chart template problems

When I save a chart template out in ppt 2007, it only seems to hold the
colors and style of the default series. For instance, in a line chart, the
first 3 series are the colors I have set along with the right line style and
marker type. But if I add more series, they default to random colors (it
doesn't even seem to be pulling from the color palette). When I was
customizing the chart, I made sure all the fills and lines were a specific
color and not set to automatic. When I insert a chart using the saved chart
template, however, it only holds some of the styles. Any ideas??

It's the way they work. It's one reason I don't recommend chart templates,
as much as I'd like to.

You can set the chart template to have more series than your client will
use. Then tell them to reapply the chart template after they add all their
data.

"rg @ duarte" <rgduarte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I save a chart template out in ppt 2007, it only seems to hold the
> colors and style of the default series. For instance, in a line chart, the
> first 3 series are the colors I have set along with the right line style
> and
> marker type. But if I add more series, they default to random colors (it
> doesn't even seem to be pulling from the color palette). When I was
> customizing the chart, I made sure all the fills and lines were a specific
> color and not set to automatic. When I insert a chart using the saved
> chart
> template, however, it only holds some of the styles. Any ideas??

0
Echo
3/27/2010 12:00:36 PM
Ok I see. So the chart template will only allow you to customize the default
data? And if the chart template only saves the formatting for say the first
three categories, will it really work when they reapply the template to their
data?

"Echo S" wrote:

> It's the way they work. It's one reason I don't recommend chart templates,
> as much as I'd like to.
>
> You can set the chart template to have more series than your client will
> use. Then tell them to reapply the chart template after they add all their
> data.
>
> --
> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>

> "rg @ duarte" <rgduarte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I save a chart template out in ppt 2007, it only seems to hold the
> > colors and style of the default series. For instance, in a line chart, the
> > first 3 series are the colors I have set along with the right line style
> > and
> > marker type. But if I add more series, they default to random colors (it
> > doesn't even seem to be pulling from the color palette). When I was
> > customizing the chart, I made sure all the fills and lines were a specific
> > color and not set to automatic. When I insert a chart using the saved
> > chart
> > template, however, it only holds some of the styles. Any ideas??

You can set up a chart template for more series. But if you create a chart
based on the default dummy data, then apply a chart template, then add more
data series, the new ones don't follow the chart template. But you can apply
the chart template again, and the new series will then receive whatever was
applied as the chart template formatting for those series... (I know, it's
really a mess. Every time I work with them, I get even more frustrated with
the developers, I swear.)

> Ok I see. So the chart template will only allow you to customize the
> default
> data? And if the chart template only saves the formatting for say the
> first
> three categories, will it really work when they reapply the template to
> their
> data?
>
> "Echo S" wrote:
>
>> It's the way they work. It's one reason I don't recommend chart
>> templates,
>> as much as I'd like to.
>>
>> You can set the chart template to have more series than your client will
>> use. Then tell them to reapply the chart template after they add all
>> their
>> data.
>>
>> --
>> Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com
>> What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm
>> Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd
>> PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx
>>

>> "rg @ duarte" <rgduarte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I save a chart template out in ppt 2007, it only seems to hold the
>> > colors and style of the default series. For instance, in a line chart,
>> > the
>> > first 3 series are the colors I have set along with the right line
>> > style
>> > and
>> > marker type. But if I add more series, they default to random colors
>> > (it
>> > doesn't even seem to be pulling from the color palette). When I was
>> > customizing the chart, I made sure all the fills and lines were a
>> > specific
>> > color and not set to automatic. When I insert a chart using the saved
>> > chart
>> > template, however, it only holds some of the styles. Any ideas??

0
Echo

Legend on Chart

Demographic chart?

Multiple Selecting Problem
Hi, I'm trying to select multiple accounts to send direct mail to...normally ctrl + click multiple accounts would do this. When I ctrl + click it opens a new browser window instead of selecting another account. This seems to only be problem on my computer. How do I fix this? Check your mouse settings to make sure you haven't changed the functions of the buttons on it -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan B" wrote: > Hi, > I'm trying to select multiple accounts to send direct mail to...normally > ctrl + click multiple accoun...

Excel 2007 Line Chart with Markers

Charting/ Graph question

Chart in Chart

How do I create a chart....

Ingenico Pin pad problem
Hello there We have 2 samples of Ingenico Pin pad models 3070 and 3380. My boss has given these samples to me without any other CD or document. Now I am completely confused. I should customize the device. I have downloaded 2 documents from Ingenico website but they don't have the details I need. Does any one have useful documents about the way of the installation the device and configure it? When I connect the device to COM port, Nothing happens.I think my PC can't detect it. Should I install any special driver for the device? Can I develop a program for this device without its SDK? As...

Problem in opening the Connectivity Options....
Using - Wince 6.0 Visual studio 2005. When i click "Connectivity Options..." i get a popup window "Platform Builder was unable to read the device settings from the Datastore" (This is popped up by c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common 7\IDE\devenv.exe I have searched for this topic and tried the suggested solutions such as deleting the folder CoreCon under Document and settings directories etc. But nothing seems to work... Should I have to reinstall the Wince 6.0 ? or Visual Studio 2005 ? This problem started when I had to reinstall the vi...

Date Problem #2
When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest of the dates I have typed in. Can anyone please tell me why? I am using Excel from Office 2000 on XP Home Operating System. If that is referring to the 31st of November, unless there is a new leap year for November, Excel would be confused. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Gary Pickett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29ECE7C-4333-4D8D-818F-EF29CD835845@microsoft.com... > When I type 31/11/03 in a cell it will not follow the same format as the rest ...

PRINT PREVIEW PROBLEM #3
I am unable to view my entire page when opening "Print Preview." Only about 3/4 of the page shows. HELP!! ...

Chart items moving around

How To Chart A Formula in Excel 2007

personal.xls problem
I was working with macro's yesterday now any excel workbook i open also opens the file personal.xls. How can I stop this from opening? A If there is a Personal.xls file in the correct folder, then Excel will open it. However, this workbook normally open in hidden mode. Try Window|Hide and close Excel. Does Personal.XLS show its face? Best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Andr´┐Ż" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29d5b01c46513$c5b5da70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I was working with macro'...

Problem Sending Through Secured SMTP Server
Hello all, I'm trying to configure a second SMTP connector on our Exchange 2003 Server that will allow our non-Outlook users to connect an send mail through, but I've run into a relay problem. The second connector is on its own IP address, has SSL enabled, has Anonymous access disabled, and allows both basic and Windows Integrated authentication. I've allowed the "Authenticated Users" and "SELF" security principals submit and relay permissions. I've also turned off the "allow all computers which successfully authenticate..." option (alth...

Initial Install CRM Problems.
I'm trying to install CRM 1.2 for the first time on a W2003 Server. I receive the message "You must be a member of Domain Administrator group. Make sure computer is joined to domain and you are logged on to a domain administrator account" I've installed SQL with no problems and even when I logg on as Administrator I can't install CRM. Would appreciate suggestions. Richard Is the CRM server joined to an domain? Are you logged on as the Domain Administrator?- merely being the local CRM server Administrator will not do Installing SQL does not have these requirements...

Workflow making a note on Assign in a Case problem
I have a couple of simple workflow actions on Assign in a Case. One sends an email and that works fine. Now I want to add a simple action to create a note with the Owner and case status so that I get a simple audit trail by looking at the notes. However, this workflow does not fire automatically when I select "Assign to a User" in the Assign to... pop up window. Only when I select to manual fire it selecting the first option in the Window it works. When I include this "make note action" to my first (working) workflow "send email action", also that one stops ...

attachment problems #3
New Inpiron 8600. Having problems with email attachments that I send. Some recipients don't receive the attachments, others receive them, but they open in MIME instead of the program in which the file was created. Any ideas? I certainly would appreciate it. S Don't use rich text format - send in plain text or html. SSteen wrote: > New Inpiron 8600. Having problems with email attachments > that I send. Some recipients don't receive the > attachments, others receive them, but they open in MIME > instead of the program in which the file was created. Any > ideas?...

create chart from external application
Hi, I would like to know if this is possible.... I have an application that contains an hierarchical chart. I would like to export this data into a format that Visio can *understand*, and then import it into Visio and have it display in a hierarchical manner. Does any body know if this is possible to do. .....or, if there is another way of getting my data into Visio, can you please let me know. Thanks. Here is an article that describes how to automate the org chart wizard, and how to format your data: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/spotlight5_July00.aspx Hope ...

print a chart over multiple pages
I am trying to stretch a chart over multiple pages, but i just can't get it to work. I have tried all i can think including attempting to print areas individually. Any ideas? i'm using excel 2003. Thanks Hi, If the chart is on a chart page, this will not work. If the chart is embedded on a sheet, and you select the chart, it will not work. What you need to do is embed the chart and then select the range "behind - under" the chart, then you can use all of the print options, thereby printing one chart across multiple pages. Cheers, Shane "OEB1527" <O...