With our current POS system we can place items on order for a
particular customer (whether we are holding the stock or not) and when
we generate purchase orders the system automatically pops up letting us
know we have pending orders for customers. We can then generate a
purchase order based on this information. When we receive the stock, we
can print out a report for that order that lists what stock needs to be
allocated to which customers.

Is there a way with RMS that we can do this? Unfortunately it is a
regular occurance that our stock levels can be incorrect, for instance
we may have a 0 quantity for an item where POS might be telling us
we're holding 2, so we still need to be able to generate orders for
customers regardless of our stock quantity (therefore the backorder
system isn't reliable for us to use).

Thanks in advance.

0
amy_w_83 (1)
11/8/2005 6:06:49 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We have an Allocation Manager that handles this.  Contact me by email with
your details and I will have someone contact you.

Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk]
CEO - Retail Realm
--
URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk

"Amy" wrote:

> With our current POS system we can place items on order for a
> particular customer (whether we are holding the stock or not) and when
> we generate purchase orders the system automatically pops up letting us
> know we have pending orders for customers. We can then generate a
> purchase order based on this information. When we receive the stock, we
> can print out a report for that order that lists what stock needs to be
> allocated to which customers.
>
> Is there a way with RMS that we can do this? Unfortunately it is a
> regular occurance that our stock levels can be incorrect, for instance
> we may have a 0 quantity for an item where POS might be telling us
> we're holding 2, so we still need to be able to generate orders for
> customers regardless of our stock quantity (therefore the backorder
> system isn't reliable for us to use).
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
afshin (783)
11/8/2005 6:48:20 PM
This product is very buggy, clunky, hard to use and the reports don't work
properly . This program is overall not very well designed.
I just setup SOTracker a couple of weeks ago from DRS and it works great,
with one click of the mouse I can see all the orders that I received today
and give them a call.

"Afshin Alikhani" <afshin@retailrealm.co.uk> wrote in message
> We have an Allocation Manager that handles this.  Contact me by email with
> your details and I will have someone contact you.
>
> Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk]
> CEO - Retail Realm
> --
> URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk
>

> "Amy" wrote:
>
>> With our current POS system we can place items on order for a
>> particular customer (whether we are holding the stock or not) and when
>> we generate purchase orders the system automatically pops up letting us
>> know we have pending orders for customers. We can then generate a
>> purchase order based on this information. When we receive the stock, we
>> can print out a report for that order that lists what stock needs to be
>> allocated to which customers.
>>
>> Is there a way with RMS that we can do this? Unfortunately it is a
>> regular occurance that our stock levels can be incorrect, for instance
>> we may have a 0 quantity for an item where POS might be telling us
>> we're holding 2, so we still need to be able to generate orders for
>> customers regardless of our stock quantity (therefore the backorder
>> system isn't reliable for us to use).
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Old stock Check Printing
I just upgraded to a new computer with XP, the old one was windows98. I reinstalled money and restored my backup file and everything works but check printing on my existing stock of pinfeed checks. How can I move the date field about 1/4 inch to the left? All the other fields are OK. Everything used to line up perfect. Hmmm. I'm not aware the layout has EVER changed. Maybe you have a printer driver issue? Have you messed with the alignment settings? "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f5601c44b5b$bf0d17f0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > I ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Customer Card and Collections
Customer: We are using Collection Management and Query Builder. I believe that when collection management letters are printed, the customer "notes" is updated to reflect that the letter was sent out. I have a query in which I want to identify a range of customers that are greater than 120 days. I don't want to create letters to the customers but I want to capture a summary of the customers that meet this criteria. I believe I can do this from the Collection Management Report (Aging Amount with Notes). However, I also want the customer card to be updated to reflect that the...

Problem dynamically creating Custom Controls
I want to create a custom control dynamically that displays a row with 4 controls for 0 to N number of drawings that I will only know only at runtime. My problem is that in the Parent Dialog the create function always returns 0 and then never displays. Per MSDN I expect a Return Value = Nonzero if successful; otherwise 0. Hence, I am failing every time. Note, I am ably to display my custom control properly if I place it at design time, but that will not work. Relevant Code Parent Dialog BOOL ReviewDialog::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); BOOL bcreate; bcreate = m_testRow.Cre...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

CRM list webpart customization
Hi, I have a requirement to create a MOSS dashboard for CRM and display CRM data in the dashboard. I am using CRM list web part for the purpose. However, I am unable to set the number of records to be displayes in the list. Also I need to connect two list web parts, of which the second one filters its data based on the record selected in the first one. Pls let me know how can I achieve these. Thanks, Mahalax. Hi Mahalax, If you are interested we can discuss about custom dash board solutions. Please let me know your thoughts. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Mahalax"...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

global customers not at all stores
I have an HQ customer with 4 stores. They are on RMS 2.0.0109. There are some global customers created previously that are missing at some stores. Global customers are enabled at all stores and new customers default as global as well. My question - Is there a way to sync up the global customers? Can I just run a SYNCHRONIZATION WORKSHEET for all stores after hours. It appears HQ has all the customers but some stores do not. Any suggestions. Thanks hi, use the wokrsheet 401 (Requst Data Upload) to transfer the Global customer information form HQ to Stores. "stan@retailtech.net...

PO Receive should let me change price before commit
When receiving a PO and changing the price using 'New Price' column and receiving some or all items and then printing labels the old price is printed on the labels. I do not want to 'Commit' first because I need to use 'Issued/Received on this order' bullet in label printing because I may have received on this order before and may be receiving more in the future.Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

crm customization 10-15-04
hi, i´ve problems when i change fields in for example account view using the settings area in the application. when i do this and then save the settings and then access to the application the new fields doesnt apply. after do this i restard the IIS. Is necesary to do more? thanks. if i only have one server, is necesary to publish the customization? when i try to publish i have this problem when start download xsl templates: "publish completed with errors. please see event log for details. error, failed to download XSL template files from web server" thanks "jose m...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

Unable to view Customizations in MSCRM 3.0 while working with IE 7
I have done the customizations on the quote entity.It works fine when i use MSCRM with IE 6.0.But when i logon to MSCRM using IE 7.0,am able to see the customizations but the the calculation part for the amount is not getting reflected.can any one help me in the subject. Thanks shashank ...

Event ID: 7519
Is somebody trying to hide their IP address? Do I need to worry about this? Event ID: 7519 Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: SMTP Protocol The originating IP address of message with ID <emailaddress> could not be determined based on its Received headers. On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:04:36 -0500, "Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote: >Is somebody trying to hide their IP address? Do I need to worry about this? > >Event ID: 7519 >Source: MSExchangeTransport >Category: SMTP Protocol > >The originating IP address of message with ID <emailaddress&g...

Custom code question
Hello everybody! How could access one object (already instanced) from my application in Custom Code from a Local Report ? i.e.: I call the report from a windows form. I have an object X of type X in the form. I want to access this object X (just that instance) from the Custom Code in the local report without creating a new instance of type X for the report. Thanks Any response ? "Gina Sol�s" <gisol27@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:%23xScOkAeKHA.5228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello everybody! > > How could access one obj...

Disappearing Field Values on Custom Form
I have a problem with the retention of user defined fields as a message progresses among users. First the short version of my problem, in case such is enough for someone to offer advice. An employee can use a custom form stored in the Organizational Forms library to request vacation time. The employee sends this to a special mailbox to which his/her supervisor has access. The supervisor opens up the message, clicks either an Approved or Disapproved check box, and then clicks Reply and Send. At each stage code behind the form changes some visible fields and checks consistency of user en...

Customer reference site and volumn of transactions
We are working on a MRMS proposal for one of the prospects who is in IT ,Electric Appliance/ Computer parts reseller and has 20 stores (60-70 POS) all over Thailand with the plan to expand to 30 stores (90 POS) within this year. They question on scalability and stability of MRMS and want to know who is/are the biggest customers in terms of number of stores, volumn of transactions, etc. Please help us provide some names and information such as number of stores or POS lanes. If you have some benchmark testing that could provide to us, that would be helpful as well. Thank you, ...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

Qty on hand not reducing when submitting order
Hi, we have CRM 3.0 and GP 9 with the CRM Connector for Dynamics GP installed. When we create orders in CRM and then submit the order, the qty on hand for the products is not reducing. It only seems to reduce once the Order is changed to an Invoice in Great Plains. In our old version 1.2 w/ GP 7.5, this was not the case. The qty on hand was reduced as soon as the order was submitted. Does anyone know if this is by design or if there is some place to change those settings? Thanks. - Jeff ...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Can't receive emails?
I have switched all infor from Outlook Express to Office 2003. I can send mail but I can't receive email in Office 2003. I have went to FILE-EXPORT in OE. Please help -- dagnag Are you still using OE? If so, and you have a POP3 account, you could be downloading mail in OE and removing it from the server. This would make it impossible to re-download it in Outlook. -- Patricia DiGiacomo Outlook MVP Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 www.cardozasolutions.com "dagnag" <dagnag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3073F505-11DF-49C...

can I track IRA contributions?
I have several mutual fund accounts set up as retirement accounts, and periodically buy shares in them as a monthly IRA contribution from my checking account. Is there any way I can get a report at the end of the year of all my IRA contributions for the previous year? You would think that by running Reports->Taxes->Tax Related Transactions that they would show up, but no such luck. The category of each transaction in my checking account is Buy Investment/CD which generates an activity of "Buy" in the investment transactions of the mutual fund account. I'm still on ...