Bars in bar graph are not centered on label

I have created a bar graph in PowerPoint 2000.  The problem is that the bars
appear randomly between the tick marks for each month, rather than appearing
in the center of the appropriate space, and there seems to be no rhyme or
reason as to why they appear where they do.  Some are to the left of center,
some are to the right.

Can anyone tell me how to get the bars centered between the tick marks?  The
axis labels are centered, why aren't the bars?
-1

Hi,

Could be the axis is being plotted as Time series rather than Category.
Right click chart and pick Chart Options. On Axes tab set the axis to
Category rather than Automatic.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

-2
Andy

Report (Line Graph) of Total Value of Portfolio on a Daily Basis?
I would like to plot the Total Value of all assets in my portfolio on a line graph over time. I can do this for individual stocks or other assets, but not the sum(total value) of all assets. Is it possible to plot the sum of all assets in a line graph? Mike H ...

Change bars color
Hello, I have a dinamic chart to show the cash flow position, a scrool bar chagne the data to the past and to the future (estimate), what I am looking for is, to have an easy identification of the estimated period I would like to chage the color of the bar. I am using an Stacked Column chart with two variables. any Ideias? -- regards from Brazil Thanks in advance for your feedback. Marcelo What I usually do when I want to show a column chart with one color within a certain range and another color elsewhere, is create two series, one each color, and use formulas to change on series ...

Can the color of the Command Bar be changed?
When you open up a window to show the contents of a folder, just below the usual Menu Bar is the Command Bar with menus like "Organize" and "Views." That Command Bar has a sickly blue-green color. Is there any way to change the color of the Command Bar? At the very least, I would like that color to be less saturated. -- Steven L. ...

DATE sort bar has disappeared from SENT box
I've inexplicably lost my DATE sort bar in my SENT box. Outlook 2002, XP Pro. I've dug here and scratched there, but cannot uncover an answer as to why it's missing and how to get it back. Hit the OfficeUpdate.com website to engage in Office XP SP 1 and/or 2...I'm current, but alas, still no DATE sort bar in the SENT folder. One little bar--so valuable--so easily mis-placed! Thanks for any advice-- Timmo in AK Try right-clicking in the gray title bar, then select to customize your current view. Click on the "Fields" button to see the list of available fi...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

graph control needed
hi i want a graph control to draw a linear and smooth graph.I am using MFC. any kind of guidance is appreciated.... check this: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/mschartvc.asp regards, Jayender. quickdeveloper wrote: > hi > > i want a graph control to draw a linear and smooth graph.I am using > MFC. > any kind of guidance is appreciated.... This one might be interesting to you as well: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/cpp/cpp_mfc/general/article.php/c8535/ Tom "quickdeveloper" <nvamshikrishna@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137499093.575651.292350@g43g...

a frame window with its title bar on the top of its menu bar (overlapped) ...
Hi, This is related to a previous post of mine, for which I got a lot of help from people but the problem was still not resolved. I am reducing the problem to the following piece of code with only one class (CFrameWnd) involved. Please bear with me to look into the problem one more time. HINSTANCE h = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle(_T("current.dll"))); CFrameWnd *pFrm = (CFrameWnd*)RUNTIME_CLASS(CFrameWnd)->CreateObject(); pFrm->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE); pFrm->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); AfxSetResourceHand...

Graph an Equation #2
How Can I Graph from an Equation in Excel? Ex: P=-.0056Q + 12 or P=.0033Q + 8 Thank you in advance for any help! Mike Take a look at the answer you got when you asked the identical question on Tuesday. If you can't find it, search the archives: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel* using your name in the Author field. If the answer doesn't work for you, post back with an explanation of why not, what you've tried, etc. In article <10uvqcs74fj692b@corp.supernews.com>, "Michael Kintner" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: ...

X error bar
Hello, I can find in Format Data Series the 'Y Error Bar' but nowhere can I fnd the 'X Error Bar'. How can I get this one? Office 2000. Thank you Hi Daniel, In order to have x error bars you need to use the xy scatter chart. Cheers Andy Daniel wrote: > Hello, I can find in Format Data Series the 'Y Error Bar' but nowhere can I > fnd the 'X Error Bar'. How can I get this one? > > Office 2000. > > Thank you > > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How do you add error bars?
when i select my data series on my table, no selected data series appears under format Instead of selecting the series on the table (whatever that means), try selecting the data series in the chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta MS MVP Excel 2000-2004 www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office In article <08ef01c3a991$89241060$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > when i select my data series on my table, no selected > data series appears under format > ...

How do I show status bar on Publisher 2003?
The Status Bar in Publisher 2003 which is at the bottom of the screen and shows many page numbers suddenly vanished. I see no way of makling it reappear. This toolbar was called "Status Bar' in Office 2000 - Publisher'. There is no reference to this item in Pub 2003. 2. Pub 2003 has slowed down almost to a halt. If I insert a woed text file, it takes a couple of minutes per page; and then, even after a long wait, it does not insert all pages of the inserted document. It has to be done manually. 3. While using Pub 2003, the response to move from one page to another, appear...

graphs from multiple worksheet : query
Hi all, if you copy a graph from an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document as a Excel object so that you can modify it from the Word doc itself, do you know whether it is possible to add a new worksheet to the underlying excel document, and make the word doc recognize the updated file? Apparently, when I update the spreadsheet adding a new worksheet, and then I open an old graph on the word document, referring to the previous excel document, it does not see the new sheet on the excel, but considers only the document from which the graph comes from. I would like to be able to modify the exc...

display dots inside a cell in graph form but without Excel graph?
I got a request from a user to display dots like a trend graph -- in a cell adjacent to another cell in a row - for each of several rows. The dots don't vary too much, and I was thinking I could draw these dots on VBA label controls and place these labels in the cell for each row. Actually, I'm not sure if I could draw dots inside of a VBA label control. My other alternative would be to create a custom label in .Net an add that as a custom control to Excel. Is there something simpler I could do within Excel before I go crazy with .Net on this? Thanks, Rich You c...

Stacked bar, bar and line graph
I am trying to create a chart with the following data: Series 1-8 with bars Series 9-10 with stacked bars (two different data) Series 1-10 with a line across all Is this possible in one chart? This should give you ideas: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/08/07/clustered-stacked-column-combo-chart-with-lines/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECE4C227-CB81-46F7-9D4E-B07ED353AFD2@microsoft.com... ...

Getting "Accounts" on menu bar
My girlfriend has an "Accounts" button on her menu tool bar (not sure which one, advanced, standard???) which allows her to select which account she's sending an e- mail "from". I can't find a way to find that item to put on the menu bar. Please help. This is available in Outlook 2002 and later. What version are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching googl...

data series and axis labels
I will try my best to ask this question in a way that makes sense- I have a line chart showing monthly sales. My X axis is labeled Jan - Dec and my data series is the sales by month. I have figures for Jan Feb Mar and Apr but since May - Dec are at $0 my chart currently shows a straight line down from Apr to May. Is it possible to stop the line at April yet keep the axis showing Jan - Dec? Thanks! On Thu, 10 May 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, cdwinlib <cdwinlib@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have a line chart showing monthly sales. My X axis is labeled Jan - ...

Status Bar
I am trying to fix a db created by someone else. Somehow, I'm hoping you can explain, they disabled the status bar. I check the Options and it is still checked??? What other means could be used to disable it? How can I make it visible again. QB QB, Two places... Start-Up Properties and Tools - Options... one of those is unchecked. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "QB" <QB@discussions.micros...

Vary bar colors by bar
I would like to vary the colors on a bar chart by bar. The chart plots 7 points agains a standard. The standard has the value of 100. The points change based on information received weekly. This will cause the bars to, sometimes, be above the standard and, sometimes, below the standard. How can I force the bars to change colors with every update so that when the bar goes over the chart it will be green but when it falls below the chart it will be red? Tim Hi, Have a look at Jon's example of conditional charting. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy ...

Automated task to present data in a graph form.
Hi, I am newbie to Excel area. I got a requirement where in I need to present the Excel sheet data with 3 columns in a graphical form. Everyday, the excel sheet is populated with the current data. This is automated from the backend. I want to know whether there is any possibility of a macro which draws a graph with the data present in the excel sheet. It should be an automated task. Thanks for the help in advance. -- luckyguy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ luckyguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=285...

Address Label
I want to add a button to the contact and order forms which will extract the name and address fields and automaticaly insert them into a template. I would like the template to format as a label which can go directly to a specific printer (label printer). Any ideas, or has anyone done this before? ...

floating bar chart?
how do I create a floating bar chart to display the data bars as columns instead of rows? selecting the row button does not display the data correctly. Make a stacked column chart On chart, double click lower data series; format to have No Pattern and No Border best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karol" <Karol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4CA4496-860B-499F-A472-34385E628FDA@microsoft.com... > how do I create a floating bar chart to display the data bars as columns > instead of rows? selecting the ...

"Calculation" in status bar
I have one woorkbook that the "Calculation" lite in the status bar stays on. I do not have "manual calculation" turned on. How can I fix? Not sure if this is the issue... XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243495&Product=xlw HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "rich" <rmeyer@glenoaksescrow.com> wrote in message news:2da801c4ad68$639ec4d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have one woorkbook that the "Calculation" lite in the > status bar ...

formula bar location
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My formula bar sits immediately below the menu bar. When file open, they are &quot;under&quot; the formula bar so that the minimize/close buttons and file name are not visible. Is there any way to adjust the view settings so the files open below the formula bar? <br><br>Many thanks. The most common reason is that the Formula Bar is not really 'docked' at the bottom edge of the Menu Bar. Grab its left edge & drag it further up until it "snaps" into position. The o...

Scroll bars disapear
Im sorry but am very new at excel. My scroll bars on the left and at the bottom have disapeared and I cannot get them back. Also the little thingy at the bottom of excel that allows you to select thru different sheets is gone. Its drving me up the wall and I cant figure it out.... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance Jen Jen, try tools options, and see if scroll bars and sheet tabs are checked -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always ap...

Title bar icon
Here's a question, it's not real important, but kinda bugs me. How can I make the title bar icon be my own custom 16x16 rather than the scaled down version of my standard icon? Edit IDR_MAINFRAME to whatever you want. There are two sizes of this icon. Edit the 16x16 size if you only want to change the smaller icon. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mkennedy1102" <Mkennedy1102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3483866-A04B-4D9C-BD83-354B7605C9E9@microsoft.com... > Here's a question, it's not real important, but kinda bugs m...