Windows Vista and RMS 2.0

Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0?  Any pros/cons on duing this.
0
BillFry (61)
3/15/2007 8:23:35 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm running it on my laptop without issues.  But this is just for demos and
research.  Have not intalled it in production yet

"Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0?  Any pros/cons on duing this.

The Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for 1

"Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0?  Any pros/cons on duing this.

0
info1139 (20)

------=_NextPart_000_057B_01C7713E.92AADA10

Hmmm, most of Star Micronics receipt printers are on the Vista disk. The =
missing one, the TSP100 is now available for the website.

We still don't recommend Vista yet though.  Give it another 3-6 months =
to mature.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
  > Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0?  Any pros/cons on duing =
this.=20

------=_NextPart_000_057B_01C7713E.92AADA10

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Hmmm, most of Star Micronics receipt printers =
are on=20
the Vista disk. The missing one, the TSP100 is now available for the=20
website.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>We still don't recommend Vista yet =
though.&nbsp; Give=20
it another 3-6 months to mature.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"MHPNW Staff" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:info@mobilehomepartsnw.com">info@mobilehomepartsnw.com</A>=
&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23VmoMM%23bHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23VmoMM%23b=
HHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>The=20
  Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for =
1<BR><BR><BR><BR>"Bill Fry"=20
  &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com">BillFry@discussions.mic=
rosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F7BEAFDC0424@microsoft.com">news:F1D=
4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F7BEAFDC0424@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0?&nbsp; Any pros/cons on =
duing this.=20
  <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_057B_01C7713E.92AADA10--

0
cptsoft (1247)
3/28/2007 8:39:56 PM
I Agree with you Jeff on some of the diff product's, I guess I was just
ranting about the problem I'm having with the Epson TM-T88IIIP that we have
.. Even with Windows XP  and Version 2.0 I'm having install problems , and
I've never had any before with versions RMS 1.2 or 1.3.

Thanks ...Dennis

--

Jeff
Check Point Software

You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of
newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

"MHPNW Staff" <info@mobilehomepartsnw.com> wrote in message
The Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for 1

"Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0?  Any pros/cons on duing this.

0
info1139 (20)
3/30/2007 8:26:17 PM
Dennis, what problems do you have with the Epson? We used ours on 1.2,
upgraded now to 2.0 and don't have any problems whatsoever. I just
downloaded the OPOS drivers from the Epson web-site about 1/2 year ago and
run the printer ever since.

>I Agree with you Jeff on some of the diff product's, I guess I was just
>ranting about the problem I'm having with the Epson TM-T88IIIP that we have
>. Even with Windows XP  and Version 2.0 I'm having install problems , and
>I've never had any before with versions RMS 1.2 or 1.3.
>
> Thanks ...Dennis
> "Jeff @ Check Point Software" <CptSoft@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hmmm, most of Star Micronics receipt printers are on the Vista disk. The
> missing one, the TSP100 is now available for the website.
>
> We still don't recommend Vista yet though.  Give it another 3-6 months to
> mature.
>
> --
>
> Jeff
> Check Point Software

> You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of
> newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> "MHPNW Staff" <info@mobilehomepartsnw.com> wrote in message
> The Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for 1
>

> "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0?  Any pros/cons on duing this.

0
gerd9066 (10)

Shell.UI and vista Unable to determine XP theme error message
I'm opening a .net project that loads Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI in order to make the app inherit the dexterity colors. When I open this project on an XP machine, it works fine. When I open the same project on vista and open the designer, I get the following message : System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to determine XP theme. GetCurrentThemeName returned C:\Windows\resources\themes\Aero \Aero.msstyles for the theme name. at Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI.LibWrapper.GetThemeName() Fair enough, it doesn't understand aero themes. :) Is there an easy workaround or am I stuck having ...

how to show a tool tip for a CEdit control #2
Hi, I have derived a class from CEdit class in which user can enter only hexadeceimal characters (i.e. 0-9, A-F(a-f) X(x). I want to display a tooltip if user enters any other character than a hex character. Can anyone tell me how can I do this? Regards, Bhavik hi use CToolTipCtrl class naren "BNP" wrote: > Hi, > > I have derived a class from CEdit class in which user can enter only > hexadeceimal characters (i.e. 0-9, A-F(a-f) X(x). I want to display a > tooltip if user enters any other character than a hex character. > > Can anyone tell me how can I...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Fiscal Year Settings #2
My company has two business units operating on two different fiscal years. Can I tie FY settings individually to each unit? If not, how do I handle it? Thanks for any advice. I would be curious to see how you resolve this, however the FY settings are organizational in nature. A better approach might be to go with CRM 4.0 and instead of BU's, use Organizations (where you can set the FY per Org). If you need to share data across Orgs, then you might want to consider a replication scheme. This is not elegant unfortunately.... -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "NancyR" wrote:...

Daily Sales Report #2
Hi, I work in a retail outlet that opens at 10:00 am and stays open until around 12:30/01:00am the next day. When we run the daily sales report it will only pick up from 12-12midnight. Due to this we have a headache in Finance trying to tally up the figures. Is there anyway to specify the time and date from a report in RMS or do I need to look at some other reporting software? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Regards Ken Hi Ken, My company, Professional Advantages has Analysis Cubes for RMS. This product is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering anal...

How to make Integrations for Business Portal 4.0?
Hi, I have installed Business Portal 4.0 on GP 10. Since Business Portal SDK is not avilable with Business Portal 4.0, how can i make integrations with Business Portal 4.0? Mohan. You can download the new developers toolkit for 10.0 at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/developertoolkitformicorsoftdynamics10.htm?printpage=false Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Mohan" wrote: > Hi, > > I have installed Business Portal 4.0 on GP 10. Since Business Portal SDK is > n...

Windows pdate Status: Failed

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

Uninstalling PowerShell in Vista Home to upgrade to Vista Ultimate
I have Vista Home on a Dell studio laptop. I have just reinstalled this after a HD replacement. I am trying to upgrade to Vista Ultimate. A Compatibility check during the start of the upgrade says to uninstall Windows PowerShell. I went to the microsoft support site for guidance. I am unable to see PowerShell or its KB in the list of installed updates as the guidance said I should see. Hence, I am unable to select it to uninstall. The list of installed updates only says "Update for Microsoft Windows" or "Hotfix for Microsoft Windows." How can I get it to show ...

opration failed a objeck cound not be found #2
jeff <jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Do you have a question? If so, post it in the body of the message, specifying your Outlook version, account type, exactly what you ARE doing, what you WANT to do, what folder you are in, what view you are using, and the EXACT text of any errors you get. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

MO receipt entry #2
Hi, I am receiving FG through MO receipt entry as well i have entered actual labou hours through data collection. what my problem is when i receive partila FG i want to allocate my labor cost to that receipt, but the button 'Labor/Machine' is set as inactive and i am not getting the way to do. I desperately lookin for help. Satya Hi Satya The Labor\Machine button is only available for actual cost items. I assume you are using a standard cost method FIFO Periodic or LIFO Periodic. When you recieve an item to stock, you should be "charging" labor based upon the item...

One column with different widths #2
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. How do I do this please? -- Calpitor Calpitor, I think that this can only be done by merging two columns in the case of the rows from 30 onward (This also assumes that the width of these rows is greater than the rows 1-29) Set rows 1-29 to the width you require - if you don't know how to do this then you will need to place the cursor between the column headers where it says A (co,lumn line) B. The cursor will change to a double headed arrow and you can change the column width by dragging the cursor...

Zero Values in chart #2
Hi, Is there any way to avoid displaying zero values in a chart. Raj -- Rajkumar Eager to learn more about Excel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rajkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2159 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493770 Assuming you mean you want empty cells not to be treated as zeros: 1) click on chart; use Tools|Options|Chart and specify how you want blanks to be treated or 2) replace blanks by =NA() best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/peopl...

sp2 #2
After down loading sp2 and during re-start , a window brifly appears and says "OUT OF RANGE" and then the screen turns black. This happens every time I try to re-start my computer.. What do I need to do ?? ...

Outlook 2003 Using over 2 GB of memory
Ok, I have been using Outlook 2003 for a while now and have had an odd problem for a while. If I leave outlook open for a long time, it will consume all of of my free memory. I am talking about 700-800 MB of actual memory, and 1.5 - 1.7 GB of my virtual memory by just leaving it open over night, and this repeats as many times as I leave it open. I have restarted the computer, and no luck. Now it is also happening with my laptop, and I am not sure where to go with this. Any Ideas? Do you have a desktop search program installed? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the gro...

Lookup with multiple conditions #2
I have two cells as followes : A B 1 Sachin Vikas 2 Sachin Amit 3 Sachin Vikas 4 Sachin Vikas i want to count no of times Sachin and Vikas comes in one row Here ans is Three. =sumproduct(--(a1:a4="sachin"),--(b1:b4="vikas")) is one way. =sumproduct() wants to work with numbers. -- converts true/false to 0/1. Sachin Narute wrote: > > I have two cells as followes : > > A B > 1 Sachin Vikas > 2 Sachin Amit > 3 Sachin Vikas > 4 Sachin ...

Windows recovery console