THE BIGGEST QUESTION OF ALL

After months trying to make things work, and now I found errors that did not
come from my own ignorance but from MSRMS such as:

--Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix.
--Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly.
--lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking...

The big question is:

If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there
solutions?

Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software and
provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we pay
with the assumption that the software works and that basic support will be
there when it's paid for?...

I'm getting none from my annual support fee., am short of calling and paying
for the incidence support because I don't have confidence that solution will
be provided....

What you think of this situation?.....

0
Kay (174)
10/19/2005 10:13:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The tech support group that handles paid incidents is VERY good.  If you
open an incident and the technician finds it to be caused by a bug in the
software you won't be charged - at least that's been my experience.  I've
opened about 20 incidents over the years and only been charged for a handful
of them, eventhough I had to enter my credit card number every time.  Don't
bother trying to call them though - just log into Customer Source and enter
the incident from there.

Remember that RMS is sold through a partner channel for a reason though - as
has been thouroughly discussed over the past week.  Your partner should be
your first stop for support, but maybe I'm the wrong one to ask about that.
My customers all call me and I take care of it - in 2 years of working with
RMS I've referred 1 customer to MS for per Incident support and that was for
what was clearly a bug.

If the partner you bought the product through isn't able to support you, you
can always switch - just understand that service is the product that partner
sell - the software itself is just a tag-along.

By the way, Zebra hang tags CAN be done on an EPL based printer model - ZPL
should work too, but I haven't tried it.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"kay" <kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After months trying to make things work, and now I found errors that did
> not
> come from my own ignorance but from MSRMS such as:
>
> --Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix.
> --Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly.
> --lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking...
>
> The big question is:
>
> If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there
> solutions?
>
> Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software and
> provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we
> pay
> with the assumption that the software works and that basic support will be
> there when it's paid for?...
>
> I'm getting none from my annual support fee., am short of calling and
> paying
> for the incidence support because I don't have confidence that solution
> will
> be provided....
>
> What you think of this situation?.....

0
glenn9672 (1267)
10/19/2005 10:50:02 PM
I agree entirely and have grown mostly tired of complaining about it.  As
many of you can see my critical posts have mostly ceased.

You may want to check here:
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/retailmanagementsystem/rms_serviceplan.mspx

the key line would be:
Software Quality Support - Customers can receive support on confirmed
quality problems at no charge as well obtain a work-around to confirmed
quality problems.

I'm sure there is still some grey area, but I have found MBS to be
relatively honest in their approach to it.  The bad part seems to be after a
Quality Report has been confirmed, it seems like it takes forever to get
fixed.

I still do not think the Maintenance Plan is worth what they are asking for
it.  MAYBE 9%, but 18% is absurd.

I will refrain from further comment as it could insight a riot.

"kay" <kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After months trying to make things work, and now I found errors that did
> not
> come from my own ignorance but from MSRMS such as:
>
> --Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix.
> --Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly.
> --lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking...
>
> The big question is:
>
> If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there
> solutions?
>
> Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software and
> provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we
> pay
> with the assumption that the software works and that basic support will be
> there when it's paid for?...
>
> I'm getting none from my annual support fee., am short of calling and
> paying
> for the incidence support because I don't have confidence that solution
> will
> be provided....
>
> What you think of this situation?.....

0
anonymous (74722)
10/19/2005 10:57:44 PM
Months of trying? Who were you asking? Our reseller has answered every
question I can think of but we haven't needed to ask them anything in months.
We had two $95 calls to Microsoft in two years and they fixed one problem
even though it took 2 days and we caused it. On another call they sent us a
hot fix and helped us install it and did not charge anything. Another problem
was fixed by updating the network card driver. Pretty good support if you ask
me. Compared to our old Windows progam that broke every other week and needed
a rebuild once a month RMS is a blessing. Maybe it depends on who helps
install it but I installed RMS on a couple new workstations without any help.
Why can't the company you bought from help you with your questions? That's my
big question. :)

"kay" wrote:

> After months trying to make things work, and now I found errors that did not
> come from my own ignorance but from MSRMS such as:
>
> --Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix.
> --Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly.
> --lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking...
>
> The big question is:
>
> If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there
> solutions?
>
> Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software and
> provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we pay
> with the assumption that the software works and that basic support will be
> there when it's paid for?...
>
> I'm getting none from my annual support fee., am short of calling and paying
> for the incidence support because I don't have confidence that solution will
> be provided....
>
> What you think of this situation?.....

0
mark564 (750)
10/20/2005 3:38:04 AM
Glenn,
Thanks, I will start emailing them for questions.  My first contact with the
incidence support was very good as well in terms of technical support.  I
didn't get charged because I must have seemed completely lost having bought
an HQ and 2 POS without thorough testing, etc....

Mark,

It's a long story how I bought the system, after using another software
while my hard drive broke down...Fed up,  I didn't understand the problem,
scrapped everything and bought new ones!....I already had so much experience
installing POS myself.  How hard could it be?  It's Microsoft, afterall, in
2005, just plug and play, right?....WRONG!....

That led to Root:

The charges are different from partner to partner....as I understand now.
My first contact gave me a quote that I thought was exaggerated, 1970's
prices....I went on the net and got just the software bundles without
support, learned most things myself so far with a little help with the
initial database password, connection and deletion of sample data, from the
first incidence support that  I called, thinking it came with the
package!l.....

My reseller is friendly and trying to help, but not much progress at the
pace we communicate....

No, it is not an Apple nano.  We need ARMS ;)

"Mark" wrote:

> Months of trying? Who were you asking? Our reseller has answered every
> question I can think of but we haven't needed to ask them anything in months.
> We had two $95 calls to Microsoft in two years and they fixed one problem
> even though it took 2 days and we caused it. On another call they sent us a
> hot fix and helped us install it and did not charge anything. Another problem
> was fixed by updating the network card driver. Pretty good support if you ask
> me. Compared to our old Windows progam that broke every other week and needed
> a rebuild once a month RMS is a blessing. Maybe it depends on who helps
> install it but I installed RMS on a couple new workstations without any help.
> Why can't the company you bought from help you with your questions? That's my
> big question. :)
>
> "kay" wrote:
>
> > After months trying to make things work, and now I found errors that did not
> > come from my own ignorance but from MSRMS such as:
> >
> > --Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix.
> > --Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly.
> > --lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking...
> >
> > The big question is:
> >
> > If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there
> > solutions?
> >
> > Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software and
> > provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we pay
> > with the assumption that the software works and that basic support will be
> > there when it's paid for?...
> >
> > I'm getting none from my annual support fee., am short of calling and paying
> > for the incidence support because I don't have confidence that solution will
> > be provided....
> >
> > What you think of this situation?.....

0
Kay (174)
10/20/2005 4:39:01 AM
Hi Glenn,

Which Zebra printer works best for hang tags?  I was thinking the 2844
model.

Also, do you know where i can get the RMS label file for this?

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:%238SLz9P1FHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> The tech support group that handles paid incidents is VERY good.  If you
> open an incident and the technician finds it to be caused by a bug in the
> software you won't be charged - at least that's been my experience.  I've
> opened about 20 incidents over the years and only been charged for a
> handful of them, eventhough I had to enter my credit card number every
> time.  Don't bother trying to call them though - just log into Customer
> Source and enter the incident from there.
>
> Remember that RMS is sold through a partner channel for a reason though -
> as has been thouroughly discussed over the past week.  Your partner should
> be your first stop for support, but maybe I'm the wrong one to ask about
> that. My customers all call me and I take care of it - in 2 years of
> working with RMS I've referred 1 customer to MS for per Incident support
> and that was for what was clearly a bug.
>
> If the partner you bought the product through isn't able to support you,
> you can always switch - just understand that service is the product that
> partner sell - the software itself is just a tag-along.
>

> By the way, Zebra hang tags CAN be done on an EPL based printer model -
> ZPL should work too, but I haven't tried it.

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "kay" <kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> After months trying to make things work, and now I found errors that did
>> not
>> come from my own ignorance but from MSRMS such as:
>>
>> --Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix.
>> --Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly.
>> --lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking...
>>
>> The big question is:
>>
>> If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there
>> solutions?
>>
>> Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software
>> and
>> provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we
>> pay
>> with the assumption that the software works and that basic support will
>> be
>> there when it's paid for?...
>>
>> I'm getting none from my annual support fee., am short of calling and
>> paying
>> for the incidence support because I don't have confidence that solution
>> will
>> be provided....
>>
>> What you think of this situation?.....

0
gwilliams (59)
10/20/2005 7:27:46 PM
We've used the LP2824 and the 2746e (which is much bigger & more expensive).
The 2844 is equivalent to the 2824 but with a 4" print head instead of 2".

The label file depends on the tag stock that you use just as much as the
printer.

We use the EPL language and Generic/Text drivers - start from the Eltron.lbl
format and modify to work with your tag stock.

The tags we use with the 2746e are nice because they have a tear-off section
where we print the price rotated 90 degrees - Try that with the Label
Designer :)

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Greg Williams" <gwilliams@safetynet-inc.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>>
>>> --Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix.
>>> --Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly.
>>> --lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking...
>>>
>>> The big question is:
>>>
>>> If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there
>>> solutions?
>>>
>>> Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software
>>> and
>>> provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we
>>> pay
>>> with the assumption that the software works and that basic support will
>>> be
>>> there when it's paid for?...
>>>
>>> I'm getting none from my annual support fee., am short of calling and
>>> paying
>>> for the incidence support because I don't have confidence that solution

10/20/2005 9:48:19 PM

"kay" wrote:

> After months trying to make things work, and now I found errors that did not
> come from my own ignorance but from MSRMS such as:
>
> --Wrong item description misteriously appearing on my matrix.
> --Zebra printer not printing hang tags properly.
> --lots of other questions unanswered, as you all here are asking...
>
> The big question is:
>
> If we pay $90 per incidence, it will cost thousands, but are there
> solutions?
>
> Consequently, shouldn't MS be responsible for the flaw in its software and
> provide this kind of technical support to be worth the original month we pay
> with the assumption that the software works and that basic support will be
> there when it's paid for?...
>
> I'm getting none from my annual support fee., am short of calling and paying
> for the incidence support because I don't have confidence that solution will
> be provided....
>
> What you think of this situation?.....

0
billr3 (50)
10/21/2005 1:17:02 PM
Did you by any chance take the online course or purchase the trainng
workbooks for RMS? If you don't feel like paying someone to help you the
training materials should answer most of your questions. We took the course
and paid someone for several hours of additional support and training. Money
well spent IMO. Now we only call if we have an emergency or want something
extra.

"kay" wrote:

> Mark,
>
> It's a long story how I bought the system, after using another software
> while my hard drive broke down...Fed up,  I didn't understand the problem,
> scrapped everything and bought new ones!....I already had so much experience
> installing POS myself.  How hard could it be?  It's Microsoft, afterall, in
> 2005, just plug and play, right?....WRONG!....

0
mark564 (750)
10/23/2005 12:01:02 AM
Mark,
I can comfortably say that the things I haven't got correctly from lack of
formal training are minor.  The features I really need are not working
properly. The REAL technical problems with the features that I really need
have not been resolved by the technical team, as I have subscribed to the
incident support service.

We'll see!.....

"Mark" wrote:

> Did you by any chance take the online course or purchase the trainng
> workbooks for RMS? If you don't feel like paying someone to help you the
> training materials should answer most of your questions. We took the course
> and paid someone for several hours of additional support and training. Money
> well spent IMO. Now we only call if we have an emergency or want something
> extra.
>
> "kay" wrote:
>
> > Mark,
> >
> > It's a long story how I bought the system, after using another software
> > while my hard drive broke down...Fed up,  I didn't understand the problem,
> > scrapped everything and bought new ones!....I already had so much experience
> > installing POS myself.  How hard could it be?  It's Microsoft, afterall, in
> > 2005, just plug and play, right?....WRONG!....

0
Kay (174)
11/3/2005 3:25:06 PM
Kay is the perfect example of why you need to buy RMS from a local dealer,
and not off the internet.

"kay" wrote:

> Mark,
> I can comfortably say that the things I haven't got correctly from lack of
> formal training are minor.  The features I really need are not working
> properly. The REAL technical problems with the features that I really need
> have not been resolved by the technical team, as I have subscribed to the
> incident support service.
>
> We'll see!.....
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
> > Did you by any chance take the online course or purchase the trainng
> > workbooks for RMS? If you don't feel like paying someone to help you the
> > training materials should answer most of your questions. We took the course
> > and paid someone for several hours of additional support and training. Money
> > well spent IMO. Now we only call if we have an emergency or want something
> > extra.
> >
> > "kay" wrote:
> >
> > > Mark,
> > >
> > > It's a long story how I bought the system, after using another software
> > > while my hard drive broke down...Fed up,  I didn't understand the problem,
> > > scrapped everything and bought new ones!....I already had so much experience
> > > installing POS myself.  How hard could it be?  It's Microsoft, afterall, in
> > > 2005, just plug and play, right?....WRONG!....

0
jc1 (91)

Chart Question
I need to create a chart that has two stacked columns(side by side) i the same period - Is this possible? There would be four rows of data two data points in each stack. Thanks, gabb -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Start by having a look here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html There is loads of useful information and lots of sample charts - along with tips and tricks. -- Andy. "Gabriella T >" <<Gabriella.T.14rhwc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Gabriella.T.14rhwc@excelforum-nospam.com... > I need to create a chart...

Another VS 2005 question
Thank you for all the comments you gave me on the question on upgrading from VS 6 to VS 2005. I downloaded VS 2005 Express and started playing.... However, an application created with VS 2005 (on a Vista machine) runs fine on that machine, but does not run on another machine (happens to have XP). An error message pops up about something wrong with the application settings. Any ideas? I searched Google and it seems that this problem is somewhat common, but I don't know what to do about it. Thanks, Harald Could you list the error message? Perhaps a DLL is missing from the other ...

Pivot table question #3
Thanks for any help. I want to make a pivot table on 2 fields. The y-axis has the "birth year" (ie 1990), and the x-axis has the "years of life" (ie 4). The inner data is the number of people/records/etc alive born at that year, that many years in. I would like the pivot table to sum the number of records (this pivot table is based on a query which has the birth years and years of life) for each year that they are alive. Something like this: x-axis: 0,1,2,3,4,5 y-axis:1988,1990,1991 data(for example): 8,7,6,6,5,5 9,9,9,9,9,6 5,3,3,2,2,1 The data would have a birth y...

Pivot chart question #3
I am using Excel 2007. In previous versions, I've seen filter dropdown boxes on top of the pivot chart. But I haven't been able to put the filter box on the pivot chart with Excel 2007. Now they reside in the PivotChart Filter Pane. Is there a way to have them in the chart area? If that's not possible, is there another way to show the filtered values/labels on the chart? Thanks! ...

PSTL licensing & processing question
We considering a few of the modifier tools in the Professional Services Tools Library and I have some questions regarding how the tools operate. We're in our first year implementation with GP10 ... and we're finding there are a few inventory items we'd like to change now rather than "living with it forever", so we we're looking at the Item Number Modifier. One question I have concerns licensing ... do I understand this right? PSTL tools are not part of the enhancements program, so when an upgrade is released, if I need the new version of the tool I nee...

e-learning question about globalization(culture)
Hi! Here is the question from e-learning about globalization: Which method illustrates how to retirieve information for the current culture of the application.(Choose all that apply) 1. Create a new instance of the CultureInfo class, and instansiate it with no values specified in the constructor. 2. Use CurrentCulture property of the CurrentThread property of the Thread instance. 3. Create a new instance of the CultureInfo class, and use an invariant culture. 4. Create an instance of the CultureInfo class using a specific culture, and check the CurrentCulture property. ...

Please help. Question about querying a subform
I asked this yesterday and see all kinds of questions around me being answered and suppose i just did not word this correctly. I have a table of lab results. It is related to my patient table. It is a one-to-many relationship. I have a date field, which is the date of last labs. I am trying to build a query that will pull only the most previous lab from each patient, with the criteria of it having been more than 6 months ago. I do not want to pull lab dates from 10 months ago, if there is one within the last 6 months. This is for a Dr and it is a priority that I get it d...

Quick question for David (since I saw he was online earlier)
Hi David, Could you point me in the direction of the Microsoft Small Business Accounting newsgroups please? I had them in my other newsreader, but have since lost them in this one. And, I know they should be pretty easy to find, but I'm having a "blind" moment. Thanks. Patrick. -- Patrick Dickey <pd1ckey43@removethis.msn.com> http://www.pats-computer-solutions.com Smile.. someone out there cares deeply for you. Patrick I will see what I can find out for you. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Micros...

Back up question
I am trying to back on back office and Looks like I am not doing right way. My pc where data sit name is REGISTERPC When I go to back office and try to back up and It asking me USENAME; REGIDTERPC/GUEST AND PASSWORD. I tried all the password didnt work. I tried SA password and My adminstrator password. the otherthing when I turn on guest account on register pc then I got massege Your local setting not allowing. My window furewall is off But antivirus is on . WHat I am doing wrong ? Gill, You can't use the RMS built-in backup routine to backup a database to a workstation'...

a condition question
I have two columns of data. I want to know the average GPA of only those students at Carter Middle School. Help? GPA(COL A) School (COL H) 3.3 Carter Middle School 2.3 Carter Middle School 2.8 Centennial 4.0 Carter Middle School =SUMPRODUCT((B1:B4="Carter Middle School")*A1:A4)/SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B4="Carter Middle School")) "Penny" <Penny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4FB97B8-8E72-4431-BA97-3F9259E85200@microsoft.com... >I hav...

bandwidth questions
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - we are attempting to move all users from a remote exchange server (in Mass) to the corporate exchange server (in Fla). The bandwidth between the 2 sites is 156K. I've put 8 people on my corporate server and they are screaming about slowness. It takes 5 minutes to open an attachment, they sporadically get disconnected, etc. Are there any rules, regulations or white papers that describe the best optimization for this type of scenario? I have approximately 150 users to move to the corporate server, but I need to get this issue resolved first or my phone will never s...

CRM 4.0 Email Router Questions
Two questions for the experts regarding email tracking and how that works: 1. If I edit a CRM email in my outlook to have a new subject line, will the tracking token still remain in the background and track the email in CRM? Let's say someone replies to an email and the reply is tracked. I then change the subject, send and they reply again. 2. I have a CRM email in my Outlook and forward it to my manager with additional comments to keep them apprised of some progress, will the forwarded email be tracked in CRM? Thanks! 1) You don't say which version of CRM you are using. CRM 4 ...

Question about Excel 2003
When I open a file by Excel 2003, many cells has the tiny triangle(like the sign of a comment) insered in the upper left corner. I have no idea why they appeared because they don't when opened by Excel 2000. Please advise. Thanks in advance. Jason Jason, that is excel "helpful" error checking, have a look at tools options error checking to see what it is checking for, and to turn it off :) -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Ex...

2 basic Excel questions for you pro's
I am a very new user of Excel so bear with my "green-ness"; 1) I have been creating links throughout my 13 sheet workbook, now when I attempt to finish making these links today, the actual formula (=SUM(A36)) is populating into the cell and not my data???? 2) I have a section that I want users to be able to only select 1, like "choose only 1" in a survey. When you select 1 cell, your previous selection moves, etc. Thanks in advance for the help~ First basic question: If you enter a formula and it appears in both the formula bar and the cell, odds are Excel thinks ...

Newbie question #4
I have this XML <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <PORMessage key="new" j:effectiveDate="2007-05-21" xmlns:j="http://www.xxx.com/xxxx/3.0.3" xmlns="http://www.xxx.com"> <ActivityID> <ID>12345</ID> </ActivityID> </PORMessage> =================== END ===== Then my C# code is: xmlDoc.LoadXml(xmlMsg); XmlNamespaceManager nsmgr = new XmlNamespaceManager(xmlDoc.NameTable); nsmgr.AddNamespace("j", "http://www.xxx.com/xxxx/3.0.3"); XmlNode porNode = xmlDoc.Se...

Extender Question #2
It is possible to have the extender window pop-up only under specific conditions? Specifically, I want extender value to be filled in when a specific line item is entered, and let it be blank or disabled when another value is entered. I don't believe you can with the standard edition, which is what you buy through Microsoft. You might be able to use VBA to control it. Alternatively, you can check out the Extender Enterprise edition because it does have the ability to add conditions. The website is http://www.eonesolutions.com.au. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jivtesh" wrote: ...

OLE Object Data Type Question
Hi, a friend of mine supports a very simple Access 2000 database for keeping tracks of his .JPG file. The database has a table with several field, and one of them is of OLE Object data typy. He opens that table, rightclicks OLE Object field, selects Insert Oject and creates a link to a .JPG file. After finishing insertion the OLE Object field contains kind of "MSPicture3" or "MSImage3" (I don't remember exactly the text). Before a month ago he moved his database to another computer and now after insertion into the OLE Object field a link, it contains "...

CRM Licensing Question
When I enter the license code during setup of CRM Small Business Edition, it shows 75 users. Does that mean, 75 users are legally allowed to use the software? I'm trying to figure out how 3.0 licensing differs in the area of number of seats (I understand the 2 editions, etc.). In 1.2, we purchase only 5 seats. So how does that translate into 3.0? Do we have 5 seats or 75? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com 75 Seats. In small business edition that is the maximum number of users if you install CRM 3.0...

Windows 2008 Foundation
We are considering installing some small servers in some of our remote offices to do simple file serving tasks. I am curious to know if Windows 2008 Foundation Server can provide the following services (and if there are some limitations to them, plese let me know): File Sharing File Replication (back to our corp hq for file backups) Secondary Domain Controller functions (in case of network outage at corp hq) "dean.carrefour" <deancarrefour@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BA2FF0F-4BF2-48F0-AD29-D29C1BB74597@microsoft.com... > We are cons...

Question on Storage Limit for Standard Server
I know Exchange Standard is limited to 16 GIG's. (for now, until SP2) But is that Actual DB size, or size of the 4 files. Different people tell me different things. And I am trying to get the actual word on that. I just deleted 2 users from our system. In the exchange admin program together they showed about 4 Gig's of emails. After I deleted them & Purged - the db size did not go down. When we did an Offline Defrag, it freed up 1.0 GIG. Is there something I am missing? The 4 files are around 13.0GIG. I don't want to have the server shutdown (again) Just trying t...

Where do my questions go?
The last 2 questions I have asked on this site under Windows XP General have just disappeared. I can till see my previous questions but not the last 2. Help point me in the right direction please? Charlie3110 wrote: > The last 2 questions I have asked on this site under Windows XP > General have just disappeared. I can till see my previous questions > but not the last 2. Help point me in the right direction please? Unfortunately - the trouble could be anywhere. You are using the Microsoft web interface for the Newsgroups to paste these messages it seems: X-Newsreader...

LDAP Question
We currently use Surfcontrol as our outer perimeter mail filter and I need it to query the AD via LDAP to import mail addresses to stop Directory Harvest Attacks. I have a rule in the firewall to allow the mailfilter to talk to exchange on port 389 but it fails and I believe I know why, even a telnet fails. Am I right in saying that even though my mailfilter is talking to my Exhange 2003 box, the Exchange server is not listening on 389 for incoming connections as it is only a member server? TIA For sure you should connect to a AD Domain Controller... User info is in AD. -- Regards...

Another curvy question....
I've now discovered that I can get some cort of curvy linear arrows by using the Autoshape connectors, and this wouldn't be a problem apart from the fact that the curved connecting arrows default to an 'S' shaped curve, whereas I only want a simple arc. By manipulating the yellow adjustment handle I still don't seem to be able to get a proper arc shape - it just moves the unwanted bend in the curve. Any suggestions? Many thanks, A The basic shapes in Autoshapes has a curved line. It is a simple arc. I have a method of using text (WordArt) along a curved line. It ...

Bulk Import Question
I'm trying to import Leads with Bulk Import Wizard. Everything seems fine except that I can't pick the Target Field, it's greyed out. Is this because the header record contains exact field names? It looks like it is going to map to the wrong fields. The options that are grayed out are required fields set within your form. Are they on theleft hand column at the top of the list? -- Microsoft Small Business Specialist "dpace@newagedigital.com" wrote: > I'm trying to import Leads with Bulk Import Wizard. Everything seems > fine except that I can't pick t...

Pivot Table for survey data w/ questions as Rows & poss answrs as
Hi, I'm trying to use a Pivot Table to present some survey results, and could use a point in the right direction. Details: -------- - The first question is "what department do you work for?" - The rest of the questions all have the same possible answers (agree, strongly, disagree, strongly disagree). - The questions are the column headings in the source data set. In the Pivot Table, I'm looking to: ----------------------------------- - have the rows be the individual questions (col headings from data set) - have the columns be the four possible answer (col data from data...