Disable Update Links Message?

I've created a presentation to be a 'real-time' scoreboard for an upcoming
community event. Two of the presentations have 4 slides, the third has 5
slides. All are on a continuous loop. One laptop is running the Presentation,
and the other is for the scorekeeper to track results of the events. I've
installed an add-in that does the updating each time the presentation loops.
Everything works well, except that each time the links update, I get an
obnoxiously intrusive popup asking me if I want to update the links. I'd
*really* like to get rid of the messages. It would be a HUGE hassle to keep a
person there all day to hit the enter key everytime the slide show loops.
I've programmed the Excel sheets with

     ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways

to try to get rid of this. The workbooks are all shared to prevent messages
about being locked (and asking if I want to open them as Read-Only - which
doesn't seem to update the links). In Excel, I can include a line of VBA code
like:

     Application.DisplayAlerts = False

to cut out alert messages, but, it doesn't seem like these are the same kind
of alert messages as I've tried adding similar lines of code to the
presentation:

     ActivePresentation.UpdateLinks = True
     Application.DisplayAlerts = ppAlertsNone

but the messages keep popping up in front of the slide being displayed. This
also hangs the presentation until I respond to the propmpt. Any help would be
greatly appreciated, as there seems to be tremendously less info about
PowerPoint VBA than just about any other kind.
TIA
Bill
-1

Message Box 02-08-10
Hi Apologies, forgot to add subject, so not sure if it will be displayed, posting again Is it possible to set a message box with customs button texts? If possible how? When a button called Close is pressed, I want the user to be able to select to close just the Database or the Database and Application? Many thanks I showed how in http://www.vb123.com/kb/200505_ds_msg.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Alex Hammerstein" <aph@misnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:C7960CEF.1562B%aph@misne...

Outlook
Whe never I forward a message that I have received my original message is deleted from my Inbox. Any ideas please ? Thanks, Kevin What version of Outlook and do you have any views set on your folder? What have you set for the behavior of Outlook once you have replied or forwarded mail? Tools->options->email options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Inventory pricing updating
Hi, We are going to have an increase in our inventory equipment and the new parts for the equipment and there will also be new pricing for the comming year, is there a way to import from Excel all the new parts and also new prices on existing parts? -- P McCarthy Dear, You can use Integration Manager --> Inventory Item integration, with changing the Destination Edit Mode in integration properties to Insert And Update, check the Sample for further help. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@gre...

2005 Bank Updates on closed account
I had an equity line that I have paid off. When I go online to download the transactions for my other accounts at that bank M 05 D tries to obtain a balance for the closed account from the bank and reports an error that it could not download the tranactions becuase the acount does not exist with the bank. I have closed the account in M 05 D and it still tries to update the balance which is "0" in the register, the "account closed" is checked , etc. Any suggestions? ...

Hypertext and links in email received
The emails I receive do not have links underlined or in hypertext so that I can click on them and go to the linked web site. How do I fix this?? ...

Make a Chart a link or Pop up in worksheet?
I am trying to make a chart a pop up or a link, I am needing to do multiple charts on the same worksheet for each row, and this is the only way, I believe the charts would be readable. Also is there a way to copy the same date ranges for each row(similar to copyin gthe same formula for each row). You could do this with dynamic charts. Make one of each type of chart using dynamic ranges, linked to a cell that holds the particular row number of interest. You can use some kind of slider or other control to change the row number. There are a few techniques for this in my web site: ...

stuck on "update in progress"
My Wells Fargo accounts update but my US Bank account has been in "update in progress" for several days. I can access this account through their web site. Is there something I can do to get this account to update? Roger Look at your call summary messages and see what it suggests. Also you can try update now "Roger" <x@y> wrote in message news:%23kdTdqLiGHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My Wells Fargo accounts update but my US Bank account has been in "update > in progress" for several days. I can access this account through their > ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

view network link usage
how view server network link utilisation per client or computer/IP on a workgroup, windows 2003? I need to track who is using most of the bandwith on the server. thanks. ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

RECIPIENT POLICY NOT UPDATING
Hello. I've made a recipient policy that I want to apply to a specific OU. Here is the filter rule I am using: (&(ou>="")(name=ThisOU*)) This OU is embedded into another OU. I can't seem to get this to work. In addition, the default recipient policy applies to this OU, even though the priority on the other policy is higher. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You cannot set the LDAP filter to query via OU. This is not a limitation of Exchange, but a limit of AD. What you can do is add the folks in that OU to a group and filter by the group membership. ...

Delete IMAP messages
If I delete a message in an IMAP account- the message gets a red line only. I know I can have them delete when I leave teh folder... but I would like to know how to have it deleted immediately, just like from a regular pop3 account. Thanks- Mike Michael Goehring <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I delete a message in an IMAP account- the message > gets a red line only. I know I can have them delete when > I leave teh folder... but I would like to know how to > have it deleted immediately, just like from a regular > pop3 account. That's just the w...

Auto Updater #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel When I attempt to install the MS auto updater 2.1.1, I get a message that states my connection to the update server was interrupted, the server was too busy or there was a problem connecting with my network. Has anyone had this issue and how do I resolve this. On 4/6/09 3:07 PM, "dylan204@officeformac.com" <dylan204@officeformac.com> wrote: > When I attempt to install the MS auto updater 2.1.1, I get a message that > states my connection to the update server was interrupted, the server was > too...

eConnect Customer Updates
Hi, I am trying to use the taUpdateCreateCustomerRcd object to update my customer fields in Great Plains. However, whenever a blank value is passed from the CRM application, it does not blank out the fields in Great Plains (Credit Card No., User Defined 1 and 2, Credit Card Expiry Date, etc). We have tried passing a string.empty, null and spaces but we cannot get the value to clear out of the Great Plains fields. Any ideas? Thanks! Andrianne ...

Linking Drop-down list to worksheets
I need 20 dropdown list on the worksheet. some of drop-down lists has the same values. I need a list thats has one set of names and worksheet has another set of names. Here is a example want I need. LIST names Worksheet names Red - Black 770rb Black-White 770bw My list will have 15 items in each list. When user click on the color it would take them to that worksheet. What is best way to do this? ...

Update and sort chart from drop down change
Hello Excel gods, I come to your mountain seeking wisdom. I have a bar chart with 12 categories that are referenced from a data table, and that data is filterd from 3 drop downs. I have the chart set up now that the chart data and graphics update as the drop downs are changed, but my boss (aka. the man) wants the chart to display largest to smallest absolute values. I can do all of that but what I don't know how to achieve is to make it autosort descending just by me changing the drop down menu. Is there a way to default the data table to automatically sort each time the drop down i...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Marking a Message Private in Outlook 2003
I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you mark just a single one? Reset your private option in the tools menu to "Normal" and then you can choose for each new email in the options of this new email if it should be private. Best Regards Peter -- Peter Marchert [EDP-Service Marchert] Homepage: Http://Www.Marchert.De Excel- And Outlook Programming Stars schrieb: > I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you > mark just a single one? I believe using this feature only places a banner across the mes...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

sql to update inventory allocation field in IV00102
I am trying to come up with a sql script that will recalculate ATYALLOC field in IV00102. If anyone has it, email it please at jacktundra@hotmail.com ...

Follow Up Flags Message
I have a user, who upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007, a few days ago. Since the upgrade, the user has the message, "Upgrading multicolored For Follow Up Flags to Color Categories..." at the bottom of their Outlook. Does anyone know why this message appears and how we can eliminate it? I've seen several posts on Google, but no one has posted a resolution. Thanks.. It's a required change since Outlook 2007 stores the Category list in the mailbox instead of in the registry. Depending on the size of the mailbox and the amount of items that have categorie...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...