Trap the delete transaction entry event

Hi All,

Is there some way to trap the delete event in POS screen ? I need to do some
db manipulation as soon as an entry is deleted from transaction screen in POS.

I've gone through the customization guild and did not get any way out to
handle this.

Please help. Its very urgent.

thanks

0
PD (29)
8/3/2009 11:54:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Problem recovering deleted public folder
One of our administrators started cleaning out stale public folders from our Exchange 2003 server. It's the only Exchange server on the network. It turns out one of the folders was still being used. The deleted folder shows up in the "recover deleted items" dialog box in Outlook 2003, and also shows up in the same view from OWA. However, when we try to recover the folder we get errors. The retention time is a week, and a week from deletion will be this Thursday 8/11/05. The error from Outlook 2003: Outlook was unable to recover some or all of the items in this folder. Make...

Number of entries in drop down box
I have a drop down box in my spreadsheet that I use for listing the builders that I work with/for. It appears that the max. number of entries is 12. Can I increase that? -- theslaz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ theslaz's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=44 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=35320 Is it a validation dropdown or a worksheet dropdown or a combobox? -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'The Code Cage' (http://www.thecodecage.com) --------------------------...

Outlook quit automatically recording Journal entries
I have Outlook 2002 SP2 running on XP Pro. My Outlook Journal will no longer automatically record the files listed in the "also record files from" in the Journal Options setup window (I can make manual entries). Recording has worked just fine until one day it just stopped - I have double checked the settings against another computer where it is working fine and they are the same...any ides on how to fix this?? Thanks Have you tried detect and repair as well as removing the option and re-enabling it? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep ...

how to delete a list
Once I've created alist, how do I get out of it? You used Data|List|Create list??? Then you can select a cell in that list and: data|List|convert to range Tinis wrote: > > Once I've created alist, how do I get out of it? -- Dave Peterson ...

Delete Bodies and Compact does not free HD space
A family member's XP sp2 box was getting low on space on it's C drive. It was down to 1.64 G free and I noticed that he had 1.2 G of train shots in a rail group. I did a delete bodies and then compacted. The thing took forever as it copied files to somewhere that I did not take note of as I thought it would be a backup that would delete afterward. After a shut down and reboot I expected to see 1.2 + 1.64 for about 2.8Gigs free, give or take... instead, he now has 1.42G free. <SIGH> A search for .bak on the drive found nothing and no files look particularly la...

Event Button
Hello All, I have a button I need to use in a form to run the following Append Queries Aerial Lift Append, CPR Append, Defensive Driving Append, Flagging Append, Forklift Append, Ladder Handling Append, and Pole Climbing Append I am using this for the Aerial Lift Append but want to be able to add the others at the same time. Private Sub Command13_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command13_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Aerial Lift Append" DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit Exit_Command13_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command13_Click: MsgBox Err.Descrip...

Bank transaction can't be split properly
A mortgage payment is downloaded from the bank into Money 2004 Deluxe as one transaction. When I try to split it into the principle and interest the loan account is not showing up on the list of accounts so I can't assign part of the payment to the loan. Are you trying to assign the "part of the payment to the loan" using the special category Loan Payment:[name of loan acct]??? "Dave Hollinbeck" <davidhol@surewest.net> wrote in message news:028301c3d3b9$7db96b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > A mortgage payment is downloaded from the bank into Money > 2004 Delu...

Duplicate Entries
Hi Guys, Had a problem recently and got it solved so quick that i thought i'd try again. If i don't want a user to make a duplicate entry into a form, how do i go about it ?. I've already got this field set as a primary key and this will give an error message when the user tries to save the information but i'd prefer a warning message to pop up when the user moves to the next control. I've looked at some of the replies to a similar question on these forums but the solution doesn't work for me. Some users were advised to put a certain code in the Bef...

trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL
Hi there, I'm trying to trap the LVN_ENDSCROLL notification in my parent, but don't seem to get it. Here's what I have. In my parent's header: void OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult); In the source: void CSKListCtrl::OnLvnEndScroll(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { Invalidate(); UpdateWindow(); *pResult = 0; } In the message map: ON_NOTIFY(LVN_ENDSCROLL, WM_QUICKLIST, OnLvnEndScroll) where WM_QUICKLIST is mapped to my child's ID. What am I doing wrong? Thank you. Well since I couldn't find a way of trapping LVN_ENDSCROLL, I just used the HSCROL...

Event ID 9097
My Exchange 2003 namespace has become unregistered in Windows Management Instrumentation on the system. Support article 288590 describes my problem exactly. However, the resolution posted in the article does not work for me. I get an error message relating to invalid namespace. Any help would be appreciated. ...

VLookup VBA error trapping
Can anyone tell me how to modify this formula to trap errors? I tried wrapping it in IsError (code) Then...but it doesn't work. Public Sub RunMeNow() Dim i As Long Dim iLastRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet2") iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 3 To iLastRow 'iLastRow to 1 Step -1 .Cells(i, "B").Value = Application.VLookup( _ .Cells(i, "A").Value, Range("RegionGrouping"), 2, False) Next i End With End Sub Or any other way I can handle an error with this type of pr...

Publisher 2003 Bug: Print Preview shows deleted objects.
Print preview in Microsoft Publisher has a serious error: it shows deleted objects. This ocurs whether the changes to the page have been saved or not. The objects are displayed in the preview but not on the edit page, and so they cannot be editied out. This is a (yet another) serious error in Microsoft software and requires urgent correction. Kenneth Spencer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

Assigning a category to a payee across a number of transactions
I recently dl'd 700 some credit card transactions into Money '04. The majority of these transactions can be accounted for by a handful of payees, grocers, gas stations, utilities, etc. Rather than, say, go into each transaction to QFC groceries & adding the category "food : groceries", I would like to do set all transactions with the payee QFC to that category at once. I've looked through the help file (no help) as well as the site http://money.mvps.org & I cannot find a way to do this. I see also that you can view/edit a list of payees, as well as a l...

Deleting infected emails
I have Norton AV 2002 set up to delete infected emails ariving in Outlook. Normally it delets them just fine but for some reason every now and then it pops up a message to say that it can't delete an email message and that "this email it's still infected". I can delete the message manually so what stops Norton doing the same? ...

Compare and delete row
I need some help - I need to compare a cell, let's say A1, that wil contain a date. I need Excel to compare it to today's date, if it i over 60 days, I need it to go ahead and delete that row. If not, I nee it to leave alone. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this Sub test() If IsDate(Range("a1")) = True Then If Range("a1").Value > Date + 60 Then Range("a1").EntireRow.Delete End If End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "intheway >" <<intheway.176s7x@excelforum-nospam.c...

Error message when deleting EFORMS REGISTRY
I am trying to delete a form that is under EFORMS REGISTRY. When I try to delete a form I get an error saying "The requested operation is forbidden." I have tried the suggestions on Microsoft report and non have worked such as assigning the IP on the Default Website and checking permissions in exadmin. I also get an error when trying to publish to the Orginization Form. where are you trying to accomplish this? "MasterChief" <constants@mix-net.net> wrote in message news:1114454288.172503.81450@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I am trying to delete a form that i...

Trapping errors
How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error messages and ignores them? See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message Thanks Tony Take a look at what Allen Browne has at http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-23a.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:uWKdkqVzHHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do write a piece of code that traps VBA error messages and ignores > them? > See my post on 22/07/07 about an Automation error message > Thanks >...

Directory Contacts deleted or missing
HELP! If you go into Outlook and Open Other User's Folder, and choose Directory and use the Contacts option under folder, all of the data for our employees (name, ext., cell#, etc.) is now gone!!! Anyone know how or why this happened and how to retrieve it without manually adding in everyone's info again? If that users opens his/her own mailbox do they see it? If not you will need to get it from a backup. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply...

Downloaded Transactions not Complete
When I download transactions from my Financial Institution they only contain 32 characters, which usually cuts the end of the transaction off. Is this with all banks? ...

Missing transactions in the EDC Settled Batch Detail report?
Processed a batch of approximately 32 transactions all visa and mastercard. The entire batch was authorized. At the end of the day, settled the batch and then ran the EDC Settled Batch Detail Report. The report only showed 20 of the 32 transactions as having settled. Confirmed with processor 20 transactions settled and also confirmed the total 32 transactions were authorized. In the EDC Settled Batch Detail report, there were no Technical Errors. What happened to the missing 12 transactions that were authorized but never settled and appeared to have “disappeared”? ...

Outlook Web Mail
After reading Email, selecting "reply" results in a new window which fails to display the area for input of text. Instead it shows a square with a red "x" inside on the upper left corner of the text box. I can type with no problem in the From or Two boxes. Just the message text area is grayed out. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and IE8. I tried IE Compatibility mode but it did not help. It works perfectly in Google Chrome, but Outlook Web defaults to an older interface with less functionality. "egruber" <egruber@discussions.microsoft...

howto delete items from outlook users deleted items from exchange
Dear All, I want to use Exchange 2003 mailbox manager to automatically delete outlook users deleted items from their mailboxes organization wide. I am not talking about retention of deleted items after users have themselves deleted the items . I want organization manager to be able to empty deleted items weekly. Thanks, Gila Hi Gila, Just go into Exchange System Manager, Recipients --> Recipient Policies right click and select New | Recipient Policy In the new Policy window check "Mailbox Manager Settings" click ok In the General tab give the Policy a Name (i.e. ...

How to force entry in cell before saving.
Is there a way to force users to fill in specific cells in a spreadsheet before printing or saving the spreadsheet in Excel? -*-Mike-*- look in the ThisWorkbook vba module for workbook>before print and before save events. "Mike Okuley" <Mike@okuley.com> wrote in message news:022701c370b7$ab9216f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to force users to fill in specific cells in > a spreadsheet before printing or saving the spreadsheet in > Excel? > > -*-Mike-*- Thands much Don for the quick response. -*-Mike-*- >-----Original Message----- >look ...

Deleting unsent email
How do I delete an unsent email that I'm told was started 2 days ago but is still in my outbox What happens when you try to delete it or move it to the Drafts folder? For solutions to delete a message stuck in the Outbox see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "pneupower" <pneupower@discussions.microsoft...

Delete item at Store
I have 2 Store and HQ. But I can't Access Store directly. Anyway, I want to Delete One item at HQ and store. I do that at HQ. But I can't do that at Store. Because Store are in another area How Can i Do that? It's generally better to make the item inactive if at all possible. If you abosolutely must delete the item, you can use a Worksheet 51 to run the following SQL: DELETE from Item WHERE ItemLookupCode = 'X' Where X is the Item Lookup Code for the item you want to delete. Again, if there are any transactions associated with the item in question, it would be bes...