This thread has been started to run jokes.

An oldy but a goodie:

1. There are 10 types of people in this world:
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

2. What is the definition of a shitzu?
 A zoo with no animals.

3. Where do you find a dog with no arms and no legs?
  Exactly where you left it.

4. A man walks into the doctors with a carrot up his nose, a potato mashed
into his left ear and peas jammed into his right. The examination is pretty
quick and at last the doctor says "I think I've located your problem...
you're not eating properly."

0
AB (54)
11/4/2005 5:42:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The seven dwarfs go to the Vatican, and because they are THE seven
dwarfs,they are ushered in to see the Pope. Dopey Leads the pack.
"Dopey, my son," says the Pope, "what can I do for you?"

Dopey asks, "Excuse me your Excellency, but are there any dwarf nuns in
Rome?"

The Pope wrinkles his brow at the odd question, thinks for a moment and
answers,"No, Dopey, there are no dwarf nuns in Rome."

In the background a few of the dwarfs start giggling. Dopey turns around
and gives them a glare, silencing them.

Dopey turns back, "Your Worship, are there any dwarf nuns in all of
Europe?"

The Pope, puzzled now, again thinks for a moment and then answers, "No,
Dopey, there are no dwarf nuns in Europe."

This time, all of the other dwarfs burst into laughter.  Once again,
Dopey turns around and silences them, with an angry glare.

Dopey turns back and says, "Mr. Pope! Are there ANY dwarf nuns anywhere in
the world?"

"I'm sorry, my son, there are no dwarf nuns anywhere in the world."

The other dwarfs collapse into a heap, rolling and laughing, pounding
the floor, tears rolling down their cheeks, as they begin chanting......

"Dopey screwed a penguin!"......
"Dopey screwed a penguin!"......

--
*
"AB" <AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
An oldy but a goodie:

1. There are 10 types of people in this world:
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

2. What is the definition of a shitzu?
 A zoo with no animals.

3. Where do you find a dog with no arms and no legs?
  Exactly where you left it.

4. A man walks into the doctors with a carrot up his nose, a potato mashed
into his left ear and peas jammed into his right. The examination is pretty
quick and at last the doctor says "I think I've located your problem...
you're not eating properly."

0
spam3944 (2163)

Problem with blocking of main thread with other thread
I have a problem with blocking of main thread: My application contains an interpreter and I need to write a debugger for it. The mainframe creates a thread that is interpreting instructions. When I need to break execution of instruction thread, I use WaitForSingleObject(m_WaitEventHandle, INFINITE); in the interpreter thread. Everything works fine until the window is opened from the interpreter. Then the mainframe freezes. When I break execution in VC the call stack for interpreter thread shows: � NTDLL! � KERNEL32! � CDebugManager::CheckBreakpoints() � CInterpreterThread::Run() � _Afx...

Starting a dialog box minimized
I would like my dialog-based application to start up with the dialog box minimized. One of the properties of the main window in a window-based application is to start minimized but that property isn't present for the dialog box. I've looked through the various messages but the only ones I see are ones that are sent to the window when it gets minimized - none to tell it to minimize. Ive tried placing "PostMessage(WM_SIZE, SIZE_MINIMIZED, 0);" in my "xxx::OnInitDialog()" function but that doesn't do it. How should this be done? Thanks, Ray Mitchell ...

List dlls currently running in VB Application
I'd like to see what's being used by my VB application. Anyway to show the various dlls, ActiveX that are being used. One thought was to Enumerate Process, and the maybe look for the parent, but not sure if this approach will even work. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks David "David" <NoWhere@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23mfJpH$NLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... : I'd like to see what's being used by my VB application. : : Anyway to show the various dlls, ActiveX that are being used. : : One thought was to Enumerate Proce...

Outlook 2003 "First Run" redo?
When you first launch Outlook under a new user's login, it prompts you for several options about "updating" or "converting" from a different e-mail client. I messed up while setting up a new machine and wanted to go back and have Outlook run those "wizards" again. But, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do it, short of completely deleting the user (and the attendant profile) and then recreating them. This would be a real hassle at this point because of the settings I've already done. Does anyone know what the "trigger" for tho...

Where is my thread?
I posted a question about "Search for a value in multi-dimensionla array" an hour ago; where did that go? On 5/17/2010 17:38, Rick wrote: > I posted a question about "Search for a value in multi-dimensionla array" an > hour ago; where did that go? If you mean the one beginning with "Seach", posted almost half an hour before this one, it is there. :) On 5/17/2010 11:51 AM, Jackie wrote: > On 5/17/2010 17:38, Rick wrote: >> I posted a question about "Search for a value in multi-dimensionla >> array" an >> hour ag...

How to close a batch (run Z report) if register is disabled
I was wondering.. since you can only Z-report from a register (not from Manager), how do you properly close a batch if, say, a register is disabled in the middle of a shift (power outage, etc)? thanks! -- RG Robert, Where is the Database? i.e. Is database locally on register? Is this a single lane store? If there is a power outage, the only way to close out the batch is to wait until the power comes back on. As I said before if your db is on another machine, you can go into Store Operations Administrator --> Configuration --> Database Tab on that machine and change the Regis...

stuck in "Starting balance discrepancy" during balancing
Somewhere along the line I did something that triggered Money 2003 Deluxe to tell me my checking account has a starting balance discrepancy. And if I let it make an automatic adjustment, it says it still has a discrepancy. I have a lot of data in the account, so I don't want to start over. I went back to the first bank statement I started with and used the initial balance as the starting balance for the properties, and then rechecked every transaction, and Money won't even let me balance this first statement without hitting the discrepancy message again. Any suggestions? ...

Simple Thread
I have created a thread in my MFC Dialog based application, in the thread function i want to have access to a user interface control that is attached to the main dialog. How can I do it? Regards, Mystique Mystique wrote: > I have created a thread in my MFC Dialog based application, in the thread > function i want to have access to a user interface control that is attached > to the main dialog. > How can I do it? > > Regards, > Mystique > > Indirectly, by posting a message to the main thread asking it to update the control. http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/mfc/12.ht...

Outlook will not start #2
I had aa copy of MS Office Professional 2000 on my computer, which came with the computer, so no roigianl disk. I got Office XP small Business Ed. I installed the new software with no problems, but when I try to start Outlook, I get the following message: "UNABLE TO OPEN DEFAULT E-MAIL FOLDERS THE .DLL FILE FOR THE INFORMATION SERVICE COULD NOT BE FOUND. MAPI WAS UNABLE TO LAD THE INFORMATION SERVICE PSTPRX.DLL. BE SURE THE SERVICE IS CORRECTLY INSTALLED AND CONFIGURED." Because of this problem, Outlook is completely useless. I have searched the dll sites for the pstpr...

Numbers starting in 0
I have a csv file that has PO numbers in it. Some of the PO numbers start with zero, which is required. When I open the file in Excel 2002, Excel drops the zero off thinking it is a number not text. How can I keep Excel from dropping the 0 off? Hi, Try changing the file extenstion to .txt When you import the file, set the column with the PO numbers to text >-----Original Message----- >I have a csv file that has PO numbers in it. Some of the PO numbers start >with zero, which is required. When I open the file in Excel 2002, Excel >drops the zero off thinking it is a n...

Inventory posting for new year before running year end?
Hello, What happens if we post inventory transactions for new year without performing year end for 2008? Thanks, MS When you close inventory for 2008, beginning quantities are updated. If you've posted 2009 transactions, they will be included in the 2008 beginning quantity. There are a handful of inventory reports that use the Beginning Qty field, such as the Inventory Turns report. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thanks Frank... Did you mean to say the posted transaction will be incu...

Running TZUPDATE on Resource Mailboxes
Had a thought - what if I were to log in to each resource mailbox in outlook and run the TZupdate tool to move meetings during the new DST rules. Would that send updates to all attendees for that appointment/resource? I was thinking it would be better/easier than going to each user mailbox. They would still have to run the TZUPDATE to move all appointments, but it might save the hassle and frustration of showing up for meetings at the wrong time or when a room is full of people already. Thoughts? Thank you On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 03:31:02 -0800, TheITDude <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft...

Aspnet_wp.exe could not be started
I have a problem with the web client of CRM 1.2 The outlook clients are running so the database connection is oke but ther e is somthing wrong with the web clients. edit the web.config in the root of the CRM (add validateRequest="false" )website did not work. verify that the ASPNET account has the correct user rights as follows: as in KB 811320 did not work Somebody seen this problem before? Reply or mail me marcemarc65@hotmail.com thanks in advance Hi, Does the event log give you any additional information (start -> run -> eventvwr)? Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlan...

Diaglog/Threading Data Exchange Question
Greetings, I have learned a lot from all of you, and I hope to over come my latest road block. I have a smal IRC Chat client I am making. I have a Dialog Box with Control and I use a worker thread for connecting to IRC - That Thread will update controls on the Dialog by sending PostMessages. Now my problem is in the ListBox Control that I have extended to do popup menu with various commands. I need to be able to read that controls methods from within the Thread. so I need to do this from within my IRC Socket thread: (code not exact - pseudo code) CListBoxEx myUsers; //Defined in my ...

Need Help with Busy Dialog Thread
my application would perform a task. I want to stop the user from using the application's GUI untill the the BG task is finished. At first using Modal Dlg did not do the trick as every one now (apart from me) the the CDialog::DoModal() function has to return some how. So, I made a bit of research on the net and found a trick to display the Dialog using CWinThread derived class without stoping the main app window for executing the background task as follows: (1) In your header file define a CWinThread-derived class... class CDialogThread : public CWinThread { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CDial...

Killing thread from outside thread in MFC App
Hi, Thanks to all those who offered advise on my last query. I successfully used the worker thread method to give control back to the dialog box whilst background processing was being carried out. The issue I have now is closing that thread externally. The method I've used to create the thread uses a volatile boolean variable. Whilever it is set to TRUE, the thread remains alive. However, when I set the variable to FALSE from the calling process (user wants to end processing), it has no effect. The thread continues to run. I thought that declaring the variable as 'volatile'...

how to run 32 bit java dll on 64 bit machine
Hi I have a 32-bit java dll which i need to call from a asp.net application on a 64-bit machine. Please let me know if have any solution. Thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 10 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a8920ecf-b40f-40ca-9247-d465960199fe/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx ...

To Thread or not to thread
I am using a CRecordset object to retrieve data from a remote server. The time to retrieve the data is highly variable because of network traffic etc etc etc and has varied from a few ms to almost a minute. Question: Is it a good practice to use a worker thread to handle the database exchange to avoid having my main thread block for long periods of time? I assume that I would let the exchange timeout and then check the return status and a global variable to determine if it should keep trying until it returned data ( might be null but that's ok). Ron H. Ron, While it may be a tin...

Anyone care to offer advice for my Client / Server threading model
I'm a bit of a sockets newbie and not too sure what the established ways of handling CAsyncSockets are. I need to handle two way comms between two or more handheld pcs and a server. WIth the server I've got: 1 Thread polling for new connections 1 Thread per client connection. The client thread is stuck in a loop called from CWinThread::InitInstance and sits and calls the CAsyncSocket::Receive function until something arrives. It uses peekmessage and postmessage in this loop to see if the app wants me to send anything to the client. This is working erratically though - peekmessage know...

update won't run...from v.X to 10.1.2
I have recently installed Office v.X on my office G4 and am trying to upgrade so I can connect to our exchange server. I downloaded the 10.1.2 updater and have run it but it seems to hang on the "Gathering Information" window with the spinning beach ball of death. I have tried restarting, repairing permissions, redownloading the installer and nothing chanages. Am I doing this the right way or is there an upgrade I'm missing somewhere? is there something else I'm not doing right? Thank you in advance for your help!! peace jarod Hi Do you have some mounted serve...

Found new hardware on every start up
Does anyone know why everytime i restart my PC, i always get "Found new hardware" and i have to click cancel. i have nothing plugged into the USB ports at all and i don't understand. help please with this annoyance. thanks MDG wrote: > Does anyone know why everytime i restart my PC, i always get "Found new > hardware" and i have to click cancel. i have nothing plugged into the USB > ports at all and i don't understand. > help please with this annoyance. thanks > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298370 If that doesn't work, ...

Threads in MFC
Hi to all... I've made a multithreaded Application (with MFC of course) and it works well on some PC, but in others PC's with the same OS (Win2000SP4) it throws "access Violation" immediatly just when a thread starts. (No matter which one... just the first). I've supposed it was some lib missing, and I've installed VC6... it didn't solve anything. any suggestion? I had a similar problem when I didn't realize I was trying to distribute a DEBUG version of the program. Otherwise, can you post a code snippet? On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 16:55:16 +0200, Nicola Bam...

Update macro on start up
I have a macro with the following code range("h5").value=application.sum(range("a2:f3")) If a value in the range A2:F3 is cahnged I need to run the macro again so as to change the value in cell H5. Is there something like "automatic update"??? so that I don't need to run the macro whenever a value is changed. Using a macro seems like overkill to me. I'd just put =sum(a2:f3) in H5 Khalil Handal wrote: > > I have a macro with the following code > range("h5").value=application.sum(range("a2:f3")) > If a value in th...

multi-threaded control not destroyed on exiting the page?

how to get started
Hi, I am looking at a device driver we have that was built 6 years ago. I need to make a change, but I am not sure how to build this thing. I have a .c file and a .h file. Some comments tell me this is a kernal-mode driver and that it is a windows driver model driver. I have visual c++ 7.0 (.NET). Any help or hints in the right direction would be appreciated. It is a little old, but check out http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/foundation/DrvDev_Intro.mspx for how to build it. You will need the WDK see http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/WDK/WDKpkg.mspx -- D...