transfer license to new computer

Hello All.
My POS computer is old therefore I am trying to upgrade my computer
with new hardware.
How can I deactivate my license from old computer and transfer into my
new computer?
I am using MS RMS 2.0 and Headquater Client 2.0.
Please be advised.

0
blacksky80 (29)
8/25/2008 6:12:40 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

simply remove old computer setup new(make sure has compitable OS) install
RMs and updates. Configure when you setup the key you will be required to
call india and explain why you are moving your license. Tell them your
replacing your hardware. Done.

===================
"Alex" <blacksky80@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All.
> My POS computer is old therefore I am trying to upgrade my computer
> with new hardware.
> How can I deactivate my license from old computer and transfer into my
> new computer?
> I am using MS RMS 2.0 and Headquater Client 2.0.
> Please be advised.

0
maurice1766 (189)
8/25/2008 10:58:59 PM
Does 2.0 still use the dongle? Just curious. Thanks.

"Maurice @ ARS" wrote:

> simply remove old computer setup new(make sure has compitable OS) install
> RMs and updates. Configure when you setup the key you will be required to
> call india and explain why you are moving your license. Tell them your
> replacing your hardware. Done.
>
> ===================
> "Alex" <blacksky80@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All.
> > My POS computer is old therefore I am trying to upgrade my computer
> > with new hardware.
> > How can I deactivate my license from old computer and transfer into my
> > new computer?
> > I am using MS RMS 2.0 and Headquater Client 2.0.
> > Please be advised.

0
EricJRW (23)

about transfer order

New Mailbox not receiving mails
We have recently added a new mailbox to Exchange 2000 on our company's server. The user can access his mails via our ISP but they do not appear to be uploading onto the server. He is using Outlook 2003. We can't find any differences between the new user profile and the previous profiles that work OK. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we need to do? No-one at my company is that familiar with Exchange. Thanks in advance HI In the User propertieas (in active directory users and computers) check if the user have e-mail address, Regards, Shai Netanel "Darach" ...

Plugin to read Magnetic stripe on driver's license
Anyone know of a plug-in to read, parse, and enter new customer data from a driver's license. Would also be great if it could match against existing customers. If this does not exist, and I set out to create such a plug-in I'd like to know how many people would find this useful, and I welcome comments on desireable features. -- It's said in Ireland that when a ship runs aground, the sea has spoken. Elypsis Software in Napa, CA, has such a module; I've not bought it myself but I have seen it in use at a winery. It works off the magnetic stripe used in many states. Note...

New Email To: Field shows previous names
When I create a new email, I start to type the persons name in the To field. If I type Ste, a list pops up showing me names all starting sith "Ste". This is great except, there are names in this list that are no longer valid. How can I remove names from this pop-up list? Some of the names popping up are not in my contact list. I suspect that the names popping up are based on me receiving previous emails from the person. Thanks, Steve Steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I create a new email, I start to type the persons > name in the To fiel...

home/student license details
I work for a not-for-profit organisation, and am interetsed at upgrading to Office 2008. I have been looking for resources on MS' site to indictate whether I could legally use a Student/Home Edition license as opposed to the Standard Edition. Can anyone point me in the right direction or better still give me an indication where I can see (download?) the license conditions for both versions. thanks JW the3rdParty wrote: > I work for a not-for-profit organisation, and am interetsed at > upgrading to Office 2008. I have been looking for resources on MS' > site to indicta...

INSERT NEW ROW MACRO BUTTON
Hi, I am looking for a standard "insert new row" macro function that would be triggered by a simple "button" click from the user. I searched the forum, but only found specific macros (insert based on a value, insert every other lines...etc..). I am creating an excel "Use Case" template for several business units. All I want from these users, is to use my excel template to describe their daily tasks (step by step). So the first row will be for them to entire the title of their use case, the second row, their name, the 3rd row the overall description AND......

&quot;New Web Query&quot; function #2
thanks R.VENKATARAMAN I do use yahoo finance to get the data at this moment. i am actually looking for the website linkage methodology which allows me to get data from other web sites as well. -- vinrouge ...

Start a new 'paragraph' without using mouse
If I am typing a series of notes as separate 'paragraphs', how can I start a new paragraph from the keyboard? Currently I have to reach for the mouse and click somewhere below the current paragraph. And if I don't click far enough below, the cursor stays in the previous paragraph. I really don't want to use the mouse at all for this; I just want to hit some key combination and keep typing. If you press the down arrow a few times, do you get a new outline (I assume this is what you are calling a "paragraph")? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test T...

Transfering messages

Computer Problem!
My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix that? James Moore "James" <jamo1937@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4082df64-90ec-4b18-8242-fed29ee62b92@t23g2000yqt.googlegroups.com... > My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and > fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This > happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix > that? ...

HR Position Transfers

Windows Easy Transfer

Transferring an order to an invoice...

New exchange server and remove old
What is the best way to setup a new exchange server and remove the old one? The old one is a exchange 2000 ent and the new one is a exchange 2003 ent. I have 100 mailboxes on the old exchange server. Is it possible to move mailboxes within the exchange manager to the new server. Any other or better way? Do I need to use Exmage? Best Regards Martin this might help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "MW" <776@uy778yy.com> wrote in message news:4558b000$0$49196$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > What is the best way to setup a new exchan...

Deleted User, Lost License
I accidentally deleted a user from Active Directory prior to removing their CRM license, and now CRM will not let me remove the license for that user because the user no longer exists. Anyone know how I can reclaim the orphaned license? Thanks, -Jeff Hi Jeff One solution is this: -Open Deployment Manager and go to License Manager -Remove your CRM License -Add you CRM License back -Open CRM and assign License to all users who need them Regards Dan "JeffW" wrote: > I accidentally deleted a user from Active Directory prior to removing their > CRM license, and now CRM w...

no sound for new mail in inbox
i have same problems about sound. 1. does that mean i have to leave outlook open for 5 minutes or longer to hear a sound for new mail in the inbox? 2, do i have to create a rule to play a sound for items going into personal folders?and how do you do that? 1. Please quote the post to which you are referring - no one here has any idea what the original question/answer entailed. 2. Post your version of Outlook. 3. Use rules and alerts. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: h...

Gold Partner License
We are a gold partner and I am trying to find out how we get the 25 user license for CRM 1.2. Is there an easy way, or is this something I have to call them on? You need to go here: http://mbs.microsoft.com/contact and call them or go to the PartnerSource section to obtain the license code. >-----Original Message----- >We are a gold partner and I am trying to find out how we get the 25 user >license for CRM 1.2. Is there an easy way, or is this something I have to >call them on? >. > ...

License Product Key
I'm currently unemployed and I need to make myself more marketable by improving my software skills, therefore my question is does anyone have office 2003 or 2007 programs who'd be willing to share the product key with me. I would be very appreciative. You are asking about piracy and thievery of a MS product in a MS newsgroup? And, to ask a stranger to give you something they paid for? You've got nerve. Be sure to put on your resume that you are a thief so they won't risk hiring you. "Bren" <Bren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Can I install Office 97 on my new windows xp computer?
I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My new computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my Office 97 Excel files from my old computer. I have the Office 97 cd. Can i install this on my new computer with Windows XP? Yes. In article <569D8416-360C-4DBB-82A6-D1090EB53395@microsoft.com>, "whitedog" <whitedog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My new > computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my Office > 97 E...

Openning a new document
When I go to start-new office document (template)and I pick which doc I want to open, it starts or at least tries to find it but nothing happens. The only way to open it is to find it on the local drive via Windows Explorer and in the 1033 folder and then I can open it. How do I fix this problem. Also note this happens with all of the templates. Hi Jeffrey Templates are normally stored under C:\Documents and Settings\<Your username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. Maybe you should try to copy your templates to this directory "Jeffrey" wrote: > When I go to...

Which Transfer In?
A question for you all, which our support company can not answer... If branch 5 receives a transfer from another branch of 64 of item 68209, but the paperwork is missing, and there is no label on the box to say which branch it has come from, is there a quick way of finding the correct Transfer in document? We have tried the Item movement and item movement history reports, but the answer is NO!. Basically, look through all of the transfers in, until you find the correct one. I'm, after a report or a solution which does not involve Store Administrator, as it should be an easy to us...

Activation Transfer
We currently have Publisher installed on our 3 computers. We have a computer we are replacing in our department. I need to know how I deactivate the computer we are replacing and transfer the activation onto the computer we are replacing it with. Thanks. There is no "deactivation". Uninstall it from old computer. Install it on new computer. Select telephone activation if necessary. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44CF7...