VPN to recognize dongle

Hi

Documentation 835953 says that Store Operations and QuickSell 2000 ar
not compatible with WAN, VPN, Windows Terminal Services, or Citri
environments. We were able to do some workaround for Windows Termina
Services for the system to recognize the dongle. However, we'r
wondering if anybody has a workaround for VPN connectivity t
recognize the dongle

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0
rizza.wyn (17)
7/20/2005 8:03:16 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rizza,

Setup RMS as you normally would pointing the pos machine to the server as if
it were a LAN.
Setup up your VPN and connect, once connected open POS it will recognize the
dongle. If you leave the POS app open the VPN connection should remain
stable.
BIG NOTE.
I assume you are trying to connect two different physical locations, this is
completely against the MS licensing agreement and I do not endourse the
above configuration. This is clearly a case were you would need a HQ or 2 or
more single user licenses.

Rizza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Documentation 835953 says that Store Operations and QuickSell 2000 are
> not compatible with WAN, VPN, Windows Terminal Services, or Citrix
> environments. We were able to do some workaround for Windows Terminal
> Services for the system to recognize the dongle. However, we're
> wondering if anybody has a workaround for VPN connectivity to
> recognize the dongle.
You can use RMS through VPN.. but you can't work with 1 dongle for two
different stores..

antonio
0
amazzeo (368)
7/20/2005 7:48:17 PM
I have a similar situation.  I do not want to violate the licensing
agreement, but am wondering what VPN configuration to set in order to avoid
conflicting the multiple dongle'd machines in the same VPN.  Do I need to
configure different subnets for different stores in the VPN?

"Antonio Mazzeo" <amazzeo@email.it> wrote in message
> Rizza wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Documentation 835953 says that Store Operations and QuickSell 2000 are
>> not compatible with WAN, VPN, Windows Terminal Services, or Citrix
>> environments. We were able to do some workaround for Windows Terminal
>> Services for the system to recognize the dongle. However, we're
>> wondering if anybody has a workaround for VPN connectivity to
>> recognize the dongle.
> You can use RMS through VPN.. but you can't work with 1 dongle for two
> different stores..
>
> antonio

0
akan1 (3)
9/8/2005 6:48:15 PM
SO Admin takes care of any possibility of conflict.  it's a direct pointer.

"Alan Kan" <akan@akansolutions.com> wrote in message
> I have a similar situation.  I do not want to violate the licensing
> agreement, but am wondering what VPN configuration to set in order to
avoid
> conflicting the multiple dongle'd machines in the same VPN.  Do I need to
> configure different subnets for different stores in the VPN?
>

> "Antonio Mazzeo" <amazzeo@email.it> wrote in message
> > Rizza wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Documentation 835953 says that Store Operations and QuickSell 2000 are
> >> not compatible with WAN, VPN, Windows Terminal Services, or Citrix
> >> environments. We were able to do some workaround for Windows Terminal
> >> Services for the system to recognize the dongle. However, we're
> >> wondering if anybody has a workaround for VPN connectivity to
> >> recognize the dongle.
> > You can use RMS through VPN.. but you can't work with 1 dongle for two
> > different stores..
> >
> > antonio

0
jack6606 (12)

Outlook 2003 over VPN #3
Here is our setup: Windows XP / 2000 Pro Users with Outlook 2003 Remote Connection: Microsoft builtin PPTP VPN w/ Broadband Connection Corporate Env: Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000 Server. Problem: Many users complain that their Outlook does not work after connecting over VPN. Offline is opening fine. Outlook just hangs and becomes unresponsive. Tried all tricks - recreating profile, repairing, reinstalling etc. Also when tested using Dialup connection - Outlook Opens fine. Checked all settings and all looks okay. VPN connecting alright and client able to ping Exchange serv...

Remote Office VPN Internet Access
Hi Have Remote Office (RO) PCs connected to Main Office (MO) (SBS 2003) via h/w router Site to Site VPN, on ADSL. Is it possible to route Internet traffic via the local router rather than using the SBS 2003 box for DNS. Objective is to reduce data traffic on the VPN. I am going to add 2nd ADSL line to split off and soley route the VoIP traffic usinng a static route. Or alternatively use a router with VPN trunking with QoS. However, if Internet traffic was kept 'local', the VPN would have more bandwidth for VoIP/files. -- Many Thanks Drew In article <6...

Windows Update Does Not Recognize Administrator
Vista SP1. I just completed many updates from the Windows update site. With several non critical ones left, I went back to finish. Now I can't download / install because it says I need Administrator permission. I checked user accounts and of course there is only one account listed and it being administrator, which I'm logged in on. I tried changing the account and it recognizes me as an administrator and allowed me to make changes. Applications requiring administrator work just fine but the update site does not :( As per an earlier post I read here, I ran Update Agent 3, s...

VPN to recognize dongle
Hi Documentation 835953 says that Store Operations and QuickSell 2000 ar not compatible with WAN, VPN, Windows Terminal Services, or Citri environments. We were able to do some workaround for Windows Termina Services for the system to recognize the dongle. However, we'r wondering if anybody has a workaround for VPN connectivity t recognize the dongle Any help is appreciated. Thanks Rizza, Setup RMS as you normally would pointing the pos machine to the server as if it were a LAN. Setup up your VPN and connect, once connected open POS it will recognize the dongle. If you leave the PO...

I keep getting "disk media is not recognized. It may not be form.
I have lost over 4 hours of work and need assistance accessing it...help :o) Hi are you saving directly to a floppy disc?. If yes: Don't do this!!! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Emerald wrote: > I have lost over 4 hours of work and need assistance accessing > it...help :o) ...

Laptop VPN User
I've been having troubles with one of our laptop clients. After putting CRM into online mode after some time it disconnects and presents below error messages: An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? -or- An unknown error as occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator When CRM functionality is lost all other SBS functionality and connectivity continues to to work (including exchange...

bills does not recognize transactions M2007
Money 2007 Deluxe Hi, I was wondering if anyone can provide some help on this one. Bills doesn't seem to recognize transactions when the amount is set to be ESTIMATE or the date of the transaction is different. I have an automatic deposit and when I set it up with bills as estimate it will not recognize it and just leaves it as OVERDUE, similar with payment. I have one payment that happens to be fixed amount but sometimes is taken on different date like for example 2 days later or is dated later this has to do with the WEEKEND factor, they do not withdraw any payment on weekend sat...

Exchange ports for a VPN to VPN
What are the minimum TCP/IP Ports needed to be opened on my VPN-to-VPN tunnel in order to have outlook talk to my Exchange 5.5 server? I have multiple offices using a hardware VPN/Firewall (Netscreen). Right now all ports are open on the VPNs but I would like to close off all unnecessary ports to and from the VPNs. *I have one Exchange 5.5 sp4 on W2k Serve *Some users using Outlook Pop/SMTP over the VPN (on different subnet) *Some users using Outlook in Exchange only mode over the VPN (on different subnet *Some users using Outlook in Exchange mode locally on same subnet (nothing needed here...

Great Plains not recognizing serial numbers
When trying to transfer a serial number from return warehouse to Warrenty pool using a transaction, the system is not reconginzing the serial numbers even thought they are in the system. When doing a serial lot trace, the serials are in return warehouse. Would could be the reason why they are not being recognized in the system? Any help would be apprecitated. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dynamic Data Controls with Entity Framework http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/29c02d78-c90d-495a-82fd-c21fe6656ed6/dynamic-data-controls-with-entity-framework.asp...

Query Def not recognized
Query Def not recognized Hello, Using Access =9203=85 I=92ve created a qdf in VBA and I=92d like to use it as part of another query=85 My problem, is that the qdf is not being recognized; i.e., when the query runs, I get a parameter box asking for a value? Here=92s some of my code: =91=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92 Set dbs =3D CurrentDb Dim strQDFname As String strQDFname =3D "myQryDef" 'query def name With dbs Set qdf =3D .CreateQueryDef(strQDFname, strQDFsql) qdf.Close End With Set qdf =3D Nothing =...

Windows Media does not always recognize phone
Windows Media Player Version: 11.0.5721.5268 Windows Operating System Version: Windows XP Task: Syncing the Media Files to a LG Chocolate Touch (VX8575) phone New phone; after dozens of attempts to sync media files from Windows Media Player, it has only recognized my phone once. Can't sync files to the phone. ...

VPN
I am writing an MFC application that needs to send data over the internet to a server. I have that working with CAsyncSocket. Now i would like to have the data encrypted. I can think of two ways. 1. establish a VPN first then send the data through the tunnel. 2. encrypt the data myself and the server can decrypt it. Any comments about which way is preferred? How can I establish a VPN connection from my MFC program? Assuming that I already setup a network connection I just need to trigger that and know when it is ready and be able to close it when finished. Thanks VPN certainly sav...

VPN issue
Hi there. I have a vpn between two pc, one as server, the other as client. Router, as well as windows firewall of the server are configured to let the vpn work (port 1723 and GRE protocol). In fact, when the client calls the server, the vpn is well established and the client is well authenticated. Now, the point is, the client can't access the shared folders of the server. But if i disable the server windows firewall, then the client gets access to the shared folders perfectly. How come? What do i need to open/enable/disable in server windows firewall in orther to let vpn ful...

Not a recognized object type
Hello, When trying to create a new activity in Outlook, this error message appear: "4200 is not a recognized object type" Does anyone know what it means? Thanks! is it with a specific activity type or with all of them? Do you have any custom code behind any activity? Do you get error when u create them from web client? ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Not a specific activity. I don't know about the code behind, but it's only in Outlook. Thanks. "Aamir Bashir" wrote: > is it with a specific activity type or with all of them? > ...

VPN
We can connect several Windows Mobile 5.0 devices such as the Treo 700w or a Motorola Q to our exchange sever without using a VPN is there a way to do the same in Outlook without using a VPN connection? -- Regards, Dan Nelson dmnelson77@verizon.net Cell # 412-559-8646 In news:uGUJwsW5GHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, DM Nelson <dmnelson77@verizon.net> typed: > We can connect several Windows Mobile 5.0 devices such as the Treo > 700w or a Motorola Q to our exchange sever without using a VPN is > there a way to do the same > in Outlook without using a VPN connection? I'...

vpn
hei, i am not able to go online on my outlook client when i am connected via VPN to my office network. i get error that crm server cannot be found. if i open internet explorer and connect to crm, i am able to . can somebody help me. thanks rg ...

A PC with 2 NICs, one for SBS network, one for VPN, VPN does not work if the PC is connected to SBS network
This PC has 2 NICs, one is connected to SBS network, the other one is connected to a Juniper VPN router which is totally isolated from SBS network. We noticed that we could not leave this PC connected to SBS network if we want to use VPN. If we disconnect from SBS network, VPN works fine. Is there any way we can leave both NICs connected and use VPN? If we disconnect from SBS network, the user can not use internet. I have a feeling this is due to the =93Metric=94 priority of the two networks gateways =96 when the SBS Network is connected =96 that Gateway has a higher Metric and ...

Error : The recipient name is not recognized
Hi, I am using Exchange 5.5 in our Org. lately i encounter the problem that some mail we cannot deliver to recipent, however when we use hotmail it can, can someone here help me, thanks. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: testing Sent: 26/8/2004 8:58 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'ami@xxxxx.com' on 26/8/2004 1:17 PM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxxxx;l=xxxxxxxxxxx ...

VPN over Internet
Hello Group, Presently, I am running 2 Internet Cafes and Game Station in my home town. Both cafes have a distance of approximate 1000 Mtrs. Both cafes are using high-speed broadband internet connection. Both cafes have 8-8 Desktops PCs indiviually running and 1 server each for internet sharing. All the PCs have Windows XP SP2 Installed including the server. The problem is: Far Cry 2 is very much popular on both cafes and people like to play it in multiplayer mode. On both cafes, there is no problem playing the game in multiplayer mode individually. But a few days before, my...

VPN issues
Recently i have installed Windows Server 2008 on my server in my basement and deployed it as a file server and a VPN so ica naccess my Files remtely since im in the military and travel alot. Heres my issue: From home i can do the following: Access all shares through my networking VPN inside the network to the server VPN to the Routers IP (my server is set to have ports forwarded to allow for VPN) Stream Video Access files Remotely (IE outside my home network) I can setup the VPN so it shows that im connected and the ipconfig in command prompt shows the link is active, howev...

Outlook 2003 NOT connecting over VPN
I have been getting reports from various users that their Outlook 2003 suddenly (as of around January 6) cannot connect to our Exchange 2003 system over our VPN. These users were previously able to connect to Exchange with no problems. Additionally, some of these reports indicate that they can connect one day, but not the next. Connectivity is not consistent. (And before anyone says "Use RPC over HTTP," that's all well and good if they user doesn't need the VPN access for other applications - but if they're on the VPN, RPC over HTTP doesn't connect and Outlook is st...

Problem with Excel not recognizing text in a formula when copied to a new sheet
I just wanted to put this out her, because I have been have this problem for weeks, and could never find an answer to the problem out here. I receive spreadsheets (certain template) from many different people on a daily basis. When I do, I run a few VBA functions on the sheets in order to get the information into Access. I had this problem for a couple of people that the new sheet was not recognizing the data as anything at all. I have two tabs, one tab would have the data and you could see it, and the other tab was filled with references to that data in the format I needed it. The second...

Can Excel recognize a word for a number?
I am trying to import some information from an imported source into Excel. But the information is in text and I would like to make some charts. Is there a way to change the text to a word value? I haven't actually tried it myself, but someone at work said to multiply the number that's showing up as text by 1 and results will be a number. Good luck Dolphin wrote: > I am trying to import some information from an imported source into Excel. > But the information is in text and I would like to make some charts. Is > there a way to change the text to a word value? ...

VPN ISSUE
Hello friends How are you First of all thanks for your support. I have created VPN tunnel between two routers .But I can not map drive from my branch office . Let me Explain briefly My client have two offices . Server is in head office having network 192.168.0.0 with few users.(Server Ip 192.168.0.1 )and in branch office I have network 172.16.0.0. I have made VPN tunnel in both the routers and all my clients in branch office are pinging server (192.168.0.1). The main issue withe me is I am no mapping drives from my branch office I have also used command prompt to map dri...

Windows 98 .pub file isn't recognized by Windows XP
How do I access a .pub file generated with the Microsoft Publisher in Windows 98 in Windows XP Home Edition? It's not the version of *Windows* that matters - it's the version of *Publisher*. Which version of Publisher is loaded on the system with Win XP Home? And which version of Publisher are you using on the Win 98 system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nhwoods" <nhwoods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E4976B9-76AE-4E17-92F1-63F5607A67EB@microsoft.com... > How do I access a .pub file generated with the Microsoft Publisher in ...