Update of Inter-Store transfer orders

I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."

Has anyone found a workaround?

My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the
transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available.
They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may
also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.

Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use is
HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!

I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update thier
transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on each
end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI Jason,
The first of all you have to enable the option in HQ with following:
Go to File > Configuration and enable this

Automatically create inter-store receiving inventory order = check it
Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order = check it.
So when you make transfer out in Store A it and then run the HQ Sync could
be 401 or 402 then the data of transfer out move from Store A to Store B and
at the Store B it create transfer In Documents.

"Jason" wrote:

> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>
> Has anyone found a workaround?
>
> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the
> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available.
> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may
> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>
> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use is
> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>
> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update thier
> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on each
> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

0
AkberAlwani (916)
4/24/2007 5:04:01 AM
That is not what I am talking about. I mean once the transfer is sent to the
other store, changes made at either location are not reflected at the other
one.

I know this subject has been discussed many times before, but the time is
come for us to collectively find a workaround. I am willing to help, pay,
contribute - whatever. I just need this FIXED!

"Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI Jason,
> The first of all you have to enable the option in HQ with following:
> Go to File > Configuration and enable this
>
> Automatically create inter-store receiving inventory order = check it
> Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order = check it.
> So when you make transfer out in Store A it and then run the HQ Sync could
> be 401 or 402 then the data of transfer out move from Store A to Store B
> and
> at the Store B it create transfer In Documents.
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
>> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
>> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>>
>> Has anyone found a workaround?
>>
>> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
>> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from
>> the
>> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not
>> available.
>> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
>> may
>> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
>> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>>
>> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
>> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
>> is
>> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>>
>> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
>> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
>> thier
>> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
>> each
>> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

HI Jason, as soon as I read your words of workaround there is good think hit
on my mind. send me the email of your database names, at store and HQ and
then I will write a detail specification set how we can perform the changes
at both end.

We need to develop small app either in VB or SQL it self and implement this.
my email ID is my last name plus 89 and hotmail.

"Jason" wrote:

> That is not what I am talking about. I mean once the transfer is sent to the
> other store, changes made at either location are not reflected at the other
> one.
>
> I know this subject has been discussed many times before, but the time is
> come for us to collectively find a workaround. I am willing to help, pay,
> contribute - whatever. I just need this FIXED!
>

> "Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > HI Jason,
> > The first of all you have to enable the option in HQ with following:
> > Go to File > Configuration and enable this
> >
> > Automatically create inter-store receiving inventory order = check it
> > Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order = check it.
> > So when you make transfer out in Store A it and then run the HQ Sync could
> > be 401 or 402 then the data of transfer out move from Store A to Store B
> > and
> > at the Store B it create transfer In Documents.
> >

> > "Jason" wrote:
> >
> >> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
> >> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
> >> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
> >>
> >> Has anyone found a workaround?
> >>
> >> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
> >> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from
> >> the
> >> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not
> >> available.
> >> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
> >> may
> >> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> >> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
> >>
> >> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> >> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
> >> is
> >> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
> >>
> >> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> >> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
> >> thier
> >> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
> >> each
> >> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

0
AkberAlwani (916)
4/24/2007 1:40:00 PM
Jason, forget it.  Sorry for the bad news, but as they say: the truth hurts.

The 'workaround' you seek is this.  Don't make any changes to placed orders.

Is this a major shortcoming?  YES.

Does MS plan to fix it?  I HOPE SO, BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS.

As far as I can tell, Headquarters is an afterthought.  The software was
designed for a single-store environment then modified to accomodate
multi-store customers.

If RMS were intended from day one as a multi-store platform, you wouldn't
have to call HQ to get a phone number/mailing address changed for a customer
(or any of a long list of 'HQ only' functions.

Of course, if RMS were *truly* multi-store, it'd cost about 5X as much...

I feel your pain.
Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Jason" wrote:

> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>
> Has anyone found a workaround?
>
> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the
> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available.
> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may
> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>
> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use is
> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>
> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update thier
> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on each
> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

0
tomg2938 (389)
4/24/2007 8:04:03 PM
One more thing - more specific to your issue.

Have your warehouse guys fill the order but not add any items.  If add'l
items are sent, have the whse folks send a separate transfer out order with
only the add'l items.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Jason" wrote:

> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>
> Has anyone found a workaround?
>
> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the
> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available.
> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may
> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>
> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use is
> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>
> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update thier
> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on each
> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

0
tomg2938 (389)
4/24/2007 8:08:03 PM
I do not accept your response. I will not forget it. There IS a solution.
Obviously it CAN be done. It might not be easy. It might not be neat and
tidy. It might even be expensive :)

The data is there. It is just in two seperate databases. It's just a matter
of syncing it up on demand. Since both Store Ops databases are accessible
from a single location, there is a way to do it (even without HQ knowing
about it).

I have already successfully downloaded the data from the two databases into
Excel and figured out how to "sync" the data in a somewhat automated way.
The questions is how to get it back into the database...

At least now I can quickly identify the differences between the transfer
orders. That was previously a major chore itself. But there is still the
task of making the orders match at each location, which is still a very
manual proposition.

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> Jason, forget it.  Sorry for the bad news, but as they say: the truth
> hurts.
>
> The 'workaround' you seek is this.  Don't make any changes to placed
> orders.
>
> Is this a major shortcoming?  YES.
>
> Does MS plan to fix it?  I HOPE SO, BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS.
>
> As far as I can tell, Headquarters is an afterthought.  The software was
> designed for a single-store environment then modified to accomodate
> multi-store customers.
>
> If RMS were intended from day one as a multi-store platform, you wouldn't
> have to call HQ to get a phone number/mailing address changed for a
> customer
> (or any of a long list of 'HQ only' functions.
>
> Of course, if RMS were *truly* multi-store, it'd cost about 5X as much...
>

> I feel your pain.
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
>> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
>> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>>
>> Has anyone found a workaround?
>>
>> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
>> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from
>> the
>> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not
>> available.
>> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
>> may
>> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
>> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>>
>> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
>> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
>> is
>> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>>
>> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
>> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
>> thier
>> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
>> each
>> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

That does not help the receiving store. The second transfer might match the
physical transfer of goods in this case, but the original transfer is pretty
worthless if the sending store could not fulfill the request fully.

In my business the requesting store does a transfer request. The sending
store is likely to have about 50% of the line items requested, and even then
they do not typically send the full quantity requested for each item.

I hate duplicated effort almost as much as wasted effort. I am getting a
double whammy here.

> One more thing - more specific to your issue.
>
> Have your warehouse guys fill the order but not add any items.  If add'l
> items are sent, have the whse folks send a separate transfer out order
> with
> only the add'l items.
>
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can
>> have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but
>> changes are not reflected after the order is "placed."
>>
>> Has anyone found a workaround?
>>
>> My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main
>> location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from
>> the
>> transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not
>> available.
>> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
>> may
>> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
>> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
>>
>> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
>> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
>> is
>> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
>>
>> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
>> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
>> thier
>> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
>> each
>> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

The 'solution' would be for RMS to include transfer order updates in the
regularly scheduled WS401.  Regardless of where the transfer order
originated, all updates would be sent to/from all stores.  The 'trouble' with
this scenario is that both stores could enter conflicting data between
updates.  What then?

Anything else will be a cumbersome PITA.

If you come up with a solution, I'd love to hear it.

Still feeling you pain - transfers are one of my biggest problem areas -

Tom

--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Jason" wrote:

> [...]
> >> available.
> >> They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy
> >> may
> >> also send some items that were not requested by the issuing store. So the
> >> warehouse crew issues the proper quantities on thier tranfer out order.
> >>
> >> Then the receiving store has to spend hours trying to match up what they
> >> actually received to the transfer out from the sending location. What use
> >> is
> >> HQ if it can't perform this simple update task?!
> >>
> >> I'm thinking there must be some way that I can automate a SQL statement
> >> using osql. The receiving store could just run a batch file to update
> >> thier
> >> transfer. I think all they would need is the transfer order number on
> >> each
> >> end... Any guru out there care to develop the solution?

4/24/2007 9:24:03 PM
SO has the functionality to contact and "check stores" for inventory. The
solution would be to have the store connect to HQ before and after a
transfer is modified and prevent changes when changes are being made. The
bottom line is that HQ should "own" the transfer order until both stores
"agree" on the transfer. I realize that this would require an inherent
change to RMS - not likely. So a workaround is the only option at this time.

At a minimum, you should be able to request that your changes are propagated
to the other store. Rules could be established for conflicts. In my case, I
always want store A to have precedence over store B.

At this point, I am thinking about abandoning HQ all together for transfers
and developing an external solution that modifies the SO database
inventories.

If my partner had told me that this was the way it would be, I would have
never invested in HQ, and probably moved to something other than RMS. But I
am stuck with this investment now, and I need to make it work.

Any other creative ideas out there before I embark on my journey to develop
a solution?

Jason

> The 'solution' would be for RMS to include transfer order updates in the
> regularly scheduled WS401.  Regardless of where the transfer order
> originated, all updates would be sent to/from all stores.  The 'trouble'
> with
> this scenario is that both stores could enter conflicting data between
> updates.  What then?
>
> Anything else will be a cumbersome PITA.
>
> If you come up with a solution, I'd love to hear it.
>
> Still feeling you pain - transfers are one of my biggest problem areas -
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> I do not accept your response. I will not forget it. There IS a solution.
>> Obviously it CAN be done. It might not be easy. It might not be neat and
>> tidy. It might even be expensive :)
>>
>> The data is there. It is just in two seperate databases. It's just a
>> matter
>> of syncing it up on demand. Since both Store Ops databases are accessible
>> from a single location, there is a way to do it (even without HQ knowing
>> about it).
>>
>> I have already successfully downloaded the data from the two databases
>> into
>> Excel and figured out how to "sync" the data in a somewhat automated way.
>> The questions is how to get it back into the database...
>>
>> At least now I can quickly identify the differences between the transfer
>> orders. That was previously a major chore itself. But there is still the
>> task of making the orders match at each location, which is still a very
>> manual proposition.
>>

>> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
>> > Jason, forget it.  Sorry for the bad news, but as they say: the truth
>> > hurts.
>> >
>> > The 'workaround' you seek is this.  Don't make any changes to placed
>> > orders.
>> >
>> > Is this a major shortcoming?  YES.
>> >
>> > Does MS plan to fix it?  I HOPE SO, BUT I HAVE MY DOUBTS.
>> >
>> > As far as I can tell, Headquarters is an afterthought.  The software
>> > was
>> > designed for a single-store environment then modified to accomodate
>> > multi-store customers.
>> >
>> > If RMS were intended from day one as a multi-store platform, you
>> > wouldn't
>> > have to call HQ to get a phone number/mailing address changed for a
>> > customer
>> > (or any of a long list of 'HQ only' functions.
>> >
>> > Of course, if RMS were *truly* multi-store, it'd cost about 5X as
>> > much...
>> >

>> > I feel your pain.
>> > Tom
>> > --
>> > Stop fishing for e-mail

Akber - I sent you a private email, but did not get a response. You still
out there?

> HI Jason, as soon as I read your words of workaround there is good think
> hit
> on my mind. send me the email of your database names, at store and HQ and
> then I will write a detail specification set how we can perform the
> changes
> at both end.
>
> We need to develop small app either in VB or SQL it self and implement
> this.
> my email ID is my last name plus 89 and hotmail.
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> That is not what I am talking about. I mean once the transfer is sent to
>> the
>> other store, changes made at either location are not reflected at the
>> other
>> one.
>>
>> I know this subject has been discussed many times before, but the time is
>> come for us to collectively find a workaround. I am willing to help, pay,
>> contribute - whatever. I just need this FIXED!
>>

>> "Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > HI Jason,
>> > The first of all you have to enable the option in HQ with following:
>> > Go to File > Configuration and enable this
>> >
>> > Automatically create inter-store receiving inventory order = check it
>> > Automatically create inter-store issue inventory order = check it.
>> > So when you make transfer out in Store A it and then run the HQ Sync
>> > could
>> > be 401 or 402 then the data of transfer out move from Store A to Store
>> > and
>> > at the Store B it create transfer In Documents.

Update for MS Money 2005?

Problem with Script Updating

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Inventory Transfer selecting incorrect stock items
Hello We are doing stock transfers and when we select items from the inventory list, it is putting a completely different item into the transfer????? I have re-indexed but it made no difference. -- Jenny ...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Transfering Outlook Express to Outlook
Hard drive #1 is now a slave on my computer. It contains Outlook Express. Hard drive #2 is a new hard drive. It contains Outlook. How do I transfer the messages from Outlook Express to Outlook? Thank you in advance for you help. Todd K. ...

Dynamic Menu update

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Do exchange servers store routing paths?
I'm trying to figure out why an exchange server might possibly have delays between two exchange servers. No other e-mail seems to be delayed at either end, just communication between these two servers. Everyone on Server A can send and receive e-mails to eachother and external clients on a timely basis. Everyone one on Server B can send and receive e-mails to eachother and external clients on a timely basis. For some reason there is often a delay that can last 12 hours however when Server A tries to communicate with Server B. All of a sudden a bunch of e-mails between Server...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

Purchase order filter
How I can put a filter on the PO to show only the items without mark in the options "May not be placed on Purchase Order" Thanks Jose SanMartin wrote: > How I can put a filter on the PO to show only the items without mark in the > options "May not be placed on Purchase Order" > > Thanks Open "Orders - Purchase Order List.qrp" Go on SelCriteria = "PurchaseOrder.POType = 0 OR PurchaseOrder.POType = 1" and replace with: SelCriteria = "(PurchaseOrder.POType = 0 OR PurchaseOrder.POType=1) AND PurchaseOrder.DatePlaced IS NULL"...

[ANN] Excel X security update

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE?

FWD: Try on these correction update from the MS Corp.
--omvflfmgecbtuznop Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pesxyyfvxtk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pesxyyfvxtk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="locjfxspwlfruwcg" --locjfxspwlfruwcg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

Recovery Store and Exchange Snaps
We have a NetApp Filer that we take snapshots with our Exchange system. This snaps both the Store and the logs, so we always have a clean point in time backup of our data. I want to use these snapshots as our backup system, just backup these snaps and discontinue using the individual mailbox backups. I have run tests to validate this will work but have run into problems. I reload a snap and place it in the store location and place the logs in the log location for the recovery group but when I mount the store it tells me I have an inconsistent DB and I need to fix it. So I end up doing a es...

Cannot Update office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and what can be done to correct it I have the same problem with Tiger 10.4.11. "efrosini@officeformac.com" wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > When I try to update office a message appears saying that a version of the software needed to udate microsoft office is not available. What is this and ...

Cannot update table--only does SQL insert
Hi, just another newbie type of question.... i have a new window with its own table. i'm doing a "copy from window to table" &c, and it works fine to insert data the first time. however, i can tell from the SQL Profiler that when I try to modify the data, it does not do an update--it tries to do another insert (and of course, can't). Is there something I should be setting in Dexterity somewhere to make the table updatable, or do I need to manage this with PassThroughSQL? thanks in advance. Table operations are covered in detail during the Dexterity Training, pl...