tracking failed logon attempts

we occasionally have issues where someone tries to login with someone elses
cashier ID.  i put together a way of tracking which workstation the logon
attempt was made from, and when it was made, and thought i would share it
with whomever would like to see it.  first i created a new table:

CREATE TABLE [c_CaptureFailedLogons] (
[ID] [int] IDENTITY (1,1) NOT NULL,
[CashierID] [int] NOT NULL,
[ClientComputerName] nvarchar(30) NOT NULL,
[Comments] nvarchar(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT (''),
[Time] [datetime] NOT NULL,
[DBTimeStamp] [timestamp] NULL )

then i created an UPDATE trigger on the Cashier table:

CREATE TRIGGER tr_LoginAttempt
ON Cashier
FOR UPDATE
AS
IF @@ROWCOUNT = 0
RETURN

IF  (SELECT FailedLogonAttempts FROM INSERTED) > 0
BEGIN
    DECLARE @Cashier INT
    SELECT @Cashier = Number FROM INSERTED

    INSERT INTO c_CaptureFailedLogons (CashierID, ClientComputerName, Time)
    VALUES (@Cashier, Host_Name(), GetDate())
END

it inserts a new record into the new table, whenever there is a change to
one of the records in the cashier table but only when the change to the table
changes the FailedLogonAttempts column value to something other than zero.

kevin
0
kskinner (27)
1/31/2006 6:17:28 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Passport Login fails #2
Anybody have any experience with passport not authenticating in Money 2004? I get the following error: The sign-in attempt for {my passport id} was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again. My MSN Messenger 6.1 and my Pocket PC Messenger both login in fine from the same machine the Money is installed on. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Methinks Money is not using a "normal" Passport login. Money simply refuses to log in via Passport through my firewall (Microsoft ISA), but is fine outside the firewall, even through ZoneAlarm. I have used ...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

PrintDlg function failing with PD_RETURNDEFAULT
Hi, I am calling PrintDlg function with PD_RETURNDEFAULT flag set. ( I dont want the Printer Dialog Box to be seen) It fails. I have set the hDevNames and hDevMode to be NULL before calling the function PrinTDlg. For getting the error code I had called CommDlgExtendedError(). The error code returned was PDERR_NODEFAULTPRN. Error code implies that the default printer not found.But the default printer is configured for my machine. still why does it throw this error. Had tried PrintDlgEx function. Even that failed with the same error code PDERR_NODEFAULTPRN. Can anyone help me with this. TIA ...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

bottom line in word document fails to print regardless of margins
whenever i print a word document the last line does not print....no matter what the margins are, whatever I select whatever I do...it does not print...can anyone help Some inkjet printers will print only to a certain point. You can also check to see if you have the right paper for the software settings (Letter size, Letter paper - or A4 size, A4 paper, etc). "jerry" wrote: > whenever i print a word document the last line does not print....no matter > what the margins are, whatever I select whatever I do...it does not > print...can anyone help Try goin...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

repost-.Net XmlValidatingReader should fail on complextypes with whitespace?
Reposting due to lack of response - I believe the .Net XmlValidatingReader should fail when validating XML that contains a ComplexType element with white space when the ComplexType element has the mixed attribute set to false in the XSD used for validation. XSD fragment: <xs:element name="TRSellerBuyerData"> <xs:complexType mixed="false"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element ref="BuyerSellerReferrorFlag" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType>...

can I track IRA contributions?
I have several mutual fund accounts set up as retirement accounts, and periodically buy shares in them as a monthly IRA contribution from my checking account. Is there any way I can get a report at the end of the year of all my IRA contributions for the previous year? You would think that by running Reports->Taxes->Tax Related Transactions that they would show up, but no such luck. The category of each transaction in my checking account is Buy Investment/CD which generates an activity of "Buy" in the investment transactions of the mutual fund account. I'm still on ...

tracking total portfolio value
How do you track the total value of a portfolio or investment account over time, on a daily basis? I want to be able to get a line chart of my portfolio value. I have dug through all of the reports and tried to create custom ones, but all I have been able to get is a line chart of monthly values, not daily. I know that the daily total is stored, because on the investing home page it shows the total value for 30 days ago. For instance, today it is showing the value for 7/28/07. ...

Consumption tracking?
Hello, is there any tool in MS Money to track home consumption of electricity, water, gas etc.? Nope. One way you can fake it is to enter the values in a predictable way in the memo fields (Utilities : Electricity category entries with memo like, say, "876 kWh") and then get the data from Excel with MoneyLink and then parse out the data you entered previously in the memo fields. Ugly, I agree. "Radomir Kurecka" <RadomirKurecka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78FC2CE9-D1D4-4F75-9410-9BACBFE74AF1@microsoft.com... > is there any tool in MS Mon...

tracking
how do I track other users info on my comp as the administrator? ...

Sending Doc with Track Changes
How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final, with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible. Kimberly That depends entirely on the settings of the receiving computer. But unless you've changed something way down in the Trust Center, you'll see the same behavior on your own computer -- when you open a file that was last saved as Final, it will open as Final Showing Markup. On Jan 13, 3:57=A0pm, olliesf <olli...@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Track changes #3
Hello All I am using Windows 2K Professional & Office97. I have a macro in an access mdb that outputs various files in excel format. Is it possible either: to use access VBA instead of the access macro to specify that the excel 'Track Changes' option is automatically set to 'True'; or to specify elsewhere that all new excel files to have the 'Track Changes' option automatically set to 'True' In either case, the sub-options 'When' should be set to All, 'Who' set to Everyone, and 'Where' should be left blank (i.e. applies to the who...

where can i get the Template Wizard with Data Tracking add in for.
i previously used exel 97 where i had a Template Wizard with Data Tracking add in that i used for keeping track of invoices. i am now using exel 2003 and i cannot find the add in nor can i figure out how to set up the data tracking for my new invoice template. can anyone tell me where i can find the add in or if there is a different feature of exel 2003 that will allow me to do the same thing? This link should help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873209 -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Grou...

To track or not to Track email
Hi everyone, We're just starting the move from Goldmine 6.5 into CRM 3.0. I've been looking through the group for "best practice" ideas and have a couple of questions re: email. We're intending to use CRM through Outlook (online). We've given up trying to get Outlook 2007 to work and have regressed to Outlook 2003. I'm trying to determine whether we should track or not track email using CRM's token system. All our mail - barring the limited spam - that arrives is work-based. However, using Outlook I know that some staff (e.g. sales) will be checking their pe...

SQL 2008 maintenance jobs randomly failing
Hello all, this is a repeat post. I originally posted about this on 11/10/2009 and though I was a hoping for the advertised 2 day MSDN response it's been almost 2 months, in fact it's even a new year (Happy new year!). If I'm posting in the wrong place or manner please let me know. Here it goes again.... I’m hoping someone here can shed some light on an issue I’m experiencing with SQL 2008. The short version of it is that my maintenance plans are intermittently failing. When I examine the SQL agent logs, the failing entries all contain the line: “Description: T...

Exchange Issue: Failed Emails
Greetings, I have an exchange (6.5) server running that pulls in some email from other mail servers via POP3 and delivers them to users. I have x-amount of failed emails in failed email folder under the troubleshooting tab of the pop3 connector manager. My question is this, how can I see those emails and route to individual users. Thanks in advance. Friendly Indian Is 6.5 the same as Exchange 2003? Or did you mean 5.5? In any case, POP3 connectors are either part of SBS or from a third party. If yours is the SBS one, I suggest you post your query to the SBS newsgroup. If it&...

Case ID v/s Email tracking token
CRMers, When you create a case for a support email, by default the generated case id is of the form CAS-number-suffix. When a support person replies to the email, the CRM system automatically adds an email tracking token to the subject line. This email tracking token is not the same as the case id. Questions: 1. Why can't the email tracking token be the same as the case id? Won't it make sense to use case id to track emails for a given support case? 2. Even if they are different, how can I disable automatic placement of tracking token on the subject line? We do not wish to confuse th...