Track RMS batches by cashier (between login/logout) not by Regstr

RMS should track cashier batches by cashier.  Currently, batches are tracked
by register.

If a cashier moves from Register 1 to Register 2, she has two batches that
need to be counted.  This is ridiculous.

Both IBM and NCR do it the better way.  If a cashier moves to a different
register, the totals follow her until she prints a Z report.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cf8743ac-db7c-4c7a-bc73-23b31cae5658&dg=microsoft.public.pos
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I guess I have a question about this one.  Does she take the money with her
too?

"daytraitors" <daytraitors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> RMS should track cashier batches by cashier.  Currently, batches are
> tracked
> by register.
>
> If a cashier moves from Register 1 to Register 2, she has two batches that
> need to be counted.  This is ridiculous.
>
> Both IBM and NCR do it the better way.  If a cashier moves to a different
> register, the totals follow her until she prints a Z report.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cf8743ac-db7c-4c7a-bc73-23b31cae5658&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
anonymous (74717)
5/13/2006 11:11:36 PM
Hi David, we have a Floating Cashier module that keeps the same batch open
when the cashier moves from one register to another.

Ken Kosnik
Computer Analytics Corporation
kkosnik at cacorp dot com

"daytraitors" <daytraitors@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> RMS should track cashier batches by cashier.  Currently, batches are
> tracked
> by register.
>
> If a cashier moves from Register 1 to Register 2, she has two batches that
> need to be counted.  This is ridiculous.
>
> Both IBM and NCR do it the better way.  If a cashier moves to a different
> register, the totals follow her until she prints a Z report.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cf8743ac-db7c-4c7a-bc73-23b31cae5658&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
kkosnik (22)

Report for AR batches in work
I found a AR batch stuck in work and was able to post it this morning. I’m concerned that other batches may too have been moved to work. Is there a report that can be run to make sure there aren’t any batches in WORK? Thanks Riz, The best place to visualize whether there are any batches left to post or not is under the Series Post window (Transactions > Sales > Series Post). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Riz" wrote: > I found a AR batch stuck in work and was able to post it this ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

CRM Email Router problem
When I run the CRM Email router on our SBS 2003 R2 server the following error occurs immediately without delay: Incoming Status: Failure - The remote server returned an error: (440) Login Timeout. Heres the error fro mthe event viewer: #26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox support@domain.com. System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (440) Login Timeout. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.HttpDavRequest.SubmitXmlCommand(HttpWebRequest httpWebRequest, String body) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Provide...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Can I install RMS Store Ops on Small Biz Server 2003 ?
I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server. I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports and accept some store transfers. Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box? Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box? Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue. Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a performance disaster. If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK. BEWARE: According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or Sto...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

RMS POS crashing just before receipt prints
I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS 2.0 SP3. they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the Database>Registers>Properties window. when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes before the receipt prints. It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range. The strange thing is, when I go to [ctrl+shift+F5] Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK. I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing seems to be working. Anyone have an idea...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

can I track IRA contributions?
I have several mutual fund accounts set up as retirement accounts, and periodically buy shares in them as a monthly IRA contribution from my checking account. Is there any way I can get a report at the end of the year of all my IRA contributions for the previous year? You would think that by running Reports->Taxes->Tax Related Transactions that they would show up, but no such luck. The category of each transaction in my checking account is Buy Investment/CD which generates an activity of "Buy" in the investment transactions of the mutual fund account. I'm still on ...

Impersonation Context Login Failure
I'm trying to get my offline database functional and came up with an error that doesn't get any hits on the 'net. I have created a DB called "offline" from the rmsdb.bck file. I then made sure that Admin had the IP of the store DB and gave it the info for the offline DB. They both test fine for connectivity. Then I Z-out and restart POS for good measure. When I pull the network cable the connections to the database drops and POS closes. I then restart POS and log in... it's a little slow but no problems accessing the offline database. I can ring up items ...

Consumption tracking?
Hello, is there any tool in MS Money to track home consumption of electricity, water, gas etc.? Nope. One way you can fake it is to enter the values in a predictable way in the memo fields (Utilities : Electricity category entries with memo like, say, "876 kWh") and then get the data from Excel with MoneyLink and then parse out the data you entered previously in the memo fields. Ugly, I agree. "Radomir Kurecka" <RadomirKurecka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78FC2CE9-D1D4-4F75-9410-9BACBFE74AF1@microsoft.com... > is there any tool in MS Mon...

tracking
how do I track other users info on my comp as the administrator? ...

Sending Doc with Track Changes
How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final, with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible. Kimberly That depends entirely on the settings of the receiving computer. But unless you've changed something way down in the Trust Center, you'll see the same behavior on your own computer -- when you open a file that was last saved as Final, it will open as Final Showing Markup. On Jan 13, 3:57=A0pm, olliesf <olli...@discussions.microsoft.com&...

WEPOS and RMS SO
Have you all seen the Store Systems Study 2006 @ http://www.edgellcommunications.com/main/download.php?_id=88 WEPOS is what retailers want at the POS! And RMS is what they want to put on that box... so please... VOTE FOR RMS SO on WEPOS !!! Microsoft ROCKS!!! Marc Wagner www.gmroii.net ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-...

tracking total portfolio value
How do you track the total value of a portfolio or investment account over time, on a daily basis? I want to be able to get a line chart of my portfolio value. I have dug through all of the reports and tried to create custom ones, but all I have been able to get is a line chart of monthly values, not daily. I know that the daily total is stored, because on the investing home page it shows the total value for 30 days ago. For instance, today it is showing the value for 7/28/07. ...

Track changes #3
Hello All I am using Windows 2K Professional & Office97. I have a macro in an access mdb that outputs various files in excel format. Is it possible either: to use access VBA instead of the access macro to specify that the excel 'Track Changes' option is automatically set to 'True'; or to specify elsewhere that all new excel files to have the 'Track Changes' option automatically set to 'True' In either case, the sub-options 'When' should be set to All, 'Who' set to Everyone, and 'Where' should be left blank (i.e. applies to the who...

where can i get the Template Wizard with Data Tracking add in for.
i previously used exel 97 where i had a Template Wizard with Data Tracking add in that i used for keeping track of invoices. i am now using exel 2003 and i cannot find the add in nor can i figure out how to set up the data tracking for my new invoice template. can anyone tell me where i can find the add in or if there is a different feature of exel 2003 that will allow me to do the same thing? This link should help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;873209 -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Grou...

To track or not to Track email
Hi everyone, We're just starting the move from Goldmine 6.5 into CRM 3.0. I've been looking through the group for "best practice" ideas and have a couple of questions re: email. We're intending to use CRM through Outlook (online). We've given up trying to get Outlook 2007 to work and have regressed to Outlook 2003. I'm trying to determine whether we should track or not track email using CRM's token system. All our mail - barring the limited spam - that arrives is work-based. However, using Outlook I know that some staff (e.g. sales) will be checking their pe...

Case ID v/s Email tracking token
CRMers, When you create a case for a support email, by default the generated case id is of the form CAS-number-suffix. When a support person replies to the email, the CRM system automatically adds an email tracking token to the subject line. This email tracking token is not the same as the case id. Questions: 1. Why can't the email tracking token be the same as the case id? Won't it make sense to use case id to track emails for a given support case? 2. Even if they are different, how can I disable automatic placement of tracking token on the subject line? We do not wish to confuse th...