Time Card Report #2

Does anyone know if there is a more user friendly template for Time Card 
report ?  We pay employees every 2 weeks and whenever I run a 2 week report, 
it only shows one date and below this date it sums up 2 dates of cumulative 
time worked instead of showing the isolated 2 dates.  In other words, under a 
Monday 5/1, it will show 15 hours which actually means that the person worked 
cumulatively 15 hours on Monday 5/1 AND Monday 5/8... but Time Card report 
doesn't show the 5/8 separately which is quite confusing and invonvenient.  
Any help would be highly appreciated!

0
Zorian1 (84)
5/14/2006 11:50:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
704 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 32

Here is an additional question.  If we would like to print a daily hour log 
between two specific dates, is there a way to do that in Time Card report?  
It seems that currently the only possible way to do that is by "Week Starting 
Date" and then you have to carefully find the date of the Sunday that begins 
the week in order for the thing to work in the first place.  This is very 
inflexible...unless I am totally missing something,  I hope that Microsoft 
fixes this essential functionality in RMS and builds a more simple and 
flexible Time Report which allows users to dislpay daily hours between any 
two dates instead of ONLY seeing it by week starting or ending dates.   
Please tell me if there is something else I should do to make this work...
0
Zorian1 (84)
5/15/2006 12:34:02 AM
Try Jean Holland's site has a good time report.
http://jeanholland.com

" 


0
Rick5747 (287)
5/15/2006 2:25:11 PM
Hi Elizabeth, I did not see an attachment...was there an attachment in this 
message of the report you mentioned or do you have suggestions on how to make 
such a report?  Or should I be using an Outlook browser (instead of IE) to 
see the attachment?


Many Thanks!



"Elizabeth" wrote:

> We made a time card report that runs through MS Access but targets the RMS 
> database for hours.  You enter then beginning dates and it lists the daily 
> hours for each employee who has worked during that time frame.
> 
> Once you save the attachment make sure to re-point it to your database for 
> RMS.
> 
> -- 
> Elizabeth M.
> "rick" <rick@alliedpos.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23tkrhtCeGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Try Jean Holland's site has a good time report.
> > http://jeanholland.com
> >
> > "
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Zorian1 (84)
5/15/2006 7:40:02 PM
I know the attachment can be seen in Outlook.  I'm not sure if they come 
through in the IE newsreader.

-- 
Elizabeth M.
"Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:08C82EA0-AFA7-47AE-AAAF-B7A15B13820A@microsoft.com...
> Hi Elizabeth, I did not see an attachment...was there an attachment in 
> this
> message of the report you mentioned or do you have suggestions on how to 
> make
> such a report?  Or should I be using an Outlook browser (instead of IE) to
> see the attachment?
>
>
> Many Thanks!
>
>
>
> "Elizabeth" wrote:
>
>> We made a time card report that runs through MS Access but targets the 
>> RMS
>> database for hours.  You enter then beginning dates and it lists the 
>> daily
>> hours for each employee who has worked during that time frame.
>>
>> Once you save the attachment make sure to re-point it to your database 
>> for
>> RMS.
>>
>> -- 
>> Elizabeth M.
>> "rick" <rick@alliedpos.com> wrote in message
>> news:%23tkrhtCeGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> > Try Jean Holland's site has a good time report.
>> > http://jeanholland.com
>> >
>> > "
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
anonymous (74717)
5/15/2006 10:21:46 PM
Zorian,
You have to be using Outlook to see the attached files.
Elizabeth,
Will the report work within RMS, or do you have to have Access?
Craig
"Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:%23rB922GeGHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I know the attachment can be seen in Outlook.  I'm not sure if they come 
>through in the IE newsreader.
>
> -- 
> Elizabeth M.
> "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:08C82EA0-AFA7-47AE-AAAF-B7A15B13820A@microsoft.com...
>> Hi Elizabeth, I did not see an attachment...was there an attachment in 
>> this
>> message of the report you mentioned or do you have suggestions on how to 
>> make
>> such a report?  Or should I be using an Outlook browser (instead of IE) 
>> to
>> see the attachment?
>>
>>
>> Many Thanks!
>>
>>
>>
>> "Elizabeth" wrote:
>>
>>> We made a time card report that runs through MS Access but targets the 
>>> RMS
>>> database for hours.  You enter then beginning dates and it lists the 
>>> daily
>>> hours for each employee who has worked during that time frame.
>>>
>>> Once you save the attachment make sure to re-point it to your database 
>>> for
>>> RMS.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Elizabeth M.
>>> "rick" <rick@alliedpos.com> wrote in message
>>> news:%23tkrhtCeGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> > Try Jean Holland's site has a good time report.
>>> > http://jeanholland.com
>>> >
>>> > "
>>> >
>>> >
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
craig6967 (916)
5/15/2006 10:28:34 PM
It is through Access and points back to RMS database.  So I'm betting you 
must have Access.


-- 
Elizabeth M.
"Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message 
news:u7tYo7GeGHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Zorian,
> You have to be using Outlook to see the attached files.
> Elizabeth,
> Will the report work within RMS, or do you have to have Access?
> Craig
> "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23rB922GeGHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>I know the attachment can be seen in Outlook.  I'm not sure if they come 
>>through in the IE newsreader.
>>
>> -- 
>> Elizabeth M.
>> "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:08C82EA0-AFA7-47AE-AAAF-B7A15B13820A@microsoft.com...
>>> Hi Elizabeth, I did not see an attachment...was there an attachment in 
>>> this
>>> message of the report you mentioned or do you have suggestions on how to 
>>> make
>>> such a report?  Or should I be using an Outlook browser (instead of IE) 
>>> to
>>> see the attachment?
>>>
>>>
>>> Many Thanks!
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "Elizabeth" wrote:
>>>
>>>> We made a time card report that runs through MS Access but targets the 
>>>> RMS
>>>> database for hours.  You enter then beginning dates and it lists the 
>>>> daily
>>>> hours for each employee who has worked during that time frame.
>>>>
>>>> Once you save the attachment make sure to re-point it to your database 
>>>> for
>>>> RMS.
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Elizabeth M.
>>>> "rick" <rick@alliedpos.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:%23tkrhtCeGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> > Try Jean Holland's site has a good time report.
>>>> > http://jeanholland.com
>>>> >
>>>> > "
>>>> >
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
anonymous (74717)
5/16/2006 2:19:45 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Multiple Field Entries in Report
Hey, Hopefully this isn't too stupid a query, but I'm trying to make a database to study for anatomy. Now one of the things this involves is muscle attachments and actions. Obviously I have the fields of Muscle and Action for example, but many muscles have more than one action. However, if I enter more than one action in the cell, only the first will be displayed on the report, leaving me with incomplete data. The only way around this that I have found is to enter the muscle numerous times, but this will become VERY arduous. I'm sorry for rambling about muscles, and if what I...

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

User logon name: President #2
I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is President, but his Alias is f.e. AAA (email AAA.BBB@domena). Almost everything is working (OMA, OWA, exchange mail access), but when I'm trying to connect from Outlook 2003 using POP3 is saying that pop3 doesn't accept user name or password - President as well as AAA (alias). In other accounts this is working good. Is maybe President prohibited user name? Regards Filip ...

New Computer #2
I just bought a new computer and have the downloaded version of Money 2005. How can I transfer the program to my new computer? Thanks Transfer **the program**? By re-downloading it. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=159. Note that they've moved the download to http://www.microsoft.com/money/special/ThankYou.mspx and you will have to use the Passport you originally used to buy M05 online. Next time, buy the CD. Microsoft is using the "online download" thing to cull older versions by making sure that people can't keep reusing older version CDs on computer after com...

Send/Receive continues 1000s of times
When Outlook does its regular send/receive it ends up sending and receiving thousands of times. The task pane shows an ever increasing number of tasks that it says have been completed successfully. When all it actually is doing is rechecking the mail accounts I have, over and over again. Literally thousands of times. This interferes with anything that I want to do in Outlook while this is going on. It seems to have started after I downloaded either the latest version of itunes or the latest version of Adobe (or some other application like that). Help! And thanks. Per Roady - MVP, th...

One time code
In either an SDI or MDI application, if I want to include some functionality ( such as serial port configuration and control thread) that can only be run once per application instance, where should that code go? I looked at the App class but it doesn't handle user messages ( at least by default ). Should the main code and worker thread go in the MainFrm class in the OnCreate function? Help? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- If it has to do with the "wi...

Graphic Reports for RMS
Hello, I need to know if there is a Graphic Reporting Tool for RMS. Thanks, Irene Yes There is Crystal Report which works easily with RMS and you can develop all your require reports with them. "Irene Prieto" wrote: > Hello, I need to know if there is a Graphic Reporting Tool for RMS. > > Thanks, > Irene > > > We have Retail Realm Special Report that includes the MS reports with graphics as well as other custom reports. Contact me for more detail. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk CEO - Retail Realm www.retailrealm.co.uk = = = = = = = =...

cpu time
Hi, Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in my application take the most cpu time? Thanks! In article <u$YZa3o9EHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dbg@012.net.il says... > Hi, > Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in > my application take the most cpu time? VS 6 includes a perfectly good profiler, which does exactly this. If you're working inside the environment, go to the link tab in the project settings, and click the "enable profiling" check box, then do a 'rebuild all' to gene...

Time Out a MsgBox
I have a file that runs a macro when it is open. This file may be opened manually or automatically by a macro from another file. If the file is opened manually I would like a MsgBox to prompt the user to end the macro before it gets into the body of the code. If the file is opened automatically I would like the MsgBox to automatically respond after a time delay to allow the macro to continue running the bulk of the code. Is there anyway to force a response to a MsgBox after a preset amount of time with no response from the user? Hi, How about this instead which closes...

Money 2007 Reports.
In Performance by investment type reports, the last two columns are "% Rate of Return" and "Annual % Return". Do you know how are these indicators calculated? ...

Calculating time and pay in excel
Hi, i'm trying to make a spreadsheet that can calculate pay per minute depending on an average length of time worked. Its driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated! Coloumn A is length of time, at the bottom is a total time, next to that is an average length of time worked and this is then multiplied by the amount appropriate for that average. What would be the best way to work all of this out accurately? Many thanks for any help you can give Mark -- wobbleman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wobbleman's Profile: http://www.e...

OE 6.0 #2
Does anyone out there now OE's error message, '0x800cccf0'? I have had to reintall my operating system. I want to use OE to retrieve my hotmail messages and I and I am having trouble setting up the Outlook account. The error message, 0x800cccf0, is something I know nothing about. Can someone out there help walk me through this? I have asked for support from MSN but they cannot clear up the issue. Thomas Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the ...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Am I behind the times?
I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working just fine. So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, s...

test post #2
-- jgt ...

How do I use same date parameters for different queries and report
I'm having the same problem as Gavelle described below. That is: I've followed the advice and set up a form to have my queries and reports pick the dates from the form. But the queries/reports are still asking me to enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/report. Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly. But when i try to run the query (or report based off the query) I only get a general parameter box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another for the end date. Everything in my query criteria is typed correc...

Hide Formula Results #2
Here I go again. LOL! I know this probably has a very simple solution and I am just not able to make myself clear on what it is I'm trying to accomplish. Think checkbook scenario. Okay, this is basically it. What I want is for it not to show the total all the way down if there have been no debits or credits posted on that row. A B C D E 1 2 Balance 1000.00 3 4 Desc Debit Credit Balance 5 2.00 998.00 6 5.00 1003.00 7 1003.00 8 1003.00 9 1003.00 10 1003.00 The Account balance is shown in cell E3, so...

Transferring freight more than one time on a sales order
We frequently have partial shipments of sales orders and we leave the sales order open until everything has shipped instead of creating backorders. The system will allow you to have several tracking numbers for each order but you can only transfer the freight once. I would like to make the suggestion to be able to transfer freight more than one time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Exchange Migration Wizard #2
I think the answer is yes and yes, but just want to clarify. Can I use the Exchange Migration Wizard to move mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server in one domain, Exchange Org to an Exchange 2003 server in a separate domain, Exchange Org? When I run it, it will create an appropriate AD account and move the mailbox? ...

Reports problem 07-11-07
I am having a problem with the Opportunity Pipeline report. When Open Opportunities are showing in the view, it does not matter which of the 3 options I select for the Pipeline report - I get a message that says 'No Data'. Anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks, -Rick M. Look in the Report Manager (http://yourcrmserver/Reports) and make sure that your data source is your CRM database. "Rick M" wrote: > I am having a problem with the Opportunity Pipeline report. When Open > Opportunities are showing in the view, it does not matter which of the 3 >...

HELP #2
I recently cleaned my hard drive to the bone and reinstalled everything on my Windows 98SE computer. Now when I run Publisher 2000, after about 15 seconds up pops a window that says, "There was a problem starting the Office Assistant. Would you like to try reinstalling it?" I have the stand alone version of Publisher 2000. I've tried the "Repair" option without success. Isn't the Ofc Asst the paper clip in Word? I have Word 97. Anyone know the fix? -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! OFF2000: &q...

Incorrect Time Stamps
Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts? -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org The time stamp can also be handled by the client. Which exact time field is being stamped wrong? Have you verified that the client has the correct time (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com... > Exchange seems to b...

Create address list based on the Group Membership of user
Hello ! In exchange 2003 was posiible to create an address list based on the Group Membership of user as article ID 321723 in KB Microsoft describes. We are trying to do the same on Exch 2007. How can we do this using Opath syntax ? What exactely is the command for the dynamic custom filtering? Thank you very much Paolo & Corrado memberOf Attribute can now be used in OPATH filters! http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/memberof-attribute-can-now-be-used-in.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------------...

Text Box #2
Besides some other strange problems with Publisher 2007, now whenever I use the text box, there's a round circle with 4 small lines sticking out of the circle. I can't delete the 'symbol' without deleting the whole text box! Used to work correctly before I had to re-install. Used to just have a clean empty text box. Now there's this round symbol in it. Help! Are you using the trial version? Do a detect and repair from the help menu. Can you do a print screen and send me the result? mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com...