WEPOS and RMS SO

Have you all seen the Store Systems Study 2006 @
http://www.edgellcommunications.com/main/download.php?_id=88

WEPOS is what retailers want at the POS!

And RMS is what they want to put on that box... so please...

VOTE FOR RMS SO on WEPOS !!!

Microsoft ROCKS!!!

Marc Wagner
www.gmroii.net

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e4d94953-ebc6-4257-a709-533d90d25e2b&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
MarcWagner (18)
2/13/2006 2:32:27 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hold any record for return transactions on tender in RMS
Hi all How can I do hold any record for return transactions on tender in RMS thanks ...

RMS PINPAD
What cable does one need to utilize the verifone 1000SE with RMS? I already use a keywedge with the keyboard for my scanner. I am ready to go from a credit card terminal to using RMS for all card transactions. Thanks for any help This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C77324.72C46940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable oldtimer, You will need Verifone part # 10776-02 for the cable. That will convert = from a RJ-11 that plugs into the pinpad to a 9 pin to plug into your = computer's C...

RMS Integration to GP #2
Good afternoon all, I am looking to source an enhanced integration for RMS to GP9. I have found solutions from both Nodus and Profad. Both seem to provide the functionality we require but I was wondering if anyone on here has done any comparisons between Nodus Retail Advantage and Profad RMS ConnectPro? Obviously we'll do our own evalutaion too but as both companies use online demos it's harder to judge than a hand-on test so I'm looking for all help I can get in starting off. Also, if anyone knows of any otehr vendors selling an enhanced integration I'd love to hear...

POS vs RMS and central database.
I have been asked to look into pos system for our stores. We have a central warehouse and 5 remote stores. However we are thrift store based with 2nd hand merchandise so no pre upc codes and no reorders. All items are price with barcodes in the warehouse and shipped out. MS RMS looks very attractive as does MS POS. We have a central server in the warehouse that has a full SQL 2000 server available. Can MS POS replicate the store data to the central sql server in the warehouse like RMS does? I like the structure of RMS but many of the features just don't ably to use like layaway, reorder, ...

RMS, bulk items
How to do a PO and cycle count for bulk chesses, any ideas thoughts please. ...

SCOM RMS install account to use
Security wants to see why we cant use a local account to install RMS. We did. Now running setup for other components such as Reporting, which connects back to the RMS, and the RMS cannot verify that the account being used is in the SCOM admins domain security group. Installing RMS with a domain account rather than local account fixes this. Where's the documentation that says you must install with a domain account and cannot use a local account? And if a domain account is used, what happens if that domain account is later deleted - Security is asking ..... Tks, Joe Wrong...

Is RMS cart
www.lanservices.com avnish@lanservices.com ------------------------------------- For an online retailer using Microsoft Dynamics RMS, it is extremely difficult to synchronize the RMS and his shopping cart. Both the RMS and web store do not always display the same set of products or the shopping cart cannot send the order detail to RMS simply because � these two are not integrated! The solution � use a shopping cart that truly integrates with your RMS. Out of not-so-many, one of the best such solution is 24SevenCart. RMS cart can take your RMS online in the least possible time. The integratio...

RMS Ver 1.2 Hooks in Wepos ( Please Help )
We created tender begin hook (dll file ) for RMS ver 1.2 SP3 , its working fine with Windows 2000 Professional Operating System. Now we have installed a New POS hardware with Windows Embedded Point of Service (WEPOS)Ver1.1. After this above said new POS installation,the hook which we created is not working fine , at the time of executing the hook RMS showing the following error message. " an unknown error occured while executing object "myhook.tender". Regards vijay ...

On POS (not RMS) Adjusting Time Clock Defaults to Today's Date
When an employee negelects to time out and we make adjustments on a subsequent day, the Time Clock display will default to today's date even though the correct date is selected in the Employee's Time Clock window. You have to select Save and Close, then reopen the Time Clock event, then adjust the time out time to the correct date. Anybody else notice this bug? M Kalmus Dogtooth Coffee Company ...

Removing Layaways from RMS
Is there a quick way to remove all past layaways from the RMS SQL Database? When layawyas were used in QS2000 at my store, they were never entered correctly. I would like to blast all old layaway information, instead of deleting each single line at a time. Thanks in advance, Ryan ...

Does RMS 2.0 require .NET for .DLL and custom App.?
Does RMS 2.0 require .NET for .DLL and custom App./ Jason Yes You can Code with .net for RMS custom applications Regards Ganesh "Jasoncleme" wrote: > Does RMS 2.0 require .NET for .DLL and custom App./ > Jason But RMS earlier verison you could use Visual Studio 6. From Customization Guide: "Future versions of Microsoft Retail Management System will be in .NET. You can create add-ins for the current version either by writing in Visual Studio 6 or by writing in .NET with a COM wrapper. If you write in Visual Studio 6, you will need to port the add-ins to .NET for futu...

wanted: custom RMS/SQL programming
My company wants to integrate our membership database (currently the one I made in MS Access) with RMS so that only members are allowed to purchase product at our 6 storefronts. This is a big customization project and I'm looking for suggestions to companies that can handle the job. Here's basically what we need done: Currently we only use Global Customers for employees (this is how we give employee discounts)--but I'd like to expand things so that as we create new memberships (in a different database), RMS immediately recognizes them. Here's some important milestones of the p...

Rms Add on Vendors
We are taking bids on RMS resellers that write add-ons this is what we need. We need an add-on that would: When the cashier signed on it would 1. Ask for their carton count for cig. Then the program would calculate what the cashier said was left from the night before and see if it matched if it didn’t there should be some sort of note to recount and secondly a note sent to the HQ or SO notify the fact that the carton count is short or over. So during that cashiers shift if a carton was sold or stocked for single sells it would deduct from the carton count the cashier should have at ...

GP and RMS Integration
I have a client who is being told that RMS distribution operates just as good as Dynamics GP distribution and that we should have used RMS for distribution and not GP. (Specifically GP Purchase Order Processing with Invoice Match and Inventory.) We built an integration where: GP Item insert/updates into RMS Item RMS Batch Quantities inserts into GP Inventory Adjustments And about to write RMS Batch Sales and Tenders into GP Revenue JE and Bank Deposits. (or use the existing RMS to GP integration) Again, the problem we are facing is that they are being told by others not to use GP, i...

RMS Mapping
------------------------------------- Hi everyone. I am a single store owner and i have been using quickbooks 2003 for my accounting. I recently bought another system for the back office and wish to upgrade to QB 2009. After uninstalling QB 2003 from the first computer and installing QB 2009 on the new computer, i discovered that RMS manager still maintained the mapping to the old system. Infact it is greyed out not allowing me to create a new mapping. Please how do i correct this. Thanks. ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://...

ANN: New Book for WEPOS and POS for .NET
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C6E3A4.0443ED20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a new book coming out: Windows Embedded for Point of Service and = POS for .NET Step-By-Step. Available for pre-orders at=20 http://www.sjjmicro.com The book consists of nine (9) chapters broken into two parts: WEPOS=20 installation and configuration, and working with POS for .NET. Following = a=20 "Learn-by-doing" philosophy, there are many hands-on, step-by-step=20 exercises. Topics ...

RMS should have auto log off if system is idle
it would be nice to have auto log off if the system is idle for a specific amout of time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=555af75d-267a-4ecf-8296-9da84065f19...

Matrix dimensions on Label RMS 2.0
Howdy, Is it possible to print the dimensions of a matrix on labels? on RMS 1.3 the sub descriptions would populate when creating a matrix. then the labels would show the sizes and colors etc. In RMS 2.0 the sub descriptions cant be populated automatically. so how do you make the dimensions show up on the label? Can the matrix dimensions be pulled to the label format? How? Im using Barcode blaster printer thanks -- Jon Kahn Confluence Kayaks hi, it is possible in one is that you can have trigger or stored procedure to accomplish this , dimenstion can be set to item detail1..3 fields a...

RMS Store on WePOS
I think since MS is so active in promoting the current RMS (1.3), WePOS should be supported in the current version. Even though it is very likely to be supported in 2.0, it would be a great enhancement to the current version, so the clients does not have to wait (forever). To Microsoft: Don't make the same mistake like CRM & GP ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link...

How do I integrate RMS with a Web Store??????
I want to automate web orders into RMS and RMS inventory pricing into a web store. I am purchasing a small hobby store and just purchased RMS and a POS system. This is not a huge business so I can't afford a $10,000 custom coded solution. I will be changing my existing web site so am open to anything that is cost effective. Based upon previus messages here I have investigated the following : 1) Using Storefront and Newstechs two way integrator: Storefronts parent company apparently has a bad reputation with a lot of its users and some people have had a LOT of problems trying to ge...

SQL Database RMS- Desktop
I am looking at getting a new back up system from dell. I was told that the desktop version of MS SQL Desktop for RMS will not take advantage of the new Multitasking chips by Intle (ie Xeon Quad Core ect). I was wanting to put the Software on another system that does auto back ups. But was concerend with speed (that is why I wanted a faster multitasking chip). Do I need to get SQL Server? Do I need to get server 2003? Any ideas Write a script that backs up the database to a slave drive or thumbdrive or something like that and set the script as a task with a schedule to run it. ...

RMS 2.0 Matrix Question
In the Martix/Component Items Tab, you can choose the "Add Items" button and select to add an existing item. The problem is the item is added to the matrix without any information in the Dimension 1 field and you can't update that field. How can you create a matrix for existing items, with out recreating them from scratch? Recreating them looses all previous sales information. We did this frequently in 1.3 in cases where a non matrix item is now being offered in more than 1 size and now should be matrixed. Thanks, TomT ...

RMS IRM
Hi I am running WinXP with office 2007 pro. I previously had office 2003 and i use to protect files. Now, when i open a old file with protection on it to edit the file, i click on the developer tab and click unristicted access it prompts me to download a file which i did and it asks me to purchase some irm or something. Is there a way to remove irm as i bought office 2007 and now i cannot edit many files. ...

WEPOS and RMS SO
Have you all seen the Store Systems Study 2006 @ http://www.edgellcommunications.com/main/download.php?_id=88 WEPOS is what retailers want at the POS! And RMS is what they want to put on that box... so please... VOTE FOR RMS SO on WEPOS !!! Microsoft ROCKS!!! Marc Wagner www.gmroii.net ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-...

RMS Client Crashes
We are running a 3 license system with the RMS application server residing on lane 1. Lane 2 is connected via a wireless LAN. The third [receiving] station is connected via an ethernet cable to the wireless router. We get frequent crashes on Lane 2, and often a blind closed batch is created and new batch is opened. (This makes the bookkeeper cranky.) The error message indicates anetwork error, but when we test the station (by opening a web browser) the connection is there. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions? RMS is extremely sensitive to network conditions. A wirel...