Z Report Does Not Print but the X Report prints fine

I just upgraded to RMS 2.0
One of the problems I'm having is i can not print the z report.
When i processes it it shows "No receipt to display" in journal.
It does reset the total so the function itself is working.
The strange part is that i have no problem printing the X report.
As far as i know both Z and X use the same report template.
How can i fix this
Thanks

0
Robert4087 (350)
8/18/2007 4:20:07 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi Robert, go to Database> Cashier and then select the user having this
issue, go donw to security and make sure that "Allow to generate the Z & ZZ
reports" are checked this is the frist step you have to do. Then go to
Database> Register> and Receipt Format make sure that correct format is
specified.

"Robert" wrote:

> I just upgraded to RMS 2.0
> One of the problems I'm having is i can not print the z report.
> When i processes it it shows "No receipt to display" in journal.
> It does reset the total so the function itself is working.
> The strange part is that i have no problem printing the X report.
> As far as i know both Z and X use the same report template.
> How can i fix this
> Thanks

0
AkberAlwani (916)
8/20/2007 7:58:04 AM
Thank for your help but this did not resolve the issue.

Security does not apply here since the program perfroms the z report action
just does not print the report. ( totals are reset after running it)

Receipt format is the same for Z and X report meaning  that the correct one
is selected, since x report prints fine.

Any other ideas ?

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi Robert, go to Database> Cashier and then select the user having this
> issue, go donw to security and make sure that "Allow to generate the Z & ZZ
> reports" are checked this is the frist step you have to do. Then go to
> Database> Register> and Receipt Format make sure that correct format is
> specified.
>

> "Robert" wrote:
>
> > I just upgraded to RMS 2.0
> > One of the problems I'm having is i can not print the z report.
> > When i processes it it shows "No receipt to display" in journal.
> > It does reset the total so the function itself is working.
> > The strange part is that i have no problem printing the X report.
> > As far as i know both Z and X use the same report template.
> > How can i fix this
> > Thanks

0
Robert4087 (350)
8/23/2007 5:44:01 PM
The Z report is being printed. For some reason, when you select to print the
Z report, and go to Journal, you have to choose Lookup, select the correct
date, and then select the z report. You can then see the Z report. The X
report populates the journal automatically. Not sure why it works like that,
but it does. Let me know if that helps.

"Robert" wrote:

> I just upgraded to RMS 2.0
> One of the problems I'm having is i can not print the z report.
> When i processes it it shows "No receipt to display" in journal.
> It does reset the total so the function itself is working.
> The strange part is that i have no problem printing the X report.
> As far as i know both Z and X use the same report template.
> How can i fix this
> Thanks

0
Catzilla (20)

Access 2003 export report into Word then edit file
Hi, I've spent a good few hours searching and trying to work this out but so far no joy. I need to export an MS Access report with borders, colouring and detail in it's exact format, into Word, then I need to be able to edit text in the word file. Also I have a grouping levels in my report. I downloaded and tested the A2K2ReportUtilitiesver2 from lebans.com, and can see it keeps the formatting when exporting to word which is great, but exports the report as a picture into the Word file, whereas I need to be able to edit the text. I know very little about programming in VBA, and copie...

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

MPQ on a Store or HQ Report
I need to be able to make up order sheets for staff to use on the shop floor when doing orders, i cant find any reports which have MPQ availalbe which i really need.... any ideas? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0662_01C6F88C.112F4BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Philip, What report are you looking for it to be on? --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you ...

only print one copy when I ask for more in Publisher 2003
Using Publisher 2003 and an epson RX640 all in one printer. If I ask for more than 1 copy of a page, I only get 1 copy printed. Have tried updated drivers plus Publisher is up to date too. When you say "tried" were you successful? Did you completely remove your driver before installing/re-installing. There is a driver and support documents on the Epson web site http://esupport.epson-europe.com/GettingStarted.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=47D8EC2E1F3A7CF92D3ACE6B9815AE7F7CA76F140945C72F07A8988D4173374D Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.s...

FA Reports
When I print FA Inventory List report, or for that matter any report from fixed asset module to cannon printers, the font on the report seem to overlap each other but the same report would print fine on HP printers!. Also, all other reports in GL/AP/AR module print fine even to cannon printer. Is this a printer setting issue or FA report issue and how to fix it. thanks in advance ...

Installing Issue "application error reporting"
When installing the CRM on an SBS I am getting this alert as a required component: "Microsoft application error reporting" Version 11.0.5510 I am not sure where to download this... Larry Hello CRM-Larry, when you run the Setup and yo get this message: Microsoft application error reporting" Version 11.0.5510 You should find an install button on the lower right side of this window. When you click on this, the setup should install this component. I hope this might help you. Thomas CRM-Larry wrote: > When installing the CRM on an SBS I am getting this alert as a > re...

Can't filter report by custom field
I am trying to filter account records by a custom date field. However, when I apply the filter I get a crystal error saying that the field cannot be found. Is there some limitation on reporting using custom fields? -Jason Yes Jason you need the crystal reports 9.2.2 and modify the reports (*.rpt) with custom fields. do... < verify database> i hope this help to you Carlos consultoria CRM Axxonconsulting Argentia "Jason Beckett" <jasonb@fredericksbenefits.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:eiB2Fi8qEHA.3940@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am trying to filter account reco...

text boxes don't show in print preview and don't print, either
I can see any text boxes on my screen -- everything looks normal. However, I can't see them in print preview and they don't print, either. Tools | Options | Print: Drawing objects. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "church lady" <church lady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59997494-871B-4992-AD0C-57D9F0598A72@microsoft.com... >I can see any text boxes on my screen -- everything looks normal. However, >I > can't see them in print preview and they don...

"Z Report" Report
We would like to monitor when our stores close out for the day. Is there a way for us to generate a report that shows when the Z's were created by register? Rick, This should probably be fairly simple to create as an RMS report. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "Rick@ASP" <RickASP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0CAFB96-AA6D-4F76-86FE-99518E4E4AA1@microsoft.com... > We would like to monitor when our stor...

Reporting Services not installed
Hi all, I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, display it and then hit print I get an popup box saying.... "Do you want to install this software? Name: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services" Can anyone help please Thanks Jools There's an ActiveX control each client machine needs in order to print SQL Reports from CRM. It's a one-time 5-second install. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jools" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, ...

Reports.dic file
I have just upgraded from Dynamics 7.0 to Great Plains 8.0 and when I login I keep getting an error message "Reports.dic needs to be upgraded using Great Plains Utilities". I attempted that and point to the dynamics.set dictionary but when I log back into Great Plains, I still get the same message. Any idea how to get rid of that error message? Also, I'm not sure if that is why I cannot see a particular window for Analytical Accounting. The setup instructions said to go Transactions>>Financial>>Analytical Accounting>>Edit Analysis but I don't see Ana...

A-Z, Z-A, buttons
The A-Z, Z-A buttons are a very useful feature, that I use to sor columns within blocks of data without having to go through the dat sort menu. I have a large block of data, with no gaps, which I have used for ove 5 years, so it's well tried and tested. Now for some reason when I use the A-Z buttons it won't include the to three rows in the sort. This has happened a couple of times before with just the top row and m solution has been to delete it completely and insert it lower dow within the block. What is the cause of this problem. I'm sure there is a simple solution. Thanks...

populate an unbound control in a report
I have been round and round with this and think I've exhausted this site or at least myself with this; I am trying to populate 3 controls using vba (will expand to five sets of three but once I get these three the rest should be easy I hope) the recordset is based on a query used to compile original data from multiple tables and also generate a ranking within subgroups - end goal to populate the fields for each subgroup on a subreport via vba. All of the fields referenced are either in the subreport or the query and are long integer except the pilotvolt and pilottemp fields w...

Money 2007
I just noticed that Money 2007 will only allow viewing of the last 12 months of Monthly reports. In Money 2003 one could select a monthly report as far back as there was information in the file. When did they eliminate that, starting in 2007? Mark Actually I think it was before M07. Why was it eliminated? One theory is that it avoids support calls about how to eliminate old reports that the caller insists simply must be taking up precious disk space. One workaround may be playing with system time temporarily. Haven't tried it, though. "Mark Fields" <mark_no_spam_...

Report on related messages
Hi There We use our email response times as a service performance indicator. At the moment it is a manual process where we check the date/time we receive an email and then when we respond. If there is more than one set of to'ing and fro'ing with the email, we report on the date/time of the first email and the date/time of the last email where the issue was resolved. I notice that there must be a mechanism linking all related messages in a string of messages and was wondering if there was any way of reporting on this? I would appreciate any help on this if anyone else had done...

Cannot Access Reports. CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 on Separated Servers
I have CRM 3.0 and MS SQL 2005 64 bits on separated servers. When i access the Reports in My Activities, appears: Error. Please contact the system administrator. -- Allan Machado Microsoft Certified Professional Hi Alan, Are you accessing your CRM using an IP address or name, if it's IP address, it will not work. It only works with name because IP don't work with Kerbero. If it's still not working, follow the white paper from Microsoft to check your SPN, etc... Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 14, 1:06 pm, Allan Macha...

HIDE WHEN I PRINT
I have a range to print. But I need two cells that has information to NOT appear tthe information when I print it. This mean that I see it in the monitor but not when I print the document. Is there some way to do this???? Regards in advance qwerty, you could change the font color to the back ground color print the sheet and then change it back. If you do this alot record a macro when you do it and then just run it next time -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is alwa...

Selecting and printing
I have a section about 30 rows long and 4 columns wide. These cells are color coded and 3 of the 4 columns are calculated cells. How can I have my user capture an image of this section, expand the font size, then print without color? Thanx!!! Paste it into Word as a picture, resize it, and print to a printer setup that's designed to only print black and white? **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "David#" <anonymous@di...

Deleting Reports in 1.2
I once received a toolkit to delete reports for the 1.0 system, and it worked fine. But now after upgrading to 1.2, I can't seem to delete reports using this same utility. Anyone know if there is a new tool we need to get for 1.2? thx, Gary Hi Gary, CRM 1.2 uses Crystal 9, not 8.5. Maybe you need a new tool. I'm deleting/updating/adding reports on CRM 1.2 in a few days, so if you don't find an answer, I'll post more info as I find out what's needed. Mike "Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message news:%23x%23mPvE4DHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl....

Enterprise Reporter
Is anyone a Guru with Enterprise Reporter? or know of any good websites with support information etc. Thanks Adam Try http://www.solverusa.com/ Or Microsoft Technical Support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Adam" wrote: > Is anyone a Guru with Enterprise Reporter? or know of any good websites with > support information etc. > > Thanks > > Adam ...

Moved Mailboxes
Exchange 2003 Standard \ Server 2003 \ 2003AD native/native \ Outlook 2003 OK, here we go. While working on a test environment I built a new Exchange server and moved the user's mailboxes over. I dropped the original Exchange server and rebuilt it as something else. Everything seems to work, but when you hit send/receive in Outlook it reports an error message of 0x8004010f. My guess is that I was supposed to do alot more work before dropping the original server. Probably something like move the public store (which didn't have anything in it anyway) and the address lists somehow....

BUDGET REPORTS CONFUSING
I just noticed that under the Budget Planner there is a View Reports option. The two reports listed are: (1) Monthly Budget and (2) Annual Budget. If you click on Monthly Budget you get your total year annual budget. If you click on Annual Budget you get your total year annual budget in the first three columns and then each month follows in the columns that follow. My natural instinct would indicate that the naming of the two reports were opposite to what they show. Anyone pick up on this before? (Shows how little I have relied on the Buget planner and all its bugs thru the years). Steve ...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

automation of PDF's for reports
I have Office 2007 and downloaded the pdf plugin for it. What I would like to do is setup an automated Access report function that would programatticaly create a .pdf from a filtered report using the name on the report as the file name, and then email the file to the person using his email addess in the database. I can find NOTHING about this anywhere and I'm not even sure where to start. Anyone got any advice? Hi, You can try using Stephan Lebans module on ReportToPdf on his website www.lebans.com I have it working great with Office 2003. What it does is take your report, conver...

Doc/View z and File Types
Hi, I have 3 doc/view template in my app: Network.document(.nfg), Screen.document(.sfg), Automation.Document(.afg). When my app is installed on target machine (using Install Shield), the 3 document file are added to the registry as File Types. In my install project I add nfgFile file type, and I have some defined parameters, this file type is added to the registry too. The problem is when I double Click an .nfg file, it is opened with the shell commands written in the Network.Document instead of the nfgFile type. It does not behave as I want, cause somehow the /dde parameter is added to the fi...