X Report Printing

Here's my problem...  I am unable to print a X, Z or ZZ report from my
office printer.  It will print to the receipt printer but I would like to be
able to print it from the office on 8.5 x 11 paper.  Does anyone have a
template for this or know how I could go about setting this up so it will
work.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

0
jeremie (14)
10/21/2004 3:05:42 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In SO Manager, Database/Registers/Receipt Formats, create a new format -
call it something like "Full Page".  Under "Receipt and Report templates",
the last entry is labeled "Report" - click the magnifying glass to browse
for a template, and select "XReport.xml" - you can leave the other items
blank if you only want to print X & Z reports to the page printer...

Edit your existing Receipt format by clearing the Report entry (Just click
the red "X" to clear the entry)...

In Database/Registers/RegisterList,open the register's properties configure
Receipt Printer 2 as a Windows printer, and point it to the office printer
you want to use.  You may have to try a couple of Printer names before you
get RMS to recognize the printer, especially if it's a shared network
printer - RMS seems to have trouble finding the printer if there are spaces
in the printer name.
Under Receipt Printing, select "Print Receipts Automatically..." .  Under
Options, select "Journal receipts from this printer" and under Receipt
Format, select the newly created full page format.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"SJ" <jeremie@capesetups.com> wrote in message
> Here's my problem...  I am unable to print a X, Z or ZZ report from my
> office printer.  It will print to the receipt printer but I would like to
> be
> able to print it from the office on 8.5 x 11 paper.  Does anyone have a
> template for this or know how I could go about setting this up so it will
> work.  Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

0
glenn1806 (721)
10/21/2004 3:32:38 PM
OK, I followed all your directions but how do you...
"point it to the office printer you want to use"  There is no browse button
to select the printer I am using.  If you could let me know the best way of
doing it - it would be really appreciated.

Thanks for all your help.

"Glenn Adams" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in message
> In SO Manager, Database/Registers/Receipt Formats, create a new format -
> call it something like "Full Page".  Under "Receipt and Report templates",
> the last entry is labeled "Report" - click the magnifying glass to browse
> for a template, and select "XReport.xml" - you can leave the other items
> blank if you only want to print X & Z reports to the page printer...
>
> Edit your existing Receipt format by clearing the Report entry (Just click
> the red "X" to clear the entry)...
>
> In Database/Registers/RegisterList,open the register's properties
configure
> Receipt Printer 2 as a Windows printer, and point it to the office printer
> you want to use.  You may have to try a couple of Printer names before you
> get RMS to recognize the printer, especially if it's a shared network
> printer - RMS seems to have trouble finding the printer if there are
spaces
> in the printer name.
> Under Receipt Printing, select "Print Receipts Automatically..." .  Under
> Options, select "Journal receipts from this printer" and under Receipt
> Format, select the newly created full page format.
>

> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "SJ" <jeremie@capesetups.com> wrote in message
> > Here's my problem...  I am unable to print a X, Z or ZZ report from my
> > office printer.  It will print to the receipt printer but I would like
> > be
> > able to print it from the office on 8.5 x 11 paper.  Does anyone have a
> > template for this or know how I could go about setting this up so it
will
> > work.  Any help would be most appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!

0
jeremie (14)
10/21/2004 5:34:42 PM
Thanks so much - I finally got it working.  This is so helpful - now I don't
have to run between places to get all the reports I need.

Thanks again - you were a huge help!

THANKS!

"Glenn Adams" <glenn@tibercreek.com.nospam> wrote in message
> In SO Manager, Database/Registers/Receipt Formats, create a new format -
> call it something like "Full Page".  Under "Receipt and Report templates",
> the last entry is labeled "Report" - click the magnifying glass to browse
> for a template, and select "XReport.xml" - you can leave the other items
> blank if you only want to print X & Z reports to the page printer...
>
> Edit your existing Receipt format by clearing the Report entry (Just click
> the red "X" to clear the entry)...
>
> In Database/Registers/RegisterList,open the register's properties
configure
> Receipt Printer 2 as a Windows printer, and point it to the office printer
> you want to use.  You may have to try a couple of Printer names before you
> get RMS to recognize the printer, especially if it's a shared network
> printer - RMS seems to have trouble finding the printer if there are
spaces
> in the printer name.
> Under Receipt Printing, select "Print Receipts Automatically..." .  Under
> Options, select "Journal receipts from this printer" and under Receipt
> Format, select the newly created full page format.
>

> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "SJ" <jeremie@capesetups.com> wrote in message
> > Here's my problem...  I am unable to print a X, Z or ZZ report from my
> > office printer.  It will print to the receipt printer but I would like
> > be
> > able to print it from the office on 8.5 x 11 paper.  Does anyone have a
> > template for this or know how I could go about setting this up so it
will
> > work.  Any help would be most appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!

0
jeremie (14)

Printing Picture Tool of Chart
I�ve started working with Dashboards using the Picture tool but can� print the information and Excel and / or the Print driver (even Adob Acrobat) squash the picture graph. If you hit print preview, the thre inch high graph is compressed to about 0.5 inch high and the sourc chart is even changed. Any ideas why this happens -- Ta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3357 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53355 Hi, Have a read of this MSKB ...

Split report into pages?
Hello, I have a CRM v4 report that groups data by account. I want to display each account on a separate page. Or ideally a separate Excel Worksheet within the same workbook! Any pointers? Thanks in advance, Marcus Robinson -- MR ICT Ltd - http://www.mrict.co.uk When you create groups in a single Table opr Matrix in SRS, you can open the Table Properties dialog, go to the Groups tab, and click the "Group Detail" button (for Tables) or the "Edit..." button (for Matrices) and specify that a Page Break occurs at the end of each group. This way, if you gorup by Acc...

"Sending messages x of x" in Outlook 2007 status bar
Hello, When I send a message in Outlook 2007, appears "sending message x of x" where x is greater than 1. I read that it seems automatic responses, but automatic responses are deactivated. Any idea? Thanks for your time, Thunder It's a bug in outlook- x-1 should = the number of email accts in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Ex...

Having Word Print Blanks
I teach school and I would like to be able to have a document where I can have the answers to questions show up on the screen but be blank when I print them out. Is there anyway I can make word leave things blank only when I print them? Have the background of your document black, and make the text white, then don't let it print the background. "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE79E8DD-FCD8-435E-8E2A-EC77E4F56416@microsoft.com... :I teach school and I would like to be able to have a document where I can : have the answers to que...

Stop print more than one copy of a report
I am trying to print only the current record with the following code and I get 2 copy of the same report everytime I print and I also get an error message. Private Sub Command59_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command59_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "rptDocSub" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal DoCmd.OpenReport "rptDocSub", acNormal Reports![rptDocSub].Filter = "Primary ID = " & Me![Primary ID] Reports![rptDocSub].FilterOn = True DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection Exit_Command59_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command59_Click: M...

Macro to show only rows with X
How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" and hide all other rows? Thank you With data starting in ColA; try Cells.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=x" -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Jeremy" wrote: > How would I write a script or macro to display rows that have and x in "A" > and hide all other rows? > > > Thank you Option Explicit Sub Remove_Unwanted_Rows() Dim rng As Range Dim cell, RowArray As Range Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, "A"), Cells(Rows.Count, &qu...

Picture does not print
Hello, Using Publisher 2003 SP1 in WinXP SP2 to create a newsletter. I have several photographs in this single-page publication and one of them will not print. It is inserted at about 20% of original size and is cropped. I have deleted the picture and re-inserted it (Insert Picture From File), put it on its own page all by itself, made sure it is in the foreground, and it just will not print. If I start Publisher and create a new publication with just this one picture it does print. In this test the picture was reduced to 10% but was not cropped. If I duplicate the page where the ...

Upgrade from Mac Office 2004 to Office X?
Hi everyone, I've been running Mac Office 2004 and I want to upgrade it to Office X. Do I really have to buy the complete version of Office X to do this, or can I just buy the Office X upgrade? The reason I ask is that from what I've been able to research, the Office X upgrade only allows you to upgrade from Office 2001 but not from Office 2004. Am I correct about this? And if I am correct, does anyone know why Microsoft would have implemented such a policy? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Kind regards, Jeff Wait! don't answer that. just realized 2004 is the upgrad...

modifying field in report?
For days of the week (not including Sunday) the field had numeric 1 or 2 or 3, etc. or combinations such as 13 for Monday and Wednesday. The database had only 6 places for possible days a class could be held during the week. For the report is there a way to: 1) Place a text line stating that 1=Monday, 2=Tuesday, etc.? I tried to place * by the caption for the field and place the text in the Page Footer but the = sign caused fits when I tried. 2) Test the field so that if there is a 1, Mon. would be written, etc.? 3) Do a query and generate the Mon, Tue, based on the numbers in the field...

Aging Report
1) DateRecvd: E2 (ex 7/19/07) 2) DateClosed: F2 (ex 10/16/07) 3) Days (should close with in # of days, Example: 60) H2 4) DueDate: I2 (ex 9/19/07) 5) TurnAroundTime: DateClosed - DateRecvd (example:60) H2 6) # of days out of compliance (example 29) L2 Question: A) If date closed is null then calculate now() - date recvd otherwise give me dateclosed - daterecvd, is this possible? What formula would I use? B) Take 6 & do buckets in a pivottable of 30, 60, 90 and 120 or greater? Is this possible and are there any examples that can be downloaded? Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

Print header at margins
I have changed my left and right page margins to .25". But the left and right Header sections still print with a 1" margin. How do I get the left/right header to print at the margins I set? -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail Fred You don't. Left and right Header positions are fixed. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:48:08 -0600, "Fred Smith" <fredsmith99@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have changed my left and right page margins to .25". But the left and >right Header sections still print with a 1" margin. > >...

Macro to change X-axis scale has errors
I've read and studied code from a number of posts on this subject but my "newbie" macro code has errors. I have the minimumscale value and maximumscale value (entered by the user) stored in Sheet1 at $E$2 and $F$2. My chart is in Sheet2. This is my complete macro: Sub ChangeXAxisScale() ' ' ChangeXAxisScale Macro ' With Worksheets("Sheet2") With ActiveChart.Axes(1, 1) .MinimumScale = Range("$E$2").Value .MaximumScale = Range("$F$2").Value End With End With End Sub I know I am missing s...

Report Printing 12-07-07
Hi Allen, I have a database name Transfer Deed & I have a form in which I’ve to give data for fields. Deed No. Shares Distinctive No. From Shares Distinctive No. To No. of Shares (Difference of above) I’ve a report also on before open the report a popup form occurs & ask for Deed No & Lot which represent data above what I want know that before open the report it open with lot of nos. provided for example. Distinctive No from is = 500 Distinctive No to is = 1000 No. of shares is = 500 And lot provided on popup form is 100 then 5 pages report of 100 each...

Getting query data for a report
If I have the query "UniqueCounts" and following query results: Count ServicesType 2 Food Basket 99 Men's Dorm 84 Personal Needs 5 PN Family Pack 14 Program Dorm 7 Temporary ID What would I put in a text field in a report to get the query results from Count for the ServicesType "Men's Dorm". (Which should be the value 99.) Thanks! you would want to put in 'Men's Dorm' as the criteria in the query....on in a new query that is applied to this query ...

unable to use ip literals user@[x.x.x.x]
hello everybody. my exchange server 5.5 had an open relay which has now been fixed. but the IP address of my mail server got listed in www.dsbl.org. and now i am not able to send mails to our branch office which uses the list of www.dsbl.org to get rid of spam mails.now i need an address postmaster@[x.x.x.x] to receive a confirmation email from dsbl.org. i did everything that the following miscrosoft site says. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;193316 but still i am not able to receive mails at postmaster@ [x.x.x.x]. i tested this by sending a mail to this ID ...

Sub Report Repeating Details
With On My Report I Have a Sub-Report, The Main Report Shows The The Project Number, Project Title and Enquiry Type: IE SUPPLY DUCTWORK ONLY The Sub-Report Shows The Drawings That Are Needed To Be Sent For that Enquiry. The Sub Report Is A Contineuous Type, What The Problem Is That Some Times I May Decide to go out 3 Ductwork Companys Etc, When I Print The Report, it Repeats The Drawings Depending How Many Companys Ive Gone To for that Enquiry, Ive Tried Going Into The SubReport Properties and Selecting The Fields Hide Duplicates No Difference. Is there a simple way of Stopping it, or ...

Office v.x Word
When creating mailing labels I am unable to print. I can preview page layout under data merge manager and print the page. But when I complete the merge to new document and then print it seems to be sending somewhere other than my printer. This merge file was created in word 98. I recreated in v.x and it still does not print the labels. Could it have something to do with entrouge. Help please!!!! I am new to OSx I just upgraded from 0S 8, I know behind the times. Thanks, Signal Hi When you use File > Print you can select which printer (if you have more than one) from the dialo...

Active X Pop-up???
Blank How does one delete MS Internet Explorer "Active X" pop-up message?? Thnxxxx........Rudy By asking in an IE newsgroup, perhaps? "Rudy" <rucan70@comcast.net> wrote in message news:hrupjk$tnn$1@news.eternal-september.org... : Blank How does one delete MS Internet Explorer "Active X" pop-up : message?? Thnxxxx........Rudy : : Rudy wrote: > Blank How does one delete MS Internet Explorer "Active X" pop-up > message?? Thnxxxx........Rudy What did you find when reviewing the ...

Framework X error
I am getting this message when I open Office X programs: "An unexpected error occured while trying to load the Microsoft Framework X library" There are users on the ibook. This happens under student where much is locked out. I checked permissions for the user data folders in the users Document folder and these are ok. Any Ideas? Thanks in Advance norm On 8/6/03 1:08 PM, in article 6c46d36e.0308061208.4faa16ce@posting.google.com, "Norm" <gwaltnen@mail.ips.k12.in.us> wrote: > I am getting this message when I open Office X programs: > > "An unexpecte...

Thermal printer cuts twice on Access report
I have an Access report that supplies data to a thermal receipt printer. I noticed the previous developer placed a label at the bottom of the report with the letter "P" in it. Next to this label, he placed another label pointing to the first label saying "Used to cut the receipt at this point". I'm assuming the P label sends a command to the receipt printer to cut the paper? I ask because the users have been complaining that now (after they installed a new printer driver), the Access report now cuts the paper twice! It prints the receipt, cuts, then adva...

Sales reports #2
Can anyone tell me how to run a sales report that includes sales per customer for a given dept. Epicurean, Go here and download the Detailed Sales with Customer Detail; http://tinyurl.com/42qqo Put in you dates, drag the Department column so that its first, change the grouping to the first 2 columns, then collapse grouped rows. Must have access to CustomerSource -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup O...

Using a dll to generate report data
Hi All I am assessing whether we should move to reporting services to make available various company reports via the web. While most reports have a stored procedure origin for their data, there are a few of our reports that require some programatic massaging. These reports typically involve some specialised data pivoting and/or formatting. My question is, can reporting services utilise a custom dll as the source of data for a report? As an example, reporting services can generate a report from a stored procedure via a select statement. Can reporting services build a rep...

Putting a label on the x-axis of a column graph
For a column graph with 2 columns for each month, how do I get a label to appear for each of the 2 column groups (ie show Mar Apr May repeatedly for 4 different groups)? I'd like to see an x-axis like below: 2 columns each month --------------------------------------------- Mar Apr May Mar Apr May Mar Apr May Thanks, AL If you can figure out a little 8th grade algebra (where's an 8th grader when you need one?), you can use an example like this to apply custom labels wherever you want: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Basically, you hide the ...

SRS Reports
We were certainly hoping that executives could access the reports on the SRS server without having to have a license to CRM. What we are discovering is that a user has to have a license just to view the reports. Is that the case? I can't justify spending $1000 a user just so they can view the reports of the data within the system. You have a couple of options here. Since the reports in CRM uses the impersonated user they will need to be users in CRM. 1. Develop custom reports using a proxy CRM user. 2. You can create the same report in SRS but using a different data source....