Trying to update data in RMS with a web interface

My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me
some generic tips and/or code to assist me.

I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML
form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to
press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will
have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the
cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the
Customer.CustomText1 field.

The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window
and 2) how to execute the SQL to update the Customer.CustomText1 field from
the form data.

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Wow, that's a big one.
Look in the RMS customization guide for the QS rules object description.
We usually do that type of thing in VB, you might consider that.
--
-Jerry
JR Data Inc.

"Jason" wrote:

> My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me
> some generic tips and/or code to assist me.
>
> I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an HTML
> form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want them to
> press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html file will
> have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox. When the
> cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written to the
> Customer.CustomText1 field.
>
> The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window
> and 2) how to execute the SQL to update the Customer.CustomText1 field from
> the form data.

0
sales1204 (95)
6/24/2008 5:13:01 PM
Jason,
It may be easier and less error-prone to invoke an actually application from
the POS button rather than an HTML window.  QS Bridge is kinda flaky at
times.

--
Thank you,
Ryan Sakry
"Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message
> My project is much more complicated, but I am hoping someone can give me
> some generic tips and/or code to assist me.
>
> I want to update a field in RMS with some data the cashier inputs on an
> HTML form. For example, if a cashier selects a customer using F7, I want
> them to press a custom button that brings up an HTML window. That html
> file will have a form where the cashier will enter some text in a textbox.
> When the cashier presses Submit, the text in the textbox will be written
> to the Customer.CustomText1 field.
>
> The two major issues are 1) how to pass the Customer.ID to the HTML window
> and 2) how to execute the SQL to update the Customer.CustomText1 field
> from the form data.

0
rsakry (322)

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

See correction update
--zgfohdasqk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lxkizxmo"; type="multipart/alternative" --lxkizxmo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="idhazyvrnmenn" --idhazyvrnmenn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to continue keeping your c...

Add user log-in/password feature to a web page using Publisher 200
I would like to have a "Members" tab on the first page of my Publisher 2003 document that I have created to upload to my website. Does anyone know if Publisher 2003 has the feature to create "log in/password" feature or is this a plug-in or third party application that I add to publisher. Thank you. Tom, Toronto Look to your webhost for password protected folders, pages or sections of your site. Go to the FAQs section or the support section of the ISP that is hosting your site, and look for directions. It will vary from host to host as to how you would implement ...

Updating mailNickname (ms-Exch-Mail-Nickname) with the contents of samAccountName (SAM-Account-Name)
I currently have an issue where a good chuck of my e-mail accounts all have Alias fields in Exchange that match the AD login account. However my counterpart administrators in another country have not followed this procedure and therefore their alias fields are many different things with no standardization. I've been asked to find a way to get all exchange accounts alias fields to match their AD login account. If anyone knows anyway (i.e. - script, tool) way to do this I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks, Mark "Stingray" <ks_stingray@hotmail.com> wrote: >I...

Outlook Web Access 2003
Why are users prompted for username/password when you click the "log off" button in Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2003? Does the spell checker work okay in your OWA? And is basic authentication working fine without having to enter the domain, and is Windows authetication turned off? I ask these questions because if your spell checker doesn't work, or basic isn't setup correctly, or you do have windows auth on you may have problems like you are having, because under proper conditions you would NOT have to enter the name, your problem is most definitely settings in IIS. ...

Windows Vista Updated, Can't turn on Computer
I run Windows Vista Ultimate on my desktop Inspiron 530S, if this is helpful. My computer rebooted this morning to install updates and turned on, but was slow so i restarted. Later I turned it off and now when I turn it back on it goes to Configuring Updates 3/3 0% even though it just updated.... after a few moments it will go to the shutting down screen, shut itself down then turn itself back on and repeat the whole thing, configuring updates 3/3, shutting down, etc etc etc. Hello Annie, Give this one a whirl: <http://www.anguas.com/?p=47> -=- <http://supp...

Update query
I have a table ("Table1") with a memo field ("p"). I need a query in SQL that replace any character "#" inside the memos with the chr(13). ...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Graph intra-day stock data
How do you graph intra day data (Date, Open, High, Low, Close) format. Where the Date includes the time: (2/22/04 9:00 AM format). Currently, I get a chart with all the individual 30 min bars being grouped into just a daily bar, I would like individual bars for each half hour. The easiest way would be to use a XY Scatter chart, rather than a Line chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <106ea01c3f3b9$e560c6d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.mi...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

How to send email after entry from data access page
I hope this is an easy one, but i am not a programmer. I got volunteered for this because i built an inventory database. Access 2003I have a simple referral table that i have linked to an "Input" page for people to enter records (including a drop down list of email addresses). And an "Output" page where pepole can come and edit. That part seems to be working fine.I need to have an email sent out when a new record is posted. Ideally, i would like it to be sent out based on who is selected in that email list, but i would settle for anything at this point.Thank you in adv...

RE: updating Publisher
HI We recently upgraded our old faithfully computer, part of the upgrade includes Windows office XP (unfortunately the version we have has not got Publisher on it. Previously along the way I had updated to MS office Premium 2000-this has Publisher 2000 as part of the program. Hence I recently custom installed this after installing the XP (as a temporary measure) I am curently studying Publisher at School-they are using P 2002. I admit I am finding things a little different. I would like to ask if anyone knows whether Microsoft has updates available to download so that I can alig...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

OL2002 won't open when clicking on web links
I have WinXP home ed., Office XP small bus. ed., with outlook 2002. It was working fine but now when I click on a link on a web page I get a message saying "cannot open microsoft outlook. can't create item." I tried reinstalling officeXP and also went into file associations and made sure the URLmailto was associated with outlook. In IE 6.0 it does show outlook as being the default mail client. Email me if you can help! Thanks! ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

My Pivot total just repeats item data
I have created a pivot table from data recorded in Access. It has created sub totals for each of the row fields, but when I click on the plus button all I get is a further list of the item data contained in the data area. What have I done wrong. Is the pivot table in Excel? Where are the plus buttons that you're clicking? Savril wrote: > I have created a pivot table from data recorded in Access. It has created sub > totals for each of the row fields, but when I click on the plus button all I > get is a further list of the item data contained in the data area. > What have...

Windows update error's
I just reformatted and i cant install any service packs / or even do ONE update yet..windows update does not work i fixed one error already now im at error Code 80072EFE and i need to fix it to update my computer...*i cant download ANYTHING from microsoft.com either*..i cant get any service packs or anything i need...help please. -- invert35 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Please always state what OS you're Also, could you supply some information on what your firewall is, anti-virus, other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot Search & Destroy (reduced functionality c...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

I have two drop list of the same data but in different sheets.
I have two drop list of the same data but in different sheets. Is there a way to choose a data in one list and the other list should also automatically choose the same data? Drop List one - A, B, C Drop List two - A, B, C Pick A in List one should make List two automatically show List one without me having to pick it. I know there are several other ways I can accomplish this specific tasks, but is there a way to do it the way I just explained above? Thanks! try this Go to data | validation | allow : list | source : A,B,C | ok Now Copy the cell which has validation. Go to different sheet...

RMS vs RetailPro
I have been using RMS for over 2.5 years and my business is expanding to 3 locations. I looked at Retail Pro www.retailpro.com and they are quite flexible with the new version on embeded Oracle 9i. They seem to have attacked the shortcomings of RMS. For a fashion clothing retailer, would anyone recommend against Retail Pro? Hi Sammm...I would look very closely at the costs per station and store, ongoing maintanence and mandatory support from a local exclusive dealer. We have run RPRO for several years in our stores and would not upgrade due to a host of hidden costs, lots of bugs and gen...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Problem trying to export e-mail messages
When I go into Windows Mail and export my messages, the export completes but then I go and the folders don't match my existing e-mail folders. There are folders showing which I had deleted months ago. Could it be a corrupt file? How can I just transfer the e-mail messages I need to a new PC with Windows 7? Thanks> Windows Mail uses internal mail folder names that may not correspond exactly to the folder name in the user interface. What are you doing with your Windows Mail messages in Windows 7? Windows Mail was not designed to run on Windows 7. --=20 Gary VanderMole...

Install error data migration manager
Hi, It seems like the data migration manager cannot be installed on windows server 2008. When I select the program destination folder, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager" I get an error "The path is not of a legal form" and can not continue the installation. Can anyone give me some assistance? Hi; The credit for this goes to someone else, as I found it buried in a newsgroup, but it did help me get past your error a few weeks ago: See below. Dave Ireland I managed to sort this out, so hope this will help someone in future. As ...