Wireless Barcode Scanner

Hey all -

I have been using RMS 2.0 for about 3 years now.. I am curious if
anyone is using a 'wireless' barcode scanner.  I think this would be a
good investment for a couple of reasons.

1.) less cords at the check out stand
2.) when end of the year inventory happens.

Any help would be appreciated.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On May 20, 12:15=A0pm, GamersCircle <andywood...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all -
>
> I have been usingRMS2.0 for about 3 years now.. I am curious if
> anyone is using a 'wireless'barcodescanner. =A0I think this would be a
> good investment for a couple of reasons.
>
> 1.) less cords at the check out stand
> 2.) when end of the year inventory happens.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone?
On May 20, 3:15=A0pm, GamersCircle <andywood...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all -
>
> I have been using RMS 2.0 for about 3 years now.. I am curious if
> anyone is using a 'wireless' barcode scanner. =A0I think this would be a
> good investment for a couple of reasons.
>
> 1.) less cords at the check out stand
> 2.) when end of the year inventory happens.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I do not have one for the check out but we do have one that we use to
take inventory.  There are several out there and just because they are
expensive doenst mean they are good. We use unitech pt630 they are old
and didnt cost very much. But they are so much better than the ones
that we paid 4 times as much for.

Getting Started With Barcodes
Hi, We've just opened our second retail clothing store. This expansion means we're going to have to start using barcodes to keep track of our inventory (inventory is now entered into RMS manually). The issue is we have no idea how to get started. Is there some sort of primer on barcodes and supply-chain management that we could use as a starting point? Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences with barcodes and RMS they'd be willing to share? We'd really like to build this thing properly from the start. TIA Well, first let me ask this question. Does most of your i...

Field Service & Barcode Solution
Hi, I am looking for a client or a partner of GP who has implemented Field Service and Barcoding solution in the Middle East. It does not have to be same customer using both modules. Any response would be highly appreciated. Thanks Mohammed Yes we did, you can reach me at +971502687235 Regards, Shafiq "Mohammed" wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking for a client or a partner of GP who has implemented Field > Service and Barcoding solution in the Middle East. It does not have to be > same customer using both modules. > > Any response would be highly appreciat...

Wireless Question
When it comes to wireless, whether BlueTooth, 802.11 (a/b/g), etc, at the bottom, it is all sockets correct? Is there anything else other than sockets that do the actual marshalling? -- CSFastRunII - A developers dream! A integrated taskbar designed to easily launch one or groups of application with one click. check out http://www.consiliumsoft.com for details. As far as programming goes, you just use the wireless connection as you would any network connection ie you don't have to know how the computers are connected. Ralph Krausse wrote: > When it comes to wireless, whether Bl...

wireless router question from a dummy
Have high speed internet. Have a 3gbsdram. And I have a router that is a g. Would I benefit as far as computer speed on the net with a router that is an n router. Also even though the computer says 802.11 a/g/n wireless I still would have to buy the the adapter that goes into the notebook? I know nothing about routers and the fact we have a g router it doesn't have an adapter needed for the computer to work. Was wondering if that is the same case with a wireless n router? thanks How do you connect to the net? Do you have more than one PC? "iluv my kitties and family&...

MSO document imaging: No compatible scanner found. Please install scanner
XP home, v 2002, sp3 MS office pro 2003, sp3 Epson Perfection 1200 Epson driver 5.5.3.0, USB, up to date Epson Twain 5 Problem: The scanner works normally in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Image composer. It does not work in MSO Document Imaging; when I click the Scanner button, the pull down list is empty. When I click scan, I get this error message: No compatible scanner found. Please install scanner. I have run detect and repair and rebooted, to no avail. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you, Clem. Ok, I fixed it: uninstalled and re-installed off...

Setting up Wireless Networks
On my laptop, I am using Vista Home Premium (32-bit). I set up a wireless connection with my router, using a Netgear wireless adapter. Works like a charm. On my desktop, I have Vista Home Premium (64-bit). It interjects a "VirtualProfile" into the equation of wireless networks available. Using Netgear, I established "Profile1." On the Manage Wireless Networks tab under the Network and Sharing Center, I see both networks. I have placed Profile1 on top (so to speak) of VirtualProfile, assuming that the system will attempt to connect to the Internet firs...

Portable inventory scanner
We are looking for a portable inventory scanner at a decent price. All we need is something simple that can export to a format that can be loaded into RMS Physical Inventory tool. I've been looking at a Symbol MC1000. The cheapest I can find it is about $500 and I'm not certain if it'll do what we need. Anyone have any lower cost or more compatible suggestions? ...

wireless
alguem sabe configurar o airsnort cracado?obrigado ...

Barcode Reader for Pharma Company
Hi, I'm looking for a Barcode solution to be applied to a pharma wholesale distributor company. The barcode given by Supplier is different from the barcode they use. What they want is when they receive the shipment, they scan the barcode of supplier and should detect the Item code and also create a barcode for the item based on their price list. Moreover, they use lots for the batch numbers. Thanks Janakiram +973 39475299 Janakiram, It may need some customizations but its doable, I did such solution to one of our customers but not sure if could be used at your customer end. Drop me ...

Need recommendation for a high-speed barcode label printer suggestion
Currently we mainly use Zebra 2824 printers and they work great with RMS. We now have the need for a higher speed printer (2824 not cutting for the volume) - one that is a single label feed (1.25 x 1 is fine) AND the ability to autocut between each sku that's sent to the printer from RMS (this may not be possible with RMS...I do not know...part of what I'm trying to find out). Any suggestions or someone out there doing something similar? Thanks! Chris ...

How to auto place start/stop characters in Excel w/barcode fonts?
I have a spreadsheet that I can enter in a value into one cell and it will show the corresponding barcode value in the cell next to it, using 3 of 9 barcode font. What I need to be able to do is have Excel automatically place a start and stop charcter at each end of the barcode for my software to read the barcode. did you include the asterisks http://www.bizfonts.com/free/ *314-34-1234* --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/se...

Wireless connection
Vista HP 32bit.... When I power on my laptop after not using the Power off.....so its coming out of Sleep....and you see RESUMING WINDOWS.....9 out of 10 times I won't get connected to my Router. I have used the Diagnostic Tool...and get the same results, which is, power off the Router...and power it back on...and when I do that, I do get re-connected. Suggestions denmarfl wrote: > Vista HP 32bit.... > > When I power on my laptop after not using the Power off.....so its coming > out of Sleep....and you see RESUMING WINDOWS.....9 out of 10 times I won'...

Any easy way to print thousands of barcodes?
I am opening a new store and I need to print barcodes for everything. I have about 20,000 items in the database and I expect to print barcodes for 2,000. There are too many unused items to print all items in database and too many items to individually add each to the list. Is there any easy way to accomplish this? Go to each item that you do not want to print. In the Items Note [in theSpecial Tab] place a unique entry like "discontinue" Then go to the Wizards ==> Label Wizards ==> Select the last option called print from Filter In the Label Filter select the Item ...

Win7 wireless area networking
I have an existing wireless home network for file sharing and what not. It was no trick to get this working with XP. Vista was problematical, but is now working. How can I connect my Win7 to the home wireless network? I've been searching and experimenting for days, with no success. This is not a Home-group solution, since I have but one Win7 machine. Can someone walk me through the setup? Thanks in advance! Avraham Avraham Hanadari wrote: > I have an existing wireless home network for file sharing and what not. > It was no trick to get this working with XP. Vi...

Lookup Barcode to Print on Reports
How can I get the lookup barcode to print on reports? I would like to print barcodes on my inventory reports. This way we can print a department an the scan the number from the report printed and not have to use find in PO's ...

wireless network has to be started every time
We switched our wireless encryption from WEP to WPA and I must've done something wrong. But now we need to start the utility every time we boot the PC. Read the over air links, instructions very carefully made several tries, but still not able to get the wireless to come up every time we boot. So where do we put the execution of utility for booting. Anyone got any ideas? TIA -- ____________________________________ In Christ's matchless name ted & colleen n6trf kc6rue This newsgroup is for discussions about Microsoft Access, a relational ...

Barcode and Label.
After put the item that I have. Then I printed the Barcode and then I scaned it, I couldn't find that item. I don't know what's going on. Like this The Label has 'shirt track010110'. But when I scaned it. It says 'shirt 010110' Plz help me out. Spaces are Bad. Lower case is usually bad. Each Barcode format has different rules for the characters that can be encoded correctly - I'm sort of surprised that you got anything at all when trying to scan that code. Stick to numeric LookUpCodes if possible. If you must use alpha characters, Upper Case is usuall...

Barcode Formulas
I am trying to make a barcode that will enter a static time into a cell and move to the next cell (right) I have 3 of 9 barcode fonts. There is no = sign nor is there a symbol for it. Does anyone know how to do this. Other choice would be a button on a toolbar but would like to not have the person return to the computer each time to enter. Any help please. pgriff -- pgriff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pgriff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26189 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showth...

Wireless
I need clairification on a wireless issue and I appologize if I post this in the wrong area. If you can find the proper area to post this please let me know because I search for 1 hour already. If 2 seperate LAN systen are running. The first LAN is NOT connected to the Internet for security reasons. The second LAN is using the Wireless Microsoft MN-500 Wireless router and does have an Internet connection through High Spead cable. The IT Security team says that signal emmisions emmitted from the unshielded CAT5 wireing on LAN(1) are broadcasting inside of the wireless bubble. They als...

Wireless/Printer
Greetings Can anyone help here or suggest another place to seek advice on, I can't figure out how to get a document on PC A to print on PC B both on my home wireless. (My wireless is all now dual band linksys and all my PC's run on Vista) -- Regards, piedmont http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/ Type in Help share printer -- .. -- "piedmont" <No@Spam.net> wrote in message news:%23$3RoOliKHA.5568@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Greetings > Can anyone help here or suggest another place to seek advice on, > > I can't ...

Connecting to CRM Web Client via Wireless
Another issue I'd appreciate help with: Do you know why I have access to everything on the network in a wired Ethernet environment, however if I go wireless, I cannot connect to CRM. I do have access to Outlook and the VPN in wireless. Curious if there is some network security setting or just a glitch. It doesn't even bring up the log-in where you would input password. All network settings are the same in wired or wireless. I do have pop-up blocker on, however, I have CRM as an exception where pop-up blocker is turned off. My laptop is new and came with XP SP2. The SP2 pop-u...

Wireless Conundrum
Trying wireless connection in home using laptop that has WinXP SP3 active and a Dell Wireless 1370 card. Have good wireless signal (54MB) after setup each day. Find at restart computer in Run/services.msc always has Windows Zero Configuration as Automatic but not Started. Seems turning computer off takes it out of active Start status. Result is no Wireless Networks tab at Ctl Panel/ Network Connections/(right click)Wireless Network Connections/Properties so can't designate Windows to be used. Router is new Belkin N150 that operates this desktop with hardwire and Belkin sup...

Wireless network
I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this question, but here goes. I have had a wireless network in my home for several years. Now a second security enabled wireless network has appeared. It shows a signal strength of 2 out of 5 bars. I live in a rural location with only two neighbors within a quarter of a mile. Neither of them have computers, much less wireless networks. Is there any way I can find information about the new network? Jeff -- "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" Richard Feynman Nobel Pri...

Wireless Connection
Toshiba Laptop w/ XP: I'm not showing any wireless connections in my "Choose a wireless network" screen. I can not update the driver from the device manager, this made me just uninstall the driver and reinstall from Intel's site. After doing this, it works, brings up all connections in my area and I can connect to one of them. But when I turn the computer off and turn back on, whether immediately or the next morning, there's no wireless connections anywhere. It's like there's no wireless network adapter available. I have retried the uninstall-reinstall...

wireless problems
i have a sony Vaio VGN-Z12GN running windows vista i turned the computer on today and the wireless is not working at all. i chk the network adaptors and both: Microsoft ISATAP adapter #4 and 6T04 Adapter have faults next to them. When i update them it states that they are already up to date. Also when i turn the wireless button on then off and the box appears on the screen showing: Vaio Smart Network, it shows - bluetooth, LAN and Modem ONLY. Even wireless has disappeared from here.. please help. thanks -- markcaz ----------------------------------------------...