Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent

I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are 
colleagues). Our software license is as follows:

RMS – Headquarter		:   	

a.	HQs 5 Store Base Pack

RMS Stores Operations	:	
a.	5 Single Store
b.	1-3 stations

Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? 

We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS 
during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but 
the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of 
confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that 
both the POS will talk to the same database? 

Would appreciate your swift reply as we are only 3 days away from the Race.
0
Menon1 (17)
3/6/2006 9:23:27 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
739 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

Menon,

The license means that you can have 1-3 POS (register) machines running 
simultaneously using the same database.  So, from what I'm getting from you, 
it should be OK.

Good luck,
Matt

"Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:884B26C6-3391-4B34-B496-D8875604A8C9@microsoft.com...
>I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are
> colleagues). Our software license is as follows:
>
> RMS - Headquarter :
>
> a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack
>
> RMS Stores Operations :
> a. 5 Single Store
> b. 1-3 stations
>
> Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means?
>
> We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS
> during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but
> the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of
> confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so 
> that
> both the POS will talk to the same database?
>
> Would appreciate your swift reply as we are only 3 days away from the 
> Race. 


0
mrocha (144)
3/6/2006 5:19:58 PM
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help!

We tried connecting 2 POS to a single database but it gives an error saying 
some software violation error. Do we require some additional dongle for this? 
could you please explain how to setup in this way?

thx
menon

"Matt" wrote:

> Menon,
> 
> The license means that you can have 1-3 POS (register) machines running 
> simultaneously using the same database.  So, from what I'm getting from you, 
> it should be OK.
> 
> Good luck,
> Matt
> 
> "Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:884B26C6-3391-4B34-B496-D8875604A8C9@microsoft.com...
> >I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are
> > colleagues). Our software license is as follows:
> >
> > RMS - Headquarter :
> >
> > a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack
> >
> > RMS Stores Operations :
> > a. 5 Single Store
> > b. 1-3 stations
> >
> > Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means?
> >
> > We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS
> > during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but
> > the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of
> > confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so 
> > that
> > both the POS will talk to the same database?
> >
> > Would appreciate your swift reply as we are only 3 days away from the 
> > Race. 
> 
> 
> 
0
Menon1 (17)
3/7/2006 6:58:27 AM
Menon,

There are two possible causes that I can think of:

1. The license is only for 1 POS,
2. Both machines are trying to be register 1.

If 2 is the case, go into Manager with the machine that can access RMS and 
add a register.  Then change the register number on the new machine to match 
that new number.

Good luck,
Matt

"Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:8ABD636E-E5A3-489E-B896-55DB4229BB0B@microsoft.com...
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> We tried connecting 2 POS to a single database but it gives an error 
> saying
> some software violation error. Do we require some additional dongle for 
> this?
> could you please explain how to setup in this way?
>
> thx
> menon
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
>> Menon,
>>
>> The license means that you can have 1-3 POS (register) machines running
>> simultaneously using the same database.  So, from what I'm getting from 
>> you,
>> it should be OK.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Matt
>>
>> "Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:884B26C6-3391-4B34-B496-D8875604A8C9@microsoft.com...
>> >I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we 
>> >are
>> > colleagues). Our software license is as follows:
>> >
>> > RMS - Headquarter :
>> >
>> > a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack
>> >
>> > RMS Stores Operations :
>> > a. 5 Single Store
>> > b. 1-3 stations
>> >
>> > Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means?
>> >
>> > We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS
>> > during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop 
>> > but
>> > the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of
>> > confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database 
>> > so
>> > that
>> > both the POS will talk to the same database?
>> >
>> > Would appreciate your swift reply as we are only 3 days away from the
>> > Race.
>>
>>
>> 


0
mrocha (144)
3/7/2006 4:51:25 PM
Thanks Matt,

The issue is solved. We had a dongle which could be used for this purpose 
but it was fixed on some other POS. We called the reseller and got advice for 
setup and now everything is working fine.

Thanks for your time and support.

Menon.

"Matt" wrote:

> Menon,
> 
> There are two possible causes that I can think of:
> 
> 1. The license is only for 1 POS,
> 2. Both machines are trying to be register 1.
> 
> If 2 is the case, go into Manager with the machine that can access RMS and 
> add a register.  Then change the register number on the new machine to match 
> that new number.
> 
> Good luck,
> Matt
> 
> "Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:8ABD636E-E5A3-489E-B896-55DB4229BB0B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > We tried connecting 2 POS to a single database but it gives an error 
> > saying
> > some software violation error. Do we require some additional dongle for 
> > this?
> > could you please explain how to setup in this way?
> >
> > thx
> > menon
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> >> Menon,
> >>
> >> The license means that you can have 1-3 POS (register) machines running
> >> simultaneously using the same database.  So, from what I'm getting from 
> >> you,
> >> it should be OK.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >> Matt
> >>
> >> "Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:884B26C6-3391-4B34-B496-D8875604A8C9@microsoft.com...
> >> >I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we 
> >> >are
> >> > colleagues). Our software license is as follows:
> >> >
> >> > RMS - Headquarter :
> >> >
> >> > a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack
> >> >
> >> > RMS Stores Operations :
> >> > a. 5 Single Store
> >> > b. 1-3 stations
> >> >
> >> > Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means?
> >> >
> >> > We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS
> >> > during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop 
> >> > but
> >> > the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of
> >> > confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database 
> >> > so
> >> > that
> >> > both the POS will talk to the same database?
> >> >
> >> > Would appreciate your swift reply as we are only 3 days away from the
> >> > Race.
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Menon1 (17)
3/8/2006 2:30:27 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

urgent: snap to connectionpoint does not work anymore
Hi, I'm using visio 2000 to draw an UML diagram. After adding several shapes suddenly when trying to add a dependency, binary association, or anything between two classes, the connector does not snap to the connectionpoints of the shapes to connect. I can not add an interface shape to a class neither. When opening another UML diagram (in a different file) it works fine. Thanks for the response. Serge Desmedt. ...

Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent
I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are colleagues). Our software license is as follows: RMS – Headquarter : a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack RMS Stores Operations : a. 5 Single Store b. 1-3 stations Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means? We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that ...

need urgent help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi i wanted to be able to add or upload images from the form? i have a field called image which is a data type OLE Object, i right click on the field click on the insert object option on the menu an a bitmap image is linked having browsed for it and clicked on the link check box. i want to be able to add images from the form not go to the datasheet view? can you help me please!!!!!!!! also i wanted to have a button assigned to a text box in the form in which you input the image path( where the image is located) and a click of a button the image is displayed in the datatype OLE object f...

URGENT
Hi everyone, I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get an important information from my project. When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a totally confused date. How do I get this date? Best regards, Marco Ferreira Hello Marco, Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]). Best Regards, Ismet Kocaman MCTS, PMP "Marco" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get > an important information from my project. > When I ...

URGENT: How to pass callback func as parameter?
Hi, I have some generic (non MFC) class. CSomeClass { SayHello() { return "Hello"; } } I however wish to be able to OVERRIDE this function with a custom function in some other class like CMyMFCApp. This CMyMFCApp class is NOT subclassed from CSomeClass, so overriding that function can not be done the same way as overriding base class functions (simply redeclaring). I am assuming I must set a call back function: CMyMFCApp::Init() { CSomeClass sc; sc.SetCallback(CMyMFCApp::MyCallback); sc.SayHello(); } CMyMFCApp::MyCallBack { return "Wazzup?"; } Now, I unders...

Read Receipt Storage Location?
Hello, I have office XP Microsoft Outlook via Exchange Server. I was working offline in the offline personal folder and I clicked on a message and it asked "sending has asked for read receipt" I clicked Yes. However since I was working offline, obviously read receipt is not yet sent. however as soon as I go online it will go out ? I went to out box to see if the read receipt is stored there, but this is not the case?? I cannot find. Can someone please confirm me the location where the read receipt are stored temporarly until these goes out, next time someone goes online...

URGENT!!! Problem with row data being truncated in a copy worksheet sub #2
Dave, Thanks for responding. I tried this but I could not get it t work in conjunction with the entire module. It dies right afte copying and PasteSpecial Values It does not kill the temp file or loa the newly created sheet into an e-mail. Any Ideas -- Doctor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DoctorV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26863 You may want to post your current procedure. DoctorV wrote: > > Dave, Thanks for respon...

Outlook Auto Rule (URGENT)
I want setup rule in mailboxx. - When sending message , all the message will forward to another mailbox - After permently delete it this message. - This message only send to special mailbox. I am not sure setup in exchange sever or outlook itself. It need make sure all rule run on server without user open outlook. Thanks J you would be best to go to the Exchange Newsgroups as you have said you need a server side rule. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au <111@it.com> wrote in message news:uDDkJA5uGHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

Urgent
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C38F1B.32073D10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi all, will anybody tell me=20 why are macro's preferred for Message Map entries than the virtual = functions? awaiting response, Ravi. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C38F1B.32073D10 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META h...

Urgent Help Needed
Hi Every now and then (but becoming more and more) when I send an email, everything looks fine but as soon as gets into sent items or the recipient receives it they see it as loads of questions marks and the odd 4 or 5 and I can see it in my sent items as this......as below: I cannot type after this on this messages because the text is then back to front???? I have done an example in normal letters after the symbols which says Hello, my name is Kelly. &#8294;&#26743;&#25449;&#8296;&#29281;&#8293;&#30305;&#26977;&#24940;&#27746;&#8293;&#28271;&...

Data Migration Upload Error
Data Migration Upload Error - Relationships :( Hi, I have a data migration issue which has been causing me a lot of grief over the last few days ... struggling to get to the cause : ( Some background (... a very simplified equivalent): I have 3 entities STUDENT (Contact entity renamed), TUTOR and COURSE; - Each student should only be able to be linked to ONE Tutor record - Each Tutor should only be able to be linked to ONE Student record ------+ To resolve this I have created two "1 to many relationships" and hidden the 'many' part in the relationship definition ...

win2k sp4 with Exchange2003(urgent)
I have install win2k with sp4 (install smtp, nntp of IIS) but in service I could see mta stacks, routing engine, system attendant Should I run forest prep and domain prep before install exchange 2003 in win2ksp4? Which steps should I forget to do ? Thx all Mike What are you not seeing? You can't install Exchange Server 2003 without doing ForestPrep & DomainPrep - if they've already been done you don't need to do them again. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------ "mike3004" <...

Urgently need help
Hi, I want to create a formula i.e. Based on the entered cell data the next cell data should be specific. Example: If I entered 20033a in A3 cell then the answer in B3 cell should be Australia and if A3 cell value contains b letter it should be NZ else if The cell value is c then something else. This should come either we drag the cells or whatever it is. Please help me how to do this. If will be appreciable if i get the solution asap. Thanks in advance Jyothi ...

Urgent urgent urgent
Please Can you help me in that as soon as possible? When I try to connect 2 machines with single database on our domain it is showing me the attached error. Is there different kind of license to run 1 database on 2 machines-POS. [IMG]http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG[/IMG] http://up4.w6w.net/upload/05-03-2006/w6w_2006030517123168130cdc.JPG Or is there a way to update quantity from hq or transfer quantity from store A to store B? We want this to be done within 1 minute at least. I will try to explain you the problem in details: For ex. We have 2 POS ...

Urgent--can't create new accounts
New customer, new install, importing accounts from txt list created from old accounting system Import ran fine, followed proc in the knowledge base, and accounts are created. Run Check Links, creates the GL00105 index table, no errors, select count(*) from GL00100 and GL00105 are the same. But we can't create new accounts. "Sorry, this record has been created since your last attempt to create it" Followed the knowledge base article to correct this (delete from GL0105), and am still getting this error, and can't create a new account. Any help or ideas is greatly appre...

URGENT-Getting rid of Favorites Folder in Outlook 2003
HELP! send me info to pbraquel@yahoo.com. I have just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2003/office11 and I found out that the "Used-To-Be" Outlook Shortcut Bar has been replaced. My concern - when I first launch Outlook 2003 - the Favorites Folder comes on top! I need a way to hide or even to get rid of it. What I am trying to accomplish to bring MyShortcuts first and as a default on left pane. Has anyone of you questioned this feature as a nuisance? Does anyone have a resolution on it? Would appreciate any remedies. I rather like having the favorites appear at the top of the...

Urgent Urgent Urgent!!!
Dear All, I have the following data: Data Amounts 01.01.05 1000 02.01.05 2000 10.01.05 14000 01.02.05 3000 12.02.05 2500 .... etc. ..etc. I need to calculate the sum of all amounts in january, february, march, etc...separately.... in other words, ...if data is within january then sum of january's amounts and so on... I appreciate you help in advance, Ruslan Dates are not in date format..convert all date in to date format...then you can put filter for respective months. "Ruslan" wrote: > Dear All, > I have the following data: > ...

URGENT: SysListView32
Hello, I am trying to double-click a ListViewItem programmatically without success. Here is what my code looks like: ******************************************************** NMHDR nmHdr; nmHdr.hwndFrom = hListView; nmHdr.idFrom = ::GetDlgCtrlID(hListView); nmHdr.code = NM_DBLCLK; NMITEMACTIVATE nmListViewItem; nmListViewItem.hdr = nmHdr; nmListViewItem.iItem = 0; nmListViewItem.iSubItem = 0; bRetVal = ::SendNotifyMessage(hListView, WM_NOTIFY, 0, (LPARAM)&nmListViewItem); // I also tried out with nmHdr.idFrom for the wParam without success. dwErr = ::GetLastError(); ****************...

Urgent help needed with continous page numbers but new footnotes!
Hello, I really really need some urgent help with a page numbering/footnote numbering/section breaks problem- I’m at my wit’s end! I’m not brilliant on computers and am trying to complete my dissertation using Word 2007. I need to start my page numbers within the footer on page 3 of the document, and I know how to do this using a section break, (although I seem to be having a bit of trouble with this too!). However, for each new chapter of my dissertation I need to start a new set of footnotes from number 1, while continuing the page numbering system throughout. So if the se...

Urgent urgent help..
Hi all... I have an application due out this monday. I've been working on it for the past week or so and foolishly haven't run it in Release mode. I've had release / debug problems in the past (different applications).. but nothing like this. The application is a dynamically linked MFC dialog application. Nothing special really. Runs fine in debug. However, when I run in Release, nothing happens! Nothing! According to the task manager, the application is running - it just never shows. I put a message box into the constructor: CTestApp::CTestApp() { AfxMessageBox(_T("Test&...

URGENT
Hi All, I have a table created in excel 2000. Even though it fits in the page (indicated by segmented lines below and to the right of the table) it is printed out truncated. Several rows in the bottom are not printed. It contains the footer. Why? Thank you, Rola One of the possibilities is that your printer is set to print foolscap paper but you have a4 paper in the tray. regards Bill K "Rola" <rlabanic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u4HkRJqSDHA.1588@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have a table created in excel 2000. Even though it fits in the page &g...

Urgent Help For Outlook 2003
Im in serious need of help. The woman in charge of accounts where i work asked me to take a look at her outlook 2003 because it wouldnt start. It kept given an error and then option to boot into safe mode. So I go into safe mode and under the 'help' menu is an option to fix problems (cant remember the exact name). So I run it and it doesnt fix it. I run it a second time, only this time I tell it to restore settings to default (thinking this would just loose any folders she made and dump everything into the inbox). So after its finished fixing outlook, it restarts the program and then...

(Urgent)
Hi.. I am using Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 SP 3 with Business Portal 4.0 SP 2 for microsoft dynamics 10 in windows Server 2008 Enterprice Edition with SQL Server 2005 SP3. I want setting users can access GP via Business Portal so they can input new Customer or Vendor (e.g., when on the Business Portal Customers page, they can click a task that opens a terminal server window and opens the customer maintenance window in GP) but I get this error "null - CWTSSession.openChannels: Invalid Procedure call or argument".Btw I already setting Terminal Services URL in Business Portal dan ...

Urgent-Urgent VBA LOOP
Hello, I need help to determine with thr VBA procedure below, I can to a loop to evaluate each row in column C. VBA Procedure If VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2").Value = "SP" Then Set CellToCheckForSP = VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2") Else Set CellToCheckForSP = VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("F99") End If If VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2").Value = "SP" Then Set CellToCheckForSP = VBPAWkbk.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("C2") Else Set CellToC...

URGENT
WHY I CAN SEND AN E-MAIL FRON HERE??? Where is here? Are you trying to send from a Yahoo account via Windows Mail? Has it ever worked? Any error messages? To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-Plus -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "facebook" <cleopatra_34207@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eWI4BSJ4KHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...