Workflow for new employees

Hi all --

For new employees, has anyone developed a quick & dirty outline or sequence
of events that details the normal workflow for running RMS POS (i.e. Enter
opening amounts / Enter closing amounts / Z Report / Batching out), etc.?

Thanks & regards,

-=RFM=-
0
hitman (84)
8/11/2005 12:08:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

F1 Help, POS program, Processing daily POS activities worked pretty well for
us. We printed the sub-topics we wanted and stuck them in a short instruction
guide for new cashiers. You can print a 2 page cheat sheet to the F-keys this
way too.

We have have new employees press F1 Help and read Performing sale
transactions, then refer to our printed guide for routine stuff like daily
closeout.

We printed out all the How-to stuff originally, but don't suggest doing
that. It's easier to press F1 and jump to that section if you need it.

"hitman" wrote:

> Hi all --
>
> For new employees, has anyone developed a quick & dirty outline or sequence
> of events that details the normal workflow for running RMS POS (i.e. Enter
> opening amounts / Enter closing amounts / Z Report / Batching out), etc.?
>
> Thanks & regards,
>
> -=RFM=-
0
mark564 (750)
8/11/2005 3:54:25 AM
If you email me at emurray@stepahead-educational.com

I will send you mine.  I have a combination one for time clock, closing and
opening, and quotes.

--
Elizabeth M.
"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> F1 Help, POS program, Processing daily POS activities worked pretty well
> for
> us. We printed the sub-topics we wanted and stuck them in a short
> instruction
> guide for new cashiers. You can print a 2 page cheat sheet to the F-keys
> this
> way too.
>
> We have have new employees press F1 Help and read Performing sale
> transactions, then refer to our printed guide for routine stuff like daily
> closeout.
>
> We printed out all the How-to stuff originally, but don't suggest doing
> that. It's easier to press F1 and jump to that section if you need it.
>
> "hitman" wrote:
>
>> Hi all --
>>
>> For new employees, has anyone developed a quick & dirty outline or
>> sequence
>> of events that details the normal workflow for running RMS POS (i.e.
>> Enter
>> opening amounts / Enter closing amounts / Z Report / Batching out), etc.?
>>
>> Thanks & regards,
>>
>> -=RFM=-

0
anonymous (74718)
8/11/2005 4:48:23 PM
Elizabeth --

Thanks very much.  I dropped you an email earlier today, let me know if you
didn't get it.

Best regards,

Rich

"Elizabeth" wrote:

> If you email me at emurray@stepahead-educational.com
>
> I will send you mine.  I have a combination one for time clock, closing and
> opening, and quotes.
>
> --
> Elizabeth M.
> "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > F1 Help, POS program, Processing daily POS activities worked pretty well
> > for
> > us. We printed the sub-topics we wanted and stuck them in a short
> > instruction
> > guide for new cashiers. You can print a 2 page cheat sheet to the F-keys
> > this
> > way too.
> >
> > We have have new employees press F1 Help and read Performing sale
> > transactions, then refer to our printed guide for routine stuff like daily
> > closeout.
> >
> > We printed out all the How-to stuff originally, but don't suggest doing
> > that. It's easier to press F1 and jump to that section if you need it.
> >
> > "hitman" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all --
> >>
> >> For new employees, has anyone developed a quick & dirty outline or
> >> sequence
> >> of events that details the normal workflow for running RMS POS (i.e.
> >> Enter
> >> opening amounts / Enter closing amounts / Z Report / Batching out), etc.?
> >>
> >> Thanks & regards,
> >>
> >> -=RFM=-

0
hitman (84)

Looking to buy a new system
The sales people just left my store, and I liked what I saw. I am also looking in to other POS software and they all seam to do the same thing. The other software I am looking in to also use the same data base type as Microsoft RMS. What I want to know is why did you choose Microsoft RMS over the others you all looked at. Thank you for your help. I bought it because I thought that Microsoft would integrate it with its other systems (Outlook, SBF...) but in the 2 or 3 years since I bought it that has not happened. In fact they have even given us a new release in a very long time for...

new, old, difference
This is most likely a very basic question, since I am a relatively lo level excel user. Three columns: New Old Difference a a b b c d c f e d g e f g how do I find the difference? sort? filter? We are talking about hundreds of products listed in different spreadsheets thanks for any help I hope it was clear enough.. I hope you guys can help a newbie ou -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The *difference* would generally be a number, no? So what do you mean, the difference? You...

Cannot merge cells, old spreadsheets, new Excel
Using Excel2002, having upgraded from Excel'97. Whenever I open up an old spreadsheet, the "merge cells" command is not accessible. It it grayed out on the toolbar, and if I try to manually format a cell/cells, "merge cells" is checked and grayed out for every cell in the worksheet. user Perhaps the sheet is protected under Tools>Protection? If not, try this........ CRTL + A to select all cells on the sheet. Format>Cells>Alignment. Click on the grayed-out Merge check-box a couple of times to set and re-set to clear it. Gord Dibben XL2002 On 7 Dec 20...

tab problem when adding new field to subform
My tab sequence does not recognize the new field I added on an existing subform. I added the new field on a row between two existing fields, and the tab skips over the the new field. I tried using Auto Order on the Tab Order pop-up window, but no change. When I click in the new field and pull up the Tab Order window, the window shows the fields on the main form, but not the fields on the subform. The main form and subform use the same table as their data sources. Your help is much appreciated. <susanhull@ou.edu> wrote > My tab sequence does not recognize the new field I added on an...

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

How do I create a new email account
Please send me step by step instructions on setting up several email accounts. I have tried and it keeps failing on the test. I'm not sure of what I'm doing wrong. Any information on where to go to learn more about emails for my business would be greatly appreciated. thanks, kathy Dear Kathy, your Outlook version is? have a look on this site "how to create" for different Outlook versions email accounts (POP3, IMAP, Exchange etc.): https://www3.imperial.ac.uk/portal/page?_pageid=35,50372&_dad=portallive&_schema=PORTALLIVE -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook ...

New Personal Folder
I am using Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000. I want to move all my email folders in my Personal Folder except certain emails, current contacts, calendaring, etc. into a new Personal Folder and call it Outlook 2003, and then close it. My .PST file is too large and I want to segment by year. Thank you for your help. Louis One way is by using the Archive function from the file menu, you can set criteria by date and specify name and location of the archive file. "Louis Bernstein" <louis@mindiq.com> wrote in message news:076001c3d39b$cd7da120$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am using ...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

new item process
I have 2 stores and am running HQ and SO. Currently, when I receive an item not in my database (I've been in business 2 years, so my database is still growing!) I have to 1. Create the item 2. create a worksheet to send the items to the stores' databases 3. scan the item again to put it into the purchase order in order to get the items into the database. That's 3 steps; when I have a lot of new items (which is often) I spend a LOT of time on this process. I would LOVE to see a way to streamline/integrate this process. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? -- Jennifer -...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

Inbox subfolders used to pop up reminders, not in this new contract w/O2K (nor at home in new O2003).
This is so funny that it's occurring at home and at office with 2 different Outlook versions though both on Win2K. For years in Win98SE with O2K, the flags in inbox subfolders would always work. Same with O2K on Win2K for over a couple of years or more now at other work contracts. Now new contract with O2K on Win2K _and_, coincidentally, new O2003 on new Win2K installation at home, no subfolders are working either when for years of experience at home they did. What's so very different now, really? After years of relying on this feature and in combination with a certain set of rule...

[ANN] IronPython Training in New York, January 21st 2010
Hello all, In association with Holdenweb Training [1] I'll be doing some IronPython training in New York in January (21st). The course is called "IronPython from the Ground Up": http://hwebipmc01.eventbrite.com/ Course details: Michael Foord is an early adopter of IronPython, having used it for (among other things) the creation of the Resolver One Python-driven spreadsheet product. He is the author of Manning's IronPython in Action and a well-known speaker at Python conferences throughout the world. IronPython is the implementation of Python for the ...

Help displaying new email icon.
Hi I've just started getting a problem with Outllok 2003. When I recieve email the envelope icon that tells me that I have new email appears with the inactive icons ie it does not show the envelope icon - it hides it away with the inactive icons. I would like it displayed (as it used to be), how do I get it to always display when new email arrives? Thanx Simon right click the Windows Start button, select Properties then the Taskbar tab and customize. look for the entry "you have new unopened items" and set its behaviour to "always show" "Simon" <si@com...

Removing an old exchange 2003 server from a new 2003 exchange server
Hi, I recently setup a new Windows 2003 server and setup exchange 2003. I didnt uninstall exchange 2003 from an old server and I would like to remove the link to it in exchange admin on the new server. However if I remove it will it trash all the aliases/mailbox associations in Active Directory? All the mailboxes, offline address books etc ive set to point to the new server. Cheers Matt "Matty M" <matty@mattysplace.NOSPAMjpcinet.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >I recently setup a new Windows 2003 server and setup exchange 2003. I didnt >uninstall exchange 2003 from an o...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

new to this
anybody there? I have no idea how to use newsgroups -- I am new too. HELP!!!! "Cristobal Izquierdo" <xtobalis52@gmail.com> wrote in message news:Ouiq4z9%23HHA.4460@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > anybody there? > ...

Spreadsheets not calculating new information
At work, our company relies on excel spreadsheets to generate reports to track our daily progress. Under normal circumstances, they work well without incident. We currently use Microsoft Office 2000 in our office, which includes Excel 2000 and we are using Windows XP Professional as our operating systems, although I am not sure which version it is. Recently I experienced a period of about an entire week where the spreadsheets were not calculating any of the new information that was being manually entered. The previous calculations were in tact, but nothing would change with the ...

Transfer to new Laptop
Hello, I just bought a new laptop with Vista Home premium. It did not come with MS Money. Is there a way I can transfer it from my old desktop to the laptop? The desktop came with it installed and I cannot find any discs that I got with it, so I don't have an installation disc with MS Money on it anymore. Is there a way? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, M5 wrote: > >I just bought a new laptop with Vista Home premium. It did not come with MS >Money. Is there a way I can transfer it from my old desktop to the laptop? >The desktop came with it installed and I cannot fi...

Portal Workflow
I have an intermittant problem showing up in Workflows (BP2.7 GP8 sp4a). Most times HR or Payroll dept changes go through fine, but sometimes one gets stuck. Go to ->Site Settings>Application Settings>Workflow>Process Log. When this happens "End" and resubmit fixes it. Once, I had Microsoft helped me clear the tables when "End" did not work". What might be causing this? Comments Tab ********************************************************* Network The system encountered the following error while processing your Service request: Act...

Can new table keys be defined?
Using Report Writer - the keys on the table I am using don't have the fields I want. Can I create a new table key? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time. You cannot add new keys to an existing table in Report Writer. The only way to do this is via Dexterity as a customization. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Alecia" wrote: > Using Report Writer - the keys on the table I am using don't have the fields...

Publisher 2000 & New Vers.
Created a file in Pub 2000 to print 3 up - printed fine. Associate with a new vers of Pub opened and returned same document. Document now only prints page 1 and only 1 up...despite the fact that I have verified alls ettings as appropriate for printing from Pub 2000 ... how can this be? -- GALF You might have to setup your page anew. Use the Advanced on the right on the Page setup screen. Select Multiple pages per sheet; type your numbers, adjust the margins. It should stick when you are ready to print. Just remember in the Print screen select Multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Saue...