Unknown printer error

HI i am using ibm surepos 300 with ibm suremark printer with OPOS 1.9 v and i 
encounter "unknown printer error" intermittently.  And some receipt takes 
time to process.  Any solutions for this?
0
Mon (24)
7/18/2006 2:06:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

5 Replies
402 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

Hi, I have a customer with the same issue (same hardware too i think).  They 
get the printer error as the sale if finishing, most of the time you can hit 
retry and it goes on through.   But it is a very big hassle when they get 
busy.  It is happening probably 10-12 times a day.  If you have any insight 
into this or have any suggestions please let me know....Thanks!!

rbroach@dalcom.com   or (336)851-1802 ext. 117

Robbie

"Mon" wrote:

> HI i am using ibm surepos 300 with ibm suremark printer with OPOS 1.9 v and i 
> encounter "unknown printer error" intermittently.  And some receipt takes 
> time to process.  Any solutions for this?
0
8/29/2006 11:54:01 PM
Are they doing price over rides in any way?? Say for instance someone starts 
a sale that does not have rights to access pricing a manager would press F9 
log in then change price, then log back out and the user logs in to finalize 
the sale. We had this issue and needed new drivers. This seemed to start 
hapening 1.2.0151 build. any fix after that caused this.
"robbie dalcom" <robbiedalcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:9C353E94-6AA0-468C-B000-7C711982A45E@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I have a customer with the same issue (same hardware too i think). 
> They
> get the printer error as the sale if finishing, most of the time you can 
> hit
> retry and it goes on through.   But it is a very big hassle when they get
> busy.  It is happening probably 10-12 times a day.  If you have any 
> insight
> into this or have any suggestions please let me know....Thanks!!
>
> rbroach@dalcom.com   or (336)851-1802 ext. 117
>
> Robbie
>
> "Mon" wrote:
>
>> HI i am using ibm surepos 300 with ibm suremark printer with OPOS 1.9 v 
>> and i
>> encounter "unknown printer error" intermittently.  And some receipt takes
>> time to process.  Any solutions for this? 


0
9/7/2006 1:56:15 PM
I found another customer of ours that had the same issue with the IBM stuff.  
It's the firmware version of the printer, there is an update on IBM's website 
(makes bootable floppy) and updates the firmware.  Doing the upgrade first of 
next week, I'll post an update as to whether it fixed it or not, the other 
customer's issue was solved immediately.

"Stephen Zwarts" wrote:

> Are they doing price over rides in any way?? Say for instance someone starts 
> a sale that does not have rights to access pricing a manager would press F9 
> log in then change price, then log back out and the user logs in to finalize 
> the sale. We had this issue and needed new drivers. This seemed to start 
> hapening 1.2.0151 build. any fix after that caused this.
> "robbie dalcom" <robbiedalcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:9C353E94-6AA0-468C-B000-7C711982A45E@microsoft.com...
> > Hi, I have a customer with the same issue (same hardware too i think). 
> > They
> > get the printer error as the sale if finishing, most of the time you can 
> > hit
> > retry and it goes on through.   But it is a very big hassle when they get
> > busy.  It is happening probably 10-12 times a day.  If you have any 
> > insight
> > into this or have any suggestions please let me know....Thanks!!
> >
> > rbroach@dalcom.com   or (336)851-1802 ext. 117
> >
> > Robbie
> >
> > "Mon" wrote:
> >
> >> HI i am using ibm surepos 300 with ibm suremark printer with OPOS 1.9 v 
> >> and i
> >> encounter "unknown printer error" intermittently.  And some receipt takes
> >> time to process.  Any solutions for this? 
> 
> 
> 
0
9/7/2006 2:12:01 PM
I have two custoemrs that using the IBM stuff that are having the same issue, 
could someone tell me where to download the firmware asap.  They are doing a 
hugh sales right now, it's not a good situation.  Thanks.

"robbie dalcom" wrote:

> I found another customer of ours that had the same issue with the IBM stuff.  
> It's the firmware version of the printer, there is an update on IBM's website 
> (makes bootable floppy) and updates the firmware.  Doing the upgrade first of 
> next week, I'll post an update as to whether it fixed it or not, the other 
> customer's issue was solved immediately.
> 
> "Stephen Zwarts" wrote:
> 
> > Are they doing price over rides in any way?? Say for instance someone starts 
> > a sale that does not have rights to access pricing a manager would press F9 
> > log in then change price, then log back out and the user logs in to finalize 
> > the sale. We had this issue and needed new drivers. This seemed to start 
> > hapening 1.2.0151 build. any fix after that caused this.
> > "robbie dalcom" <robbiedalcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:9C353E94-6AA0-468C-B000-7C711982A45E@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi, I have a customer with the same issue (same hardware too i think). 
> > > They
> > > get the printer error as the sale if finishing, most of the time you can 
> > > hit
> > > retry and it goes on through.   But it is a very big hassle when they get
> > > busy.  It is happening probably 10-12 times a day.  If you have any 
> > > insight
> > > into this or have any suggestions please let me know....Thanks!!
> > >
> > > rbroach@dalcom.com   or (336)851-1802 ext. 117
> > >
> > > Robbie
> > >
> > > "Mon" wrote:
> > >
> > >> HI i am using ibm surepos 300 with ibm suremark printer with OPOS 1.9 v 
> > >> and i
> > >> encounter "unknown printer error" intermittently.  And some receipt takes
> > >> time to process.  Any solutions for this? 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
9/7/2006 8:13:03 PM
IBM should be ashamed of themselve for putting out craps like these printers 
on the market, they are piece of shit.  I spend at lease six hours yesterday 
and today downloading files from scansource, having to ran to Fry's to buy a 
usb-fdd, loaded the updates and run to my customer's store to replace the 
printer.  I can't even bill the customer for any of these time because it's 
the freaking bad printer.  

I will stop and never sell anything IBM again unless someone ask for it.  

If anyone need help on how to update the firmware, feel free to send me an 
email.

"support@nitbcsys.com" wrote:

> I have two custoemrs that using the IBM stuff that are having the same issue, 
> could someone tell me where to download the firmware asap.  They are doing a 
> hugh sales right now, it's not a good situation.  Thanks.
> 
> "robbie dalcom" wrote:
> 
> > I found another customer of ours that had the same issue with the IBM stuff.  
> > It's the firmware version of the printer, there is an update on IBM's website 
> > (makes bootable floppy) and updates the firmware.  Doing the upgrade first of 
> > next week, I'll post an update as to whether it fixed it or not, the other 
> > customer's issue was solved immediately.
> > 
> > "Stephen Zwarts" wrote:
> > 
> > > Are they doing price over rides in any way?? Say for instance someone starts 
> > > a sale that does not have rights to access pricing a manager would press F9 
> > > log in then change price, then log back out and the user logs in to finalize 
> > > the sale. We had this issue and needed new drivers. This seemed to start 
> > > hapening 1.2.0151 build. any fix after that caused this.
> > > "robbie dalcom" <robbiedalcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > news:9C353E94-6AA0-468C-B000-7C711982A45E@microsoft.com...
> > > > Hi, I have a customer with the same issue (same hardware too i think). 
> > > > They
> > > > get the printer error as the sale if finishing, most of the time you can 
> > > > hit
> > > > retry and it goes on through.   But it is a very big hassle when they get
> > > > busy.  It is happening probably 10-12 times a day.  If you have any 
> > > > insight
> > > > into this or have any suggestions please let me know....Thanks!!
> > > >
> > > > rbroach@dalcom.com   or (336)851-1802 ext. 117
> > > >
> > > > Robbie
> > > >
> > > > "Mon" wrote:
> > > >
> > > >> HI i am using ibm surepos 300 with ibm suremark printer with OPOS 1.9 v 
> > > >> and i
> > > >> encounter "unknown printer error" intermittently.  And some receipt takes
> > > >> time to process.  Any solutions for this? 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
0
9/8/2006 11:58:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Error when we try to create a quick campaign
When we try to create a quick campaign we got immediately an error message: Error: window.opener.document is null or not an object Does anyone know why? ...

'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook'
Hi - I am running Outlook 2002, SP-2, under Windows XP Home edition, SP-1. I use MS Word as my message editor. For the past few months, I get the following error message in a dialog from Outlook: 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook' This occurs when I either create a new message or note or edit an existing message or note and then leave it open for more than just a minute or two, rather than closing or saving and closing it. I have run the "Detect and Repair" menu option in Outlook several times, but that has n...

Unknown Error
I find it incredible that Microsoft will allow crappy software to pervade their software regime. I am helping my son with his exemail email to do the simple task of deleting his "Deleted Items" folder that contains over 3000 items. Some items can be deleted one at a time but after a few successful deletions the "Unknown Error" appears and one must jump to a new item on the list to see if it can be deleted. selecting several items to be deleted at once nearly always results in "Unknown Error". The task of deleting is so time consuming and frustratin...

2 outlook errors to fix
Outlookhtmlmenu: iexplore.exe - application error the memory could not be read 2nd one is instruction@ oxf0016767 could not be read. iexplore.exe cannot start microsoft outlook the .dll file for the inform svc could not be found map1 was unable to load the info.svc. psttprx.dll Help and suggestions greatly appreciated. thanks. ...

How Can I Fix a Windows Update Error Due To Untimely Shutdown?
I have a fresh installation of Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I have a problem with my computer suddenly shutting off, like someone just pulled the plug from the wall. I crossed my fingers and downloaded Windows 76 updates, which it completed with no problem. It then started installing them one by one. It got through the first 28 and on the 29th one, the computer shut off. It's labeled as Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB969058) and when I review the update history, everything so far shows up as Successful except that one, which...

Unknown error 0x80040201 #2
Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned error while sending and receiving e-mails. All POP3 settings are correct and mail does get received but while sending the message comes up. Funny thing is that e-mails still go out. Only happens while sending... Error msg: Unknown error 0x80040201 Al <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Having trouble with some users, they keep getting the below mentioned > error while sending and receiving e-mails. All POP3 settings are > correct and mail does get received but while sending the message > com...

outlook express6 error
I hooked up an epson 3 in 1 and tried to scan to email. when i try to send it I get an email error that won't go away. I have to improperly shut down my computer. does anyone know why? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5...

File and Printer sharing does not stick
Running XP Pro SP3 w/all updates on Thinkpad X200 Can anyone think of a reason File and Printer Sharing settings won'tstick? I can check the File and Printer Sharing checkbox on the network properties sheet and everything works fine. However, if I turn the computer off, the next time I turn the computer on the checkbox is unchecked and I can't share files with i over the network until I check the boxes again. I logged on as administrator so that shouldn't be a problem Any ideas would be appreciated. __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versio...

not able to install printer drivers
hello, this is mohan,iam facing a problem with the printer drivers hp 1180c, thing is first i installed drivers in windows xp system and after finishing the setup it says the printer drivers cannot be install and i have tryed this uninstalling the driver reinstalled then also same error On Jun 20, 6:37=A0pm, bchandramo...@gmail.com wrote: > hello, > this is mohan,iam facing a problem with the printer drivers hp 1180c, > thing is first i installed drivers > in windows xp system and after finishing the setup it says the printer > drivers cannot be install and i have tryed this un...

Pivot Table not valid error message when formatting data 'button'.
Created Pivot table/chart, password-protected and put onto website (ie NOt saved file as Web Page). Click on link, get warning message concerning macros and prompted for password. If attempt to change data button by rightclicking on it and selecting format - get error message 'Pivot Table not valid'. Note, accessing the file directly (ie not via the web) works perfectly Ok. PS Also get visual basic error message ' Run time error 1004 :Unable to set the default property of the Pivotitem class' VB code Sub All_Years() CP = "(All)" pf = "Year First Seen"...

Runtime Error 2
I am porting loads of old code (VC6) into our application at the moment. One class I have brought over is a dialog to allow users to change calendars for people (Resources). The code has come over OK, with just 1 or 2 minor tweaks so that it fits in with my app, but when running, I get "Run-Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'boldDays' was corrupted" (code is below) I have read about this on the web and it seems that the common theme is that code was brought from VC6 to a newer VS. Another theme is the bool variable - at least one other post involved a ...

2 issues: error message and calendar view
I recently rebuilt a Windows 2000 system running on a Sony Vaio. Office = 2000 was reinstalled as well. Now when the user closes Outlook he receives the error message = "OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You = will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." The = Dr. Watson message is fairly undecipherable to me. I have reinstalled = Office to no avail. Also in Outlook, the default view for Calendar is not right. = Day/Week/Month is selected as the Current View but only the TaskPad = appears at the right. The small calendar that i...

unknown e-mail recipient
My Outlook is sending e-mails to addresses that I do not know. The e-mails do not show up in my outbox or sent box, but I find out about them when the e-mail is returned for some reason. This is happening on an almost daily basis. "Kelly" <mrsjdh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eb2201c43cf0$092e66b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Outlook is sending e-mails to addresses that I do not > know. The e-mails do not show up in my outbox or sent > box, but I find out about them when the e-mail is > returned for some reason. This is happening on an almost > daily ba...

Unknown printer error
HI i am using ibm surepos 300 with ibm suremark printer with OPOS 1.9 v and i encounter "unknown printer error" intermittently. And some receipt takes time to process. Any solutions for this? Hi, I have a customer with the same issue (same hardware too i think). They get the printer error as the sale if finishing, most of the time you can hit retry and it goes on through. But it is a very big hassle when they get busy. It is happening probably 10-12 times a day. If you have any insight into this or have any suggestions please let me know....Thanks!! rbroach@dalcom.com ...

SchedulePlusFreeBusy
Hello, I am running exchange 2000 SP3 and I am receiving daily the following message: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8275 Description: SchedulePlusFreeBusy folder could not be opened for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine SERVER1. The error number is 0x80040005. I have re-installed the public store from scratch but I am still getting the same error. Any ideas? Thanks, Frank van Niele. Hello, Did you find solution to this problem? I have the same... with Ex2k3 SP1... Regards... "Frank van Niele" wrote: > H...

SBS2003
Issues are noted below, if anyone (especially the microsoft workers) has any idea on why OMA is giving INDEXOUTOFRANGE exceptions, please let me know. We have a client who is about to pack in the towel because their Activesync isn't working. ----------------------------- Firstly, when oma is accessed via a normal web browser on an xp machine. This message comes up: "A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator." At the same time, in the app event log this comes up: Event Type: Information E...

Math errors !
For a while I've noticed that the Money total doesn't exactly equal my Brokerage totals so this morning I thought I'd spent the time to find the errors. Well it didn't take long - I went to my online brokerage account and each of my individual accounts are the same as its total in Money but the TOTAL of the ACCOUNTS is the problem. My broker shows CORRECT answer ! In Money,[ M2006 Deluxe ] they don't add up right. (I'll go through again displaying one account at a time to see if total is the same as each.) I carried out to 4 decimal places to make sure not a fra...

Error Message: Word cannot start the convertor mswrd632.wpc
I finished a word document, saved it, exited Word and later went in to read it but am getting the above error message. I click ok to message and word opens but there is no text in my document. I saved the original doc several times as I was writing it and this appeared to function ok. Help please -- maur See the Known Issues section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973904 and the dozens of other long threads in this newsgroup. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "maur50" <maur50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2167E9-30EB-41FE-9531-E3C3A3...

Printer for outdoor barcode labels #2
Anyone have a recommendation for a printer compatible with Microsoft RMS that will print barcode material on an outdoor (vinyl) label? ...

Printer Fonts going mad
I use on HP 4200 laserjet. Reinstalled drivers etc. All else prints OK however in some excel worksheets the fonts spillover the edge of the border. Any ideas gratefully recieved Iain, just because a cell format has a border does not mean that the cell's printable content is restricted to it. If the next right cell is empty, the cell content will print in full, over the border (should be visible on the worksheet before printing). Another easy check - use "print preview". To rectify, either adjust the cell (column) width to accommodate the printed text, or, reduce the fon...

Unknown users w/virus sending mail to 5.5 server
I am having a problem where I think I have a virus (novarg) loose within my network and some user/computer that has an account on my Exchange 5.5 server is bombarding virus attachments to my Exchange 5.5 server. Even thought my Norton AV for Exchange 2.1 is finding and blocking them I still want to know who is sending them. The problem is the "sender" and the "recipient" are listed as UNKNOWN for most. Some emails do have a name in the "sender" and "recipient" but I am afraid the "To" and "From" are being spoofed by the virus. Most o...

0x80191002 error synching one of hotmail accounts
I've used wlm for over a year now. For a few days now I have been getting 0x80191002 error for one of the hotmail accounts. The mail is not getting into wlmail. Other hotmail accounts and pop ARE unaffected. After research in this group I've tried 1. emptying outbox and deleted folders and doing message store compaction 2. deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\SearchFolderVersion to fix possible quick view problem 3. moving message store to new location with tools/options/advanced/maintenance\store folder 4. waiting a few days. All to no ava...

Error bars, curve/line of best fit, axis help
I need help with putting the following into my chart: 1. Error bars (I have data) 2. Curve/line of best fit (one of each) 3. Making it so the axis only shows a certain amount of tick marks* * This is what I mean: My x-axis has the following data marks: 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, and I want it to just be 1, 2, 3 without altering the position of the plots on the graph. Thanks -- You're the best First and foremost, make sure you have constructed an XY chart, not a line chart. Error bars: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html Trendlines: http://peltiertech.com/Word...

Windows Update Error: 0x80248011
I installed Windows XP Pro yesterday and then tried to download updates from Windows Update website only to recieve this error: ERROR NUMBER: 0X80248011 -The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. Take the following steps to try solving the problem: Refresh the page. In Internet Explorer, delete your Temporary Internet Files by going to the Tools menu and clicking Internet Options. Close and then re-open Internet Explorer.- I've tried clearing the temporary files, cookies and history which didn't work, and this other ...

Outlook error: 0x80040200
Recently got in a new laptop in the office and it had office 2003 and our office runs office 2002. i took off office 2003 and added 2002 to the laptop. the error message that i'm getting is when i attempt to open outlook, the error message is as follows: "Business Contact Manager. Exception from Hresult: 0x80040200." i deleted all 2003, but this message pops up everytime i open outlook. i can click ok and it works fine. does anyone have any suggestions? ...