Urgent Urgent Urgent Urgent

I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are
colleagues). Our software license is as follows:

RMS – Headquarter		:

a.	HQs 5 Store Base Pack

RMS Stores Operations	:
a.	5 Single Store
b.	1-3 stations

Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means?

We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS
during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but
the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of
confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so that
both the POS will talk to the same database?

Would appreciate your swift reply as we are only 3 days away from the Race.
0
Menon1 (17)
3/6/2006 9:23:27 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Menon,

The license means that you can have 1-3 POS (register) machines running
simultaneously using the same database.  So, from what I'm getting from you,
it should be OK.

Good luck,
Matt

"Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are
> colleagues). Our software license is as follows:
>
> RMS - Headquarter :
>
> a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack
>
> RMS Stores Operations :
> a. 5 Single Store
> b. 1-3 stations
>
> Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means?
>
> We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS
> during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but
> the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of
> confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so
> that
> both the POS will talk to the same database?
>
> Would appreciate your swift reply as we are only 3 days away from the
> Race.

0
mrocha (144)
3/6/2006 5:19:58 PM
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help!

We tried connecting 2 POS to a single database but it gives an error saying
some software violation error. Do we require some additional dongle for this?
could you please explain how to setup in this way?

thx
menon

"Matt" wrote:

> Menon,
>
> The license means that you can have 1-3 POS (register) machines running
> simultaneously using the same database.  So, from what I'm getting from you,
> it should be OK.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we are
> > colleagues). Our software license is as follows:
> >
> > RMS - Headquarter :
> >
> > a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack
> >
> > RMS Stores Operations :
> > a. 5 Single Store
> > b. 1-3 stations
> >
> > Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means?
> >
> > We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS
> > during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop but
> > the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of
> > confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database so
> > that
> > both the POS will talk to the same database?
> >
> > Would appreciate your swift reply as we are only 3 days away from the
> > Race.

0
Menon1 (17)
3/7/2006 6:58:27 AM
Menon,

There are two possible causes that I can think of:

1. The license is only for 1 POS,
2. Both machines are trying to be register 1.

If 2 is the case, go into Manager with the machine that can access RMS and
add a register.  Then change the register number on the new machine to match
that new number.

> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> We tried connecting 2 POS to a single database but it gives an error
> saying
> some software violation error. Do we require some additional dongle for
> this?
> could you please explain how to setup in this way?
>
> thx
> menon
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
>> Menon,
>>
>> The license means that you can have 1-3 POS (register) machines running
>> simultaneously using the same database.  So, from what I'm getting from
>> you,
>> it should be OK.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Matt
>>
>> "Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am posting this query in continuation to the query posted by Anna (we
>> >are
>> > colleagues). Our software license is as follows:
>> >
>> > RMS - Headquarter :
>> >
>> > a. HQs 5 Store Base Pack
>> >
>> > RMS Stores Operations :
>> > a. 5 Single Store
>> > b. 1-3 stations
>> >
>> > Could you please explain what this 1-3 stations license means?
>> >
>> > We have a merchandise shop where it is difficult to manage with one POS
>> > during the Formula One Race days. We need to have two POS in this shop
>> > but
>> > the inventory cannot be split into two as this will create a lot of
>> > confusion. Is it possible to connect the two POS to a single database
>> > so
>> > that
>> > both the POS will talk to the same database?
>> >
>> > Would appreciate your swift reply as we are only 3 days away from the
>> > Race.

0
mrocha (144)
3/7/2006 4:51:25 PM
Thanks Matt,

The issue is solved. We had a dongle which could be used for this purpose
but it was fixed on some other POS. We called the reseller and got advice for
setup and now everything is working fine.

Thanks for your time and support.

Menon.

"Matt" wrote:

> Menon,
>
> There are two possible causes that I can think of:
>
> 1. The license is only for 1 POS,
> 2. Both machines are trying to be register 1.
>
> If 2 is the case, go into Manager with the machine that can access RMS and
> add a register.  Then change the register number on the new machine to match
> that new number.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Matt,
> >
> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > We tried connecting 2 POS to a single database but it gives an error
> > saying
> > some software violation error. Do we require some additional dongle for
> > this?
> > could you please explain how to setup in this way?
> >
> > thx
> > menon
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> >> Menon,
> >>
> >> The license means that you can have 1-3 POS (register) machines running
> >> simultaneously using the same database.  So, from what I'm getting from
> >> you,
> >> it should be OK.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >> Matt
> >>
> >> "Menon" <Menon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Menon1 (17)

Help with formulas
I am trying to create a table whereby all companies are given a rating/position according to the points scored, against a set of criteria given - ratings of which can be anything between one and ten. Ten being the highest. The maximum score is obviously 80 (eight categories) The rating put in will be manual but I need a formula that will calculate the amount and then look at the highest score and then provide a position number. i.e scores given to individual companies are 80,64,23,10,46. so what I want the formula to do is give a 1 for 80, 2, for 64, 3 for 46, 4 for 23 and 5 for 10. I ...

Pivot percentages urgent help please
how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table Actual YTD Gross Margin $3500 Gross Magin % 35 % pls help Either your clock is wrong or you are trying to stay at the top of the questions. I delete these. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kumar" <Kumar_p50@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OyLKTHw%23DHA.2860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > how do i consolidate percentges in a pivot table > > Actual YTD > Gross Margin $3500 > Gross Magin % 35 % > pls help > > > ...

URGENT!!
I created a form in Outlook using the Tools/Forms/Design a form, and I saved some and published others and now I am receiving all my FacSys faxes in that form instead of my regular message form!? I'm not sure how this happened but PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! How do I revert back to the default on the format for receiving my faxes??? HELP!! :) thank you! Shanda <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a form in Outlook using the Tools/Forms/Design a > form, and I saved some and published others and now I am > receiving all my FacSys faxes in that form instead ...

help with Reporting-MTA: dns; urgent!!
I get a lot of messages that could not be delivered, the error message is as follows: Reporting-MTA: dns;server Final-Recipient: rfc822;jcaldero@itesm.mx Action: failed Status: 5.1.0 X-Display-Name: Juan Manuel Calder=?unicode-1-1-utf-7?Q?+APM-n Cort+AOk-s?= Yah, some e-mail servers are wonderfully informative in their error messages. The fact that you get a lot of messages might hint that you are being used as open relay. See http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/mailexch/excrelay.mspx Jes�s Guti�rrez R wrote: > I get a lot of messages that could not be delivered,...

win2k sp4 with Exchange2003(urgent)
I have install win2k with sp4 (install smtp, nntp of IIS) but in service I could see mta stacks, routing engine, system attendant Should I run forest prep and domain prep before install exchange 2003 in win2ksp4? Which steps should I forget to do ? Thx all Mike What are you not seeing? You can't install Exchange Server 2003 without doing ForestPrep & DomainPrep - if they've already been done you don't need to do them again. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------ "mike3004" <...

Please help me...its VERY Urgent
Hi to all I have a problem taht is like... I make a customize MS agent character with the help of MS character agent editor. Now i want to integrate this agent with my VC++ application but i am not getting how can i code to integrate it or how VC++ take a .acs files to display that animation or agent? its very urgent plz help me as soon as possible. "Adroit" <sweet.sapna9@gmail.com> wrote in message news:94f95c49-4db4-47a3-b0b2-0d87284ff066@j28g2000hsj.googlegroups.com... > Hi to all > > I have a problem taht is like... > ...

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

URGENT-Windows Live One Care Scan whacked my computer big time
I ran two of the three Windows Live One Care Scans... 1. Clean Up-get rid of unwanted stuff that might be slowing down your computer 2. Tune Up-defrag check, and do if needed (was not needed) might be more to this one I've run these scans previously with no problems. I ran them tonight and restarted my computer. When I restarted, had messages regarding Windows not knowing which program to use to open something (I forget exactly how that message is worded...it gives you the option to check the internet to find the program or to browse) I ignored the first message...thought ...

Exchange 5.5 Message tracking ( urgent )
Can anyone remember how to enable message tracking on Exchange 5.5 Is it on the MTA Site Configuration properties or on Information Store properties, and where do you configure the number of days it is kept... It's been long time haven't worked with 5.5 Thanks !!! -- 2 places: http://www.promodag.com/kb/article.aspx?id=10015 "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O2UnogX%23GHA.4428@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can anyone remember how to enable message tracking on Exchange 5.5 > > Is it on the MTA Site Configuration properties or on...

Urgent! "Query builder Error: No entity" message in the workflow s
Hello, I think I deleted an entity which was referenced by a workflow, and now whenever I go in the SETUP\Workflow screen I get a "Query Builder Error: No entity" message. I can't even access the workflow list. Do you guys have any solution to this problem? Thanks 1) Restore your database from a backup from before you deleted the entity 2) Import a customizations.xml file backed up from before you deleted the entity 3) Try re-creating the deleted entity, with the same name, and manually hack the database to set the entity type code (something like 10001) to the same a...

RE: URGENT!! Enquiry regarding CRM problem
Hi! Thanks for directing to Techknowledge... However, I am sorry that I couldn't find the techknowledge in the whole Microsoft website...Would you mind pls forwarding me more info.? A Million Thanks >-----Original Message----- > >Look for Techknowledge 34755. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >After installing the CRM, I encountered some problem while trying to access >thorugh web services, in which the following error returns: > > >********************************************************** ** >MSCRM Application Error Report: &g...

Urgent: Accessing CRM DB
We have CRM installed for our sales team. There is an in house application which has to access the accounts stored in the CRM system. This is avery urgent requirement and to save time we are thinking of accessing the crm database directly to read the accounts (though microsft recommends the use of SDK). My questions are - Is this a safe approach (keeping in mind that we will just read the information, not update/delete anything) - What should be the query filters to pick accounts? Should it be deletionstatecode <> 2 only? The other question I has was, is it ok to create custom ta...

MSCRM3.0 webcontrols --- Very urgent
Hi I am working with MSCRM3.0 . Can we access the MSCRM3.0 controls in Asp.net page? Eg: Is it is possible to display the crm picklist in my Asp.net design page? If yes how is it possible? please inform me as soon as possible. its very important... Thanks in advance madhuri Hi Madhuri, You cannot use crm controls in your own asp.net pages. You will have to recreate the controls which look the same. Kind regards, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Madhuri" wrote: > Hi > > I am working with MSCRM3.0 . Can we acces...

E2k3 Open Relay ---- urgent
I thought E2k3 by default was NOT an open relay. How can I check and change if necessary ??? Server seemed to be hit by a spammer over the weekend. _M_ wrote: > I thought E2k3 by default was NOT an open relay. It's not. > How can I check and change if necessary ??? Server seemed to be hit > by a spammer over the weekend. http://www.abuse.net/relay.html If all 17 tests pass, you're not an open relay. If test 8 or so will show mail to <"securitytest@abuse.net"> as accepted, it doesn't mean your server relays, but mail will be accepted and you wil...

URGENT: Formatting ADO style XML
Hi, I am writing a windows form that will query the database. string query = "SELECT TOP 2 * FROM Northwind.dbo.Customers" ; DBQuery Q = new DBQuery() ; bool result = dbCommander.RunQuery(query, true, ref Q) ; if(result) { stream = new MemoryStream(Q.DataAsByteArray, false) ; stream.Position = 0; XmlTextReader xmlReader = new XmlTextReader(stream); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); ds.ReadXml( xmlReader ); // does not give me anything... Debug.WriteLine( ds.GetXml() ); xmlReader.Close() ; } Here is typically ADO style XML stream I rec...

Urgent Help please Count or SUM ???????
I need to know how to count the values in a column witihn a query. I mean I have a column risk factor and 3 values in my table of H M L, I would like to produce a query that counts all the H and allows me to put that query dtright on to a table for emailing. I have reached a point where my report already produced has the normal =Count(*) embedded as a sub report for this value but it disappears whn an email attachment is created. I would now rather produce the email report with no sub reports or sub forms on the report, just the report based on the query. Of course once I have the formula ...

Urgent Help Required
In the Exchsvr\bin folder I have a edb file name TempDFGR1232.EDB, that is sucking up all the room on that drive, which is my C drive. Can I move or delete this file. What's this file used for. I use Windows 2003 Exchange Enterprise Edition. thanks On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:47:10 -0700, ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In the Exchsvr\bin folder I have a edb file name TempDFGR1232.EDB, that is >sucking up all the room on that drive, which is my C drive. Can I move or >delete this file. What's this file used for. > >I use Windows 2003 Exchange E...

Transfer cell data from one worksheet to another === URGENT
bello ALL, I do I transfer a cell data from one worksheet in Workbook A to another cell in another worksheet in Workbook B. Thanks, Raj Please stay in your thread You have an answer there already -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "rajesh" <rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DFD6622-7C55-4E29-9D2A-7E3F7B4BD2DC@microsoft.com... > bello ALL, > > I do I transfer a cell data from one worksheet in Workbook A to > another cell in another worksheet in Workbook B. > > Thanks, Raj ...

urgent pls! sort date pivot report
Have a pivot report with dates. I like to data sort by date in ascending order. so i did sort and top 10 -> asending but i keep getting dates in this order -> 11/07/2005 12/07/2005 13/06/2005 13/07/2005 but i would like to get in this order 11/07/2005 12/07/2005 13/07/2005 13/06/2005 How can i achieve this ??? Also, i have count and sum formulas in the report, does this effect sorting ? "vbastarter" wrote: > Have a pivot report with dates. I like to data sort by date in ascending > order. so i did sort and top 10 -> asending > > but i keep getting da...

Function help needed urgently!!!
Hi anyone who can help... I have two sets of figures 1 is sales and 1 is target. Eg: Sales Target Incentive 5 5 In the Incentive column I want a formula that will calculate the Incentive payment for employees who exceed there target. The easy part is the if statement for example 10% of their sales if they exceed target: =if(sales>target,Sales*10%,0) The complicated part comes in to play when only when they hit multiples of 10 are they entitled to an incentive: If the Sales are 5 and the Target is 5 - no incentive. If the Sales are 10 and the Target is 5 - no incenti...

Customisation not showing in Outlook..Urgent
Very Urgent... I have added a button on the toolbar and set "ALL" in web.config for customisation. But the button does not appear in Outlook Client CRM. What more change in settings and where abouts am i missing? Please help.. you have to publish the customisations "Atul Gadre" <AtulGadre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37C849A5-CB2A-4F4D-B58A-AAABDF452BE1@microsoft.com... > Very Urgent... > I have added a button on the toolbar and set "ALL" in web.config for > customisation. But the button does not appear in Outlook Client CRM....

Urgent Help Please
I have a machine that cannot open its outlook. I am running Exchange 2000 on Server 2000, I have narrowed it down to either a WINS problem or a DNS problem, I could oing the server from the machine using ip, but not name. I'm not exactly sure where to go. I need help, this account is were our electric invoices come into. I hope I provided enough info if not please ask. Eric ...

cannot scrol on huge spreadsheet
hi everyone i have excel 2003. some of our staff is working on a membership database. all this info is in a spreadsheet. it is lots of info. thousands of records. there is custom filters in the different columns. lets say they choose CTE from the drop-down list than all the CTE records appear etc, however there is 2 options e.g if they choose CTT or CCC then they can see the rest of the records but only the page on the screen. In other words they can't scroll on the page and there is definitely more records that can be seen on the screen. why is this happening and can someone help ...

renaming sheets-urgent
hi, i have 50 records in a column. I want to have equal number of corresponding worksheets named on the records. CaN THIS BE AUTOMATED???? Also the number of records may also vary on a day to day basis. Please help me. Your help is thanked in advance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This *might* be what you are looking for. In Cell A1:A*, have the sheet names In Cell B2, have =COUNTA(A1:A1000). (The range of names) Make a new module with this code. Dim cellname Dim numberofsheets Dim numberofrecords Sub Createsheets() numberofrecords = [B1] For numberofsheets ...

Urgent!, IMF configuration wont keep the same
I have the IMF working very well, the only issue I have is when I set up my custom thresholds and actions under "Gateway blocking configuration" they are changed by it self to defaults the next day and I have to be changing them back to my desire settings everyday. Does someone know how to fix this? Thanks What version of the IMF? Are you managing it directly from the Exchange Server? The only thing I can think of is that you are using the v1 version of ESM extensions and Exchange 2003 SP2. Once you set the configuration, it is stored in the Active Directory and the IMF...