Visual Studio 2005 C# Example?

Anyone have a solid example of using VS2005 and C#.NET to create a COM
componenent. I'm having a devil of a time getting things to work...
0
sarton (4)
10/12/2006 9:20:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Anyone... anyone...?

"sarton" wrote:

> Anyone have a solid example of using VS2005 and C#.NET to create a COM
> componenent. I'm having a devil of a time getting things to work...
0
sarton (4)

Great Plains and SQL 2005
Hi Is there any info regarding to what version of Great Plains will be supported on SQL 2005? I remember someone mentioned that MGP 8.0 service pack 3 or 4 will allow GP8 work on SQL 2005.....what about GP 7.5? Does anyone have any URL or whitepaper for the above query? -- Regards James[MVP] Visit MBS Blog Central http://mbscentral.blogs.com James The yet to be released Version 9.00 of Great Plains will support SQL 2005. A Service Pack for Version 8.00 will be released to support SQL 2005. Version 7.50 has just had its last Service Pack (SP7) release and will not support SQ...

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

Standard Visual Basic vs Visual Basic for Applications
I've recently purchased Front Page and understand that I can code with Visual Basic as part of this software package. 1. What does Front Page contain: Standard Visual Basic or VBA? 2. Do either or both work with Visual Studio? 3. Is Visio different from Visual Studio? -- Deb Front Page and Visio are both Microsoft Office applications that contain VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). These programs are productivity applications first and programming platforms second. Visual Studio is a pure programming application. (All it does is let you write other programs.) Older versions of ...

C++ equivalent?
Hi, In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. Where a 'normal' property would be set like this in c++: series->MarkerSize= markerSize; c# series.MarkerSize= markerSize; Thanks, Dan. On 23-04-2010 17:41, DanB wrote: > In c# where I would access a named property of a chart series like: > series["DrawingStyle"]= columnStyle; > But I can't figure out how to do the equivalent in c++. > > > Wher...

Money 2005 and IE 7
I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 Any ideas please In microsoft.public.money, old nick_1 wrote: >I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 > >Any ideas please In IE6, I would go to Tools->InternetOptions->Security->TrustedSites->Sites list and uncheck "Require server verification... ". In the trusted sites list I would add these: moneycentral.msn.com fdl.microsoft.com passport.com passport.net login.live.com g.msn.com money:// Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in Tools->...

C-DLL-VBA-EXCEL strings
Hello, I'm trying to connect excel to a C dll library (call C dll from excel through the VBA). It works well for returning integer and double values (see simple example below), but I can't seem to get it to return strings. I am using MinGW gcc (so basically only C) to construct my dll, so I don't have access to BSTR and other cpp like objects/functions... Is there a way to make the C dll return strings to excel? Thanks DLL.c #ifdef BUILD_DLL #define EXPORT __declspec(dllexport) #else #define EXPORT __declspec(dllimport) #endif EXPORT int __stdcall add2(int num){ return num + 2; ...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Unable to debug clr procs on studio pro
When I attempt to debug aclr proc from a windows 2008 box that has studio 2008 pro I am able to deploy the proc. But I receive first a warning then an exception WARNING: Unable to determine if the windows firewall is blocking remote debugging. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. T-SQL execution ended without debugging. You may not have sufficient permissions to debug. Click Help for more information. I'm using Integrated auth in sql connections and am a domain admin on both of the servers. I see nothing in the logs on the sql box that is h...

Visual C++ AND .Net
What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around $800.00). Is this correct? I just need a little direction since I have just been given the go ahead to purchase these items. Any information on these products - from someone who has used them - would be helpful. Thank you Ken >-----Original Message----- >What would be the best package for me to purchase if I want to move from >VC++ 6.0 and VB 6.0 to .Net? I think it is Visual Studio .Net (around >$800.00). Is this correct? I just nee...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

Printing a treeview on a report (or anything visually similar)
The topic says it all. I need to be able to print a hierarchy on a report. There's no limit to the number of levels (tho no more than 10 at the moment). I'm looking to simulate the look of a treeview. I'm stumped and I don't know where to start. Any suggestions are very welcomed. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200801/1 ...

using money 2005 from two different user accounts
Hi, I just upgraded to Money Deluxe 2005. My computer is using the Microsoft XP SP2 operating system. My wife and I have user accounts on the computer customized to our preferences and we would like to be able to use Money from either user login. I installede using My login and configured Money. Then later when using her login to open money it started with the screen as if it were a new install totally seperate from the one I had previously done. Is there a way around this, where when she opens money all the changes made under my user name would be there, or vice versa? Have you tried ...

Modifier and Visual Basic Editor dim ??
Hi, I have already set the security to access the customization tools (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) for my user login. Why is both of this options still dim -- I can't click on these items (Modifier and Visual Basic Editor) because it is disabled. Please advise. Thanks a lot. it wont be available until you have purchased it - it is a separate module. You will get a new set of reg keys that will activate the choices. HS "Dolly" <Dolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1553009B-B7A0-4D54-AAD1-ADD7F17D49A2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Error #2
When I open Outlook 2000, the first time I ger the following error "RUNTIME ERROR PROGRAM:C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE" It says this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. There are two of us on the outlook e-mail that we share. We have two profiles and sepaarate PAB & PST files. I get it the first time, and when I close it out, it will open on the second go around with no problem. When I open the other profile, I get it the first time I open it, the...

C ODBC code not working
Following code connects to database using ODBC calls. I am using VC++ 8.0 ( windows server2003 )for compiling this code,and getting lots of errors. can anybody please help me with this : #include <windows.h> #include <sqlext.h> #include <sql.h> #include <stdio.h> main() { SQLHENV henv; SQLHDBC hdbc; SQLHSTMT hstmt; SQLRETURN retcode; retcode = SQLAllocHandle(SQL_HANDLE_ENV, SQL_NULL_HANDLE, &henv); retcode = SQLSetEnvAttr(henv, SQL_ATTR_ODBC_VERSION, (void*) SQL_OV_ODBC3, 0); retcode = SQLAllocHandle(SQL_HANDLE_DBC, henv, &hdbc); ...

Visual Studio 8.
I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? TonyG wrote: > I currently use Visual C++ Version 6. > > Should I purchase and begin using Visual Studio 8? Maybe, or perhaps wait till the end of the month when Visual Studio 9 is released. :-) > > Do I qualify for the the upgrade version of Visual Studio 8? Yes. Bo Persson Yes and yes. No reason to go through all those other version in my opinion. Tom "TonyG" <TonyG@junk.com> wrote in message ne...

visual aesthetics
does anyone have any links to pages on spreadsheet design from a 'visual aesthetic' viewpoint. i have been building spreadsheets for some years now and have found very little on the finer points of aesthetics. ...

sql 2005 views
I am beginning the process of converting a 15 yr old Access db (frontend) into a website application. It might be 15yo but is still very much used today and has gone thru all the updates over time. The back end is sql server 2005. Much in the front end uses sql views. How are views treated in asp.net sqldatasource? As stored proc, view, table, or ??? How are they referred to in a sqldatasource? Same as a stored proc? Any samples/examples/links of using a view? Thanks...John "JohnE" <JohnE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3BC420E-1EFD...

Visual Studio SP1
Any ideas when it will be avaliable? why asking? Do u found any bugs? And which Visual Studio are you talking about? "JoeB" <joe____A_A_A_A_A_ANoSpamPleaseThankyou_@kybert.com> �������/�������� � �������� ���������: news:OmZecnJHEHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Any ideas when it will be avaliable? > > > Im talking about VS.net 2003, i bought it a while ago and uninstalled it because its far too unusable. Im not using VS.net 2002 which is more stable, but still very buggy. joe "Dmitri Zhukov" <dimazhn@yandex.ru> wrote in message new...

Standard features gone in 2005
Wow...such standard features that I took for granted (cash flow graph and debt reductino planner) are GONE in 2005 standard. And, I cannot find a place to upgrade to Deluxe...only to buy a whole version of it. Puts me in a bad place, since I depended on those features. I know I should've compared the different versions...I just assumed that the standard features would be..well..standard. Time to look at other software. You can exercise the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and then go buy Deluxe. "Blake" <bhnorby@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:293c01c49f79$6ea172...

C++ .NET with mySQL
Hello, I am using MFC with mysql database. I included mysql.h file in .h (header) file of dialog main class. Also I make changes to Options in VS .NET, I mean, I put there these options: Directories -> Include Files - c:\mysql\include Directories -> Library Files - c:\mysql\lib\opt After this, linker ended abnormally, with 7 errors, like this: data_connect error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _mysql_errno@4 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall Cdata_connectDlg::Connection(class ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char&...

Visual C++ versus Visual Basic
Hello, I am aware that this is not a very appropriate place for my questions, but I don't know any other more appropriate place. I have been programming for last 20 years, using Basic, Pascal, Fortran and C++. Of these I liked mostly C++. I usually learned languages by using language interpreter help. Only recently I had to go Visual. I started with Visual Basic for a easy introduction and despite minor starting problems (being Visual means conceptually different) I am now fluent in Visual Basic too. However, when I tried Visual C++, I hit solid brick wall for the first time ...

o.c.r.
DOES WINDOWS XP-PRO COME STANDURD WITH AN O.C.R. ALREADY INSTALLED? Bill ScanSoft's OmniPage Pro OCR will copy into Excel IF it is in spreadsheet format? John "Builder Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8f4f01c485a7$8e13c730$a601280a@phx.gbl... > DOES WINDOWS XP-PRO COME STANDURD WITH AN O.C.R. ALREADY > INSTALLED? ...

Can my MFC Regular DLL run in C++ and Visual Basic?
I have an MFC based dialog application that I want to convert to a DLL. So, as a test, I created a simple MFC Regular DLL that is statically linked to MFC. The DLL has two functions: one to add two ints and return the result and the other to run a dialog contained in the DLL. I can build a simple MFC client app to test the DLL and it works. But when I try to run the DLL using Visual Basic I get a 'Bad calling convention' error. Apparently, this can be solved by adding _stdcall to the exported functions. As I understand it, the problem is due to the fact that there is a difference ...