Windows Server Enterprise and/or x64 editions at RMS

Will it work?

I'm running SBS 2K3 with 4GB RAM (OS Max) on a 3.6Ghz P4 Xeon and this thing
is just hammered.  The server hosts one Store Ops DB and the HQ DB, plus HQ
server.  It runs an automated backup and hosts Wildfire (a private IM
service).

That's it.  I don't run MS Exchange, I do have one printer queue that's
hosted by the server, but it might print 50 pages on a busy day--many days
it's none or just a few.

I do host about 10 users' My Documents folders on the server, but even that
traffic should be pretty easy for the server to handle.

If I buy a new server, I want more than 4GB RAM, and that means that I need
either Windows Server Enterprise Edition or Std Ed. x64.  Will RMS run on an
x64 system, or do I need to pony up for Enterprise just to get more RAM?

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail
0

Hammered how?
Busy disks, RAM consumption, CPU, network?

You probably want to put HQ server on a seperate machine
4GB RAM is more than plenty

Cheap and very functional option:
XP PRO or Vista desktop with 3 GBs RAM and HQ server
Waste of money option:
Windows Server Enterprise Edition or Std Ed. x64 with more than 4 GBs

Where is HQ client located?

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> Will it work?
>
> I'm running SBS 2K3 with 4GB RAM (OS Max) on a 3.6Ghz P4 Xeon and this
> thing
> is just hammered.  The server hosts one Store Ops DB and the HQ DB, plus
> HQ
> server.  It runs an automated backup and hosts Wildfire (a private IM
> service).
>
> That's it.  I don't run MS Exchange, I do have one printer queue that's
> hosted by the server, but it might print 50 pages on a busy day--many days
> it's none or just a few.
>
> I do host about 10 users' My Documents folders on the server, but even
> that
> traffic should be pretty easy for the server to handle.
>
> If I buy a new server, I want more than 4GB RAM, and that means that I
> need
> either Windows Server Enterprise Edition or Std Ed. x64.  Will RMS run on
> an
> x64 system, or do I need to pony up for Enterprise just to get more RAM?
>
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail

0
frederich (19)
3/27/2008 9:10:40 PM
I have learned from my reseller that no x64 OS is supported.  Enterprise Ed.
is out of the question due to the crazy price.  4GB max RAM for Windows
Server is pathetic.

Hammered = CPU utilization practically never <50%, routinely >70% for hours
at a time.  RAM consumption is also not very efficient.  SQL server will
gobble up RAM until it's using nearly 2GB, sometime more.  Disks seem to be
OK.

HQ client is on a desktop PC.  Store Ops and HQ are on the same server,
three remote locations where HQ client in on the Store Ops server.

I am beginning to think that part of my problem is Small Business Server.  I
am getting rid of it.  I have ordered a new server--quad core Xeon, 4GB RAM,
RAID5 to host the HQ DB and will keep the Store Ops DB on the current server.
 I may move HQ client to the Store Ops server, though it is convenient to
have it on a desktop PC.

My configuration has not changed, but the application of HotFix 2.0.0115 has
*really' hurt HQ Client/Server performance.

I have revised my connection schedules so that no two stores are every
connected simultaneously and that has helped.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Frederic Hurlet" wrote:

> Hammered how?
> Busy disks, RAM consumption, CPU, network?
>
> You probably want to put HQ server on a seperate machine
> 4GB RAM is more than plenty
>
> Cheap and very functional option:
> XP PRO or Vista desktop with 3 GBs RAM and HQ server
> Waste of money option:
> Windows Server Enterprise Edition or Std Ed. x64 with more than 4 GBs
>
> Where is HQ client located?
>
> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > Will it work?
> >
> > I'm running SBS 2K3 with 4GB RAM (OS Max) on a 3.6Ghz P4 Xeon and this
> > thing
> > is just hammered.  The server hosts one Store Ops DB and the HQ DB, plus
> > HQ
> > server.  It runs an automated backup and hosts Wildfire (a private IM
> > service).
> >
> > That's it.  I don't run MS Exchange, I do have one printer queue that's
> > hosted by the server, but it might print 50 pages on a busy day--many days
> > it's none or just a few.
> >
> > I do host about 10 users' My Documents folders on the server, but even
> > that
> > traffic should be pretty easy for the server to handle.
> >
> > If I buy a new server, I want more than 4GB RAM, and that means that I
> > need
> > either Windows Server Enterprise Edition or Std Ed. x64.  Will RMS run on
> > an
> > x64 system, or do I need to pony up for Enterprise just to get more RAM?
> >
> > Tom
> > --
> > Stop fishing for e-mail

0
tomg2938 (389)
3/27/2008 9:35:02 PM
We have just installed the new hotfix for a group of 40 stores and it has
slowed down our store comms from about 15 minutes to around 4 hours to
process worksheets. The SQL server and the HQ Server boxes have plenty of ram
and are both maxed out for around 8 hours a day. Our IT supplier has no idea
what the problem is and is suggesting we put in another server to balance the
workload.
0
Shaun (103)
3/28/2008 7:49:01 AM
Well, it's good to hear that I am not alone.

I love that MS puts out a HotFix that can diminish performance dramatically
(15 minutes vs. 4 hours for the same task?!?!?!?!) and not even give you a
heads up about potential performance issues in the ReadMe file.

I have a new server on order and have just started paying an additional
$100/month for increased bandwidth at the HQ location.  It's getting better
with the increased bandwidth, and the new server will allow me to move HQ to
dedicated box.

This is a sad story.
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Shaun" wrote:

> We have just installed the new hotfix for a group of 40 stores and it has
> slowed down our store comms from about 15 minutes to around 4 hours to
> process worksheets. The SQL server and the HQ Server boxes have plenty of ram
> and are both maxed out for around 8 hours a day. Our IT supplier has no idea
> what the problem is and is suggesting we put in another server to balance the
> workload.
0
tomg2938 (389)

------=_NextPart_000_0460_01C8950C.C042AB40

TT,

While its not supported, RMS runs fine on Vista 64 bit.  Haven't tried =
Windows Server 64 bit though. SQL 2k5 or 2k8 64 bit won't work with RMS =
yet.

Here's some ideas/tips for memory allocation issues with SBS.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Allocated+Memory/default.asp=

We have about 20 sites running XP or Vista machines with 3-4 gig of RAM, =
SQL 2k5 Workgroup, each having 3-8 stores, running HQ Server, HQ Client, =
 SO and HQ databases on them without issues.  Some even use the server =
as a Manager's workstation. I'll have to check versions though.  I think =
they are all at 2.0.0112 to 2.0.0114.

RMS Service Pack 2 is on the near horizon.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  I have learned from my reseller that no x64 OS is supported.  =
Enterprise Ed.=20
  is out of the question due to the crazy price.  4GB max RAM for =
Windows=20
  Server is pathetic.

  Hammered =3D CPU utilization practically never <50%, routinely >70% =
for hours=20
  at a time.  RAM consumption is also not very efficient.  SQL server =
will=20
  gobble up RAM until it's using nearly 2GB, sometime more.  Disks seem =
to be=20
  OK.

  HQ client is on a desktop PC.  Store Ops and HQ are on the same =
server,=20
  three remote locations where HQ client in on the Store Ops server.

  I am beginning to think that part of my problem is Small Business =
Server.  I=20
  am getting rid of it.  I have ordered a new server--quad core Xeon, =
4GB RAM,=20
  RAID5 to host the HQ DB and will keep the Store Ops DB on the current =
server.=20
   I may move HQ client to the Store Ops server, though it is convenient =
to=20
  have it on a desktop PC.

  My configuration has not changed, but the application of HotFix =
2.0.0115 has=20

  "Frederic Hurlet" wrote:

  > Hammered how?
  > Busy disks, RAM consumption, CPU, network?
  >=20
  > You probably want to put HQ server on a seperate machine
  > 4GB RAM is more than plenty
  >=20
  > Cheap and very functional option:
  > XP PRO or Vista desktop with 3 GBs RAM and HQ server
  > Waste of money option:
  > Windows Server Enterprise Edition or Std Ed. x64 with more than 4 =
GBs
  >=20
  > Where is HQ client located?
  >=20
  > "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message=20
  > > Will it work?
  > >
  > > I'm running SBS 2K3 with 4GB RAM (OS Max) on a 3.6Ghz P4 Xeon and =
this=20
  > > thing
  > > is just hammered.  The server hosts one Store Ops DB and the HQ =
DB, plus=20
  > > HQ
  > > server.  It runs an automated backup and hosts Wildfire (a private =
IM
  > > service).
  > >
  > > That's it.  I don't run MS Exchange, I do have one printer queue =
that's
  > > hosted by the server, but it might print 50 pages on a busy =
day--many days
  > > it's none or just a few.
  > >
  > > I do host about 10 users' My Documents folders on the server, but =
even=20
  > > that
  > > traffic should be pretty easy for the server to handle.
  > >
  > > If I buy a new server, I want more than 4GB RAM, and that means =
that I=20
  > > need
  > > either Windows Server Enterprise Edition or Std Ed. x64.  Will RMS =
run on=20
  > > an
  > > x64 system, or do I need to pony up for Enterprise just to get =
more RAM?

  > > Tom
  > > --=20
  > > Stop fishing for e-mail=20
  >=20
  >=20

------=_NextPart_000_0460_01C8950C.C042AB40

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6001.18000" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>TT,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>While its not supported, RMS runs fine on =
Vista 64=20
bit.&nbsp; Haven't tried Windows Server 64 bit though. SQL 2k5 or 2k8 64 =
bit=20
won't work with RMS yet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Here's some ideas/tips for memory allocation =
issues=20
with SBS.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000><A=20
title=3D"http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Allocated+Memory/de=
fault.aspx&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Allocated+Memory/def=
ault.aspx">http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/tags/Allocated+Memory/=
default.aspx</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT =
color=3D#008000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>We have about 20 sites running XP or Vista =
machines=20
with 3-4 gig of RAM, SQL 2k5 Workgroup, each having 3-8 stores, running =
HQ=20
Server, HQ Client, &nbsp;SO and HQ databases on them&nbsp;without =
issues.&nbsp;=20
Some even use the server as a Manager's workstation. I'll have to check =
versions=20
though.&nbsp; I think they are all at 2.0.0112 to 2.0.0114.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>RMS Service Pack 2 is on the near =
horizon.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Terrible Tom" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com">tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:12396FDC-7A78-43BD-B918-A57EC9292680@microsoft.com">news:123=
96FDC-7A78-43BD-B918-A57EC9292680@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  have learned from my reseller that no x64 OS is supported.&nbsp; =
Enterprise=20
  Ed. <BR>is out of the question due to the crazy price.&nbsp; 4GB max =
RAM for=20
  Windows <BR>Server is pathetic.<BR><BR>Hammered =3D CPU utilization =
practically=20
  never &lt;50%, routinely &gt;70% for hours <BR>at a time.&nbsp; RAM=20
  consumption is also not very efficient.&nbsp; SQL server will =
<BR>gobble up=20
  RAM until it's using nearly 2GB, sometime more.&nbsp; Disks seem to be =

  <BR>OK.<BR><BR>HQ client is on a desktop PC.&nbsp; Store Ops and HQ =
are on the=20
  same server, <BR>three remote locations where HQ client in on the =
Store Ops=20
  server.<BR><BR>I am beginning to think that part of my problem is =
Small=20
  Business Server.&nbsp; I <BR>am getting rid of it.&nbsp; I have =
ordered a new=20
  server--quad core Xeon, 4GB RAM, <BR>RAID5 to host the HQ DB and will =
keep the=20
  Store Ops DB on the current server. <BR>&nbsp;I may move HQ client to =
the=20
  Store Ops server, though it is convenient to <BR>have it on a desktop=20
  PC.<BR><BR>My configuration has not changed, but the application of =
HotFix=20
  2.0.0115 has <BR>*really' hurt HQ Client/Server performance.<BR><BR>I =
have=20
  revised my connection schedules so that no two stores are every =
<BR>connected=20
  simultaneously and that has helped.<BR><BR><BR>Tom<BR>-- <BR>Stop =
fishing for=20
  e-mail<BR><BR><BR>"Frederic Hurlet" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Hammered =
how?<BR>&gt;=20
  Busy disks, RAM consumption, CPU, network?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; You =
probably want=20
  to put HQ server on a seperate machine<BR>&gt; 4GB RAM is more than=20
  plenty<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Cheap and very functional option:<BR>&gt; XP =
PRO or=20
  Vista desktop with 3 GBs RAM and HQ server<BR>&gt; Waste of money=20
  option:<BR>&gt; Windows Server Enterprise Edition or Std Ed. x64 with =
more=20
  than 4 GBs<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Where is HQ client located?<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  "Terrible Tom" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com">tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:117340DF-E1E9-4533-9DA5-02D3F4A97317@microsoft.com">news:117=
340DF-E1E9-4533-9DA5-02D3F4A97317@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; Will it work?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; I'm running SBS 2K3 with =
4GB RAM=20
  (OS Max) on a 3.6Ghz P4 Xeon and this <BR>&gt; &gt; thing<BR>&gt; &gt; =
is just=20
  hammered.&nbsp; The server hosts one Store Ops DB and the HQ DB, plus =
<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; HQ<BR>&gt; &gt; server.&nbsp; It runs an automated backup and =
hosts=20
  Wildfire (a private IM<BR>&gt; &gt; service).<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt; That's=20
  it.&nbsp; I don't run MS Exchange, I do have one printer queue =
that's<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; hosted by the server, but it might print 50 pages on a busy =
day--many=20
  days<BR>&gt; &gt; it's none or just a few.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; I =
do host=20
  about 10 users' My Documents folders on the server, but even <BR>&gt; =
&gt;=20
  that<BR>&gt; &gt; traffic should be pretty easy for the server to=20
  handle.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; If I buy a new server, I want more =
than 4GB=20
  RAM, and that means that I <BR>&gt; &gt; need<BR>&gt; &gt; either =
Windows=20
  Server Enterprise Edition or Std Ed. x64.&nbsp; Will RMS run on =
<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
  an<BR>&gt; &gt; x64 system, or do I need to pony up for Enterprise =
just to get=20
  more RAM?<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; &gt; Tom<BR>&gt; &gt; -- <BR>&gt; &gt; =
Stop=20
  fishing for e-mail <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0460_01C8950C.C042AB40--

0
cptsoft (1248)
4/3/2008 4:58:57 AM
Similare senario for me.  Check the number of processing on the server.  Mine
had over 100.  I added a server, dual quad w/ 8 gb ram, Server 2008 x64 (free
download) and SQL 2005 x64 hosting HQ.  Caviot, SQL 08 wont let RMS load.  It
runs the database perfect, but with the Vista server, the HQ has issues.
Support was useless at fixing the problem and claimed it was Server 2008,
however, on my workstation that had always run HQ fine, it had the exact same
issues after load XP SP3.  Dont download XP SP3 if you use that computer for
HQ.  You can not make new items (wont do store side, sales tax, reorder,
etc.) and you cant make worksheets.  So, I use the new server to host, run
reports, and do SQL mass changes because it blazes.  I use the old server,
and my workstation (after removing XP SP3) to do HQ admin stuff.

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> Well, it's good to hear that I am not alone.
>
> I love that MS puts out a HotFix that can diminish performance dramatically
> (15 minutes vs. 4 hours for the same task?!?!?!?!) and not even give you a
> heads up about potential performance issues in the ReadMe file.
>
> I have a new server on order and have just started paying an additional
> $100/month for increased bandwidth at the HQ location.  It's getting better
> with the increased bandwidth, and the new server will allow me to move HQ to
> dedicated box.
>
> This is a sad story.
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "Shaun" wrote:
>
> > We have just installed the new hotfix for a group of 40 stores and it has
> > slowed down our store comms from about 15 minutes to around 4 hours to
> > process worksheets. The SQL server and the HQ Server boxes have plenty of ram
> > and are both maxed out for around 8 hours a day. Our IT supplier has no idea
> > what the problem is and is suggesting we put in another server to balance the
> > workload.
0
Jon1 (137)
4/8/2008 5:00:13 AM
After meeting with out IT vendor, we are now putting in 2 x comms servers for
HQ server (each running 20 stores), a new SQL server (apparently a dual core
xeon 1.86 is not sufficient for RMS SQL), and a new citrix application server
for HQ manager. All in all, we have now spent almost 3 times in servers what
Microsoft advised would run RMS just fine (we have gone from 2 servers to 5
servers). And we have now been advised to upgrade all the store HQ client
pc's aswell, since HQ client apparently cant run on a celeron processor.

Basically microsoft grossly misrepresented the recommended hardware specs
for HQ and store setups. Hope your new server addresses your issues.
0
Shaun (103)

OWA Issues on Macs With New Server
We recently replaced our Exchange server with an upgraded, new one. We went from Windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 Server for the OS, but Exchange has always been 2003. Outlook on PCs and Entourage on Macs work fine. OWA on PCs works fine. However, when users login to OWA on Macs (And, they can login to it fine...) the following two things happen: 1.) They have to click on everything twice (not a double click but two single clicks) for it to open. If just one click, it will go about 10-15 minutes and then open, but 2 clicks makes whatever it is open right away. (For anything, ...

Protect Resources from being viewed or edited
Hello, I have made an application in VC++ 7.0. Now I would like to prevent the resources in the EXE file from being viewed or edited by any body else. Is that technically possible? How do I do it? I didn't find any articles using Google. Regards, Gautam Jain I know of no way to do this. "Gautam Jain" <gautambjain@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OGvdNHlbEHA.2388@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > I have made an application in VC++ 7.0. Now I would like to prevent the > resources in the EXE file from being viewed or edited by any body else. > &...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows recovery console

Adding text at the cursor position in Edit Box
Hi everboy, I am using a Application in which user insert something in the Edit Box. The inserted text added at the end of the Edit box because i do the following: m_editBoxBody = m_editBoxBody + text_to_beAdded. Now i want to modify it so that it insert the text at the line where the cursor is there, not at the last. Can u plz suggest me how to accomplishe thsi Task. Thanks in advance. bye Abhimanyu >... >Now i want to modify it so that it insert the text at the >line where the cursor is there, not at the last. Use CEdit::ReplaceSel. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.m...

Slow server
I have two questions. Our email server is running win2k and exchange 2k3. We have a dual processor P3 650mhz with 1gb ram 210gb raid data drive. This is all for 100 users. Our email is taking up to 1 hour to send or recieve. Is our server underpowered? Also I am getting alot of application log errors saying a non-delivery report with status code of 4.0.0 (or sometimes 5.0.0 or 5.4.0) has been gererated. What does this mean and how do I fix it. I have the mircosoft press exchange server books and I can't seem to get this taken care of. Any help would be great. Thanks, Da...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Hi, I setup CRM Router on Exchange 2007 server. We are using email forwarding rule for incoming email. For all users and CRM mailbox I am getting this error when I am running test after “Load Data”: Name: CRMSystemMailbox-CRMRouter Incoming Status: Failure - The remote Microsoft Exchange e-mail server returned the error "(401) Unauthorized". Verify that you have permission to connect to the mailbox. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. What I'm doing wrong? Thanks! This may not apply but it worked for me with Exchange 2003. I had the same error unt...

Retire old Exchange Servers
Hi All I have a Windows 2003 w/sp1 and Exchange 2003 w/sp enviornment and on my exhange tree there is my ORG which i will call ABC in the org there are two administrive groups which i will call A and B. In the administrative group B i have two exchange servers that belongs to a different domain from the servers in administrative group A. I would like to retire both of the servers in administrative group B. All mailboxes have been removed from both servers in administrative group B to a server in administrative group A. There is a routing group connector in both administative groups for...

exchange 2000 server help
Hello all, I am hoping someone out there can help me out. I am going to use the domain xyz.com as an example. Our problem is that our mail is sometimes being rejected from some smtp servers because of our fully qualified smtp hostname, which is showing up as hostname-exch.xyz.local. To remove the ".local" part, do I need to go through the trouble of changing our domain name or is there a simple change I can make on the server which will change the name from hostname-exch.xyz.local to hostname-exch.xyz.com. When we send out email to an internet address, the users email address sh...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...