Urgent urgent urgent

Please Can you help me in that as soon as possible?

When I try to connect 2 machines with single database on our domain it is
showing me the attached error. Is there different kind of license to run 1
database on 2 machines-POS.
[IMG]http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG[/IMG]

http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG

Or is there a way to update quantity from hq or transfer quantity from store
A to store B? We want this to be done within 1 minute at least.

I will try to explain you the problem in details:

For ex.

We have 2 POS using same warehouse and lets assume we have quantity of Z
item 10 and we will divided it 5 in store A and 5 in store B and lets assume
also we sold quantity 6 of the item Z in store A, in this case quantity in
store A will be -1.Can I deduct the quantity 1 from  B stock?? within a
minute ?

Please help me in that
0
Anna (82)
3/5/2006 2:17:28 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Normally happens when the evaluation period has ended on the database if you
have a dongle put it in and it should be fine if its already in check that
its installed correctly and make sure you ragister has different numbers
which is set up in so admin

"Anna" wrote:

> Please Can you help me in that as soon as possible?
>

> When I try to connect 2 machines with single database on our domain it is
> showing me the attached error. Is there different kind of license to run 1
> database on 2 machines-POS.
> [IMG]http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG[/IMG]
>
> http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG
>
> Or is there a way to update quantity from hq or transfer quantity from store
> A to store B? We want this to be done within 1 minute at least.
>
> I will try to explain you the problem in details:
>
> For ex.
>
> We have 2 POS using same warehouse and lets assume we have quantity of Z
> item 10 and we will divided it 5 in store A and 5 in store B and lets assume
> also we sold quantity 6 of the item Z in store A, in this case quantity in
> store A will be -1.Can I deduct the quantity 1 from  B stock?? within a
> minute ?
>

> Please help me in that
No, everything is fine but when i wanted to connect 2 POS with one database i
see this error.
SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZ

"Tom Platinum systems ltd" wrote:

> Normally happens when the evaluation period has ended on the database if you
> have a dongle put it in and it should be fine if its already in check that
> its installed correctly and make sure you ragister has different numbers
> which is set up in so admin
>
> "Anna" wrote:
>
> > Please Can you help me in that as soon as possible?
> >

> > When I try to connect 2 machines with single database on our domain it is
> > showing me the attached error. Is there different kind of license to run 1
> > database on 2 machines-POS.
> > [IMG]http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG[/IMG]
> >
> > http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG
> >
> > Or is there a way to update quantity from hq or transfer quantity from store
> > A to store B? We want this to be done within 1 minute at least.
> >
> > I will try to explain you the problem in details:
> >
> > For ex.
> >
> > We have 2 POS using same warehouse and lets assume we have quantity of Z
> > item 10 and we will divided it 5 in store A and 5 in store B and lets assume
> > also we sold quantity 6 of the item Z in store A, in this case quantity in
> > store A will be -1.Can I deduct the quantity 1 from  B stock?? within a
> > minute ?
> >

> > Please help me in that
0
Anna (82)
3/5/2006 6:24:26 PM
You have 2 machines trying to access the same database as Register 1.
Change one of them to a different register number.  SO Admin | File |
Connect | put in your password | File | Configuration | Register tab

You also need a 2 lane license for 2 machines at the same time.  Help |
About

--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
No, everything is fine but when i wanted to connect 2 POS with one database
see this error.
SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZ

"Tom Platinum systems ltd" wrote:

> Normally happens when the evaluation period has ended on the database if
> you
> have a dongle put it in and it should be fine if its already in check that
> its installed correctly and make sure you ragister has different numbers
> which is set up in so admin
>
> "Anna" wrote:
>
> > Please Can you help me in that as soon as possible?
> >

> > When I try to connect 2 machines with single database on our domain it
> > is
> > showing me the attached error. Is there different kind of license to run
> > 1
> > database on 2 machines-POS.
> > [IMG]http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG[/IMG]
> >
> > http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG
> >
> > Or is there a way to update quantity from hq or transfer quantity from
> > store
> > A to store B? We want this to be done within 1 minute at least.
> >
> > I will try to explain you the problem in details:
> >
> > For ex.
> >
> > We have 2 POS using same warehouse and lets assume we have quantity of Z
> > item 10 and we will divided it 5 in store A and 5 in store B and lets
> > assume
> > also we sold quantity 6 of the item Z in store A, in this case quantity
> > in
> > store A will be -1.Can I deduct the quantity 1 from  B stock?? within a
> > minute ?
> >

> > Please help me in that

0
spam3944 (2163)
3/5/2006 7:51:35 PM
Thank you very much Jeff

"Jeff" wrote:

> You have 2 machines trying to access the same database as Register 1.
> Change one of them to a different register number.  SO Admin | File |
> Connect | put in your password | File | Configuration | Register tab
>
> You also need a 2 lane license for 2 machines at the same time.  Help |
> About
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No, everything is fine but when i wanted to connect 2 POS with one database
> see this error.
> SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZ
>
> "Tom Platinum systems ltd" wrote:
>
> > Normally happens when the evaluation period has ended on the database if
> > you
> > have a dongle put it in and it should be fine if its already in check that
> > its installed correctly and make sure you ragister has different numbers
> > which is set up in so admin
> >
> > "Anna" wrote:
> >
> > > Please Can you help me in that as soon as possible?
> > >

> > > When I try to connect 2 machines with single database on our domain it
> > > is
> > > showing me the attached error. Is there different kind of license to run
> > > 1
> > > database on 2 machines-POS.
> > > [IMG]http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG[/IMG]
> > >
> > > http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG
> > >
> > > Or is there a way to update quantity from hq or transfer quantity from
> > > store
> > > A to store B? We want this to be done within 1 minute at least.
> > >
> > > I will try to explain you the problem in details:
> > >
> > > For ex.
> > >
> > > We have 2 POS using same warehouse and lets assume we have quantity of Z
> > > item 10 and we will divided it 5 in store A and 5 in store B and lets
> > > assume
> > > also we sold quantity 6 of the item Z in store A, in this case quantity
> > > in
> > > store A will be -1.Can I deduct the quantity 1 from  B stock?? within a
> > > minute ?
> > >

> > > Please help me in that

0
Anna (82)
3/6/2006 7:16:14 AM
I get
Not found Error 206: the register is not in the database

Hmmm,
actually no time to buy 2 lane license at least in this period of short time
because we will need to use the system for Formulla 1 event which will start
after 4 days.

what about the other solution?
Could worksheet style 330 to be done automatically and transfer inventory
for the store which has quantity 0 automatically ?

For ex.

 We have 2 POS using same warehouse and lets assume we have quantity of Z
 item 10 and we will divided it 5 in store A and 5 in store B and lets
 assume
 also we sold quantity 6 of the item Z in store A, in this case quantity in
store A will be -1.Can I deduct the quantity 1 from  B stock?? within minute ?

"Jeff" wrote:

> You have 2 machines trying to access the same database as Register 1.
> Change one of them to a different register number.  SO Admin | File |
> Connect | put in your password | File | Configuration | Register tab
>
> You also need a 2 lane license for 2 machines at the same time.  Help |
> About
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No, everything is fine but when i wanted to connect 2 POS with one database
> see this error.
> SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZ
>
> "Tom Platinum systems ltd" wrote:
>
> > Normally happens when the evaluation period has ended on the database if
> > you
> > have a dongle put it in and it should be fine if its already in check that
> > its installed correctly and make sure you ragister has different numbers
> > which is set up in so admin
> >
> > "Anna" wrote:
> >
> > > Please Can you help me in that as soon as possible?
> > >

> > > When I try to connect 2 machines with single database on our domain it
> > > is
> > > showing me the attached error. Is there different kind of license to run
> > > 1
> > > database on 2 machines-POS.
> > > [IMG]http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG[/IMG]
> > >
> > > http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG
> > >
> > > Or is there a way to update quantity from hq or transfer quantity from
> > > store
> > > A to store B? We want this to be done within 1 minute at least.
> > >
> > > I will try to explain you the problem in details:
> > >
> > > For ex.
> > >
> > > We have 2 POS using same warehouse and lets assume we have quantity of Z
> > > item 10 and we will divided it 5 in store A and 5 in store B and lets
> > > assume
> > > also we sold quantity 6 of the item Z in store A, in this case quantity
> > > in
> > > store A will be -1.Can I deduct the quantity 1 from  B stock?? within a
> > > minute ?
> > >

> > > Please help me in that

0
Anna (82)
3/6/2006 7:17:10 AM
Anna,

Add the new register to the database.  SO Manager | Database | Registers |
Register List | Add or Copy | type in the new register number you created.

Try contacting your reseller and see if you can borrow their 3 user dongle
they received free from MS.

Not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but unless the stores are
connecting every minute, the answer is no.

--
*

?

"Jeff" wrote:

> You have 2 machines trying to access the same database as Register 1.
> Change one of them to a different register number.  SO Admin | File |
> Connect | put in your password | File | Configuration | Register tab
>
> You also need a 2 lane license for 2 machines at the same time.  Help |
> About
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "Anna" <Anna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No, everything is fine but when i wanted to connect 2 POS with one
> database
> see this error.
> SOMEBODY HELP ME PLZ
>
> "Tom Platinum systems ltd" wrote:
>
> > Normally happens when the evaluation period has ended on the database if
> > you
> > have a dongle put it in and it should be fine if its already in check
> > that
> > its installed correctly and make sure you ragister has different numbers
> > which is set up in so admin
> >
> > "Anna" wrote:
> >
> > > Please Can you help me in that as soon as possible?
> > >

> > > When I try to connect 2 machines with single database on our domain it
> > > is
> > > showing me the attached error. Is there different kind of license to
> > > run
> > > 1
> > > database on 2 machines-POS.
> > > [IMG]http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG[/IMG]
> > >
> > > http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG
> > >
> > > Or is there a way to update quantity from hq or transfer quantity from
> > > store
> > > A to store B? We want this to be done within 1 minute at least.
> > >
> > > I will try to explain you the problem in details:
> > >
> > > For ex.
> > >
> > > We have 2 POS using same warehouse and lets assume we have quantity of
> > > item 10 and we will divided it 5 in store A and 5 in store B and lets
> > > assume
> > > also we sold quantity 6 of the item Z in store A, in this case
> > > quantity
> > > in
> > > store A will be -1.Can I deduct the quantity 1 from  B stock?? within
> > > minute ?
> > >

> > > Please help me in that

0
spam3944 (2163)
3/6/2006 7:49:12 AM
Also, contact your reseller about just geting a 2 lane dongle - they can be
overnighted, no problem getting it done in 4 days...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com