What is the solution for the 2-4 store business?

Okay, I noticed that Microsoft POS comes with Office Accounting Professional
now, so I assume that it integrates with it.  I can't find any information on
how to integrate RMS with Office Accounting Professional.

I have a number of small business retailers that have between 2-4 stores
each (okay I have 5 retailers).  They haven't really outgrown Office
Accounting, but I am not sure what POS to start them with.  I hate to have to
tell them to move to Quickbooks.

As far as I know, POS doesn't handle more than one store.  I'd like to
provide a solution with Office Accounting running off small business server
and either POS or RMS in the stores, but I do not see an integration between
RMS and Office Accounting.

Is there a target solution for this size business?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

John, I am an systems consultant and have developed the interface between RMS
Headquarters and Office Accounting Professional

My email address is mark_a_colbert@msn.com. If you would like to contact me
to get for information.

Thanks,

Mark Colbert

"John Bailey" wrote:

> Okay, I noticed that Microsoft POS comes with Office Accounting Professional
> now, so I assume that it integrates with it.  I can't find any information on
> how to integrate RMS with Office Accounting Professional.
>
> I have a number of small business retailers that have between 2-4 stores
> each (okay I have 5 retailers).  They haven't really outgrown Office
> Accounting, but I am not sure what POS to start them with.  I hate to have to
> tell them to move to Quickbooks.
>
> As far as I know, POS doesn't handle more than one store.  I'd like to
> provide a solution with Office Accounting running off small business server
> and either POS or RMS in the stores, but I do not see an integration between
> RMS and Office Accounting.
>
> Is there a target solution for this size business?
0
mark564 (750)

Cash Purchases #2
What is the best way to track cash purchases. Such as out of pocket job related cash purchases. ect. I am useing money standard 2003. Save your receipts, and put them in an envelope. Update Money every week or two. "Thomharm" <Thomharm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B22D748-77C1-4B93-AD72-1D3291ABBFFF@microsoft.com... | What is the best way to track cash purchases. Such as out of pocket job | related cash purchases. ect. | I am useing money standard 2003. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=93. "Thomharm" <Thomharm@discussions.microsoft.co...

Configure for Business Contact Manager
Do you have to make any configuration changes in Exchange 2k for Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager to work properly? ...

outlook client question #2
Hi all, I am new to CRM 4.0. In CRM 4.0 outlook client, I can track appointment, contact, etc. to MSCRM. However, the appointment's attachments are not uploaded. Is there a possible way to upload or download the attachments when sync with CRM ? Thanks Hi, I know in 3.0 this had to be done manually but I'm not sure if its the same in 4.0. Refer to the following link for more information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910050 and look under 'Why didn't my attachments synchronize?' HTH, Niths "kei" wrote: > Hi all, > I am new to CRM 4.0. In CR...

How 2 Hyperlink A Local Location
Seems 2 b quite a basic question but can't seem 2 figure it out. How to write a hyperlink/address for: "C:\Documents and Settings\<<USER_ID>>\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns" Where <<USER_ID>> could be USER NAME of the person using the same so as to be used by anyone I email an AddIn? -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Seems 2 b quite a basic question but can't seem 2 figure it out. > How to write a hyperlink/address for: > > "C:\Documents and Settings\<<USER_I...

Supporting two executables in a solution
I use VS2008 and I need a solution that contains 2 executables (two different processes) of which one should launch the other. 1. Does C# support such launching(with some paramters) an how? 2. Does VS2008 suport that-should I simply add the other excutables as I would do with ordinary dll? Thanks in advance Morris hi Morris, On 06.02.2010 16:06, Morris wrote: > I use VS2008 and I need a solution that contains 2 executables (two > different processes) of which one should launch the other. > 1. Does C# support such launching(with some paramters) an how? http://msdn...

Touch Screen #2
On the pos touch screen there is a KEYBOARD. Its A QWERTY keyboard. Is there in the furture a setup for this keyboard to change the key of this keyboard. My problem is : I like to have a AZERTY french keyboard. Thank for your answer Didier I highly doubt that is on MS radar. The only way to let them know that you want this feature is to make a suggestion and hope a lot of other individuals in your position need this same feature. Rob "DIDI" <DIDI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF00802-20A8-4A15-8852-7B5C5D7632B0@microsoft.com... > On the pos touc...

3.0 to 4.0 conversion
We are getting an error when the 4.0 install is doing it's upgrade review. We are getting "The unique constraints in the CRM database are not consistent with the Dynamics CRM 3.0" Then we get the "Stored procedures in the CRM database are not consistent..." Then "Setup has detected customizations that have not been published..." However, any customizations, and they are minor, are published. Anybody have any thoughts? ...

Exchange 2003 IMF #2
I have just completed an upgrade from Exchange 2000 SP3 to Exchange 2003 SP1 and all went well. I would like to also install the IMF to help reduce my spam messages. I am currently running Groupshield 6 for Exchange, which handles my email virus/worm activity. I do also have the spam mail filter installed with Groupshield, but it only catches about 1 in 20 spam messages. It's junk! My question is can I install the IMF on my Exchange 2003 server along with the Groupshield product that also scans for spam? Network Associates would not answer the question. Thanks. In the last exciting...

Final solution to MAPI Error Message
-- JOHN HASKINS After experiencing the error generated message for all mapi problems trying to use the send email functions in Office 2007, including Word 2007, I now have solved the mystery. It was incredible all the postings I have read, dating back to 2005 about this problem. To make a long story short, follow this Microsoft link. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN=US;918792 If the typed in link is not highlighted, just copy and paste to your browser. The main Topics of this article [ Article ID: 918792 - Dec 15, 2009- revision 4 ] is to 1. verify your...

2 Page Newsletters
I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they they saved on my computer. On his computer it is two pages and there is the 1,2 page numbers you can click on the bottom. When he sends it to me it only shows one page. When he comes to my computer and tries to open his from my computer it does the same, only one page. Can anyone help with this? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from dpandozzi@r-masters.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am trying to open a 2 page newsletter from someone they > they saved on my comp...

SUM IF: How do I sum the data in a column based on 2 other columns
Can someone help me? I would like to know how to total the # of persons who have "Scheduled Appointments" and need "Housing Assistance. I am extracting this data from a separate spreadsheet in the same work book titled "May" & would like it to appear on my Calculation SS. ColD ColE ColG Housing Assistance Scheduled Appt # Person This is How my Calculation SS appears: Col A ColB ColC Scheduled Appt Housing Assis...

Which files and folders from the two solutions must be merged to combine web sites solutions
If I understand what I'm reading on the Internet the only way to combine two website solutions and store them in one folder on a host is to make them into one website solution. And there are certain files and folders in a solution that have predetermined names and there can only be one of them. And that means combining some files from two folders into one folder (like the App_Code files) and combining some data from two files into one file (like web.config) It would be great if I knew which files there can only be one of, as well as which folders there can only be one of....

Year is not appering in Edit W-2 information
I am using GP 10.0. When i try to edit W-2 information, by using GP Menu-> Tools-> Routines-> Payroll-> Edit W2-s information. Here i am unable to get Year in the drop down box so unable to edit W2 information. PLease let me know where i had gone wrong It works for me. Have you created the W-2's? If you have, the only thing I can think of would be a security issue. "Mohsin" wrote: > I am using GP 10.0. When i try to edit W-2 information, by using GP Menu-> > Tools-> Routines-> Payroll-> Edit W2-s information. > Here i am unable to g...

Function SUMPRODUCT (or COUNTIFS) for 2 or more options?
Hi guys! I'm using Excel 2003 and for instance I have a following table: A B 1 2008 W 2 2008 W 3 2008 M 4 2009 M I'd like to know how many 2008 year is in the column A which has letter "W" for example. The correct answer is 2 and can get this with this function: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A4=2008),--(B1:B4="W")) The function COUNTIFS works only in 2007 :( So that's okay. But now I'm changing the B column to following: A B 1 2008 W1 2 2008 W2 3 2008 M1 4 2009 M2 And now I'd like to know how many 2008 year is in the colum...

Outlook programming #2
I need to restrict a user from closing out of a task if the completed date is later than the due date without putting something in the description. I have tried to look at macro's but couldn't find anything valuable there. Any help would be greatly appreciated We need some context here. Is part of a custom task form? An Outlook = add-in? Some other type of application?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Po...

Newbie question #2
Hi all, I need to find an easier way to do this: = A1*B1+A2*B2+A3*B3+A4*B4+A5*B5+A6*B6 and so on Can someone please help me. Thanks in advance, Emilio Hi Emilio, Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A6,B1:B6) Expand the range (ie change A6 and B6) as necessary. HTH, Katherine "Emilio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:501e01c40009$ac85c4d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I need to find an easier way to do this: > > = A1*B1+A2*B2+A3*B3+A4*B4+A5*B5+A6*B6 and so on > > Can someone please help me. > > Thanks in advance, > Emili...

Green triangles #2
thanks for such a speedy response, teh placement of 1 in cell an edit,paste special, multiply works, but why? the value function doesn't work, as the green triangle seems to rende the contents of the cell as neither number or text. strange. once again thanks : -- Stevethedo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Stevethedoc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27800 Happy to help. Thanks for the feedback. As to why one works and not the ot...

ActiveX problem #2
Deal all Before I explain my problem, let me tell you that I am using Windows XP and Visual C++ version 6.0. I made a new Dialog based application and added an ActiveX control Microsoft Office Spreadsheet 10.0. I don’t remember but there are almost more than ten classes added to my project. Without even adding a single line of code of my own, there were 29 build errors all of the same type (type conversion from LPDISPATCH to CSpreadsheet). I made a constructor for CSreadsheet taking LPDISPATCH as parameter, and then I added a copy constructor for that class and finally a default constructor....

Workflow design in 4.0
Hi, It would be nice if we had the possibily to make OR statement in the designer, sometimes i need to have more than one statment on a wait step. -- Best regards, Anders Jeppesen MCP, MCTS, MPV KEYZONE ApS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www...

lookup and count #2
I have the following type data and need to first lookup by the dealer # and then count the model number but need to use wild cards. I can use =COUNTIF(DATA!A2:G1034,"8EC*E*") for all dealers combined but can seem to cound by dealer? Please help! col B col C 4993059 4F25NL 4993059 4F55NL 4993059 8EC5EC 4993059 8EC5EL 4993059 8ECXE9 4993059 8ECXEH 4993059 8EDXEL 4993059 8N35BL 4993059 8PA51L 4993059 8PA52X 4993250 4BH57Z 4993250 4BH57Z 4993250 4E251L 4993250 4E251L 4993250 4E251L 4993250 4F255L 4993250 4F255L 4993250 4F255L 4993250 4F255L 4993250 4F255L 4993250 4F25NL 499...

Slow Login #2
I am having issues with a machine which does not host the Store Operations DB being slow to sign in. When the cashier signs in it thinks for about 10 seconds then lets you in to POS. They are on a 100mb network but suspect it is a comms issue backto thw SO. ...

Restoring mailbox store fails
I've just installed a Windows Small Business Server which comes with Exchange 2003 Standard. The problem is that I can't restore mailboxes. What am I doing wrong? Here is how I try to do it: - Backup using ntbackup utility in advanced mode MS Exchange server\First Storage Group - Create Recovery Storage Goup and then Connect Database - Mailbox Store. After this I have First Storage Group with Mailbox Store mounted and Recovery Storage Group with Mailbox Store unmounted. Folloing step is restore Mailbox Store from backup. I run ntbackup and in Select what to restore mark First ...

Refund checks #2
Can someone explain what options I have for issuing refund checks to customers? I need to do this once per year but would rather not set them up as vendors. However, I cannot find a way to print checks for them without setting them as vendors. Thanks, John Trax There is a customer/vendor consolidation process that is very good. Depending on your license model, it may be an extra cost option. Check with your GP Partner. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.Acco...

Outlook 2003 and Business Contact Manager
Hi, I'm having a weird problem with Business Contact Manager (BCM), when I reboot Outlook start automatically, but BCM is not there, if I start Outlook manually then BCM is there Why is it that if Outlook start from the Startup folder at boot BCM won't load, but when it's been start manually BCM is loaded -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin ...

Credit Memos #2
Is there a way to list the credit memos individually on the check remittance vs. automatically including it in the invoice. Thanks ...