Copied text goes wacky in new template

I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free floating
text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky formatting,
mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica center
aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to manually
reformat all the free floating text boxes?

We're both on PPT 2007.
Thanks
Jeri

Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free floating
> text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky formatting,
> mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica
> center
> aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to
> manually
> reformat all the free floating text boxes?
>
> We're both on PPT 2007.
> Thanks
> Jeri

0
Jaime
5/28/2010 8:54:11 PM
Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.

"Jaime" wrote:

> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
> --
> James
> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>
> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free floating
> > text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky formatting,
> > mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica
> > center
> > aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to
> > manually
> > reformat all the free floating text boxes?
> >
> > We're both on PPT 2007.
> > Thanks
> > Jeri
>
> .

They may have to reformat these. Probably will, actually.

I don't know what causes it, but I've seen similar happen with the manual
textboxes I use for references. The refs start out as Arial Narrow bold left
aligned with the journal name italicized, and after pasting into the new
presentation, they are Arial Narrow not-bold centered with all text
italicized.

It's annoying as hell, and the only workaround I've found is to insert or
paste the slides in in PPT 2003.

In my case, because the text was always in the lower left in the same
general vicinity, I probably could have gotten one of the guys to code me
something to reset the formatting (at least the bold / non-italicized /
left-aligned part, but probably not the original "only journal name
italicized" part). Not sure that would work in your case, but if it will,
you might consider hiring someone to write an add-in for you, because
there's just not a way around this one.

> Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.
>
> "Jaime" wrote:
>
>> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
>> --
>> James
>> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
>>
>> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I just set up a new template for a client.  When they copy a free
>> > floating
>> > text box from an old presentation, they're getting some wacky
>> > formatting,
>> > mainly most of the text turns from Arial left aligned into Helvetica
>> > center
>> > aligned bold (the anchored text boxes are fine). Will they have to
>> > manually
>> > reformat all the free floating text boxes?
>> >
>> > We're both on PPT 2007.
>> > Thanks
>> > Jeri
>>
>> .

0
Echo
5/29/2010 7:12:44 AM
Thanks Echo. Even if the answer is "It's not possible", that's good to know
so I can confidently tell my client so.

"Echo S" wrote:

> They may have to reformat these. Probably will, actually.
>
> I don't know what causes it, but I've seen similar happen with the manual
> textboxes I use for references. The refs start out as Arial Narrow bold left
> aligned with the journal name italicized, and after pasting into the new
> presentation, they are Arial Narrow not-bold centered with all text
> italicized.
>
> It's annoying as hell, and the only workaround I've found is to insert or
> paste the slides in in PPT 2003.
>
> In my case, because the text was always in the lower left in the same
> general vicinity, I probably could have gotten one of the guys to code me
> something to reset the formatting (at least the bold / non-italicized /
> left-aligned part, but probably not the original "only journal name
> italicized" part). Not sure that would work in your case, but if it will,
> you might consider hiring someone to write an add-in for you, because
> there's just not a way around this one.
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.
> >
> > "Jaime" wrote:
> >
> >> Does it happen no matter what paste option they use?
> >> --
> >> James
> >> Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida
> >>
> >> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .

You're welcome -- I know what you mean about wanting to be able to tell them
the real deal with confidence. I am grateful to have experts to check in
with in other areas for the exact same reason!

> Thanks Echo. Even if the answer is "It's not possible", that's good to
> know
> so I can confidently tell my client so.
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> They may have to reformat these. Probably will, actually.
>>
>> I don't know what causes it, but I've seen similar happen with the manual
>> textboxes I use for references. The refs start out as Arial Narrow bold
>> left
>> aligned with the journal name italicized, and after pasting into the new
>> presentation, they are Arial Narrow not-bold centered with all text
>> italicized.
>>
>> It's annoying as hell, and the only workaround I've found is to insert or
>> paste the slides in in PPT 2003.
>>
>> In my case, because the text was always in the lower left in the same
>> general vicinity, I probably could have gotten one of the guys to code me
>> something to reset the formatting (at least the bold / non-italicized /
>> left-aligned part, but probably not the original "only journal name
>> italicized" part). Not sure that would work in your case, but if it will,
>> you might consider hiring someone to write an add-in for you, because
>> there's just not a way around this one.
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>

>> "ppt diva" <jerit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, and sometimes they don't get the paste option.

0
Echo

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Picture behind text in Cells
Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the worksheet cells? Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in front of a picture? Many thanks Bezza Format\sheet\background should do the trick RES That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displayed behind cells. I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the different pictures can be used in forumula's. Bezza That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different images that need to be displaye...

Tab , setFocus doesn't hilite the text of the field
Hi, I have many fields that should be filled by the user. I added 2 more and I would like to change the tab order. I don't like using the numbers (after pressing Ctrl D, by clicking the fields I change the order) because I have too many fields and it takes time to do that. So I used the script, in each killFocus function I called setFocus function with the right field. The problem is that this function brings the cursor to the right field BUT it doesn't hilite the value in that field so in order to change this value I have first to hilite it. How can I hilite it by script? Th...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

How to filter text automatically
Hi all, I have a workbook that has infomation imported in from access. the info is as shown session date Amount Due Comments 1 1/1/05 234 11 Good 2 2/2/05 123 7 Not so Good this goe's on for 12 sessions. what I need is for excel to check the session on this worksheet 'Import1' against the 'Main Sheet' cellA1 and which ever one matches then the comment is entered into 'Main Sheet' Cell F62. hope that makes sense. Cheers. Alan In cell F62 of Main Sheet, put this formu...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

Text to column and paste special transpose
Hi All, I have 1 table like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34,U36,U43 00013-001 2 U16,U21 12505-001 3 U32,U33,U42 12512-001 3 U5,U6,U27 and 1 want it to become like this item_number qty ref 00010-001 3 U34 00010-001 3 U36 00010-001 3 U43 00013-001 2 U16 00013-001 2 U21 12505-001 3 U32 12505-001 3 U33 12505-001 3 U42 12512-001 3 U5 12512-001 3 U6 12512-001 3 U27 Anybody can help me to program it in macro.. usually i do it manually and have to redo again do to careless. After using Text to Columns on Column C.......comma delimited.........Run the Reorganize macro. Sub ReOrganize...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

CDaoTableDef
I'm developing an application that uses the MicroSoft Access Jet DB engine. This is being done using C++ in VS.net. I need to change the user's db when they use the new version of the program. In particular I need to change the length of a text field in a pre-existing db without loosing the user's data. When I wanted to add a new field I used CDaoTableDef and it worked fine, but I can't locate a method to just update an existing field's properties. Any Ideas on how this can be done?? Thanks, Neil Neil if you need to alter the attributes of a tabledef object, you ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Parsing Text When Only One Character Can Be Used To Search
Hello: I've spent a couple of hours looking on this site, and have found some excellent new tips, but still need to ask for assistance. I have a series of text rows containing one string that I need to parse. There are no characters I can use as delimeters (inconsistent), and there is no consistent use of text qualifiers; it's in effect, free form text. Here's a sample record ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ FROM per_requisitions_v@appslink req2, per_vacancies@appslink vac2, What I need to pull from this string is --...

Expanding Text Box
One one slide: I need to click on title 1 and have a text box appear...then disappear when I click on title 2...and so on. Without using a macro, how can I achieve this? Thank you. Use Custom Animation to set entrance and exit on mouse click, the exact steps would be somewhat dependent on the version of PP your are using. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Good riddance! Their drawings sucked and they looked like hippies." "Gina" <Gina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA63087D-5125-4...

Create New Report
Hi there, To set the scene, i'm using web client of 4.0, and i'm not a programmer. Currently, out-of-the-box functionality allows you to run a report called "Quote" which presents the data in a good format, almost good enough to hand to a customer. What I need is this report, but with our logo's embedded, and a few fields added/moved/removed, but i can't figure out how to edit layout options or content options, and I can't even seem to create a similar report from scratch (as they all appear to relate to exisitng XML reports out of the box). I'll be...

subtotal copy and paste

How do I change the text in a workbook from upper to lower case
Hi Please can anyone help with this one! I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no formulas) and I have done it in caps but now want to change all the text to lower case without having to re-type it all. Excel hslp is confusing so can anyone tell me how to do it please Thanks Mike Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mike wrote: > Hi > > Please can anyone help with this one! > > I have a large workbook that I have created (just with text - no > formulas) and I have done it in caps but now...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Assign Numeric Value to Text
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a way to assign numberical values to 2 different letters (i.e. A equal to 1, B equal to 2). Then what I am looking to do with this is add up, all the letters in numerical value, in a column and get a total on 1 row and then the average on a 2nd row. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Happy New Years! :D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For a range A1:A100 with just one letter in each cell:- =SUMPRODUCT(CODE(UPPER($A$1:$A$100))-64) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spe...