Edit data for Excel charts is disabled

Hi everyone,
I think I asked this question before but I can't find it now. I use VBA to
insert some Excel  charts in PP 2007, sometimes the edit data option for
charts is disabled and I can't edit the data for that specific chart , any
suggestion how I can me it enable again?
--
Best regards,
Edward

data menu lost
Hi all The menu bar has changed from the standard menu functions to what appears to be chart funtions. I have file, edit, view, insert, format, tools, chart, window, help. I have lost the Data menu function and most of the functions under Insert and format. I have tried to reset the toolbar as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Excel with no luck. Thanks for advise Do you have a chart on that worksheet? And if yes, is that chart selected? (try clicking on a worksheet cell to get off the chart.) exile wrote: > > Hi all > > The menu bar has changed from the standard m...

Data Filter in protected sheet
Sir, I want to use data filter command in protected sheet. Oncly Because that formula i m using in the cells should not display or suddenly can delete or currupt. Is there any way? Regards Rao Ratan Singh If you already have the outline/subtotals applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True '.EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub It needs to be reset each time you open...

0how do I display wide range of data e.g. with data from 195 to 2.
I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the same chart Maybe, with a log scale? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <FF07154A-B77E-4F66-9694-1D8240B48B82@microsoft.com>, YSL@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the > same chart > > ...

merge multilple data values
How do I merge multilple data values ie: in columns js1234 to .jpg to read: js1234.jpg Thanks Jennifer, You can combine two cells with a formula like =A1&B1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wrote in message news:h3rpb.294$Ux1.162@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net... > How do I merge multilple data values ie: > in columns > js1234 to .jpg > to read: js1234.jpg > > Thanks > > ...

editting auto recovery

Maximum charts or data series in workbook
I have a spreadsheet that I want to have 50 sheets with data and 18 different charts referring to the data on each individual sheet. The charts on each sheet refer to a total of 21 different data series from its own sheet. I have tried to make the workbook by using a template sheet and copying the sheet, and renaming it. Strangely enough, when I get to copying the 12th new sheet, I get the information message "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook", and won't let me make any more copies of sheets. This makes sense since 12*21=252 ...the 13th sheet makes ...

BOM & Edit List

All day event data type
What is the data type for an "all day event in Outlook". I would like to use Access to help automate my need to enter a weekend on call schedule. These events are allways allday. I have seen an example of doing this for regular appointments, but not for all day events. Also, in the outlook.application.(value) what is the value called for an all day event? Thanks AllDayEvent is boolean, it is either true or false. Check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa211368(office.11).aspx HTH, JP On Jan 20, 3:02=A0am, GeraldF <m...@somewhere.com> wrote: > What is t...

Training in Excel
Has anyone received their training from a Global Knowledge, Inc. Excel training course. If not, do you have an e-mail address for a contact at Global Knowledge that has been responsive to you. I have a question about a Global Knowledge, Inc. Excel exercise and will require the files supplied with the course for the answer. A cell is not responding as it should and I want to know if it is due to a default or an error in formatting the cell or precedent. Any help anyone could provide would be of value to me. Product version is 2003. Thanks in advance. -- Effie I don't know any...

moving data from one db to another
I have a pretty general question about what might be the best way to handle this. I need to write a watcher program to export flagged rows in an MSSQL 2005 db out to a MySQL db. After each row is copied, I need to reset the flag in the source. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me what the best process for this would be. Looping through all the rows in the source one at a time and then posting them one at a time seems like the wrong way to go. There's a lot of vb.net that I don't know so I'm thinking there might be a better, simpler way to do this. Initially there...

Sharing Data Between Computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop computer and my laptop computer, which are connected with a router, and are both running Windows XP. I would like the laptop computer to be able to use the Outlook data from the desktop computer when it's on the network. I went to File | Date File Management, and added the desktop computer's PST file to the Outlook.pst file that was already there. However, the desktop computer's data didn't appear in the laptop's copy of Outlook. Is there something else I need to do, or do I need to have Exchange running on my home network to get thi...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Change number in Text Box in Excel
Need to change the number in Text Box in Excel. For example; (Text Box 209). I want to change that number to (Text Box 1). In fact I would like to sequence the Text Box numbers form 1 to 160. Can you help? You can name a textbox (created with the drawing toolbar) the same way you can name a cell. Just select it, then do what's demonstrated here: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/named_ranges_in_microsoft_excel.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Jerry Dyben" <Jerry Dyben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E555C29-787F-4DAF-8B61-1533...

v. large file for small data
I have a spreadsheet that was sent via email that contains only a small amount of data (fits on screen) but has a size of 14MB. I have copied the data to another sheet (values only) and that sheet is only 18KB. When I select all on the original and delete it all the size is still 14MB - what the... Any help ideas appreciated Most likely the used-range is "exploded". Select the column to the right of the last column of data. Hold down the "Shift" key. Hit "End" and the right arrow. Release the "Shift" key. Right click on a selected column head...

Data Definition/Schema export
Hello, Is there an easy way to obtain the schemas/data defintions for the primary entities? The purpose is to put together a data mapping document. Thanks, for the help! All of this info is contained in the Metabase. It's not too easy to put together, but there's some good code in the GotDotNet User Sample page that might have what you're looking for: http://www.gotdotnet.com/community/usersamples/default.aspx?query=crm&SortDirection=Desc&SortColumnName=CreationDate&Page=1&Size=50 "MDV1457" wrote: > Hello, > Is there an easy way to obtain t...

insert data into chart
I have a chart that refers to a certain range (for the sake of arguement, let's say "A1:C5") for its source data. I now want to insert more data. Say before row 2. So I do a row insert, then add my data. So now the range the chart SHOULD look at is A1:C6. But it doesn't. Now it looks like "A1:C1;A3:C6". Is there a way to have a chart automatically include the inserted row? The real-world problem I'm working on has LOTS of charts already made. Their source data is a direct references to cells on another sheet. I need to update all of these charts w...

Data validation and Named Range
I was under the impression that you could have Data validation check a list contained in various columns if that list was a Named range. Is that so. If it is, I cannot get that to work for me. Rob What have you tried? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:%23wtOqQ8rDHA.2084@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I was under the impression that you could have Data validation check a list > contained in various columns if that list was a Named range. Is that so. > If it is, I cannot get that to work for me. &...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Chart OUTLOOK item reports via Excel or ?
I want to create reports for OUTLOOK items (particularly tasks). I'd like to be able to see charts that display things like the amount of time spent on tasks for various clients, the type of work done, and the dates (including time of day). I'd like to be able to look at these reports daily if possible. Is there a way that I can do this? I thought that there must be a way by exporting the items into excel and then manually setting up charts but this would be time consuming to do each time. Any help is appreciated (I've spent days trying to figure this out) ...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Sum of data on a per month basis
I can't figure out how to do this. I think SUMPRODUCT might be the key but I can not figure it out. I need to extract the monthly sums of expenses incurred from a range of data. The data set has two columns Date and Price. The data changes throughout the year and I have had to adjust the sums ranges by hand and it has led to some human error on my part. Using functions I want to be able to automatically get total each month without manually having to adjust the ranges in the data set. I am using Excel 2007. Thanks so much. Suppose your dates are in column D and your expenses in co...