Copy Color Palette from Powerpoint to Excel?

Hi everyone :) Is there a way to copy the powerpoint palette that we've
created as our template into excel 2007?

--
Thank you in advance!!!!

Yes. Choose File | Save as and select "Office Theme (*.THMX)" from the save
as type dropdown.

PPT should take you to the appropriate folder. If it doesn't, then save the
file here: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes

In Excel, go to Page Layout and click the Themes button. Your theme will
show up there. That will apply the same colors, fonts and effects that were
used in your PPT file to your Excel file.

"daisy" <daisy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone :) Is there a way to copy the powerpoint palette that we've
> created as our template into excel 2007?
>
> --
> Thank you in advance!!!!

0
Echo
4/13/2010 7:04:51 PM
thank you, I'll give it a try :)
--
Thank you in advance!!!!

"Echo S" wrote:

> Yes. Choose File | Save as and select "Office Theme (*.THMX)" from the save
> as type dropdown.
>
> PPT should take you to the appropriate folder. If it doesn't, then save the
> file here: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Templates\Document Themes
>
> In Excel, go to Page Layout and click the Themes button. Your theme will
> show up there. That will apply the same colors, fonts and effects that were
> used in your PPT file to your Excel file.
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "daisy" <daisy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone :) Is there a way to copy the powerpoint palette that we've
> > created as our template into excel 2007?
> >
> > --
> > Thank you in advance!!!!

Excel query from Access databases
Hi, I have two separate databases in Access that have a common field of CustNo. I'll like to run a query in Excel using Get External Data... whereby I could create a report that brings in data from both the databases. Having tried this in Excel, it seems that I can only use one table at a time, is there a way to overcome the issue. Thanks, Rob Hi Rob- "I have two separate databases in Access that have a common field of CustNo." Is that accurate or do you mean 2 separate Tables in 1 Access DB file which use CustNo as the common field? AFAIK you can only query one Access...

How to create a similar resume in MS Excel ???
Hello All, I came across this interesting resume which has been prepared as a graph and charts sheet / dashboard. Although some may question its relevance / consistency in color usage / display of information , it is doing what it means to do... It captures attention and would surely give the candidate a boost. http://theportfolio.ofmichaelanderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/resume-infographic.jpg I was wondering how this can be created using MS Excel... can someone help me on this ??? Regards, Anand Kumar On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:13:21 -0700 (PDT), anandydr <anandydr@gmail.com> w...

Excel Charts with attached comments option
It would be good if you could add a comment to a cell and have an option when charting that cell to either show the comment or not. The comment should then be linked to that specific data point. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...

Formulas in Excel
Hi I am not sure how to word this but here goes, I would like to be able to enter a w-4 withholding exemption (single and 1 or married and 2, etc.) and have excel calculate this change automatically. Would this be an IF formula? Thanks for any help you can offer. -- Life, Love and Happiness Give us some figures or a bit for information as anything can be an IF statement, a simple =A1+B1 can be If=(A1<>"",A1+B1,"") or an if and If=(And(A1<>"",B1<>""),A1+B1,"") etc. so as you can see we need a little more info! -- The...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

Can I move down 12 rows in excel for every new entry
I am entering records of numbers which have formulas for calculation. I want to place these records every 12 rows and be able to automate the worksheet for our office personnel. How? HELP!! There can be anywhere from 50 to 150 records depending on how many batches are produced in manufacturing plant. right click sheet tab>view code>copy\paste this. If not column A (1) then change. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub Target.Offset(12).Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mickey&...

removing macros in Excel 97
I have a few spreadsheets that upon opening ask if I want to enable or disable the macros. When I open the file there are no macros and unhiding the sheets shows no macros as well. I have removed the modules that were present on the file but to no avail, every time I open the file it asks the same question. Does anyone know how to find these hidden macro's. I tried the knowledge database (article attached) but it didn't work as there are no ranges or hidden ranges as well. Can someone help, this is getting frustrating. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

How to add right-click menu in excel.
I have a user who cannot right click on cells. When she right clicks on a cell nothing happens. I have check in MS-Word (thinking that it has something to do wit office) but it works fine. What is the easiest way to get the right-click menu working again. She had this problem once before but cant remember how it was fixed. Thanks for the help -- oioio ----------------------------------------------------------------------- oioioi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2719 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4670...

Frx NP rows and Excel export
In versions of Frx6.7 SP9 and lower when a column is made NP in Frx, when the report genrated is exported to Excel the NP column is not transferred to Excel. In Frx6.7 SP10 I have now found that NP columns now export to Excel and are displayed as hidden columns in Frx. As far as I can tell is is supposed to be function enhancement rather than a bug. Can someone confirm this for me? Also - is there a way somehow to ensure it works in the way it did previosuly (I ask this I my client has multiple complex Excel sheets that link to the columns in this exported sheet - now due to this '...

Copying Subtotals?
How do I copy just the subtotal information to a new worksheet? Hi Robin, If you are just copying the information over, just copy it and on the new worksheet, do a paste special onto it Aloys "Robin Funnell" <Robin Funnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE504B23-96FB-4B0F-9D9F-366B1E8B1A7E@microsoft.com... > How do I copy just the subtotal information to a new worksheet? On your subtotaled page, summarize to the level that you want to copy (by clicking on the numbers on the upper left). Select all of the rows. Then select Edit - Go to, hit the ...

Need inserted lines to print in correct position on Excel graphs
The aim lines and trend lines that I inserted into the Excel graph appear in the correct position on my monitor screen, but when I print the graph they appear higher than when seen on the screen. How can I get the printed lines to appear in the correct position? Hi, Did you use shapes to draw the lines? You could try changing the Move and cell property. But the best solution would be to create the lines using dummy series. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Lavonne" <Lavonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4CD...

Copying a worksheet and retaining values (not formulas)
I have a comprehensive sales spreadsheet setup which reads raw data from my PC, collates and calculates, and displays a summary sheet. This summary sheet is fine as long as it is on my PC, but sending it to others who do not share the source data means all the links are broken. Rather than give access to the links, I want to create a file containing the actual calculated values, layout and formatting, for sending to others. Can this be done? (and if so, how!) Hi 1. way Right-click on sheet tab, select 'Move or Copy', check 'Create a Copy' and select 'New book'...

Close Button In Excel Grayed Out
From time to time, when I open Excel the close button in the top right to close the program is grayed out, and I have to go to File -> Exit to close the program. I think I remeber a knowledgebase article concerning this topic about 6 months ago when someone else in the office was having the problem, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know the cause/workaround for this bug? Any help is appreciated. cheers, Ben Moore Hi http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199&Product= xlw XL: Close Button Is Dimmed After Groupwise Is Installed -- Regards Frank Kabel F...

Links in Excel 2000...need help
Hi, Would you happen to know how to switch the setting in excel so that when I doubleclick on a cell with a link to another tab (worksheet), it will take me to that tab and specifically the cell referenced? Thx, Maybe you can use a worksheet formula. David McRitchie has posted these formulas that he uses. =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) === but you meant like what hap...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

getting events from Excel
Hello, How to I send events from Excel to my VB6 application? I am unfamiliar with ActiveX . I think I see it as some sort of server logically sitting between my app and Excel. That is to say, I think that I would raise events in Excel VBA, the server catches them and raises events in my vb6 app. My need for this is that my app installs a toolbar in Excel. When the user selects an action from the toolbar, I need to send to my app the action code and a string of coded information. I would also like to have Bidirectional communication but I dont see how that could be done. I n...

excel printing #8
how can I print pictures in excel sheet properly as it is getting printed thrice whereas it shows once in the print preview. I've never seen xl do this--but I don't print too many pictures using xl. But after verifying that the pictures are indeed correct (there aren't triplicates), I'd look at the printer driver. Do you have another printer you can try? If it works on that other printer, I'd visit the printer's web site and look for a new (or fresher) copy of the driver. (But this is just something to try!) yong wrote: > > how can I print > pictures in...

why does excel add 0's to a cell?
when I add numbers to a cell, excel adds tree zero's to the number. Is this a bug in excel? How can I fix this problem? Check the number format for the cell. Format it as General. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kathryn" <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174D91D7-B8A2-4058-9A80-C47D33D369E6@microsoft.com... > when I add numbers to a cell, excel adds tree zero's to the > number. Is this a > bug in excel? How can I fix this problem? Kathryn, If Chip's su...

HTML to Excel
I'm trying to find a way to allow users that are viewing online reports to click on a link and have what is in the html file export to Excel. Has anyone seen a snippit of code that can do this? We're writing most of our reporting code in PLSQL or PSP. ...

Problems XSLT Transformation of XML Data to EXCEL 2000
Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels version is in Office 2000 and also its works fine if the Office Excel Version 2002 and up when attachment file is open via browser the data is in a single line of string in the first row of the excel worksheet Glenn Gomez wrote: > Does Office Excel 2000 support XSLT transformation of data from XML cause am > having problem when the attachment is opened in the client side if the Excels > version is in Office 2000 > >...

trouble opening office 2003 excel files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having difficulty opening Excel files that were created in the 2003 version withthe 2008 version. The files were originally created on a windows XP machine, then imported into a Mac using Office 2003 under system 10.4. The files are rather large, approximately 60 columns by 10,000 rows. I haad no difficulty in working with the files between the Windows and Mac systems. I recently got a new MacBook Pro with an Intel processor and installed Office 2008. When I try to read these large Excel files on my new lap...

copy an e-mail
I sent an e-mail to my e-mail office address with the intention of forwarding it tomorrow morning, I then realized I forgot to edit a very important part of it. Is there a way I can edit an e-mail that was sent to me by myself from another locale then forward to others in my office ...

Default Print Quality setting in Excel
Hi, Is there a way to force the default Print Quality (under page setup) to a specific resolution for all workbooks opened? The problem we have is that when we open a workbook and set the printer to the AdobePDF printer, it forces the resolution to 4000 dpi, which messes up all of our margins & forces all of our models onto multiple pages. By setting that resolution back down to 600 (the most we would ever want), the pages all snap back into place. We have thousands of models that have this problem (we just upgraded to Office2003 and Adobe 6.0) and the users are very upset th...

how to use Field codes in Excel
Hi, I am facing a problem in using custom property values in excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word but could not find the same in excel. Can you pls help ASAP "Radhika" wrote... >I am facing a problem in using custom property values in >excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to >display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same >using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word >but could not find the s...

How do I install MegaStat for Excel 2003?
I cannot find MegaStat in Excel 2003. Where can I find it? To my knowledge, Megastat doesn't come with Excel. You have to purchase it separately. One place to get it: http://blue.butler.edu/~orris/megastat/body_index.html tj "coldmom33" wrote: > I cannot find MegaStat in Excel 2003. Where can I find it? ...