Transfer item at HQ after the item has been sold

I have two stores and I 'd like to transfer items often. A manager from the
other store comes in and takes what she wants to take. She makes a list of
what she takes and gives it to me. She starts selling these items right away
at her store. I take the list and enter into the HQ once a week as a transfer
initiated by HQ.
My question is, does the qty at receiving store get messed up if I do the HQ
transfer after that item has been already sold?

0
sammm (54)
6/8/2007 4:05:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The quantity may go -1 then back to zero after the transfer, but if the cost
has changed you won't be getting an accurate cost on your store ops
transaction table--and therefore on most of the sales reports...

Definitely better to do things in the proper order.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"sammm" wrote:

> I have two stores and I 'd like to transfer items often. A manager from the
> other store comes in and takes what she wants to take. She makes a list of
> what she takes and gives it to me. She starts selling these items right away
> at her store. I take the list and enter into the HQ once a week as a transfer
> initiated by HQ.
> My question is, does the qty at receiving store get messed up if I do the HQ
> transfer after that item has been already sold?

0
tomg2938 (389)
6/8/2007 4:11:01 PM
I never liked this aspect of RMS. It will not go back and change the costs
in the transaction tables - there should be a way to tell it an "as of" date
for transfers and received POs so that reporting can be correct. There is
plenty of reason in business to sell things as soon as they come in. I don't
want an adminstrative process to slow down sales (tail wagging the dog).

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> The quantity may go -1 then back to zero after the transfer, but if the
> cost
> has changed you won't be getting an accurate cost on your store ops
> transaction table--and therefore on most of the sales reports...
>
> Definitely better to do things in the proper order.
>

> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>

> "sammm" wrote:
>
>> I have two stores and I 'd like to transfer items often. A manager from
>> the
>> other store comes in and takes what she wants to take. She makes a list
>> of
>> what she takes and gives it to me. She starts selling these items right
>> away
>> at her store. I take the list and enter into the HQ once a week as a
>> transfer
>> initiated by HQ.
>> My question is, does the qty at receiving store get messed up if I do the
>> HQ
>> transfer after that item has been already sold?

about transfer order

deleted items folder
I have no deleted items folder in my livemail folder pane. When I delete an item there seems to be no way to get it back. I'm sure this is an operator problem, but how do I find/create the deleted items folder and how do I make it show up in the folder pane??? Is the account expanded so that you see the Inbox, Junk e-mail, Drafts, and Sent items? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "lrgduck" <lrgduck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FCF6802-CC3C-4574-A4A8-604E8E48410B@microsoft.com... > I have no deleted items folder in my livemail folder pa...

Transfering messages

Recovering deleted items
Hi, My V.P. is getting an error ( "outlook has generated an error and the application will close") when he is trying to recover a deleted item. Then Outlook shuts down. The deleted items window does come up but when you click on an item to recover,this error comes up.We are using Outlook 2000. I have been unable to find anything referencing this issue and was wondering if anybody could assist me with this....Thanks What is logged to the Event Viewer regarding this? Does it work when you start Outlook with the /safe switch? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlo...

HR Position Transfers

Inventory item numbers
There are quantities for existing item numbers. What is the best method to move these balances to new item numbers: 1) Buy item number modifier from Professional Tools or 2) Use decrease adjustments to reduce the existing balances to zero, then post increase adjustments to the new item numbers. Jackie, Is there any reason that you would want to keep the history of what happened under the old number vs. the new one? If so, then go with option 2. Will the new item be set up differently than the old one? If so, most likely you'll want option 2 (this will be true for most 'major...

Windows Easy Transfer

Transferring an order to an invoice...

oulokk calander items time changes on send/receive
I have connected outlook 2003 with my hotmail account. When I change the timing of an existing appointment (e.g. 26 May 2010 old time 1600 hrs, new time 1700 hrs) in the Outlook 2003 calendar and press send/receive (F9), the new time moves back to 12 hrs and the same appointment is now displayed in 26 May 2010 but at 0500 hrs. ...

Default PO Price Different From Cost Prices in Item Card
The standard cost, current cost and the orginating invoice cost in the item card are all the same (£2.11). When creating a PO, the correct Unit Cost appears as long as the quantities have not yet been changed. However, once a quantity has been entered, the Unit Cost changes to another figure (£12.89), which we're not sure where it's being pulled from. Has anyone experienced the same problem or have any thoughts on this matter? Thank you If you have ordered this item before from the same vendor, you will have a vendor item card. That card records the last price...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...

mark multiple items as reconciled
I have a brokerage account, the cash portion of which has many items that should be marked as reconciled. The only way I know to do that is to right click on each item individually. How can I mark them all at once? In microsoft.public.money, Paul Pedersen wrote: >I have a brokerage account, the cash portion of which has many items that >should be marked as reconciled. The only way I know to do that is to right >click on each item individually. How can I mark them all at once? > In the View for the register, select to show only unreconciled transactions. Sort by date, and...

Folder properties says there are items in Deleted Items but not th
Hello, I have a client that is over his mailbox limit. I checked his folder size and it says there are many emails in his deleted items but when you click on the folder there is nothing there. He is using Office 2007 SP2 on XP SP3. Thanks are you sure you checked the right folders? which version of Exchange do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslet...

Inactive Object in Item Master Table
While looking at item master(IV00101), I see there is an object (column) named Inactive for which I can't find any reference in GP Screens or menus. I wish to create a Business Alert on this column but don't what the values are and what changes can be made and at what place in GP Any help will be appreciated highly Regards, I believe that field was for a switch in Small Business Financials that allowed for declaring an item Inactive. The field is not used in GP. Perhaps someone else can confirm this also. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynami...

Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company
Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a transfer to a new company? Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish? If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other rules on 'transferring' assets. Is this just a new database or are you doing an intercompany transaction? We can help, we just need a little more explanation. "FA user" wrote: > Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a > transfer to a new company? ...

Which Transfer In?
A question for you all, which our support company can not answer... If branch 5 receives a transfer from another branch of 64 of item 68209, but the paperwork is missing, and there is no label on the box to say which branch it has come from, is there a quick way of finding the correct Transfer in document? We have tried the Item movement and item movement history reports, but the answer is NO!. Basically, look through all of the transfers in, until you find the correct one. I'm, after a report or a solution which does not involve Store Administrator, as it should be an easy to us...

CTreeCtrl / deleting selected item
All I have a CTreeCtrl with theTVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style. If the program deletes the item that is currently selected, I would like to disable the program from automatically selecting a different item (I would like there to be no selection at all in this case). Anyone any idea how this could be achieved ? Many thanks in advance! Sorry - already figured it out. before running ... treeCtrl.DeleteItem(itemh); I am just calling this ... if (treeCtrl.GetSelectedItem() == itemh) treeCtrl.SelectItem(NULL); ...

Recalling item for RETURN
When I recall items for return, one of the problems is that the tender window (F12) initially specifies a wrong $ amount by default in the credit card field. To make it corect, I had to erase it and press "+" to set it to the right value. For example, a gentleman bought 2 items and wanted to return one this morning. I recalled the transaction, erased the item he kept and left only the one he wants to return on the POS screen. Then I pressed F12 and I saw the entire transaction amount in the credit card field... the amount to refund should have been about half of that total...

Cases and Single Items
We order cans in packs of 12 or 24, but sell them individualy, when I create a P.O., (having set the suppliers tab in the item properties to reflect the case quantities) we are generating orders that sometimes lists the cases required, and sometimes lists in individual cans, but at the case price!! When we receive the order, the programme sometimes stocks as individual cans, which is what we want, and sometimes lists the cases which can mean we have as much as 48 cans in stock, but we think we only have two. This means we always have to check and recheck anything we are buying in case...

Activation Transfer
We currently have Publisher installed on our 3 computers. We have a computer we are replacing in our department. I need to know how I deactivate the computer we are replacing and transfer the activation onto the computer we are replacing it with. Thanks. There is no "deactivation". Uninstall it from old computer. Install it on new computer. Select telephone activation if necessary. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Matt" <Matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44CF7...

Transferring SMTP server to the new exchange
if I introduce new exchange server into the network how do i transfer SMTP server to the new exchange so that outgoing emails use it instead of the old exchange server? thank you On your current servers setup smart host to the new server. Do this from: 1. Exchange System Manager virtual server settings. 2. Delivery property sheet 3. Advanced 4. Smart Host - You can enter the IP insquare brackets or the machine name. cheers, Alexander Zammit Software Development Consultant Check out, ExchangeInbox.com the new MS Exchange Resource site at http://www.exchangeinbox.com/ "asdf" &...

transferring files #3
hi, i just got a new computer. i want to transfer the contacts and emails, basically the all the information i had in outlook express on my old computer to the new one. i tried to just copy outlook onto a zip disk and put it on the new computer but that didn't work. i can't seem to find any folders where this info is in outlook. need help! thanks I'm not exactly sure about Outlook Express, but in Outlook there is an 'Import / Export' function in the 'File' menu. From here, follow the steps and create a 'pst' file for your contacts and messages....

Transfers
Hi I am still using Money 2001. There seems to be two ways of posting a transfer between accounts: 1) Using the 'Transfer' page on the data entry form 2) Doing a deposit or withdrawl and choosing 'Transfer' under SPECIAL in the category for the transaction. Both seem to work, why are these a bit different, and when should I use each way? Many thanks for any help. They aren't different. A Transfer is a Transfer. "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053801c3c45d$d8aa7c00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I am still using M...

Transfer of Address Book from MS Outlook
How do I transfer my address book from Outlook to Outlook Express. Thanks, Jack Larkin Import it from Outlook Express. File->Import. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer wyreema@bigpind.net.au <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How do I transfer my address book from Outlook to Outlook | Express. | Thanks, | Jack Larkin I don't believe there is such an optio...