Write Error

We have four registers that we have been running for two years with RMS.
Recently we started to use the 4th one again after a long time and everyother
transaction activates a Write Error.  None of the other registers have the
problems including one that hasn't been used for the same amount of time as
the fourth and there have been no significant changes to any computer besides
microsoft updates for XP. Help Please
--
Rich O''Boyle
IT Tech

Are all registers on the same RMS version. ?
What is the version # ?
Have you upgraded to Service Pack 2 or 3 on all machines ?

Mihir
Diviasoft, Inc
www.diviasoft.com

"Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have four registers that we have been running for two years with RMS.
> Recently we started to use the 4th one again after a long time and
> everyother
> transaction activates a Write Error.  None of the other registers have the
> problems including one that hasn't been used for the same amount of time
> as
> the fourth and there have been no significant changes to any computer
> besides
> microsoft updates for XP. Help Please
> --
> Rich O''Boyle
> IT Tech
> Lundeens Liquors

0
mihirs (128)
8/23/2005 9:03:19 PM
They are all on the same version. They are using the same Database.  The are
using the same router.  I believe they are running service pack 2.  The
strangest thing is that it is only that one register the other three have no
problems.
--
Rich O''''''''Boyle
IT Tech

"Mihir Shah" wrote:

> Are all registers on the same RMS version. ?
> What is the version # ?
> Have you upgraded to Service Pack 2 or 3 on all machines ?
>
> Mihir
> Diviasoft, Inc
> www.diviasoft.com
>
> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have four registers that we have been running for two years with RMS.
> > Recently we started to use the 4th one again after a long time and
> > everyother
> > transaction activates a Write Error.  None of the other registers have the
> > problems including one that hasn't been used for the same amount of time
> > as
> > the fourth and there have been no significant changes to any computer
> > besides
> > microsoft updates for XP. Help Please
> > --
> > Rich O''Boyle
> > IT Tech
> > Lundeens Liquors

0
Rich (271)
8/23/2005 9:29:05 PM
Can you let me know the exact error ?

Mihir

> They are all on the same version. They are using the same Database.  The
> are
> using the same router.  I believe they are running service pack 2.  The
> strangest thing is that it is only that one register the other three have
> no
> problems.
> --
> Rich O''''''''Boyle
> IT Tech
> Lundeens Liquors
>

> "Mihir Shah" wrote:
>
>> Are all registers on the same RMS version. ?
>> What is the version # ?
>> Have you upgraded to Service Pack 2 or 3 on all machines ?
>>
>> Mihir
>> Diviasoft, Inc
>> www.diviasoft.com
>>
>> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We have four registers that we have been running for two years with
>> > RMS.
>> > Recently we started to use the 4th one again after a long time and
>> > everyother
>> > transaction activates a Write Error.  None of the other registers have
>> > the
>> > problems including one that hasn't been used for the same amount of
>> > time
>> > as
>> > the fourth and there have been no significant changes to any computer
>> > besides
>> > microsoft updates for XP. Help Please
>> > --
>> > Rich O''Boyle
>> > IT Tech
>> > Lundeens Liquors

0
mihirs (128)
8/23/2005 9:42:30 PM
The error reads  Write Error The System Does Not Recognize the Command
--
Rich O''''''''Boyle
IT Tech

"Mihir Shah" wrote:

> Can you let me know the exact error ?
>
> Mihir
>
> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > They are all on the same version. They are using the same Database.  The
> > are
> > using the same router.  I believe they are running service pack 2.  The
> > strangest thing is that it is only that one register the other three have
> > no
> > problems.
> > --
> > Rich O''''''''Boyle
> > IT Tech
> > Lundeens Liquors
> >

> > "Mihir Shah" wrote:
> >
> >> Are all registers on the same RMS version. ?
> >> What is the version # ?
> >> Have you upgraded to Service Pack 2 or 3 on all machines ?
> >>
> >> Mihir
> >> Diviasoft, Inc
> >> www.diviasoft.com
> >>
> >> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Rich (271)
8/23/2005 10:23:02 PM
I think that you are getting this error because of changes made without
doing a Z-report on the workstation.
Make a list of all open batches in the SO Manager.
Than you need to do a Z-report on all machines and closed any open batches
in the system.
(Once a batch is closed it will creat another open batch which you can leave
open)
Than restart the machine and you should be ok.

Let me know if you still have a problem.

Mihir
Diviasoft, Inc
mihirs@diviasoft.com

> The error reads  Write Error The System Does Not Recognize the Command
> --
> Rich O''''''''Boyle
> IT Tech
> Lundeens Liquors
>

> "Mihir Shah" wrote:
>
>> Can you let me know the exact error ?
>>
>> Mihir
>>
>> "Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > They are all on the same version. They are using the same Database.
>> > The
>> > are
>> > using the same router.  I believe they are running service pack 2.  The
>> > strangest thing is that it is only that one register the other three
>> > have
>> > no
>> > problems.
>> > --
>> > Rich O''''''''Boyle
>> > IT Tech
>> > Lundeens Liquors

0
mihirs (128)

error
I keep trying to uninstall publisher xp from my computer and i keep getting the error 1324 invalid character in program file. I removed the folder and now when i look in the add/ remove program publisher is still listed. I cannot repair the program or install a fresh copy. please help as soon as you can.. jechon@hotmail.com OFFXP: Windows Installer Error 1324 When You Run Setup http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292582 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

STMP error
Hi, I set up a bt wireless network, I use BT email but my partner uses dircon. I am trying to get the dircon email to go through outlook xp on our notebook. I had this set up a couple of years ago but recently formatted and reinstalled the software on the notebook but can't remember how I did it. It's receiving email but will not send. I've tried setting up the STMP address as BT's and Dircon's but neither work. Any suggestions? Cheers, Alex ...

"File not found" and "The form name is misspelled..." errors
I am still bulding a database. It contains no data, and contains no embedded macros. Yet, when I go to build code, I get these errors: "File not found" followed by "The form name * is misspelled or refers to a form the doesn't exist" The problem does not lie in the form that automatically opens when the database opens, and there are no embedded macros (I've read that these are the two main places an error such as this can occur). I did a search in the code box, and do find the two subforms listed even though neither contains any kind of code. I ca...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

Error when adding a report
Hi, I created a new report. when I try to add it to CRM, I get a "An error occured. Contact your administrator" error message. My CRM user has the System Admin role and I am an Enterprise Admin. I can add the report using the Reporting Services website and I see it under Reports in CRM. I can also run the report. But if I try to edit the report I get that that "An error has occured. Contact your admin" error message. Is this a permission issue? Something I'm missing? Thanks! Simon Found a solution to my problem. Had to add a service account to the publish t...

Socket Error WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT
Hola a todo el mundo.... Mi problema es al crear un socket sobre w2k3, el valor de retorno es WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT. El entorno en el que trabajo es el siguiente: Tengo un LSP registrado en la lista de catalogos de windows, los eventos que manejo son: lpProcTable->lpWSPConnect =3D WSPConnect; lpProcTable->lpWSPAccept =3D WSPAccept; Adem=E1s tengo un servicio que abre un puerto (0x0B50), pero al momento de crear el socket, este retorna WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT, un fragmento del c=F3digo es. ..=2E ..=2E. wVersionRequested =3D MAKEWORD(2, 0); err =3D WSAStartup(wVersionRequested, &am...

Sales for Outlook error (long)
I have installed crm 1.2 using the iso images from my MSDN subscription. Server is set up and working on 2003 Server running SQL 2000, sp3 and hotfix MS03-31. Can access and use crm fine from any machines on the domain via IE, but can't get Sales for Outlook to work. The Sales for Outlook on a client machine installation goes fine, but when I open Outlook and click on the "Microsoft CRM" folder (or any subfolder) I get the pretty CRM error box (the one with the huge red X) that says, "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." I...

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib'
I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to MFC71.lib in the project. Any ideas? > I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto > conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: > > fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' > > There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to &g...

Intelligent Message Filtering
I recently installed SP2 on my Exchange 2003 servers. IMF was not installed previously. Now that SP2 is installed I'm trying to configure the SCL ratings. However, when I make any changes and then click Apply I get the following error: The requested operation did not satisfy one or more constraints associated with the class of the object. Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80072014 Microsoft Intelligent Message Filter Any ideas? That error comes from Active Directory. That error typically indicates access rights poblem. Was SP2 installed by yourself under the same credentials y...

vlookup error #4
i have this formula =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,'\\Malcolmp\shared\My Documents\[Share Recommendations.xls]Portfolio'!$A$6:$J$67,10,FALSE)),"""", VLOOKUP(A2,'\\Malcolmp\shared\My Documents\[Share Recommendations.xls]'Portfolio'!$A$6:$J$67,10,FALSE)) i cant see what is wrong with it but i get an error based on \\Malcolmp\shared\My in the 2nd line much appreciated if anyone can help for some reason i dont get the error if i have the filepath pointing to a document on my hard drive rather than elsewhere onthe server. "Micayla Bergen" wrote: > i...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

Outlook 2003 Errors sending emails
I am getting error message when sending emails. This happans since I have installed the new outlook 2003. I am getting the following error message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'pdegeus@mns.com' on 22-Dec-03 9:44 PM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Any idea what this is Maybe check spelling MSN instead of MNS? "pdegeus@msn.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<056901c3c8ff$d83455b0$a101280a@phx.gbl>... > I am getting error message when sending emai...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

Error 6:overflow
Hi, I am getting the above message when I try to run a Worksheet 401 on a newly created store and HQ environment. I have tried to run download items which was successful. Any ideas? thanks Kalvin ...

Error on Monthly Income & Expenses Report
I am using Money Ver 14.0120.1105 In Reports, Monthly Income & Expenses under the heading of Monthly Cash Flow, there is a warning sign that says '1 transaction for �84.41 that doesn't have an assigned category, assign a category. At the bottom of that month the amount of �84.41 is under "Expense - Unassigned". When you double click it to view it the report it comes up with "you have no transactions for this item you selected. When you highlight the whole month to see that amount it does not exist. and if you go into any other report it does not exist. I did a sea...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

How to remove red strikethrough generated as an error?
In Excel, I'm typing in a lastname, firstname middleinitial in one field. To get rid of the red strikethrough I've tried deleting and retyping, Edit--clear--formats, releasing through Format--effects--strikethrough. There appears to be no validation or links that I can see. The name still appears in red with a strikethrough line. I think it might be generated as a result of some error. Thank you. Could it be the result of format|conditional formatting? FiscallyCOC wrote: > > In Excel, I'm typing in a lastname, firstname middleinitial in one field. To > get ri...

PST Errors
I am having a terrible time with PST files. We are not running an Exchange Server. Our internet provider is running the exchange server and forwarding e-mails to our location. The pst files are stored on our network so if something happens to the files it would be easy to restore. The pst files are becoming corrupt almost every day. We have approx. 40 users. Is there another way to store your e-mails and address book besides a pst file? Has anyone else had to same problem. I run the Inbox repair tool all the time. It does find errors and repairs the file but a couple of hours later the...

SDK
I created a sample application which creates a new account in ms crm through SDK. The asp.net application runs fine and inserts new account on the machine in which ms crm 3.0 is installed. Now if I run that application from my machine which is in same domain then it gives me following error :- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. For update function it gives following error :- Server was unable to process request. Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. Source Error: Line 351: [System.Web.Se...

Word Error
I can't open the document without getting this error to even save as newer version. I've upgraded Word with SP2 - still same results. If it is a .doc (not a docx), use the Recover Text from Any File option. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:160A2351-5646-4488-93DD-D38674DB2688@microsoft.com... > I can't open the document without getting this error to even save as newer > version. > > I've upgraded Word with SP2 - still same results. ...

Outlook.exe Application Error
Can anyone help with this? Please reply to my hotmail account with ideas. Outlook gives me this error within 20 seconds of opening. "the instruction at 0x3553fd05 referenced memory at 0x00127000. the memory could not be accessed. Click OK to terminate the program". I have tried to uninstall and re-install, that did nothing. I cannot think of any change to the PC that would have caused this. ...

IM error on all
receiving following error on all integrations IM 10.0 SP4, vista: The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Dynamics.Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6D016638-BA35-11CF-827E-00001B27AB13}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A I had this error and I needed to register the MSScript.ocx. Use Start>...

Error Message on Pack and go
Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot write to file%. I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Thanks AJ wrote: > Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot > write to file%. > > I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. > > Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Yes, but you probably aren't hitting it. Are you saving to a network drive or other removeable media? 108MB is rather large for a poster - do you have any par...