Tracking inventory of lot matrix items

Hi

I have a situation where we sell cigars by pack or
individually. I have created lot matrix items so we can do
that. Now, how do I track inventory in this situation. My
cashiers break open a packs to sell individual cigars all
day long. It is not practical to change inventory every
time a pack is broken open. Is there a better way to track
inventory. Any help is appreciated.

Regards
JD
0
anonymous (74723)
12/4/2004 2:46:33 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

JD,

Go into a Standard item > Special tab.  Look at the Parent > Child section

From Help;
Parent item: Displays the item lookup code of the parent of this item. A
parent item is defined as an item that contains a set quantity of a single
item. When the on-hand quantity for the single item is depleted, the parent
item is "opened up" so that the total number of single items it contains is
now seen as the on-hand quantity for the single item. This option is also
know as "breaking" and is useful in extracting single units from carton or
case inventories. The total number of single items the parent contains is
displayed in the Child Quantity field.

Child quantity: The number of child items contained within a parent item.
For example, it would be the number of packages within a certain carton.

--
*
"JD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi

I have a situation where we sell cigars by pack or
individually. I have created lot matrix items so we can do
that. Now, how do I track inventory in this situation. My
cashiers break open a packs to sell individual cigars all
day long. It is not practical to change inventory every
time a pack is broken open. Is there a better way to track
inventory. Any help is appreciated.

Regards
JD

0
spam3944 (2163)
12/4/2004 3:21:51 AM
Thanks Jeff. It worked perfect.

Regards
JD

0
anonymous (74723)

DO NOT delete sent items
I have Outlook 2002 & Outlook 2003 on more than 50 clients all all runing Exchange 2003 in the background and using the local POP3 in outlook to send external message and I want to make sure any user can not delete his sent items. All sent items should remain in the mailbox. Can I do that on the Exchange server or I have to go on each and every client and do it? Best Regards, Jassim Rahma Use Journaling: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/journaling.mspx On Sun, 8 May 2005 07:02:03 -0700, Jassim Rahma <JassimRahma@discussions.microsoft.com>...

The Allocated Qty in Inventory is incorrect
Hi; When I clicked on the Allocated qty link in Item inquiry, it is showing the item allocated qty found on an opened order but physically it is showing "0" in item inquiry. I was wondering, it is caused by some error while using Integration Manager to upload SOP transactions. How can I reconcile the Allocated qty, and how can I remove those "shadow" order transaction. Those "shadow" transaction means, it is not showing in the document list but when I create an order let's say ORD-12345, it said the order ORD-12345 is existed. Thanks! Have you r...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Discontinued Item in Inventory
We have inventory items that have been marked as discontinued but they are on the purchase order that I am trying to enter. How do I change the item so it is not discontinued? Thanks Angie Angie, You should just be able to go to Cards > Inventory > Item. Select the item number and change the Item Type from Discontinued to Sales Inventory and save. If this does not work then go to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, open a new query window and execute the following query against your company database: UPDATE IV00101 SET ITEMTYPE = 1 WHERE ITEMNMBR = 'Your-item-numbe...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I activate the recover deleted items
How do I activate this feature in Outlook 2000? I'm running Exchange 5.5. Any help is appreciated. Hello Peter, You must first make sure deleted item retention is set on the server. Once that is set on the server, in Outlook on the Tools menu , you should have Recover Deleted Items. For more information about Understanding Deleted Item Recovery, please refer to the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q228/9/34.asp Hope this helps. Thanks -- lindabr@online.microsoft.com Please do not send email directly to this ali...

I Need Help in how to alter Item Quantity display
This is what we want to do. during the transaction, when the same item is scanned more than once, RMS will automatically increase the quantity of the item instead of creating a new line everytime the item is scanned. I will be happy for any response. and i will be able to keep my job. thank you! Hello RMS Slave for life, I am just a slave like you that has been looking for some time for a few add ons that would make our life a little easier, that been said you may want to take a look at http://syssolutionsllc.com and look for "Same item control" add on that looks like it will...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

how to get OLE link from Item object
Im unable to resolve the problem. So plz try to help me.I will descibe u my requirment here. Problem description: Im writing a custom DLL based on MAPI. Which will send mails. So my problem here is I want to send the outlook item as an Attachment. So for that insted of usaing Attachments.Add method(which is provided by outlook Object Model), Im using a property by which u can assign the "outlook Item" to a member variable. ex: m_AttachObj= item (Im using this, insted of creating attachments collection object, as Im sure that there will be only one attachment as per ou...

Inventory Reconciliation
Can someone tell me what this utility is suppose to be accomplishing. I note that in past running of it, it has created negative on hand quantities, negative backorder and allocation quanities. Doesn't seem appropriate to have a utility create negative quantities of anything. Please advise. thanks. JT Hi Jim, There is a recommended sequence to running inventory in Great Plains. You start with reconciling in this order after taking a back-up: 1) Sales 2) Purchasing 3) Inventory This might help minimize your problems. Also, at one company I was working at we found that Items usi...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Button Text not showing :Too many items in Oppurtunity Menubar
Hi, It is indeed necessary for me to display the Text for all the buttons. But, there exist a lot many and CRM is hiding the text. How can i tackle this? How can MenuITem be useful (if at all.)? Thanks. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF Report Engine, Part 2 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0ad2fa61-7f0c-485f-92c9-cf3a9ee210a7/wpf-report-engine-part-2.aspx You could try hiding toolbar buttons you don't need using JavaScript. This code will hide "Create Invoice" button on "Order" entity form. var mb = document.getEle...

Tax in inventory valuation
Can we have the “Canadian Tax Solution” upgrade Inventory as well? Ie we can add PST on a PO that will travel with the cost of the goods (either expense or inventory GL Account), but it only posts to the inventory GL Account and does not update the cost of the inventory goods in the inventory subledger. Still leaves a big work around. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

can I track IRA contributions?
I have several mutual fund accounts set up as retirement accounts, and periodically buy shares in them as a monthly IRA contribution from my checking account. Is there any way I can get a report at the end of the year of all my IRA contributions for the previous year? You would think that by running Reports->Taxes->Tax Related Transactions that they would show up, but no such luck. The category of each transaction in my checking account is Buy Investment/CD which generates an activity of "Buy" in the investment transactions of the mutual fund account. I'm still on ...

Outlook
Hi, We have a public folder - Orders - that our sales people forward orders to and they are picked up by accounts. Works great only some orders get processed twice or some don't get processed at all!! I am wondering if there is a way to automatically move a message to a subfolder, called Processed, when they are read? I know Move to Folder is easy enough, but anything we can automate would be great. Many Thanks. you'd need to use a script or VBA. Outlook doesn't have anything built in. I use Auto-mate to move messages later but I don't know if it works on public folders. ...

tracking total portfolio value
How do you track the total value of a portfolio or investment account over time, on a daily basis? I want to be able to get a line chart of my portfolio value. I have dug through all of the reports and tried to create custom ones, but all I have been able to get is a line chart of monthly values, not daily. I know that the daily total is stored, because on the investing home page it shows the total value for 30 days ago. For instance, today it is showing the value for 7/28/07. ...

Sending Doc with Track Changes
How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final, with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible. Kimberly That depends entirely on the settings of the receiving computer. But unless you've changed something way down in the Trust Center, you'll see the same behavior on your own computer -- when you open a file that was last saved as Final, it will open as Final Showing Markup. On Jan 13, 3:57=A0pm, olliesf <olli...@discussions.microsoft.com&...

All calendar items off by 2 hrs
I just put a new hard drive in my PC, reloaded Win 98 2nd edition, Office/ Outlook 2000, and restored my Outlook file. I had set up a large number of appointments in my calendar prior to backing up Outlook & putting in the new drive. After I restored my Outlook settings, all of my appointments, contacts, etc. were still there...but for some reason, all of my appointments are now off by exactly two hours! I have checked my PC system clock, and everything is set up properly. Is there an easy way to advance all of my appointments by two hours without doing it manually? Why might this hav...

tracking
how do I track other users info on my comp as the administrator? ...