void credit card

If someone has a quick minute please explain to me how to properly credit a
customer's card if the card is no longer in our possession (only have last 4
digits)
We have a few occassions where the cashier has voided a sale paid via credit
card and the credit card receipt was printed (w/o autho #).
Some time later customer contacted us that the credit on their account was
never made...
Thank you for your time.
diana
0
ZCSF (31)
11/26/2007 8:21:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Time to get rid of pccharge.

===============
"ZCSF" <ZCSF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If someone has a quick minute please explain to me how to properly credit
> customer's card if the card is no longer in our possession (only have last
> 4
> digits)
> We have a few occassions where the cashier has voided a sale paid via
> credit
> card and the credit card receipt was printed (w/o autho #).
> Some time later customer contacted us that the credit on their account was
> never made...
> Thank you for your time.
> diana

0
maurice1766 (189)
11/26/2007 11:06:10 PM
What processing software are you using?
If pc charge you and use trout number to look up complete card info and then
void it.

0
Rick5747 (287)

Auto-void Posted SOP Invoice when Invoice in RM is voided
The client wants the ability to void a SOP Sales Transaction entry after it has been posted. The system will void the "receivables" invoice, but will not void the SOP invoice and thus no adjustment is made to inventory (i.e. put the quantities back into inventory). The client wants the ability to Void a Posted invoice and update the inventory quantities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see...

First Data now Support Direct Credit Card Support
paymentsetup.com , part of First Data Independent Sales can setup built-in credit card processing with great rates. Go Check out www.paymentsetup.com now. PaymentSetup.com also offers referral programs. Vital or pc charge ? -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1403 vendaliajat@yahoo.com "TTan88" <ttan88@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3F7F40E6-A41F-4ECB-B64F-C7ED7EBA7871@microsoft.com... > paymentsetup.com , part of First Data Independent Sales can setup built-in > credit card processing...

Vouchers / Gift Certificates / Store Credits
We are implementing vouchers for gift certificates and store credits. The problem I have found is that if we sell them, they show up as a sale and not as liability (ie deffered revenue). The only way I have found around it is to tender the amount to them. I then found you have to sell the voucher before you can tender anything to it positive or negitive. So then the process of doing a gift certificate takes two transactions. One to sell the voucher for zero dollars, and the second one to tender to both cash (or whatever method they use to pay for the gift certificate) and the vouche...

Change Void date on voided AP invoice
We used the wrong void date when we voided an AP invoice in GP 9.0. The void date used was the previous period which in now closed and we'd like to change the void date to the current open period. Does anyone know if this void date can be changed either through GP or directly in the SQL2000 database? Thanks in advance. Doug, You may want to copy and paste the following script into SQL Server Management Studio's query window: declare @newdate datetime declare @vchrnmbr char(20) set @newdate = 'mm/dd/yyyy' set @vchrnmbr = '0000000000XXXX' update pm30200 set voidpda...

Credit Card Settlement
It would be helpful if the native credit card settlement "Settle EDC Batch" could be performed from within the POS register application via a custom POS button instead of only through the Manager program. In many cases this would eliminate the need for cashiers to access Manager at all during the day. This is a simple solution instead of having to set security levels for cashiers to only have access to that Settle EDC Batch menu item. ...

Credit as debit for citi-card
I have a citi-bank credit card and all the charges are showing up in black as credit and payments are negitive. The total is correct correct in () meaning negitive. The card is set up as credit card (grayed) with automatic download. In microsoft.public.money, Roberta Cohen <Roberta Cohen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a citi-bank credit card and all the charges are showing up in black as >credit and payments are negitive. The total is correct correct in () meaning >negitive. In a credit card account a positive number represents that you owe money. At he botto...

Void EFT Payable payment
Unfortunately, if you void a transaction it doesn’t automatically remove it from the Generate EFT file. If you look at the document before voiding you will see the payment listed as voided but the Generate EFT generates the payment any way. I would like the Generate process to remove any voids from the system from the transmission. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

increase Cedit Card Limited
How do I increase credit card limited in Money 2007 when I original setup? Go to the Account Register for the CC card. In the LH column click on "Change account settings". Scroll down in the RH pane to "Change Credit Details" and type in the new limit. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Luan Pham" <louie10@charter.net> wrote in message news:k96i83tv49t5tkjacm1gbgmft9ig52c6ab@4ax.com...

where to buy business card stock
I need to know sources for purchasing card stock on which to print my own business cards. Any decent office supply store would be a start.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "mssc6644" <mssc6644@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3139653C-C4F9-492D-BEDE-472A6FE02BBE@microsoft.com... >I need to know sources for purchasing card stock on which to print my own > business cards. ...

Updating GL Account Cards
Two questions: Does anyone know if there is a way to Mass Modify a set of accounts (identified by the last segment) to unmark the "Allow Account Entry"? If an account is marked as Inactive, will it continue to appear on Financials in FRx and other GP reports? Thanks Jav, There is no option to 'mass' unmark the Allow Account Entry, but you could do this directly in the SQL tables if you are comfortable with that. If an account is marked inactive it will continue to appear on reports in GP and FRx. Some GP reports have a filter to exclude Inactive accounts. -- Vict...

Cannot convert from void to void?
Hi. I am having some strange troubles creating a dropdown menu at my toolbar. I have followed this tutorial: http://www.codejock.com/developer/article05.asp My problem occurs at this line: ON_NOTIFY(TBN_DROPDOWN, AFX_IDW_TOOLBAR, OnToolbarDropDown) which get the odd message: error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(NMTOOLBARA *,LRESULT *)' to 'void (__thiscall CCmdTarget::* )(NMHDR *,LRESULT *)' The OnToolbarDropDown is implemented as: afx_msg void OnToolbarDropDown(NMTOOLBAR* pnmh, LRESULT* plRes); The only difference th...

2 NIC cards
Hi I have SBS 2008 with 2 nics. When I configure it for Teaming that 2 nic will shown as one, the internet configuration failed, it cannot see the ip of the nic and the ip of the router. If I configure it as one nic its ok. The server is HP Proliant ML350 G6. Any idea? Than'x Shay __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4901 (20100227) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Hi Shay: You will have to drop off the second nic to run the wizards. Drop off as in ...

Printing post cards
Is it possible to print to a single post card with publisher or do you need to always print to mutlple card sheets? I have been doing this for years with print shop with ease bnut publisher doesn't appear to be able to. Setup the page manually... Custom, input 5.5 x 4.25. If you are using a whole page of cards and only want to print one, set your page for landscape, arrange, two rows, two columns. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dspears" <dspears@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Two CC cards at same bank
I have two cc cards (different acct numbers) with the same bank. It's a big bank and supported by Money. The bank forced me to use a different user name for each account. It appears that money can take only one user name per bank. Can I get a second 'instance' of the bank so I can enter the other username. Also, downloading info from within money to the account that's set up doesn't work. I can go to the web site and import the data, but this doesn't seem to be clean. It imports already electronicly clear transactions and reconciled transactions. I checke...

Crediting a customer
I have been a user of Money since Money 95 back when that came out. When 2003 came out I bought the small-business addition and started tracking my small business on it as well. It works great but I have one small problem that is constantly leaving me wondering what to do: Let's say I write an invoice to a customer for $100.. no problem, I create the invoice in the system, print it out and send it to the customer. Then a week later, I decide, after the person refers a new customer who buys alot of product, that I want to credit them $25 on their account for the referral. I can't f...

Not void a voided payment
To have the ability in Great Plains to unvoid a voided payment. It is a long process to run paid transaction removal, remove transaction history while you can just have one click on the mouse to unvoid a payment. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

Credit Card Types
Is there a way to get subtotals for the different Credit Card types in the EDC batch reports, without haveing to create separate tenders for each credit card type (Visa/Master/Amex etc)? In other words I would like to just have ONE Credit Card tender at the POS (less confusing and time consuming for the cashiers) but have my CC reporting broken down in the different CC types. Most "other" POS systems will automatically do this, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get this working in RMS without having to create multiple CC tender types. If RMS is not capable of ...

Business card templates?
Anybody know how to get Publisher templates for Avery stock that's not built in to the program. I use #8376 business cards and can't find a template for them. I know I can jigger program settings to allow me to get the things out, but it would be so much nicer if I didn't have to. -- It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop... Have you looked on the Avery web site? I'd try that first. On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 10:41:01 -0700, "thepeartree" <thepeartree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Anybody know how to get Publisher templates for...

Applying Credit to a Customers Invoice
In Money Plus, I have a customer that has a credit due to an overpayment. On the next invoice, I tried to credit the customer and clicked on apply credit, but it doubled the credit and posted the invoice total to my checking account. How do I apply a credit to a customers invoice without it posting to my checking account? =?Utf-8?B?RWxpemFiZXRo?= <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 01 Apr 2008 in group microsoft.public.money: > In Money Plus, I have a customer that has a credit due to an > overpayment. On the next invoice, I tried to credit the customer and >...

Void Orders
Is the a way to void numerous orders at once? I have 175 orders that need to be voided and would like to do the process only once. Deleting the documents is not an option as I need to retain the document and reason for voiding it available for customer service purposes. -- HK If you are able to identify the 175 orders in a smartlist by filtering on a criteria(s), then you can record a macro to go and void the transactions. You might want to record a macro voiding 10 documents and then just repeat it. For example, if all the 175 orders were part of the same batch, then you ...

Credit Card Balance showing up as income
I've "fixed" this 2-3 times, but MONEY 2004 continues to send me back with the same problem. There appears to be a bug with my software as my Credit Card shows my charges as income and my credits as expenses. I downloaded my statements and doublechecked to make sure everything is in the right column. As some points, the account balances the credits/charges perfectly with the account following proper math. At other times, it reverses the two and actually says I have more money when I spend it. Any thoughts on how I can get rid of this. It really throws of my Account Lis...

Graphic card comparison
I have been having a problem with my new GT220 graphics card. (nv4_disp.dll infinite loop.) I need to replace it and, due to this problem, I am considering a ATI card instead. What I would like to know is what ATI card is comparable to the nVidia GT250 chipset card. I am reluctant to use a nVidia card in this machine because I strongly believe that it is a chipset conflict of some kind. LeeG wrote: > I have been having a problem with my new GT220 graphics card. (nv4_disp.dll > infinite loop.) I need to replace it and, due to this problem, I am > considering a ATI ...

Void Invoices printing as Invoices, not Void
I downloaded the customersource FullPageInvoice.XML. This solved the problem we had with "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt" printing at the top right of the transaction, but created a new challenge of Void transactions being labelled "Invoice". The instruction in the file that is different than the old "FullPageSlip.XML" reads as follows: <COLUMNHEADER> <ALIGNMENT> ">~" </ALIGNMENT> <WIDTH> PageWidth * 0.40 </WIDTH> <IF><CONDITION> Transaction....

Split AMEX Card and AMEX Sign and Travel?
Money 2003 Deluxe I have a American Express card that of course splits into the regular monthly charges (paid in full at the end of each month, and no interest), and the Sign and Travel part, which is a revolving account that charges interest. If I download from Amex, the entire account d/ls, mixing the non-interest and the interest charging account together. Is there a way to split into two accounts, and download each portion separately? I'd like to be able to maintain two accounts on Money -- one that shows me what I owe in full at the end of the month, and another that shows t...

Gift cards/over tendering Credit Cards/ Reload Vouchers
Here is the scenario: I have a gift card #12 (OR VOUCHER #12). These are plastic cards that I would like to reload as the cusomer wants to put on more money. So the customer comes in with the card and wants to add $100 to the card. When the POS sale screen is blank, no items selected, I press enter, which brings up the tender field. In 'cash' i put +$100 in the Gift card field I put -$100 It asks for the voucher number, i swipe the gift card and- boom, you have another $100 on the card. Esentially swapping tender with the customer. Here is the problem, I want to add more $ t...