Trying to modify XML X-REPORT

Following code segment looks good but the <IF> equates to true always and all
departments print...    What am I doing wrong?

<ROW> "Non-Taxable Sales:" </ROW>
<SET name="NonTaxableTotal" type="vbCurrency">  0 </SET>

<SET name="TATTOO" type="vbString"> "TATTOO" </SET>
<SET name="BODYPIERCING" type="vbString"> "BODY PIERCING" </SET>

<FOR each="ReportDepartment">
      <IF>
          <CONDITION> Report.Department.Name = TATTOO |
Report.Department.Name = BODYPIERCING </CONDITION>
            <THEN>
                      <ROW> Report.Department.Name "|"
Report.Department.Sales </ROW>
                      <SET name="NonTaxableTotal" type="vbCurrency">
NonTaxableTotal + Report.Department.Sales </SET>
            </THEN>
        </IF>
</FOR>

				 <ROW> "|==============================================|" </ROW>
         <ROW> "Total |" NonTaxableTotal </ROW>
0
WSSR (6)
6/17/2005 8:34:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Need Help can nobody help?

"WSSR" wrote:

> Following code segment looks good but the <IF> equates to true always and all
> departments print...    What am I doing wrong?
>
> <ROW> "Non-Taxable Sales:" </ROW>
> <SET name="NonTaxableTotal" type="vbCurrency">  0 </SET>
>
> <SET name="TATTOO" type="vbString"> "TATTOO" </SET>
> <SET name="BODYPIERCING" type="vbString"> "BODY PIERCING" </SET>
>
> <FOR each="ReportDepartment">
>       <IF>
>           <CONDITION> Report.Department.Name = TATTOO |
> Report.Department.Name = BODYPIERCING </CONDITION>
>             <THEN>
>                       <ROW> Report.Department.Name "|"
> Report.Department.Sales </ROW>
>                       <SET name="NonTaxableTotal" type="vbCurrency">
> NonTaxableTotal + Report.Department.Sales </SET>
>             </THEN>
>         </IF>
> </FOR>
>
> 				 <ROW> "|==============================================|" </ROW>
>          <ROW> "Total |" NonTaxableTotal </ROW>
0
WSSR (6)

try-catch and @@error
hello, i am having one query in sql server 2008 try catch block. if i am using try-catch, then what is use of using @@error in try block if any exception i can catch in catch block. any help will be truely appreciated. thanks in advance. @@Error is the old way to handle errors in SQL Server. With @@Error you would have to capture that value into another local variable after each operation and then check that value to see if it was non-zero. With a Try-Catch block, you have more control and no longer need @@Error. Instead, you should use ERROR_NUMBER(). From MSDN: In the ...

Modify a range name with vb
Hi I have a name define named "DropResource" and the range is A10:A20 If somebody add data to A21, A22 and A23, I would like the vb code that will extend the range to A23 so it become A10:A23 Same thing if someone delete data in A19 and A20, the range become A10:A18 I have try with a macro and put the active cell on A10 and go with Shift End Down but it doesn't work because macro return a fix R and C reference. I would like code that use XL(down) but I don't succeed Thanks for helping You don't need a macro - the name can define itself: Define ...

How do I modify an existing worksheet to remove columns & contents
I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to modify it using only certain columns and data in order to keep from re-doing the entire worksheet. ANybody out there in cyberspace got suggestions or good reference sources I can use? Gil There are just too many scenarios to ponder without getting some more details on what you wish to do. Please be a little more specific in your description. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:15:06 -0800, "Gil Gray" <Gil Gray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to m...

Need help w/stock status report
We are on 9.0 using manufacturing with all items set up as average cost. The canned stock status reports no longer work to tie to GL in 9.0/10.0 so I am wriitng my own in either Smartlist Builder with a SQL view or Crystal Reports. I just want to get close in tying GL to inventory value. I am thinking on the IV10200, with this (qty received * Unit Cost) - (qty sold * adjusted cost) for each layer. Then the sum of each layer "should" be close to GL. Am I on the right track? Microsoft used to report that using the Average Costing valuation method is never going to tie to the ...

Custom Archive code -- modify my code!
Hi - For whatever reason, my company doesn't want us to save our emails and has made backing them up as manual as possible. With ALOT of help from Jimmy Pena at www.codeforexcelandoutlook.com (an excellent site!), I've made a good start at creating a procedure to do this but have hit a wall and need some help. The current version of the code is below ... please note that I'm very new at Outlook VB so the changes I made to Jimmy's original code are probably pretty ugly. All input is welcome ... I'm using OL-07 and Windows XP ... currently, the code does this:...

Restructure XML
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C554A6.83B5A0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I would like to restructure my xml with a generic style sheet to perform = the following. I want to be able to inspect a group of nodes then place = them into a collection node if there are more than one at the same level = with the same name. This should occur as well if sub-levels have = consecutive node names. Is this possible? I have worked on it for a = while and have not come up with a method t...

Controlling a category in a report
I have been using M2006 for a year and an bit and have the following question. I want to be able to control the inclusion or exclusion of a category in a report from the category itself. I realize I can customize a report, but if I have a category that I do not want in any reports it would be easier to just exclude it. Meaning it would be excluded from all reports unless I specifically customized a report to include it. Ying and yang so to speak. Basically, I want to control the reporting characteristics of the category from within the category and not from within the report. Sounds lik...

Hiding labels on reports
How do you hide the labels on a report when the text box next to it is null? And does anyone have the code to make the alternating background color for each record result in details? BazEWR wrote: >How do you hide the labels on a report when the text box next to it is null? >And does anyone have the code to make the alternating background color for >each record result in details? If the label is not attached to another cotrol, hide the label: Me.thelabel.Visible = Not IsNull(Me.thetextbox) If the label is attached to a text box and you want the text box and its section to sh...

Report Options #2
Hi, What is the maximum reports options can I create in GP? Cheers Hi Kbres, Each report in GP can have a maximum of 32 different report options based on my past experience and have not tried creating beyond this number in GP 10. Hope this helps! Cheers, Dennis Araullo, MACS MCTS GP,CRM,AX MCTIP Database Administrator 2008 CCEA Thanks a lot! A Dexterity drop-down list control can display up to 32,767 items. So you should be able to have up to that number of report options for any given report. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http:/...

How to exclude transfers from Account Balance History Report?
I am running a report to show my account balances from month to month. To this end, I am using the report, “Account Balance History”. How do I exclude transfers from this report? The graph has huge downward/upward spikes which I would like to eliminate. My transfers are classified using the special Money facility, i.e. it’s a Transfer as opposed to being a Withdrawal or a Deposit. The transaction is reflected in the account being transferred to, in addition to the account being transferred from. ...

I need help in writing/modifying an EXCEL macro
I'm running EXCEL 2002. I need help in writing/modifying an EXCEL macro. If anyone can point me to a resource for sample code or examples to help with the following I would appreciate it. Every month I download a report from a state agency that I need to reformat, create charts from and send reminder emails based on some of the data. The report is downloaded as an EXCEL workbook containing a single worksheet. The worksheet is preformatted as a printed report. I have no control of this formatting and I can not get the data as a .csv file. The report contains 3 sections. See detailed...

Crystal Reports: Information is needed before this report can be processed
When selecting any of the crystal reports, I always get this message: CrystalReportViewer: Information is needed before this report can be processed Has anyone seen this message or know how to fix it? Hi, This will happen if your AD server are 2000 Servers and your CRM Server is 2003 Server. There is a patch available, You have to contact CS by creating an incident(Free of charge). -Qureshi "ewoiruweo@wpeirwpe.com" wrote: > When selecting any of the crystal reports, I always get this message: > > CrystalReportViewer: Information is needed before this report can be &g...

Crystal reports #6
I have Crystal reports v10 - what version does RMS V 1.3 use for report writing? Is this the same for RMS V2.0? Danny Dear Denny, Crystal report v8.5 works with RMS V 1.3. I have already gone through and at initial develop report on v10 but it not works then I develop the report on V. 8.5 it works. Let me know if you need any help for the report writing b/c lot of consideration are require when you develop the report to integrate with RMS. Rate please. "Danny" wrote: > I have Crystal reports v10 - what version does RMS V 1.3 use for report > writing? Is this the s...

Word 2003 vs Word 2007 and XML
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the way Word 2003 worked as far as direct formatting goes vs. 2007 and the XML background. It is my understanding that if you used direct formatting in Word 2003 instead of using styles, it created problems with corruption because Word 2003 would put a a code before and after each and every character selected. For example, if someone had a document they received in Courier New that was 50 pages long and they selected the entire document and changed the font to Times New Roman (TNR), every character throughout the document would have a...

What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2008?
What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2008? I'm looking for a text box that defers to the content's DTD and XLST references when displaying editable content. Is this a feature of Visual Studio? Thanks in Advance... -- Timothy Casey - Email: 5th-prime-number@timothycasey.info Software: http://software-1011.com; Scientific IQ Test, Web Menus, Security http://web-design-1011.com http://speed-reading-comprehension.com Science & Geology: http://geologist-1011.com; http://geologist-1011.net Timothy Casey wrote: > What XML controls are available in VB2005 & VB2...

Excel 2000- protect one column- can only be modified by one person
I need to lock one column that can only be modified by one person. Can this be done? Joe There's nothing in Excel 2000 to set user range permissions. That feature was added in Excel 2002. fyi. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "lunker55" <joec@shipwaystairs.com> wrote in message news:ObkUI8VAEHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... | I need to lock one column that can only be modified by one person. Can this | be done? | | Joe | | Thanks Jim "Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O6t8%23rWAEHA.1420@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > There's nothing in E...

Aging Report Feasibility
I would like to change RM Summary Historical Aged Trail Balance to show multicurrency. Is it possible or Is there any other report which serves the purpose or any other report I can take it as a base. If its possible can any one give me the steps that I need to do. -- Thanks Sudha That really depends what you mean by multicurrency. Have you tried un- checking the "Excluse Multicurrency Info" box in the report options? That shows a MC version of the same report, which may or may not be what you need. On Nov 20, 10:48=A0am, Sudha <Su...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &...

XML attribute test is failing and i don't know why
Hello. I'm developing a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 computer. Using this code that i copied from a book: Dim headTxt As String = "" Me.txtNodeInfo.Text = " " Dim xpNav As XPathNavigator = xpDoc.CreateNavigator() xpNav.MoveToRoot() xpNav.MoveToFirstChild() headTxt = "Currently Positioned at: " txtNodeInfo.Text = Me.txtNodeInfo.Text & headTxt & xpNav.Name & System.Environment.NewLine Dim fUpDate As Boolean = xpNav.MoveToAttribute("xmlns", String.Empty...

reports question #2
Hi How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? I have a report "Detailed Sales with Tax & Tender" but the only problem is it does not show more than one tender type per transaction. So if a customer combines two tender types only one is shown. Thanks throw me a bone?...anyone cheers "christian" wrote: > Hi > > How do I generate a report that will tell me how many store credits (or Gift > Certificates) have been issued/redeemed in a givin time frame? &...

WIP Detail Report
Is there a (field within a) SQL table that indicates whether or not a cost transaction posted to a Project is in WIP or has been cleared from WIP? This would enable me to reconcile nicely to WIP in the GL, and I'd like to add a marker to our Project Cost Breakdown report to distinguish which cost lines have been billed, and which have not. For example, I've found PA23203 seems to show line items tagged/billed for T&M jobs, but I haven't found one for FP ones yet. Ideally, there would be a Master cost detail table with a field that could be used as a marker. Any suggest...

New Crystal Reports
Hi all, I am fairly new to CRM and have a few of questions: 1. Are the existing reports a part of the CRM install? 2. Can new Crytal Reports be developed, and if so 3. How does one add a newly designed Crystal Report to the report view to make it available to all users? 4. Am I correct ot assume that CRM already comes with a Crystal runtime engine and users do not need to have their own copy of Cryatal installed, if so 5. We don't need Crystal licences for runtime engines correct? Many thanks in advance, Miriam Read the anwser.... "Miriam C." <MiriamC@discussions.mi...

Detailed Sales Report at Head quarters. On hand items shows total orginazation quanity not store quanitiy.
Hello, I am trying to customize the Detailed sales report to show the Onhand quantity for each store. When I select the "On Hand" Column it shows the total for the entire orginization. I want something that reflects just the Quanitiy On Hand at each location. I noticed that the Item -> Snapshot store Quanity list does this. I attempted to move the chuck of code setting the DynamicItem in the snapshot report over to the Detailed Sales Report but am recieving errors. I am not sure if the DynamicItem is support in reporttype = salesreport. I am in the process of registering...

Top x per criteria (Function)
Lets say I have 50 sheets, one for each state. I also have a sheet that has a years worth of data. So the data sheet has something like this (simplified) State Month Amount User RI Jan 5100 1234 RI Jan 5101 1235 RI Jan 5001 1244 RI Feb 5100 1234 RI Feb 5111 4343 RI Feb 5122 2343 RI Feb 5122 2343 RI Feb 4900 3234 RI Mar 5100 2344 TX Jan 5100 2345 TX Feb 8999 09...

Setting a cell to not go below an X value, or above a Y value
Hey, This may be very easy to do, but I just don't have a clue, I've look a most excel variables and they just seem to choose MIN and MAX fro columns or tables. What I want to do is I've got the sum adding up say cells A2 and A3 i cell A4. I want cell A4 to never go below 80, or above 200. (Formula in cell A would be =SUM(A2:A3)) Anyone think they can help -- Snake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Snakey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2785 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Newbie needs help with 'multiple XML records'
I am not even sure I have used valid words in my subject line. I have an object that I can serialize as XML and then deserialize it. I want to 'export' a static copy of the object and then 'import' it into another program on another system. My idea is to serialize it, transport the serialized output to the other system and then deserialize it into the 2 nd program. Here comes the hard part. I need to do two things. 1) - Persist the imported object (again serialize/deserialize seems reasonable) 2) - Keep multi instances of this type of object. I am only talking about a max of...