TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT

I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS
PROBLEM.

STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE
TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN.  IN ADDITION TO THAT THE
TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY.

AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS

THANKS
0
Davi (9)
3/3/2006 12:23:04 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check HQ Client for errors, or from  HQ Manager, view the event log for that
store.  You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created
the transfer.

I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14
characters - this would generate an error saying "string or binary data
would be truncated".  The easiest way to fix this is to just delete the
offending transfers and have Store A reenter it using a shorther transfer
number.  This problem is addressed in the latest hotfix for RMS 1.3 by the
way...

That is just a fairly common error that I have seen create the condition you
are seeing - there may be other causes.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"DAVI" <DAVI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS
> PROBLEM.
>
> STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN
> THE
> TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN.  IN ADDITION TO THAT THE
> TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY.
>
> AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS
>
> THANKS

0
glenn9672 (1267)

about transfer order

Transfering messages

HR Position Transfers

Windows Easy Transfer

Transferring an order to an invoice...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Which Transfer In?
A question for you all, which our support company can not answer... If branch 5 receives a transfer from another branch of 64 of item 68209, but the paperwork is missing, and there is no label on the box to say which branch it has come from, is there a quick way of finding the correct Transfer in document? We have tried the Item movement and item movement history reports, but the answer is NO!. Basically, look through all of the transfers in, until you find the correct one. I'm, after a report or a solution which does not involve Store Administrator, as it should be an easy to us...

Activation Transfer
We currently have Publisher installed on our 3 computers. We have a computer we are replacing in our department. I need to know how I deactivate the computer we are replacing and transfer the activation onto the computer we are replacing it with. Thanks. There is no "deactivation". Uninstall it from old computer. Install it on new computer. Select telephone activation if necessary. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44CF7...

transferring files #3
hi, i just got a new computer. i want to transfer the contacts and emails, basically the all the information i had in outlook express on my old computer to the new one. i tried to just copy outlook onto a zip disk and put it on the new computer but that didn't work. i can't seem to find any folders where this info is in outlook. need help! thanks I'm not exactly sure about Outlook Express, but in Outlook there is an 'Import / Export' function in the 'File' menu. From here, follow the steps and create a 'pst' file for your contacts and messages....

Transferring SMTP server to the new exchange
if I introduce new exchange server into the network how do i transfer SMTP server to the new exchange so that outgoing emails use it instead of the old exchange server? thank you On your current servers setup smart host to the new server. Do this from: 1. Exchange System Manager virtual server settings. 2. Delivery property sheet 3. Advanced 4. Smart Host - You can enter the IP insquare brackets or the machine name. cheers, Alexander Zammit Software Development Consultant Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at http://www.exchangeinbox.com/ "asdf" &...

Transfers
Hi I am still using Money 2001. There seems to be two ways of posting a transfer between accounts: 1) Using the 'Transfer' page on the data entry form 2) Doing a deposit or withdrawl and choosing 'Transfer' under SPECIAL in the category for the transaction. Both seem to work, why are these a bit different, and when should I use each way? Many thanks for any help. They aren't different. A Transfer is a Transfer. "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053801c3c45d$d8aa7c00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I am still using M...

Transfer of Address Book from MS Outlook
How do I transfer my address book from Outlook to Outlook Express. Thanks, Jack Larkin Import it from Outlook Express. File->Import. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer wyreema@bigpind.net.au <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How do I transfer my address book from Outlook to Outlook | Express. | Thanks, | Jack Larkin I don't believe there is such an optio...

Transfer items from SO to HQ
Hi, Can I transfer inventory-items from Store to HQ ?? -- Aliko Aliko, No, HQ doesn't have any inventory, only the stores do. If you wish, you can transfer to other stores though. -- * "Aliko" <Aliko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3681A399-B3D7-45B0-B91C-80AB22D27943@microsoft.com... Hi, Can I transfer inventory-items from Store to HQ ?? -- Aliko ...

Contract Transfer
Hello - A client wants to transfer contract line items from a contract quote (created by salesman (in Sales Transaction Entrt / Contract Sales) to an existing contract. Currently this transfers to a new contract, but the client wants to maintain a single Hardware contract and update line items when clients purchase more items. This is being updated manually at present and client wants to automate information flow from sales to contract administration. Could someone suggest how I could achieve this? Thanks in advance. Rob -- Rob Purnell Technical Consultant ...

Mail Transfer Limit
Our server transfer limit is set at 50MB per email (with attachments of course). Our email user sends a 7MB email with PDF attachments and it bounces back to her. The recipient server limit advertises 10MB (see below). 220 Client-Domain.com SMTP Proxy Server Ready ehlo OurDomain.com 250-somename01.Client-Domain.com ESMTP Server Ready 250 SIZE 10485760 Taking MIME conversion into consideration, a 7MB mail will expand by... say 30% (my wild guess), so it becomes 9.1MB. That's still less than what the receiving server can take (10MB). Why does it bounce back? What am I missing? Does email e...

transfer
Hi, I have a student loan that I am having put into my checking account. How do I input this into Money? Basically I am adding more debt to my loan account, but I would like to make this as a transfer to my checking account. Money doesnt let me input transfers, it just lets me make payments. How do I get around this? ...

Importing Transfer Transactions
I have been working all day manually doing all the transfer transactions during my last import. I am getting nowhere fast! When I imported my accounts as one file, I was told that was the wrong way to do it. Then I exported all of my accounts as individual files and imported them back into a clean file one by one. Was that the wrong way too? Should I have exported them as individual accounts, then imported them as one account??? I wish I'd get this right!!! The latter. There is no other way to export besides one account at a time. Importing all at once is how to get Money to ...

Transfer
Hi, How can i prevent overide Qty on Hand when issueing item's transfer. thanks ...

Inventory transfer
Has anyone ever encountered a problem where you are doing an inventory transfer from your warehouse machine and an error pops up saying " Unable to add this item to worksheet". this is an HQ environment. Urgent reply -- Kay This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0094_01CA9074.03533030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Kay, Yes, PO's and Transfers have been whacked since they added all of the = new features with 2.0. It could also be caused by not having KB 9522...

Transfering Outlook Pro '03 .pst file
* takes place in Outlook 2003 I transferred my office.pst file form another computer and put it on my new computer (both computers had office professional 2003), but it didn't save any of my "emails; sent, received, and my specific file that I created to organize my incoming emails (which was created in my "personal folders column")" The only thing it appeared to save was my calendar information. The size of the office.pst file that I was attempting to transfer was 118 MB. I think somewhere in that file must be my emails. How do I get them to appear on my new c...

Any way to integrate Bank Transfers and Fixed Assets???
In Integration Manager there is no Destination Adapter for Bank Transfers or Fixed Assets. Is there any other way to integrate Bank Transfers and/or Fixed Assets into GP? Thanks You're right about Bank Transfers but wrong about FA. There are integrations for them. For Bank Transfers, you would need to use a tool like Table Import. -- Charles Allen, MVP "DynamicsGPLover" wrote: > In Integration Manager there is no Destination Adapter for Bank Transfers or > Fixed Assets. > > Is there any other way to integrate Bank Transfers and/or Fixed Assets into &g...

Transfer Files Using VBA
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew Jrew, You could create a batch file (from the olden days) using XCOPY and desired bel...

transfer category vs. transfer transaction
what is the difference between using the transfer category and the transfer transacton type? Once you turn off Transaction Forms, nothing. "Jonathan Altman" <JonathanAltman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04404731-4620-4AE9-969C-D376BAE7413F@microsoft.com... > what is the difference between using the transfer category and the > transfer > transacton type? ...