Blank areas near Excel pie charts when printed

I have XP SP3 and Office 2007 and HP LaserJet M3035 printer with PCL6 driver.
When I print a presentation or slide some of the slides with linked Excel
pie charts will make text, borders, etc. that are near it disappear.  So far,
the only way I've seen to reproduce the event is to have Office 2007 SP2 and
a PCL driver installed.  It can be printed with High Quality and with or
without the various options listed in PowerPoint Options -> Advanced -> Print.

The workarounds I've found are to uninstall Office 2007 SP2 and go back to
SP1 or use the printers PostScript driver.  I don't want to use the PS driver
since it takes longer to print certain files.

promeno

Starting Excel Problem
Hi All! I have installed windows XP followed by SP2. So I installed Office 2003. Every time I start excel it shows me a message saying "Instalando : recurso do Microsoft Excel" (In English is "Installing : Component (or resource) of Microsoft Excel" I think). It happens every time I start excel and take a minute and it is annoying me very much. Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance Everton Brasil ...

Excel won't allow me to delete a worksheet. Why?
I have a file that has several unnecessary worksheets to be deleted. I've checked the worksheet protection setting, and "unrestricted access" is checked. yet, I can't delete the worksheets. Am I missing something? "Protect Structure and Windows" is grayed out, so I'm at a loss. Please help. Remove or disable the Sharing and try. Before removing the sharing make sure that no persons should be connected with that file other than you, since it will cause data loss if any of the users didn’t save the workbook. Remember to Click Yes, if t...

Printing right to the edge of the page without borders???
I have an image that I need to print to the exact page size (A5). I have changed the image dimensions to match the page dimensions but when I print it keeps cutting part of the iamge off?? Does anyone know how I can fix this?? Sharina wrote: > I have an image that I need to print to the exact page size (A5). I > have changed the image dimensions to match the page dimensions but > when I print it keeps cutting part of the iamge off?? Does anyone > know how I can fix this?? ======================== Maybe your printer doesn't print full bleed (edge to edge)? "How to find ...

change default city (area) code in contacts
I somehow changed the default city (area) code for phone numbers in my contacts and don't know how to change it back. Anyone have an answer? -- Ricardo_rn Outlook uses the settings you specified for your operating system. We have no idea what operating system you are using. -- Russ Valentine "Ricardo_rn" <ricardo_rn> wrote in message news:318EC60D-922D-4CF3-B10A-FECD8FA6C4DB@microsoft.com... >I somehow changed the default city (area) code for phone numbers in my > contacts and don't know how to change it back. Anyone have an answer? > -- &...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

Comparing a set of charts according to the size of each chart
Hi all, i have a simple question, i have a set of data (sales of different categories for each month of the year) i would like to make a chart (ideally pie chart) for each month, and arrange the chart for each month next ot one another, my question is: is there a way i can change the size of each chart to reflect the total sales of that month, for example, if oct sales is half of nov, then the whole pie chart of oct would be half in size to that of the pie of nov? it need not to be pie chart, bar charts would be ok. thanks in advance This might be useful to you: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel...

Memory Limit -- Excel 2003
Does anyone know the memory limit (heap space) for Excel 2003? I know from MSKB 313275 that the limit for Excel 2002 is officially 128MB, but no spcifications for Excel 2003 are provided. I've already looked at the Decision Models web site ... I'd like something official if available. Thanks, Data Jockey ...

Ttransferring excel from win98 to win2000 to excel 95
I can transfer my files from win98 computer to win2000 with Excel 95 but I can,t pull up the file ...

pi symbol as a chart label
Colleagues, Am i able to insert the Pi symbol in to an excel worksheet and use it in a chart Xaxis labels eg: pi/2,pi,3pi/2,2pi. If so what are the keystrokes please. thank you tyrone patterson pi can be displayed by typing lower-case "p" in Symbol font. -- Richard J. (to e-mail me, swap uk and yon in address) Tyrone Patterson wrote: > Colleagues, > > Am i able to insert the Pi symbol in to an excel worksheet > and use it in a chart Xaxis labels eg: pi/2,pi,3pi/2,2pi. > > If so what are the keystrokes please. > > thank you > > tyrone patterso...

Producing Avery labels in Excel
I have an excel document with approx 200 rows of info and 7 columns. the first three columns are name, street name and city - state- zip. I would like to export the first three column of each row into an Avery label. We need to do a mass mailing, how do I go about this. We are using Office 2002. Thanks. Anthony Anthony, do a mail merge to word For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSo...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

Two Excel 2007 problems..
1st - When I open Excel multiple files open in the same instance of the program. How do I make the open in a separate instance? I have a dual monitor setup. I'd like to be able to open two files, and have one on one window, one on another. 2nd - In trying to find a solution for the above, I did something and now everytime I open a file it tries to open 3 files that do not exist anymore, thus I have to click OK 3 times everytime I start up Excel. How do I fix this? I know I went into Tools, Folder Options, File Types, but can't seem to get rid of the problem in there. ...

Printing Issues
I am having a problem when I print from Excel it comes out in all one color. For example if I type in cell A1 'ball' and make the font black. On cell A2 I type in 'base' and will make the font gray. When I print this out on a laster printer it all comes out in black, with no side of gray for cell A2. However, I have tried this in Word and Powerpoint and it print out in two different color(black and gray) with the same laser printer. However it does not do this in Excel. Any ideas or suggestions to remedy this issue? Trung Open up page set up, go to the Sheet Tab and...

Multiple Charts That React to Custom Excel Filters?
Fellow Forum Members, Not sure if this is the is the proper subforum to post in or if my Keyword title is adequate, maybe the forum admin could address these concerns. I'm using Excel 2007 and my objective is to setup a trading log that tracks my performance with charts that dynamically update to applied custom date range filters. The link below shows screenshots of what I'm trying to emulate with Excel 2007. http://www.fxtraderlog.com/screenshots.htm I have all my trading data laid out in a tabular format simlar to what is shown in the top screenshot. My tabular layout differ...

Excel.exe application error
When I try to run VBA code I often get this message: Excel.Exe Application Error The instruction at "0x3005fc4b" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the progam Click on CANCEL to debug the program If I quit Excel and restart and try to reload the workbook I get the message that the workbook is in use. Sometimes deleting temporary internet files helps. Sometimes I have to reboot. What's causing this and what can I do to solve the problem. It happens quite a lot. ...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

How can I e-mail multiple persons whose addresses are in excel?
I have a list of students in one excel file. One column is dedicated for their e-mail addresses. Is there anyway to send an e0mail message to all students on the file at once? When I click the e-mail address, it automatically goes to Outlook with the person's address on the address. But how could I do the same for multiple addresses? Move the list of students to Outlook as a distribution list. In Excel, link to this distribution list. -- Gary's Student "RedCattledogs" wrote: > I have a list of students in one excel file. One column is dedicated for > th...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

How do I eliminate zeros from my Excel database?
I would like to average a good deal of data from my database, but do not know how to eliminate the zeros so they are not factored into my calculations. I would greatly appreciate any help on this! Thank you. Use an array formula like the following: =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A10<>0,A1:A10,FALSE)) Change the ranges to suit. Since this is an array formula, you must press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER the first time you enter the formula and whenever you edit it later. If you do this properly, Excel will display the formula enclosed in curly braces {}. -- Cordially, Chip Pearso...

Formula Help-Excel 2007
This is directions for assignment- In cell A10 type =b8 to enter formula that references cell B8. Select range A10:A21 and then create Data table with a row input cell that references cell B7 and a column input cell that references B5. I can put in the =b8 but then am usure what the next step is. I have a picture of the finished product, but just don't know how to get there. Thanks for any help you can give. Well, you must know how to, "select range A10:A21" right? - that is straightforward enough. So the next thing that you have to do is to create the Da...

Excel hangup
I am currently using excel 2000 sp3 and everytime a try to import external data. - Data - Get external data - New Database Query Excel locks up. This happens in ever workbook even a new workbook. I've looked in the event viewer and I see a message: Hanging application EXCEL.EXE, version 9.0.0.8924, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000. I have try to remove office and add it back in with no help. It seems to be in a profile, If I login as somelse it works fine. Any ideas what is happening here and how to correct it. It is now happening to 3 people here that I&...

Excel 2007 is SLOW in responding
I have a spread sheet that contains over 3000 rows of data. I have graphs that show the data. (date and amount) When I click on the graph to update the rows, it takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 miinutes to update. I am presently using Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell Insprion 530 duo core processor with 4GB of memory at 2.33 GHZ. Should be enough memory and processing power, but it really seems to bog down. Any ideas? -- Dick On Sep 17, 1:20 am, Dick <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a spread sheet that contains over 3000 rows of data. > I have graphs...

E-mailing excel templates?
I use Excel to track and compile my billing info, but use Word to invoice my costomers by e-mail. Transfering data from Eexcel to Word has become combersome and error prone. The obvious answer is to use Excel invoice templates, can these templates be displayed by PCs that donot have Excel installed? No. Each computer must have Excel installed. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "StevePMB" <StevePMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:827725A5-423F-4949-92BE-3F51E3F0ADFD@microsoft.com... &...

Re:excel attachment problem
I have a problem with opening an excel file attachment on Outlook Express. All other attachments are fine. Error message: Cannot find the file C:\Windows\temporary Internet Files\Content Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. How do I correct this? If you have a solution, please let me know? I've had different anomalies occur when I've tried the same thing directly from OE6. I don't know the precise answer but I've found that it worked OK if I detached them and opened from wherever they are placed. -- Regards; Rob...