Find Where Specific Fonts Have Been Used in a PowerPoint Presentat

Is there a way to find where specific fonts have been used in a PowerPoint
presentation.  The Contents tab of the Advanced Properties pane list the
fonts that are used in a presentation but not where.  MS Word will search for
fonts with the find dialogue.  I am looking for similar functionality with
PowerPoint.

In article <6CDAC5DB-AFCF-4485-9EAB-5146B5B5411C@microsoft.com>, John B wrote:
> Is there a way to find where specific fonts have been used in a PowerPoint
> presentation.  The Contents tab of the Advanced Properties pane list the
> fonts that are used in a presentation but not where.  MS Word will search for
> fonts with the find dialogue.  I am looking for similar functionality with
> PowerPoint.

There's nothing like this built-in.

When I was running a service bureau and had to track down rogue fonts fairly
often, we always kept an oddball font or two installed on the PCs.  Working on a
copy of the presentation, we'd use Format, Replace fonts to replace MysteryFont
with AlephBeth (a Hebrew font, one that neither we nor our clients ever used).
Then we could manually/visually scan for Hebrew-looking text.

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

2
Steve
1/13/2010 5:56:34 PM
On Jan 13, 9:25 am, John B <John B...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Is there a way to find where specific fonts have been used in a PowerPoint
> presentation.  The Contents tab of the Advanced Properties pane list the
> fonts that are used in a presentation but not where.  MS Word will search for
> fonts with the find dialogue.  I am looking for similar functionality with
> PowerPoint.

This should be doable in VBA. Are you on a Mac or PC? What version of
PPT are you using
0
Mark

Using online services from Europe
I'm going to be temporarily stationed in Europe for a couple of months. Are there any problems with my using M2002 to access my accounts, pay bills, etc, from there just as I do from the US? TIA You should be fine, so long as you have a 128 bit encryption version of IE. If you do have problems, please feel free to post here :-) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Does any guy use MS CRM in reality life?
I am a beginner at CRM and would like to know whether this CRM deserve to be use. I have many customers using CRM in real life :-) If you are looking to implement Microsoft CRM at your company you need to do some initial work to fully understand your business needs. Only once this is completed can you determine whether Microsoft CRM is the right product for your business. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Hightide Software Company" <HightideSoftwareCompany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F95F647E-768C-4861-9053-08B67A303DBA@...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

Using in Bookshop
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone is using Retail Manager in a Bookshop and if so how they went about importing new items that were supplied in ONIX or BISAC format. We get over 600 titles every month that we would want to import and would love to think that someone has already writtena script or something to import into the database the new items.? Regards ...

cannot find database

Trying to collapse a table, what Function should I use?
I have a table of data (numbers) which is 70 rows by 21 columns, which I would like to summarize into a 5 x 3 table. So every 14 rows by 7 columns sums into a single cell on another worksheet. My original table would be like 1 2 3 ... 20 21 1 2 .... 69 70 and my summary table would be 01-07 08-14 15-21 01-14 A B C 15-28 D E F 29-42 G H I 43-56 J K L 57-70 M N O where A = sum of all numbers in the intersection of rows 1-14 and columns 1-7 where O = sum of all numbers...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Permitting relaying to specific domain
Platform: Windows 2003, Exchange 2000 sp2. I'm working with two e-mail domains in my exchange server, with the primary e-mail address @yyyy.com, I can send/recieve e-mail using pop3, but I'm not able to do the same with the second e-mail address @xxxx.com, with this address I just can recieve e-mail, but when I try to send I recieve the relay error 550. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You. Create connector for that domain and in Address Space tab set "Allow messages to be relayed to this domains". javier wrote: > Platform: > > Windows 2003, Exchang...

How do I find the out of office reply?

Insert Signature using keyboard question
Hi Using 2007 When creating an e-mail, is it possible to insert a signature using keyboard strokes? -- Martin ���� Try Alt+N, G. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net" wrote: > Hi > Using 2007 > When creating an e-mail, is it possible to insert a signature using > keyboard strokes? > -- > Martin > ©¿©¬ > On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 05:39:01 -0700, Sue Mos...

Using query as filter
Can you use a select query as a filter in a report? If so, please help with the syntax. I tried putting in the properties and could not ever get the syntax to work. I am not using that query as a source for the report. Thanks so much!!!! Yes, create the Select query and either save it and use its name as the recordsource property of the report, or copy the SQL from the query, and paste it in the report's recordsource. Either method should work. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Golfinray" <Golfinray@d...

How do I use .Create on a control class?
For example, I want to progamatically add a CEdit to the main dialog in a dilaog based app. So, I declare a CEdit object called skill, then I call skill.Create(<style flags>, <rect>, <CWnd*>, etc... The question is this, where do I get the CWnd* ? I can declare one, but what do I initialize it to? I have tried using "this" as my CWnd* but if I do that, the control does not show up in the dialog. I did specify WS_CHILD and WS_VISIBLE in my style flags. What am I doing wrong? CWnd* is the base class of CDialog*, just pass it 'this' (self reference ...

Send link to item using Folder Assistant rule
I have an Exchange server public folder set up with a custom form. The folder assistant rules work nicely to forward the posted messages to the appropriate list of recipients, based on the value in one of the user-defined fields of the form (using the Advanced settings in the rule editor). However there is no option to forward a _link_ to the posted message - the entire message gets forwarded. The result is that a message lands up in the recipients' Inboxes using the default form, and they can then proceed to reply on the message in their Inbox folders, which is not desired. I do not ha...

use NTBackup to backup information store 2003
Hi, Anyone can help me to solve using NTbackup schedule to backup Exchange 2003 information store? NTbackup can backup information store from manual start, but it can't run on tasks schedule. thank you piu Works for me, what problem are you having? You can't backup the IS at the same time as any other Shadow Copy Backup, unless all of your exchange files are on spearate volumes from the system volume. Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Anyone can help me to solve using NTbackup schedule to >backup Exchange 2...