Why doesn't HQ work right when it comes to Inventory?

Maybe I'm too stupid to use it right.

I just ran a test, and in my opinion HQ failed miserably.

The test:

From Store Ops, generate a test PO.  One line item, an ILC that had zero on
hand and a prior cost of $12.50.  Change cost on PO to $10.00, receive &
commit.

Store Ops behaves as expected - cost changes to $10, reorder cost changes to
$10, quantity on hand, last ordered, last received - everything updates just
like you'd expect.

Wait for HQ to process the next regularly scheduled WS401.  Check item
properties at HQ.

Quantity on hand - updated OK.
Last ordered - updated OK.
Last received - NOT UPDATED.
Cost - NOT UPDATED.
Reorder cost - NOT UPDATED.

As a result:
HQ Inventory value report INCORRECT.

I didn't go so far as to sell the item at the store, but I'm willing to bet
that if I did...

HQ Detailed Sales report would show INCORRECT cost & profit figures.

At this point, I have more or less lost all faith in HQ as a reliable tool.

I would LOVE to have somebody restore my faith, but am not exactly holding
my breath here.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail
0

It gets better.

I went ahead and sold the test item.  Store Ops behaves as expected -
reports show the correct costs, quantities update, last sold updates, etc.

HQ fails.  Last received never did update.  Last sold DOES NOT UPDATE.  Cost
& reorder cost NEVER UPDATED.  Master Value List report - WRONG COST.  Master
Price List report - WRONG COST.

*SURPRISE*!  The HQ Detailed Sales w/Cost & Profit report actually does
reflect the correct cost from Store Ops.  But wait - this is a custom report
I got from CustomerSource--because the default report is, you guessed it,
*defective*.

Bottom line:  don't trust HQ.

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> Maybe I'm too stupid to use it right.
>
> I just ran a test, and in my opinion HQ failed miserably.
>
> The test:
>
> From Store Ops, generate a test PO.  One line item, an ILC that had zero on
> hand and a prior cost of $12.50.  Change cost on PO to $10.00, receive &
> commit.
>
> Store Ops behaves as expected - cost changes to $10, reorder cost changes to
> $10, quantity on hand, last ordered, last received - everything updates just
> like you'd expect.
>
> Wait for HQ to process the next regularly scheduled WS401.  Check item
> properties at HQ.
>
> Quantity on hand - updated OK.
> Last ordered - updated OK.
> Last received - NOT UPDATED.
> Cost - NOT UPDATED.
> Reorder cost - NOT UPDATED.
>
> As a result:
> HQ Inventory value report INCORRECT.
>
> I didn't go so far as to sell the item at the store, but I'm willing to bet
> that if I did...
>
> HQ Detailed Sales report would show INCORRECT cost & profit figures.
>
> At this point, I have more or less lost all faith in HQ as a reliable tool.
>
> I would LOVE to have somebody restore my faith, but am not exactly holding
> my breath here.
>
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
0
tomg2938 (389)
9/13/2007 5:32:05 PM
I wish I could edit my posts...

HQ Item Properties Store Cost info does update.

I do have 'Calculate HQ Item Cost as weighted average' checked in my HQ
Configuration.

With zero quantities on hand in all stores, the cost at HQ should average to
the last received cost when an item is received in any store.  Right?  HQ
quantity goes from zero to one, the cost of that one should be the HQ cost.

I expect a slightly more reliable tool from a company like Microsoft.
There's a reason I didn't buy some POS software built and supported by some
rinky-dink outift--I couldn't trust the product or the company behind it to
effectively manage my business.  I trusted MS to deliver a product that would
help me manage my business effectively, and it seems my trust was misplaced.

This has been a very expensive mistake.

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> It gets better.
>
> I went ahead and sold the test item.  Store Ops behaves as expected -
> reports show the correct costs, quantities update, last sold updates, etc.
>
> HQ fails.  Last received never did update.  Last sold DOES NOT UPDATE.  Cost
> & reorder cost NEVER UPDATED.  Master Value List report - WRONG COST.  Master
> Price List report - WRONG COST.
>
> *SURPRISE*!  The HQ Detailed Sales w/Cost & Profit report actually does
> reflect the correct cost from Store Ops.  But wait - this is a custom report
> I got from CustomerSource--because the default report is, you guessed it,
> *defective*.
>
> Bottom line:  don't trust HQ.
>

> "Terrible Tom" wrote:
>
> > Maybe I'm too stupid to use it right.
> >
> > I just ran a test, and in my opinion HQ failed miserably.
> >
> > The test:
> >
> > From Store Ops, generate a test PO.  One line item, an ILC that had zero on
> > hand and a prior cost of $12.50.  Change cost on PO to $10.00, receive &
> > commit.
> >
> > Store Ops behaves as expected - cost changes to $10, reorder cost changes to
> > $10, quantity on hand, last ordered, last received - everything updates just
> > like you'd expect.
> >
> > Wait for HQ to process the next regularly scheduled WS401.  Check item
> > properties at HQ.
> >
> > Quantity on hand - updated OK.
> > Last ordered - updated OK.
> > Last received - NOT UPDATED.
> > Cost - NOT UPDATED.
> > Reorder cost - NOT UPDATED.
> >
> > As a result:
> > HQ Inventory value report INCORRECT.
> >
> > I didn't go so far as to sell the item at the store, but I'm willing to bet
> > that if I did...
> >
> > HQ Detailed Sales report would show INCORRECT cost & profit figures.
> >
> > At this point, I have more or less lost all faith in HQ as a reliable tool.
> >
> > I would LOVE to have somebody restore my faith, but am not exactly holding
> > my breath here.
> >
> > Tom
> > --
> > Stop fishing for e-mail
0
tomg2938 (389)

Project Accounting Inventory
I need to be able to allocate inventory in project accounting so it will generate a PO for the inventory shortage. The problem is when I go to transfer Inventory in Project Accounting it won't let me enter a qty > than what's available. I need to create this demand on inventory so when I run the PO generator the demand will be filled. How do I accomplish this in Project Accounting. Thank you, Amy ...

Try these correction patch which comes from the M$
--adeyasxxxnx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ychxelsaqtsdin"; type="multipart/alternative" --ychxelsaqtsdin Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wdaqqncbtcv" --wdaqqncbtcv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your co...

RMS HQ Paid Out Report
is there a Paid Out report for Headquarters? I tried to use the one posted here a while back but it doubled each transaction. what went wrong? Thanks in advance ...

Concatenation not working in Excel 2003 #2
I did the same thing and it is not working. I have even selected th entire contents of the spread sheet and made it text. This i frustrating to say the least. I have zipped up two records if someone wants to give it a shot +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Concatenation Problem.zip |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=2728 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- gschose ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gschoser'...

Unable to send new mail in OWA- new message button not working
Hi, we are having problem when users are trying to use OWA on Exchange 2003. The problem is that we can not write new message or do reply on old messages. When we press new message nothing is happening. I think that the problem is on the server side because we have tried from different client PC's (different OS - XP, Vista, 7) with different web browsers ( IE 6,7, Firefox, Opera). Only in IE 6 I have managed to write new message but when you press send the message disappears.In the down left corner I get the message Page error The server is Exchange 2003 Standard with SP2 and al...

Auto Filter not working
I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable to activate the Auto Filter function on a list. The filter buttons simply do not appear! Does anybody have any idea why this might happen?? Thanks, Chris J Is the worksheet protected? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Chris Jenkins" <jenkins4308@freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:bf9p58$app$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk... > I have a strange problem which occurs from time to time whereby I am unable > t...

Shop Cost different from HQ Cost
We are using MS RMS at 14 stores and have an HQ database where item details are maintained. We use the Cost Update Worksheet to update item costs at the stores. The worksheet is reported as having processed successfully. However half the stores are showing the old cost and half showing the new cost (as reported in the ITEMDYNAMIC table through the "snapshot"). What might cause different stores to have different costs? (The item ID's are all okay so there appears to be no database integrity issue) Thanks in advance, Dave Dave, The first thing I do anymore when having issues...

Hyperlinks not working #2
Web site published to ftp once before with hyperlinks to media files working fine. Updated site now publsiehd again to same ftp and the hyperlinks don't function. I have read all the help guides and believe my paths are entered correctly, everything matches, I can see the media files on the ftp directory, etc. ANY ideas about how I'm screwing up? Davey, If you post your site's URL, it makes it a tad easier to see what the problem is. Mike Davey wrote: > Web site published to ftp once before with hyperlinks to media files working > fine. Updated site now publsieh...

NAI Spamkiller not Working
Hi We have installed NAI Spamkiller trial on our Groupshield / Exchange 2k3 server. The policy is configured on the gateway but does not even forward the basic spam keywords into the users junkmail folder. We have IMF installed, would this be the problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks B On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:03:26 -0000, "Ben" <Ben@Newsgroups.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >We have installed NAI Spamkiller trial on our Groupshield / Exchange 2k3 >server. > >The policy is configured on the gateway but does not even forward the basic &...

Rebuild HQ Item Data
I currently messed up with the HQ database. Since I still have an optimized database on my store, I would like to know if it is possible to import item and sales data into my "NEW HQ". I tried to sync it to the "NEW HQ" but RMS would not permit me because the store database is "flagged" to the "OLD HQ" Thanks ...

how do i format a newsletter hyperlink so it works in email
I created a print publication of a newsletter (2 pages) and want to email it to clients. On the first page, within the text, there is a tab that says Details. I tried to create a hyperlink so that it goes to the 2nd page of the newsletter. When I try to send it as an email, the Details tab does not work. It does not go the 2nd page of the newsletter. How can I get the link to work Make page one double length and put both pages on it. -- Don Vancouver USA "Nance" <Nance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F5B416D-ECF0-4F62-B0AB-CD5FE9B7C65D@microso...

Multiple email accounts-1 not working
my wife and I have separate email accounts. Outlook Express 6. Mine works fine. Everytime she goes into hers, an error message pops up and closes her out of Outlook. Cannot clear Deleted folder. Any help would be appreciated. Richard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my wife and I have separate email accounts. Outlook > Express 6. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Calendar reminder doesn't work
Some of our users reminder doesn't work with outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. Although they configure the reminder correctly they don't get the reminder 15 minutes before the start time. Has anyone an idea what could cause this problem. TIA, Martin Hi Martin, There can be several different reasons why your users are not receiving reminders as expected. For more information on this issue, please refer to Knowledge Base article KB;EN-US;286166 You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;286166 Thanks, Sc...

Reports in HQ
Does any one have a copy of the Sales>Department Costs/Sales for HQ as the installation does not have it? I have this report in the reports folder but When I go into HQ Manager into the reports > Sales > Department Cost/Sales it comes up with the qrp does not exist. "Jeff" wrote: > Kirsten, > > Not sure what you are talking about. The report is on both the 1.2 and 1.3 > CD's that I have. Look in the; > > \HQ\program files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports > folder > > Anyway the 1.3 version is attached. > ...

Sales by Batch Report for HQ
Does anyone know of a report that will show sales by batch for HQ? I have a report that works at Store Operations but not HQ. If you know how, use Excel to do a SQL query on the BATCH table in HQ. Or just do it in HQ Administrator. Query: Select * From Batch You will get a wealth of data. Warning - you have to sum the Returns and Sales columns to get actual sales. To get just what you want, you could do: Select BatchNumber, ClosingTime, StoreID, Sales + Returns AS 'Total Sales' from Batch "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62982A...

Linked table manager doesn't work.
Even though all my tables are linked, some to SQL server via odbc, others to a backend .mdb, the listbox in the add-in is empty. Reinstalling Access 2003 didn't help. Googling brought up one similar question but I'll be d@#$ned if I pay to join the site to see the answer. -- Bob Quintal PA is y I've altered my email address. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com Solution is noted here: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=835519 -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com the file to re-regist...

webcam not working in live messenger
Since I downloaded windows live messenger my webcam hasn't been working, worked fine on the old version. I can't even go to the Audio and Video set up as I get an error message that says 'unable to run audio and video set up'. Details: Sony Vaio Model PCG-7151M Intergrated webcam Windowa Home VISTA Premium On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 01:43:01 -0800, rabiaa <rabiaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Since I downloaded windows live messenger my webcam hasn't been working, >worked fine on the old version. I can't even go to the Audio and Video set u...

problems with HQ connections
Hi . I am starting to have some problems in one of my clients. They have a location that run 18 stores running HQ r 1.2. Suddenly for some odd reason everytime the stores connect, create an incredible amount of connections (sometimes reaching 200 connections process) giving a hige degradation of performance. Does somebody know something about this?..... Thks in advance for your help Rodrigo ...

Links don't work properly
Running Outlook 2002. Windows XP Pro. 1.7 ghz. 50 gig hard drive. 512 memory. Anytime I attempt to open a link in an email while using Outlook the following occurs: 1) The link won't open, or when it does, it takes at least a minute. 2) 10 to 15 pop up ads are generated in the lower right hand corner and then take over the screen. 3) The Outlook program slows to a crawl or stops functioning completely. 4) Sometimes an "Open Links with" dialogue box appears. It may be a virus or some stupid program some third party put into my start up or Outlook program but I can...

Right click menu
Hi, is it possible to customise the right click menu, ie add or move items? Darren Public Sub addCellMenu() removeCellMenu 'just in case With Application.CommandBars("Cell") .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton).Caption = "Routine1" .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton).Caption = "Routine2" .Controls("Routine1").BeginGroup = True .Controls("Routine1").OnAction = "Another" .Controls("Routine2").OnAction = "YetMore" End With End Sub Public Sub remov...

HQ: New customers not being added to HQ with WS401
Recently created customers at all four of my stores have not been transmitted to HQ since Saturday. The 'missing' customers have no HQID in the Store Ops database (of course). I have tried making a change and clicking OK to change the LastUpdated value in hopes of having the data go to HQ with the next WS401. So far, no luck. WS410s have been running normally and HQ Manager shows all WS401s as being completed successfully. Ideas? Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail Are the customers set as Global customers ? Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "Terrible Tom" <...

Spell Check in Protected Work Book
Hi, How can I leave spell check available for a range of cells while protecting the rest of the sheet? Hi Chris. I have just conducted a simple test whereby I restricted access to 3 cells but left the rest of the Worksheet available for edit. In the above circumstances the Spell Checker is greyed out so it appears that you are not able to do what you are looking for. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "ChrisK" wrote: > Hi, > How can I leave spell check available for a range of cells while protecting > the rest of the shee...

Out of Office only works inside?
Is there a setting which blocks Out of Office messages from going to the internet? They only seem to work inside the domain. yes...what version of Exchange? the default is to not send these to the Internet... "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:egJ%23%23BA2EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a setting which blocks Out of Office messages from going to the > internet? They only seem to work inside the domain. > > Sander- You absolutely do not want to send Out Of Office to the interent for the same reason you don't want to reply ...

The right way to update a tool bar
Hello newsgroup, I searched pretty hard, but I couldn't find some valuable piece of information about updating tool bars. I have an SDI application with a tool bar. If the user retrieves an image (e.g. by loading from file) I want to enable some buttons in this tool bar. I wrote an OnUpdate... handler for the button, that will check if an image is available (or if the document is "empty"). But I can't convince the tool bar to update (I even tried to invalidate the CToolBar window that displays the tool bar, but this doesn't trigger my OnUpdate... handler). Curiously enou...

Create a right-to-left booklet
I need to create a document for our church. I want to to be like a one fold card, but in a word 2000 document. Is this possible? I will put the paper on landscape and print front and back only. I know how to print it I just don't know how to create it. thanks See the article "Booklet printing” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BookletPrinting.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "...