Is there a way to change only the item description on a large quanity of
items.  What about the extended description?  Thanks for your help.

0
Lisa1 (290)
3/12/2006 1:26:38 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use the MS SQL Data Import Tool by EMS.  $65.00.  The QSImport Tool available
to download from Microsoft will probably work but is not supported by
Microsoft.

Kinnard L. Kohler
Business Machines Systems
6101 South Shackleford Road
Little Rock, AR 72204-8606
(T) 501-375-8380
(F) 501-375-0043
(Cell) 501-412-5686
Email:  kinnard@removebmsar.com

"Lisa" wrote:

> Is there a way to change only the item description on a large quanity of
> items.  What about the extended description?  Thanks for your help.

0
Kinnard (133)
3/12/2006 6:23:04 PM
THANKS I FIGURED IT OUT WITH A SMALL SAMPLE.  ON SMS UPLOAD TOOL YOU JUST
MUST UNCHECK TREAT AS A DUPLICATE.  I WAS SCARED IT WOULD WIPE OUT EVERYTHING
ELSE BUT IT DIDN'T.  FOR  ME AT LEAST.

"Lisa" wrote:

> Is there a way to change only the item description on a large quanity of
> items.  What about the extended description?  Thanks for your help.

0
Lisa1 (290)

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Tool to Create High-Color Icons
Can anyone recommend a good tool for creating high-color icons for my projects. I have Corel Photo-Paint. It's pretty powerful but I can't do very good shading by hand. Aren't there some tools out there that will render 3D shading? Thanks for any suggestions. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com I would recommend XaraX (www.xara.com). You can produce nice shaded stuff like on the page: http://www.terra-informatica.org/htmlayout/ You should save (export) you images as PNGs (with or without alpha channel) and use 2DIB.exe (http://www.terra-in...

professional tools library should allow more than one salesperson
Sales Modifier in Professional Services Tools Library currenly only allows you to change one starting salesperson id to one new salesperson id. Well, it is possible that one terminated salesperson may have multiple invoices in which they will be divided among other salespeople. it would be very beneficial if the Sales modifier tool allowed that to happen instead of the just one and one feature ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Importing data

Can I export from Excel to ACT
I have a huge contact list on an Excel spreadsheet and I was hoping I would be able to export it straight into my Act contact manager. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Parm, Look at the ways Excel can save, and compare with what ACT can take as input. In Excel, do File - Save as, and go through the formats shown in the "Save as type" box. See which, if any, Act can open or import. The csv would seem a likely one. Or txt. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Parm" <Parm@discuss...

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Problems comming with change of Windows OS versions
Hi all, I work on MFC ,Dialog based applications........ when I develop an application and test it ,frequently I am facing one problem...It is the applications are working fine in one Windows OS version( consider XP) but if I test it another Windows OS version like( 98,2k,XPSP2)..there are some problems(like not underlining the shortcut keys,images not getting displayed..etc ) which are comming in that particular OS version only.... I want to know the reason behind this.....why is it working fine in one OS & not in other...?? I have clearly checked that the commands are g...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

can scheduled start date and actual start date be different
i have made my plan with scheduled start date now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from scheduled start date then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date can actual start date and scheduled start date be different? if yes, how? On Jan 13, 2:28=A0pm, parag <pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i have made my plan with scheduled start date > now i update the plan with actual start date which is different from > scheduled start date > then scheduled start date changes and becomes same as actual start date ...

How can I insert a period into exsisting cells?
Hello, Is it possible to insert a period into the middle of a string of numbers? I have 800 numbers I need to change in A1 to A801. Can I do this without having to retype the entire column? Here's an example: I need to change 26150G to 26.150G Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You JM What's the rule where to insert it, will it always be inserted after the 2 character like in 23.150G or what would the rule be? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2F50AE-CA95-4C24-A191-CAF7D...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

How do I change the color of cells with a macro
I was using conditional formatting, but this only gives three options, I need 5 I am looking for a simple piece of code which says If cell A1 is not zero color the row green, for example. I have tried With range, If Else and Case I get the first color, then it will not change You don't give us much select case range("a1").value case<>0:mc=6 case>2:mc=3 case else end select rows(1).interior.colorindex=mc -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Mike DFR" <MikeDFR@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Why Can't I Enter An Order?
I had to re-install Business Portal 3.0 to point to a new instance of GP 9.0, and now the order management/entry pages are not showing up. In fact the Help for Order Management isn't showing up. It's like order management is completely gone. The roles, like "Order Management Customer" or "Order Management Admin" aren't showing up in the role lists. And I'm logged in to the site as the Administrator. Is there a setting on the GP database that needs to be changed to allow orders? Thanks. I re-installed it again and now I can enter orders and stuff. But...

Can I delete archive.pst?
If I am relatively certain I'll never use anything in archive.pst (and to my knowledge in 10 yeas of using OL, I have never knowingly accesssed that file)....can I delete archive.pst to save disk space? (It's >300mb and climbing) Yes, but I would open it in Outlook first to verify that you do not need anything in the file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and fi...

Changing the Main Menu at Runtime
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C4297D.E3789D80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I added a menu to my dialog based MFC program using the menu = editor/wizard. How can I change the properties of some menu options at = runtime? For example, I need to gray and ungray menu options. Is there a = way to set up a control variable and call methods for it like in Visual = Basic? Also, it would be nice if I could turn visibility on and off for = menu options like is possible in VB. --=20 ~void...

Can I group by year or month(when message received)in my inbox?
I need to group my received mails by date and then by sender. Can I do this by year or month, or I can only do this with the exact date+time. Thanks in advance! Regards! Balint You could add a formular field that displays the year of the ReceivedDate property, but you can't group or sort by such a field. The only way is to add a custom field and fill it by using VBA code. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en> ...