entries once using the properities dialog to add entries in the combo Box' dropdown list. What goes into the OnInitDialog function? What's goes i the the ProgToRun Function ? Regards, Ton -- Tony Digg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tony Diggs's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=497 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187104165 http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_Using_CComboBoxEx.asp http://www.code...

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

Extended Pricing
Here is our requirements: Item A,B,C belong to a class ClassABC. Item X, Y and Z belong to a class Class123. Item price for this customer is as follows: Item A: $2.85 Item B: $2.85 Item C: $2.85 Item X:$2.50 Item Y:$2.50 Item Z:$2.50 When customer wants to buy item A,B and X on an order, the prices are as follows. Item A: 2.35 Item B: 2.35 Item x: 2.50 Since, the customer is buying Item A and B both, they get discount on the price. For example, if the same customer was purchasing Item A and Item X on an order, the price would have been $2.85 for Item A and $2.50 for Item X. Another exa...

Extender / Smartlist Problem
Using GP 9.0 Service Pack 2 with Extender and Smartlist Builder on SQL 2005. I have created a new Extender window associated with Field Service module. This is to track parts on order from suppliers on service calls for onsite technicians. The extender window tracks shipment details for replacement parts and uses the service call number, the part number and the part description as the key fields. There can be multiple parts on one call. I have tried to integrate this Extender information into a new Smartlist with other data from the call and the client. Unfortunately the Smartlis...

For projecting presentations, what does "extend" option do?
I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options. Three are self evident. The fourth, to me at least, is not. Help? On 3/24/10 1:07 PM, Bob wrote: > I have computer only, duplicate, extend, projector only as my 4 options. > Three are self evident. The fourth, to me at least, is not. Help? Extend means that you have different things on your computer and projector. People with two monitors often have an extended desktop so they can put some stuff on one monitor and some on another (like a window the NCAA tournament on one monitor and a Word docume...

GP Extender
I have added an Extender field to my sales item detail entry screen for Job Number. The key is Line Item Sequence and SOP Number. When I transfer the order to an invoice and open the Extender window, it does not have the job number. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or that it just does not do that. My customer does not want to have to type it in on the order and again on the invoice. Can Extender 'tie' documents or transactions together with same field. For instance, I want the job number to 'flow' from the order to the invoice or from the purchase order t...

Extender error on Smartlist
We just installed the year-end update for GP10 to upgrade to 10.00.1411. We have Extender, and had to use the Extender_SP4_Update.sql script against our company database to allow the update to complete. Everything appears to be fine other than one message we've received right after opening Smartlist: A get/change first operation on table 'PT_Extender_Detail_Forms' failed accessing SQL data. Number of results columns doesnt match table definition. Luckily, we can click OK and continue - the Smartlists appear to be fine. We've run the Grant.sql script, but c...

Extended services error
Is it possible to suppress the error message, "Your extended services will expire in 15 days . . . "? Thanks, in advance, for the recommendation. Dan Johnson Wait for 15 days. The message will go away along with your online services. -- Peace, BobJ "Dan Johnson" <d_johnso@comporium.net> wrote in message news:un0Yb2SyKHA.5292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to suppress the error message, "Your extended services will > expire in 15 days . . . "? > > Thanks, in advance, for the recommendation. > > Dan Johnso...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Add a way to mass update pricing while using extended pricing.
Currnelty there is no way to mass update pricing when using extended pricing .. There is with standard pricing so can MS provide a way for extended pricing? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...